[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buddhism is the ultimate redpill. Giving up attachments to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 50071.jpg (221 KB, 380x500) Image search: [Google]
50071.jpg
221 KB, 380x500
Buddhism is the ultimate redpill. Giving up attachments to the ego and everything else is the only way to make peace with the present reality. All problems are rooted in the ego, just let go and embrace the tides to destroy fear and illusion
>>
>>78200634
FPBP
>>
>>78200634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_HkQ4-x4P4
>>
You can't defend the white race AND escape the wheel of samsara.
>>
>>78200828
We must let go.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USC5MJVZLy8

Ajahn Brahm is pretty based, he's funny and down to earth. Also a Brit living in Australia
>>
>>78200984
He's a cool fellow
>>
>>78200634
Buddhism is essentially enlightened nihilism
>>
I basically achieved ego suppression through repeated acid trips. It helped me see things much more clearly, and rid myself of harmful thought patterns. However, it isn't really possible to succeed in society without a strong ego. Just as a sick ego is the root of suffering, a strong, healthy ego is the root of confidence and a robust social identity.
>>
>>78201911
Nihilism stems from a western christian mindset
>>
>>78202416
That's why I said enlightened
>>
>>78202328
can i get the same effect without acid? say, DMT? i heard you could. or perhaps psilocybin
i've never done hard drugs before, and i want enlightenment, but i don't want a bad trip either
>>
>>78200634

Buddhism:

>Acts of violence strictly forbidden, must not kill anything, not even insects
>Acts of self harm and violence: self immolation somehow isn't violent and totally a normal form of protest

Yea, I'll pass.
>>
>>78202328
But why even desire to "succeed in society"?
>>
File: 137676290663.jpg (31 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
137676290663.jpg
31 KB, 600x450
>>78202623
>seeks enlightenment
>expects to find it externally

try again, pal
>>
ok
>>
>>78202623
any psychedelic should essentially do the same thing. You don't just get enlightenment though. An introspective trip basically forces you to consider things you've been suppressing or haven't even considered before. All of the defense mechanisms your ego has built up to shield itself from criticism just disappear.
>>
>>78202769
Except there's a bunch that don't follow that whole "don't harm or kill" bit. See: Burma

Then again they're fighting against Muslims so I guess you can't blame them
>>
>>78202914
Scientifically, enlightenment and wisdom are just the ability to connect otherwise distant experiences and fields of thought. Acid works physiologically by facilitating a more entropic pattern of brain activity. It is the closest thing you can get to wisdom in a pill. Of course you still have to guide your trip in an appropriate direction.
>>
>>78200634
Pesonally I like Hindu cosmology better. The whole worldview is pretty amazing tbqh
>>
>>78203254
Do any eastern spiritual teachers advocate using drugs to get enlightenment? Not b8
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.