[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rampant Pseudo intellectualism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1464677167641.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9 KB, 362x358
What's the deal with people thinking a university degree is an intellectual achievement these days?

What's the deal with people claiming that some candidates are more "qualified" than others based on them being career politicians?

What's the deal with people blindly believing everything that economists / institutions say?
>>
I do a lot of contracting work / remodelwork. I look after 52 apartments, most of which are college apartments.

College kids are hands down the absolute fucking most retarded people I ever meet. That includes illegal immigrants.

Recently got a call from one of them, said the water pressure was fucked up. Turned out their broken ass sink pouring shit tons of water was the problem. They couldn't understand the concept of why running water would reduce water pressure. The sink has been like that for months, and when I asked why didn't they tell the landlord they replied that they thought they had to take care of it. So they would rather pay hundreds of dollars extra a month for electricity, ruin a water pump that would cost hundreds, if not, thousands to fix, all because they didn't want to pay a plumber $100 to fix the sink. Fucking retards.
>>
>>78268547
>t. College drop out

You are clearly asshurt
>>
>>78268547
Oh look, another dimwit insecure about his lack of education harboring contempt for people with literally more qualified opinions
>>
Most people are dumb. End of story
>>
>>78268957

what kind of rental agreement requires the tenant to fix a leaky faucet? I'd let it run wide open too.
>>
Uni graduates are annoying and think repeating what they've read is clever, but equally annoying are highschool drop outs who read a Carl sagan book and think they're an undiscovered intellect
>>
>>78269395
They are liable for the damages they cause.

They aren't required to repair the leaky faucet. They are, however, liable for the damage caused by the leaky faucet because they did not notify the landlord.

I merely just followed their logic for leaving it leak. If they thought it was their problem why would they want to cause thousands of dollars of damages that they are liable for over spending $100 on a plumber.
>>
File: CaIjmDuWwAAcMhA.jpg (53 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
CaIjmDuWwAAcMhA.jpg
53 KB, 600x547
I'm just going to say that, as someone who is college-educated, it is clear to me from so much as a 5 minute conversation which people graduated from college and which did not. For the most part, anyways. There will always be stupid people no matter how educated they are, but the fact is that the non-college-educated are very clearly a step below the college-educated.

Also, "rampant pseudo intellectualism" isn't a problem so much as "rampant anti-intellectualism" case-in-point, this thread.
>>
>>78269395
You dont fix it but how is the landlord suppose to know if you dont tell them
>>
>>78268957
You sound like you really won out in life huh champ

Their cluelessness results from lack of real world experience. Non-college adults aren't any more adept. Your cluelessness, on the other hand, reeks of projection from lack of fulfilment and poor life choices

Now shut the fuck up and fix my toilet, and you better not steal my toothpaste, you fucking bum
>>
>>78269628
What did you study?
>>
>>78269628
>it is clear to me from so much as a 5 minute conversation which people graduated from college and which did not
*tips fedora*
>>
>>78270022
I majored in gender studies, and i now subsequently make 97k a year.

How about yourself?
>>
>>78270224
Maths, 150k starting. Suck it loser.
>>
>>78270224
lol
>>
>>78270224
"what are ids"
>>
>>78268547

Two factors:

No one teaches them about logical fallacies and the dangers of such, especially in the political circle.

They were very sheltered as children by hands-off parenting and thus not prepped for anything.
>>
>>78270224
PhD in memes here starting at $9.8 billion per second
>>
>>78268547
"intellectualism" is just the authorized way to push your beliefs nowadays. It used to be by the word of god, or for patriotic reasons; today it is intellectualism.
And if you don't have any of those things, you fake them.
>>
>its a jerry seinfield thread
>>
>>78270314
>maths
>not 300k starting
>>
>>78269824
It's lack of analytical skills.

Have you ever flushed a toilet and ran water afterwards, like washing your hands?

These kids are absolutely stupid. Those 52 apartments I do is part time work, on average I spend about 5-10 hours a week on them. This year I am already making over $30,000 from them alone. So 150-300 hours of easy work for $30,000 isn't too bad.

Stupid college kids actually make up a large portion of my income. No one is more guaranteed to fuck shit up and not have enough intelligence to spend 5 minutes googling the problem and then 15 minutes fixing the problem. Most of my income comes from quick 10-20 minute jobs.

So thank you for your stupidity, that'll be $200.
>>
>>78268547
I study IT but I know more about philosophy and psychology than my sister who studies psychology
it's sad really
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.