[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I understand burgers value their right to bear arms, but how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: 3000.jpg (52 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
3000.jpg
52 KB, 620x372
I understand burgers value their right to bear arms, but how is this an issue? Why is banning people on the no fly list from carrying arms controversial? Isn't it common sense?
>>
>>78327149
It's an arbitrary list.
>>
>>78327149
Because anyone can put you on a list for whatever reason.
>>
>>78327149
the 2nd ammendmint gaurantees our right to bare arms. it shall not be infringed.

if we had more good guys with guns, then in that Orlando gay bar 49 people wouldn't have died.
>>
>>78327149
It's easy as fuck to get placed on a "watch list"
Just start looking up bomb schematics and
wham-o, watch list.
>>
>>78327149
There is no set way to end up on the list, no set way off the list, no oversight of the list, and no accountability for those that make the list.

Children, Senators, and foreign leaders have wound up on the list for no explainable reason other than clerical errors.

Furthermore, the right to bear arms is a constitutional right, the government cannot strip anyone of it for an arbitrary reason. Only felons lose their rights.
>>
>>78327149
These people are to be monitored for possible activity.
While logical, law is rule, and they haven't done any crime to warrant the revocation of their right.
>>
>>78327149
They can put you on there for "controversial" political posts on social media. Hell, some of us might be on there just for browsing 4chan. It's a fucked system.
>>
>>78327149
There is no due process right to challenge being put on the no-fly list. Same as being put on the organized crime list - that is how the "Insane Clown Posse" band ended up on the OC list. They sued the FBI to get off and got BTFO.
>>
>>78327149
Because everyone has the right to due process.
>>
>>78327149
Because of these little things called the presumption of innocence and due process. You used to have them in Britain, too.
>>
>>78327149
>what is due process?

Unlike you're shitty monarchy we have laws in this country. We're not commoners.
>>
>>78327149
Presumption of innocence and due process.
>>
File: forever.png (148 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
forever.png
148 KB, 512x384
>>78327149
"I had to hide my erection as I left the polling booth" said Nigel Smith.

A tear dropped down my face, a drip of cum dropped down my leg. I had just voted remain. I had just voted for my country to be subjugated by another country. Yet I entered the polling booth fully intending to vote leave. Why you ask?

I entered the polling booth, was about to tick leave. Then I looked at the remain option. At first I was angry that such an option existed. Angry that we had to vote on whether to be a country. Angry that some people would even consider voting remain.

I asked myself why people would vote no to being a country. I put myself in their shoes. That's when it happened. I noticed myself getting an erection for no reason. The more I imagined myself voting remain, the larger the erection grew. I imagined the English sterling being converted into the Euro and it grew yet more. I imagined German politicians deciding English fiscal, social and health policies and my cock began to bulge with one of the firmest erections I've ever had.

I closed my eyes, ticked one of the boxes. Opened my eyes. I had voted remain. I put my voting ballot in the box and walked out, the tears dripping from my face, the cum down my leg.

Later that night when I saw the result of the referendum, I immediately came, then started crying. The day after I bought a chastity cage which I wear to this day.

My name is Nigel Smith. I am English; I am a cuckold.
>>
>>78327149
because anyone can be put on the nofly list without a court, which you would kinda want if somebody takes away from you your constitutional rights.

anyhow, somebody should make a meme picture of the britian flag, a gun control post and something something butter knifes.
>>
>>78327149
d u e p r o c e s s
>>
>>78327149
>"Huh, interesting +mHGZBok. It seems as though you are browsing an internet forum filled with racist bigots who want to usher in a 4th Reich. Very suspicious, I'm afraid we're going to have to put you on the no fly list."
>>
>>78327149
Guns are the great equaliser. They're the ultimate social contract against the government.

When the government tells people they can't have guns because the government has put them on a list, it ruffles feathers.
>>
>>78327149
Obama puts all Republicans on the No Fly list.

Now what?
>>
>>78327149
>1 boat by this IP
>>
Because we know how democrats operate. Give em an inch and they'll take a mile. They are never satisfied. The only way to deal with them is to give them nothing.

If they really cared about crime and gun deaths they'd fix the criminal system that lets out repeat violent offenders, and impose stop and frisk in every single inner city in America

They don't care about crime. They just want the guns
>>
>>78327149

Because it's stripping people of their rights not because they've done something wrong, but based on suspicion alone.
>>
>>78327149
The people shouldn't even be on the no fly list to begin with.
If the government can't even convince a handful of people that they need to ban someone from flying, why should they be able to?
>>
There is no appeals process or due process.

Ted Kennedy (former senator) got on it and it took him 6 months to get off.
>>
>>78327149

because there's no due process to get put on the no fly list and people can be put on it by mistake and it's difficult to get off it.

Also the FBI could decide that all white males are potential terrorists and put you on the no fly list.
>>
>>78327149
Due process.
>>
>>78327149
>be on watchlist
>buy gun
>alarms go off
>instantly v&

why is this so hard?
>>
>>78327435
There was a good guy with a gun in the club, dumbfuck. That theory has been disproved so many times. I'm pro-gun, but I hate when people use that argument to justify it.
>>
>>78327149
>What is due process..
>>
>>78327149
https://youtu.be/DNDcd1Fe5lg
>>
>>78327149
Due Process

You cant strip away rights without due process. Using a secret arbitrary list to deprive civil rights and requiring people to then prove their innocence is obscene and unconstitutional.
>>
File: 1388709495753.png (448 KB, 633x480) Image search: [Google]
1388709495753.png
448 KB, 633x480
>>78327149
Because the list can be abused, or it's really fucking easy to just buy a firearm from someone who can just report it "stolen" to the police later.

Gun control in this country is pointless. You'd have to start seizing guns, to even make it somewhat relatively effective, and there's no way in hell that's ever going to happen.
>>
>>78327149

>ban people on secret list from exercising rights
>Trump wins Presidency
>suddenly, everyone that wants this list is now on the list

When the shoe is on the other foot they'll shit bricks, and they'll forget that it was their idea in the first place.
>>
>>78327149
Because you have no idea why you're on the list.
Takes years to be removed, if at all.

So they could poor everyone on the list, for no reason at all, and completely sidestep your rights as a citizen.

Flying isn't a right, gun ownership is. It wouldn't have prevented any shooting, any way so it's just another pointless law to remove people's rights.
>>
>>78328636
>be on watch list
>committed a crime
pick one
>>
>>78327149
Because it comes down to the government punishing someone for a crime they were not convicted of.
And trust me when I say this, but the dems would abuse the hell out of this law.
>>
>>78328878
One day the shoe may be on the foot and as a diff president vetos things and ignores laws they too may one day become angry that the rule of law is not being upheld and respected. But that is not how they think. The assumption that they will be in power forever, that should the should change they can simply return to the abiding of laws is insane. Once you start down this path no one will ever respect the law again
>>
>>78328688
You mean the security guard who was brained first thing?
>>
File: image.jpg (284 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284 KB, 1200x900
Innocent until proven guilty
No due process to be put on a government list
You can't just strip people of their rights without due it due process

How is this so hard to understand for the rest of the world?
https://youtu.be/DNDcd1Fe5lg
>>
>>78327149
No Fly List = no due process

People get added to it without knowing why and are forbidden to see their file

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Fly_List#Notable_cases

Gulet Mohamed, a U.S. citizen from Virginia, was placed on the no-fly list as a teenager in 2011 while he was visiting family in Kuwait. Because he was on the no-fly list, he was unable to return to the U.S. before his visa expired.[72] He was taken into custody in Kuwait for overstaying his visa, where he alleges that he “was repeatedly beaten and tortured by his interrogators,” one of whom spoke “perfect American English.”[73] Kuwaiti authorities tried to deport him to the U.S., but the airline denied him boarding, presumably because he was on the U.S. no-fly list, and he was returned to prison.

Numerous children (including many under the age of five, and some under the age of one) have generated false positives

>Paging Mr Kafka

Given the Obama Administration penchant for using government agencies to harass political enemies, the new bill is scary to anyone who thinks differently than the DNC zombies
>>
>>78327149
You don't need evidence, a trial, or a conviction to get on a no fly list. The government essentially bans whoever they want.
>>
>>78327149
>Put everybody on that list
>Nobody gets weapons
>>
>>78329625
Because
>common sense gun laws

Attaching common sense to it is meant to make us feel stupid for not supporting it. Because so many people around the world have given up their rights it sounds stupid that you will not follow
>>
>>78329853
That's what the Democrats are going to propose next, but it could essentially blow up in their face

Plus, they would argue that you can't illegal aliens or muslims on the list cause racism
>>
>>78327149

What could go wrong with a secret list that only select non-elected members of government have access to?

>A FUCKING BONG
>>
>>78328688
>There was a good guy with a gun in the club, dumbfuck

SAUCE?
>>
>>78328803
Will there ever be a man as objectively based at Trey "Bulldog" Gowdy
>>
>>78327149
>Isn't it common sense?

'No Fly, No Buy' Means No Freedom
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/06/andrew-p-napolitano/no-fly-no-buy
>>
>>78332039
Why didn't he ever run for anything higher?
>>
>>78327149
>depriving people of rights with no due process
>can be on it for any reason
>never made aware you're on it
>fucking Air Marshals and three year olds have ended up on that list

Yeah, totally a good idea.
>>
Republicans want the same thing but they want due process, and democrats don't want due process.

Democrats therefore blame republicans for being irational hate mongering racist bigoted etc
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 639x818) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 639x818
>>78336431
https://twitter.com/repjerrynadler/status/746014532808638464
>>
>>78327149
5th amendment because you fucks liked to ransack people's houses for no reason.
>>
>>78339085
kek even Congressman are self-parenthesizing?
>>
I can see the logic in what OP says but there's a difference between putting someone on a list to stop them flying and putting them on a list to lose constitutional rights. What's the point in having fundamental rights if you can just lose them by going on an arbitrary list without any due process?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3059x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3059x2048
>>78339329
But those terrorists could be holding arms and powder to lead a rebellion
>>
>>78327149
It's unconstitutional to take away a person's rights without a trial. If they have enough evidence that you're a terrorist to put you on the no-fly list, then they should use that evidence to arrest you and charge you with terrorism. If they're too dangerous to fly or buy a gun, then they're too dangerous to walk the streets.
>>
It's funny that the dumbass liberals who claim there is a "gunshow loophole" want legislation that acts as a loophole in their favor for putting virtually anyone on a "no guns" list.

Fuck liberals.

Seriously. Fuck 'em.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.