[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of Gary Johnson and libertarians? Per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 800x430
What does /pol/ think of Gary Johnson and libertarians?

Personally I think the best part is just to get another voice and turn away from a two party system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRtH_j_2SiY
>>
>>78372344
is he the one that wants to let all the spics in?
>>
>>78372344
Gary Johnson is an awful """"libertarian"""""

>open borders
>hates guns
>pro-TTP

He might as well just join the democrats at this point
>>
>>78372344
I like libertarians but I do support the wall (Not the racism part though). America does have a major illegal problem and I feel Trump will solve it.

Get Trump to take out people who aren't legal and build a wall then we can vote libertarian.
>>
>>78372501
>>78372786
>>78372866

"Immigration into the United States by ambitious, willing workers and their families is a good thing. Not only is it a historical and energizing part of American culture and experience, it is vital to our economy. These positive benefits should not be sacrificed or reduced in any solution to stop illegal immigration."

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20100630006591/en/Governor-Gary-Johnson-Honorary-Chairman-America-Initiative
>>
>>78372786
He is a great libertarian just not a crazy one. Socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I have mad respect for him running as a republican and getting elected by a democratic population.
>>
>>78372786
He doesn't hate guns though.

Free trade and free movement of people have been tenets of libertarianism since the beginning
>>
>>78373325
>be illegal mexican
>work part time odd jobs under the table
>pay no income tax
>deplete social services that I shouldn't be allowed to have in the first place
>somehow, this is a good thing
>>
>>78372344
desu his term limits plan may single-handedly fix our democratic system, but I can forgive the open borders thing
>>
>>78372786
Open borders matters a lot less if you have almost no taxes. I don't support it, but I can see the pros. If you don't like where you are, get up and leave and go somewhere else you like better.
>>
>>78373971
He isn't a principled libertarian, you mean.
>>
>>78374244
You misunderstand. He wants to legalize that work force so that we CAN tax them. He does not want to offer an open border he just wants to allow the companies that require that workforce to do so legally and allow the workers a safe and responsible means to get that work. He would tax exports as well and does not support social services for persons on work visas, which right now illegal immigrants are illegible for in many places.
>>
>>78372344
He is better then Bernie and A LOT better then Hildog
>>
>>78372344
He's fucking stupid and not consistent.

Here he is making a fool of himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7fq_Xv4I0U
>>
He won't win but if he can get 10+%, he can fuck the retarded 2 party system.
>Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos
>>
>>78375127
That sounds reasonable.
>>
>>78374892
This is true Ideally he would want consumption tax would would mean that our government would get it's funding from anyone spending and living in america illegal or not.
>>
>>78372344
second to trump.

Still shit though. He's really inconsistent and doesn't have his priorities straight.
>>
>>78375106
At least he has his own independent thought and won't just pander to his party or his constituents.
>>
>>78375261
god help us if shillary is elected...
>>
>>78372344

Give it up shillposters. I'm libertarian as fuck, and I ain't about to vote for a third party to hand this shit to Hillary.
>>
>>78372344
the only time a third choice is taken seriously by the mainstream is when it can split a vote for a clinton

ROSS PEROT FOR HIS GENERATION
>>
File: maxime-bernier.jpg (20 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
maxime-bernier.jpg
20 KB, 620x465
I'm supporting Maxime Bernier, the Canadian Gary Johnson.
>>
>>78375330
"It really is a state issue"

Sounds pretty libertarian to me...
>>
>>78372344

>He and Bill Weld have my vote.
>>
>>78375348
He needs 15% in national polls and then he will be in presidential debates. I honestly think that is enough to get people to realize how fucked the binary system is.
>>
File: Arte_Johnson.jpg (15 KB, 293x220) Image search: [Google]
Arte_Johnson.jpg
15 KB, 293x220
>>78372344
still not to late to change his name to Arte Johnson
>>
File: 1466659547727.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466659547727.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>78372501
>>
>>78375534
>really inconsisten
I think people see him like this because he doesn't follow the paradigm they are used to. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal is never heard from dems or reps so it sounds wishy washy. Honestly if you think about the old adage 'If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain." He has both.
>>
>>78372344
usefull idiots
>>
That's it, I am now #FeelTheJohnson
>>
>>78375841
this is why we can't have nice things...

at least poll for him and get him on a stage so we don't just have the same binary discussion on way more complicated issues.
>>
>>78377463
kek
>>
>>78372344
Only thin positive I will say about him is that he is good looking
Now fek off
>>
>>78375127
isn't removing all taxes and install a single sale tax also a thing he wants to do? i think i heard him talking about it on the rogan show, not entirely sure how feasible that would be, esp with exports, but it's an very interesting idea if it does
>>
>>78379340
Johnson supports ending the federal personal and corporate income tax system and replacing it with the FairTax reform proposal (while systematically reducing these taxes to near-zero levels), a national consumption tax on new goods and services. He believes the FairTax would "reboot" the American economy without impacting those at or under the poverty level, who would not be subject to it. He believes that abolishing the federal corporate income tax, which he says is the second highest in the world, would create tens of millions of jobs immediately.

This is an ideal situation. Right now, with the tax plan we have, he thinks the fair think to do would be to tax this large work force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubs2LKpZmAM
>>
>>78379001
I'd rather fuck him than Hillary that's for sure
>>
>>78372344
I wish McAfee was the nominee 2bh.

I'm no anarchist but the Dems and Republican Parties are corrupt and insane, fiscally conservative and socially do whatever the fuck you want (assuming you're not hurting anyone, physically, financially, environmentally etc.) is a good philosophy, and a foreign policy that promotes trade and peace is good.

Johnson can't even effectively defend the parts of libertarianism he believes in. I'll probably still vote for him though.
>>
>>78372786
I don't love Johnson but he's more pro-gun than trump and is against this "no fly, no buy" bullshit so don't spread disinfo.
>>
>>78372786
in regards to TPP he says "in a perfect world there wouldn’t be a document like that, there would just be free trade.”

That is the bottom line free trade, free markets, freedom to choose.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24 KB, 499x499
>>78372344
he should kill himself desu
>>
>>78372786
FYI Ron Paul, Austin Petersen, Ed Clark, Steve kernel, Teller, and every former national chairman for the libertarian party all endorse Gary Johnson.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.