[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you are in a debate with someone about nationalism.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: lmao.jpg (126 KB, 460x1357) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
126 KB, 460x1357
Let's say you are in a debate with someone about nationalism. You say that you should be proud of where you're from and should seek to protect your nation and its people.

The person you're debating with asks "Why?"

How do you respond?
>>
>>78215586
If they don't want to protect their nation, then they should leave and not participate in said nation nor reap the benefits of living in it.
>>
>>78215873
Why should they leave? If they say they are here and have no real reason to leave and they don't get why it's important to care about where you live, how to explain that to them?
>>
>>78215586
>The person you're debating with asks "Why?"
Because my nation has allowed me to live a good life and feel safe and I would like for others to be able to live this way too
>>
>>78216289
Maybe straying away from my original question to open up a more open discussion: What is the appeal of nationalism?

I love the idea of caring deeply for your own country but I struggle to come up with reasons for this towards the average person. I can list off the great things about my country but other than that, nothing.

I am typically met with people talking about Hitler.
>>
>>78216585
>What is the appeal of nationalism?
you can base you identity on this rather than your pink hair and taking dicks up your ass
>>
>>78217062
>>78216585
not (you) specifically but you know what I mean
>>
>>78215586
Because they did what they did with you in mind... and it's right to celebrate their efforts. Your place in society is a result of their hard work, and for that they deserve reverence.

Similarly, your progeny will be where it is because of what you do in your life. Hence it's important to build a world that benefits them.

That's the fundamental idea of nationalism.
>>
>>78215586

"I see the flaws in my reasoning. My country is mine through an accident of birth, and borders are imaginary lines. #NoBorders"
>>
>>78217387

Your ancestors have entrusted you with a mission; an ideal that they wished and hoped that you would accept.

When you say that you're proud of your country, or proud of your heritage, you really mean to say that you are grateful to have been passed the torch by your ancestors. That you accept their wish in your heart and you will stand as its representative.
>>
>>78215586
haha that pepe always makes me giggle for a little bit and make me feels good for a few minutes. saging because im not actually contributing to the thread i just wanted to stop by and say i like that pic
>>
>>78217945
If you say that you are not proud, or that it has nothing to do with you, you're spitting in the face of your ancestors. THEY chose you.

By denying their choice, you're shamefully abdicating responsibility. This is your right. You can choose to do that. But it's not virtuous. It's selfish and short sighted.
>>
>>78216585

>What is the appeal of nationalism?

it is easier to take good care of smaller communities: your neighborhood, your city, your country (depending on the size)

that's why places like the USA, Russia, Brazil and China are natural shitholes and that's why the EU is becoming a shithole

there's no accountability when you are dealing with globalists, the same people that want to end borders are the people destroying and polluting resources in third world countries and taking advantage of authoritarian states to get slave labor

they promote immigration because they want to move the shitskins with a voice to the other side of the planet so there'll be no one smart enough back in their shitholes to question what they are doing, while simultaneously hurting the already precarious unity of white western communities so you can't even unionize anymore

you are canadian you should know this is exactly what's happening with the influx of chinese in your country
>>
While it's true that we are all human beings and are fundamentally alike, as humans we are hardwired to band together into tribes of people who share more in common than that. History, culture, artistic sensibilities, ethics, etc. You'd be foolish to question other hardwired motives: why do we fall in love, for instance, or why do we express ourselves creatively? So why question this?

Anyway, these shared similarities are what makes a nation unique. What sets it apart from other nations (in an abstract sense). The details. Each nation brings something new to humanity as a whole simply by standing out from the others.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your nation's quirks, and there's certainly nothing wrong with wanting to protect and strengthen your homeland. This is because conflict is inevitable, indeed it is a necessity. Conflict is what allows people, individuals and groups, to test themselves, find themselves, and develop their weaknesses. Conflict is as much a part of being alive as eating and shitting. So now you see why nationalism is so popular. When you've got a tribe coming to raid your village, you're not gonna survive 10 minutes if everyone is acting as individuals.
>>
Pride in nation is being entrusted with that nation from your forebears with the understanding that you pass it down to your descendants
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.