[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
kek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: orsonkek.jpg (264 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
orsonkek.jpg
264 KB, 800x600
>tfw the british referendum is actually just a choice between having another recession or not having one.
>tfw the idiotic brexit people will take a hardline of austerity in hope of dealing with the recession, thus further depressing the already depressed economy.
>tfw the majority of brexit voters are poor and will be the largest group negatively effected by this exit and economic downturn.

God it feels good to be American.
>>
>>78299157
Economic (((downturns))) are a spectre of neo-liberal economists.

Markets NEED to go through boom and bust phases, otherwise you just get a stupid-ass bubble that only crashes harder a few years down the road.
>>
File: 1456944937230.jpg (41 KB, 640x647) Image search: [Google]
1456944937230.jpg
41 KB, 640x647
>>78299157
nice try cameron
>>
>>78299157
even if what you say is true, self-sovereignty sort of matters more
>>
>>78299816
>literally austrian austrian economist

Holy fuck. This place is hilarious.

Anyway, Britian just got out of a recession, they don't need to knock themselves down this soon.

If they do, I'll be keking. It would be absolutely hilarious.

>>78300022
>another austrian
Why is it only the germans that seem to care about britain?
>>
>>78299157
>tfw the majority of brexit voters are poor and will be the largest group negatively effected by this exit and economic downturn.

This, kek
>>
File: 1457357962072.jpg (33 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1457357962072.jpg
33 KB, 500x333
>>78299157
Merkel please
>>
File: spicy.gif (424 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
spicy.gif
424 KB, 267x200
>>78299157
>>tfw the british referendum is actually just a choice between having another recession or not having one.

Implying we will have a recession when we're not attached to that shit euro currency.

How did we ever survive before europe? Oh wait, we were fine.

Get out federalist burger.
>>
File: hayekk123.jpg (8 KB, 269x187) Image search: [Google]
hayekk123.jpg
8 KB, 269x187
>>78299816
How is digging and filling the ground going'?
>>
>>78300028
Oh, don't get me wrong. I think the EU was a disastrous idea for a whole host of economic reasons but the UK doesn't even have it bad since they still control their own currency. A lot of the wining coming out of the UK right just seems to be about "muh immigrants" which would be a lot less destructive than an actual exit to the demographic of brexit voters.
>>
>>78300773
>How is digging and filling the ground going'?
What, like how muh stimulus wankers roll?
>>78300357
>>literally austrian austrian economist
>
>Holy fuck. This place is hilarious.
What can I say, gotta stick with tradition. We're on /pol/, I think you should understand the concept.
>If they do, I'll be keking. It would be absolutely hilarious.
You and everyone else, but that's entirely beside the point.
>Why is it only the germans that seem to care about britain?
We've always had a rocky relationship with the Eternal Anglo.
>>
>>78300550
>Implying we will have a recession when we're not attached to that shit euro currency.
hahahahaha.

I have no doubt you actually believe that your country will somehow become recession proof (or some shit) when you leave the EU but the currency itself was never the problem. The fact is simply that if more trade barriers are put up, and there is an increased fear of instability (which there has been as a result of this referendum even happening) that will lead to a decrease in trade overall and lessen the willingness of banks to lend out money as they attempt to prepare for a downturn by holding on to more cash.

>How did we ever survive before europe? Oh wait, we were fine.
No doubt you would eventually be fine again, but I'm speaking in the medium and short term here. There will be a downturn if the UK leaves the EU. There's no way there wouldn't be one from a very basic economic perspective.
>>
File: sip.jpg (55 KB, 780x504) Image search: [Google]
sip.jpg
55 KB, 780x504
>>78299157

enjoy your electoral college choosing hillary clinton for your next president ameriblob
>>
>>78300550
>How do we survive before Europe
That's irrelevant, we're in a post-EU climate so whatever was the case before doesn't matter now

The fact of the matter is Brexit would lead to an immediate economic downturn, whatever comes next is pure speculation
>>
>>78300550
>How did we ever survive before europe?
by being a more significant world power before draining all your national wealth on 2 world wars.

The UK also has no gold reserves. When national debt starts to default globally, the UK is fucked because everyone will agree to back their currencies with a commodity as an emergency response. Almost every other major economy has large gold reserves for just such an event except the UK and Japan. Have fun watching the sterling hyperinflate and beg europe to be allowed in the Eurozone.
>>
>>78301888
Dude, I prefer Clinton to trump. Most people do.

Trump is polling well now because he's the "Fuck You" candidate to the political system. Now Hillary isn't anyone's first choice but she's basically a continuation of the current political system which four more years of won't kill us. I don't like her, most people don't but she's preferable to a literal clown being the president.

also, /pol/cucks, I'm not here to argue about trump. I won't respond to anyone that wants to tell me he's the second coming of christ.
>>
File: pepe laugh.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
pepe laugh.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>78302314
>When national debt starts to default globally
>everyone will agree to back their currencies with a commodity as an emergency response.
>Almost every other major economy has large gold reserves for just such an event

>believing any of this shit

kek
Jesus christ, take a fucking econ class before you ramble out this doomsday nonsense that will absolutely never fucking happen.
>>
>>78303148
Why exactly would that not happen?

It's hardly doomsday nonsense. The international monetary system has collapsed twice in the last 100 years. It wouldn't be doomsday, it would just be pretty shit.
>>
>>78299157
>mfw OP forgot that this b8 is worthless bc brexit already failed

gtfo amerifat

sage
>>
>>78303617
I'll go point by point

>When national debt starts to default globally
You're talking about some scenario where simultaneously almost all countries default on their national debts, correct?

That would require such a ridiculous event to occur in order for that outcome to happen. Not even a full scale world war III would make that happen unless it involved enough nukes to destroy the industrialized production chain in all major nations. A simple bank panic is not enough to cause default. Default only happened in Greece because there was a lender (germany) to which greece could overextend and the fact that the greek economy was disproportionately based on markets that evaporated with the economic downturn. No one has ever realistically been worried about a default in any major country except maybe Spain in like 2013. I just fundamentally don't think you understand how extreme that outcome is.

But yeah, let's assume it happened
>everyone will agree to back their currencies with a commodity as an emergency response.
THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE RESPONSE YOU WOULD SEE.

I wanted to make that as clear as possible. The British tried to revert to a commodity backed currency in the 20s after WWI and it was an unmitigated disaster because it caused a rampant deflationary spiral which increased the labor costs in British businesses to such a degree that they would have needed to decrease wages across the board (which of course, most people are resistant to).

Assuming that most countries would need to have a new currecy (which is a huge assumption because simply defaulting does not necessitate an abandonment of the current currency), they would simply make it some fraction based on the existing one and keep it a fiat currency.

>Almost every other major economy has large gold reserves for just such an event
This is absolutely not why most countries hold gold. Gold is simply a financial asset. It's a precious metal and holds no intrinsic value.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.