[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth learning Chinese for the future?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: plagiarized-movie-1.jpg (102 KB, 640x453) Image search: [Google]
plagiarized-movie-1.jpg
102 KB, 640x453
Is it worth learning Chinese for the future?
>>
>>78230287
Americano.
Necesitas aprendar espanol por el futuro, amigo.
>>
>>78230287
FUCK THOSE SLANTED EYED SUB-HUMANS
RESIST
>>
>>78230508
Aprendar you fucking mong it's aprender
>>
>>78230508
>>78230287

Los blancos saben.
>>
File: refugee_ship_3.jpg (63 KB, 572x395) Image search: [Google]
refugee_ship_3.jpg
63 KB, 572x395
You should learn Arabic for the future
>>
File: chinese.png (946 KB, 1400x5552) Image search: [Google]
chinese.png
946 KB, 1400x5552
>>78230287
no
>>
>>78230287
No. They know English better than you know Chinese.
>>
>>78230287
As an American who studied Mandarin and lived in China for an extended period of time: no.

The Chinese language will never be more than a regional language. Tones make it difficult for large segments of the world's population to pick it up easily. The writing system is complex and requires a rote memorization approach to learning (which is why the Chinese educational system is the way it is). Because of the writing system it can't easily handle new words like English can.

We have a cultural expectation that others learn English, especially if they come into English-speaking countries. China doesn't have that expectation -- their attitude is that their language is hard, they know it's hard, and while they may smile at a laowai saying "ni hao" to them, they'd be weirded out to see a foreigner actually do well at Chinese.

People like "Dashan" (a white Canadian who is a celebrity in China solely because he is crazy fluent in Chinese) is a sign that Chinese has no future as a lingua franca.
>>
>>78230773
Always make me laugh when spics in America go on about being a "PROUD LAH-TINO" but cant even speak their own retarded, infantile language correctly.
>>
>>78230287
we need to stop the yellow horde
>>
>>78231662
Why?
>>
>>78230989

holy shit
>>
>>78230989
Jesus christ I didn't know it was this bad.
I knew about all the poor manufacturing cause of escalator gifs, but I didn't know they do it on purpose just to earn a buck.
>>
>>78230989
Chinks are soulless insects.
>>
File: 1458079790504.jpg (87 KB, 855x643) Image search: [Google]
1458079790504.jpg
87 KB, 855x643
>tfw speak fluent English and Spanish
>tfw learning Mandarin
>tfw you have the ability to communicate with some 1/4th ofloor the world's people
>and not a single woman
>>
>>78230287
Learn Japanese so you can watch anime without subtitles
>>
>>78236009
Lel
>>
>>78230287

Fuck no, there's more chinamen learning English than anyone else learning their outdated, shit-tier, complicated piece of shit dialects (seriously, fuck Mandarin and Cantonese and their retarded system with millions of symbols that mean different things at the same time).

>>78230508

Nope, if anything we will be the ones speaking English soon.
>>
>>78230989
/pol/ freaking out over this.. Ive known it for years.
If /pol/ didnt know this.. maybe that is why my friends think Im racist when I just start stating facts
>>
File: 1462847582366.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1462847582366.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
> OP asks about learning "Chinese"
> Several replies state "Do not learn Mandarin"
> MFW nobody points out there is no "Chinese" language, it's Mandarin or Cantonese.
> MFW nobody knows Contonese or why you should/should not learn it.
>>
>>78230989
going by that pic, so chinese are worst than blacks then? worst than muslims?

I know chinese people let their kids shit and pee in the street in the middle of the sidewalk, I know they have no compassion, i knew that before, didn't know any of this.
>>
do you like getting murdered ad your daughter etting raped hen cut into a hundred pieces by niggers mexicans and muslims? no? then maybe you should learn mandarin. the subhumans arent getting any smarter. there are mre every year. i dont see a way to fight hem.
>>
>>78243626
Chinese adults shit in the street too. Disgusting animals.
>>
>>78245405
americans get murdered and raped in the streets.

make your choice op
>>
>>78230287
Hello there Charlie!
Let's have a talk about Linguistics!
Is your name Charlie? No? Too bad! It's time to learn some knowledge!
While there are over 1 BILLION speakers of Chinese in the world there are several barriers blocking you from speaking with all of them
The first issue is that most Chinese speakers do not speak the same Dialect. There are over 11 dialects of Chinese.
If you are going to learn Chinese, you will likely be taught Mandarin. This is the most widely spoken Dialect of Chinese, but with only a little over 800 Million native speakers.
Chinese is only spoken in about 5 nations, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau, but the latter two, Hong Kong and Macau do not recognize Mandarin, only Cantonese.
Additionally, most provinces in China proper do not speak Mandarin, so your area of use for Mandarin will be somewhat limited.
But then there's another snag. Chinese is a highly metaphorical language, meaning while you may know the words, the meanings can slip past you quite easily with the language sounding like an odd assortment of "cow and duck in rice patty!" or "fish on juniper!"
Now let us get into the actual language, Charlie!
Mandarin Chinese is a tonal language. This means the inflection of your voice while making the sound sound changes the sounds meaning.
Tao, Tao, and Tao may all sound the same, but when pitched differently become different words. Similar to emphasis in English, but with the drawback of accidentally insulting your neighbor if you don't get it exactly on the nose.
Now we get to the written language. The Chinese script is very complex, and requires the memorization of thousands of characters to understand the root nouns of any sentence.
This, coupled with the lack of a phonetic alphabet means you will need to memorize at least 2000 symbols to achieve basic reading comprehension.
(1/2)
>>
>>78230287
(2/2)
It also mean adding new words into the language is quite difficult and that if you can't speak well, writing to get the message across becomes just as difficult, if not more so.
What this means for the 21st century is that in order to use a computer, Chinese speakers must transliterate their words into phonetic Mandarin using a Latin (English) keyboard and then back into Chinese to utilize the internet efficiently.
Then there is the fact that most Mandarin Chinese speakers, being the wealthier, Coastal dialect, wish to get ahead in life by learning English.
Which means as an English speaker you will likely not be able to pass yourself off as a native Chinese, and when the locals realize you are an English speaker, they will wish to speak English with you to help themselves gain fluency. Many will even over to have you live with them and tutor them or their children.

Essentially, Chinese is a bulky, clumsy, and ultimately useless language of the 21st century that has survived mostly due to the sheer size of the Chinese speaking population and the rural nature of the vast majority of the less dialects.
Which means it is far better to stick with your English, and avoid wasting your time attempting to learn Chinese. Your English will be far more valuable to you.
>>
>>78246993
this.

op didnt i tell you to get back in your cuckshed? if you dont go back were going to raise your taxes even MORE because youve been naughty.

your life sucking tyrones dick and lickig achmeds taint is a happy life. youre so happy. theres no better place on earth!
>>
>>78230287

日本語を習ってください。
>>
>>78230287
AUTOBOTS ROLLL OUUUUUT
>>
>>78230287

Learn spanish, that's the language your grandchildren will speak anyway.
>>
File: peeeggs.jpg (3 KB, 130x87) Image search: [Google]
peeeggs.jpg
3 KB, 130x87
>>78230287
Ha. No.
China will collapse into civil war soon.
Chinese, like the French, don't really care about outsiders. That's why they are both Rare Flags, and why they're most notable and bloody wars are civil wars.
Plus, they eat eggs soaked in urine. I ain't even lying here.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.