[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you have a libertarian society without it turning into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: robocop.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
robocop.jpg
176 KB, 1920x1080
How can you have a libertarian society without it turning into a fascist police state?
>>
>>78269563
The non-agression principle.
>>
>>78269563
why would it turn into one?
>>
File: Ed209.jpg (16 KB, 329x240) Image search: [Google]
Ed209.jpg
16 KB, 329x240
>>78269708
>people have the right to own guns and do whatever the fuck they want to
>police must increase their force and surveilance on people to prevent crimes
>>
>>78269985
You don't seem to have a very good understanding of what a libertarian society is supposed to be. If you really want to know the answers to your questions try to actually read something about their ideas and don't just take memes like "Somalia - libertarian paradise" at face value.
>>
>>78269563
You can't. Actual libertarianism is as much of a pipe dream as communism. There are some good libertarian ideas, but the rest is batshit crazy.

Minarchism is probably the best libertarian society you can get, and even that has its drawbacks.
>>
>>78271241

I think Somalia is more of an anarchy.

USA is a good example of a libertarian police state.
>>
>>78272400
>anarchy
>full of autocratic warlords

stop spouting memes and go read a book
>>
>>78269563
The government's only purpose and existence is to ensure people's constitutional rights arent being trampled. How would this become a police state
>>
I think it really depends on the culture. In some societies, giving everyone a gun would not increase crime much. In others it would be awful.

Really I think immigration is the bigger threat to libertarian societies.
>>
>>78269667
What makes you think that everyone's going to be following that principle?
>>
>>78272400
>USA
>Libertarian
>police state
>>
>>78272620

I wouldn't really call those warlords autocratic. Somalia was literally a failed state.
Somalia only had its goverment internationally recognized in 2012.
>>
>>78273411
How would a government do that? Obviously they need some instrument to do that and I doubt strongly worded letter will be enough.

More importatnly, who would be doing the trambling? The government, people or corporations?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.