[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are less people working?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10
File: 25-54.png (56 KB, 823x601) Image search: [Google]
25-54.png
56 KB, 823x601
Why are less people working?
>>
>>78126239

Autism is magically more prevelant now therefore people can't work because of "muh mental illness"
>>
>>78126239
welfare
>>
globalism sending jobs overseas
>>
>>78126239
Please show the graph with y axis 0 to 100% you misprojecting vietnam piece of shit
>>
>>78126239
why even bother, somebody is just waiting to insult me or mock my position in life, no matter what i do.
>>
>>78126294

No one wants to hire autists, nor can they hold down a job once management and coworkers realize they have the personality of a tree stump.
>>
>>78126239
What's the point? Life is literally pointless.
>>
File: 1466441449675.jpg (68 KB, 526x400) Image search: [Google]
1466441449675.jpg
68 KB, 526x400
manual labor is for cucks
>>
Less incentive to work thanks to people who can live off welfare without working.
Also parents are taking care of their full grown kids well past their twenties, which leaves them to mooch of their parents and never work.
There's also the facts that we send most of our jobs over seas for cheap labor and its killing us.
>>
There are barely any jobs capitalism is literally collapsing.
>>
>>78126459

y axis is clearly labeled you fucking faggot
>>
Work is boring, same place same people every day.
Who but a fool wants that?
>>
>>78126782
As in make the y-axis NOT from 87-98%, but 0-100% you literal autist. The graph is misleading (it shows a decrease, but not at such a steep slope).
>>
Immigration and globalization, diversity policies and identarian politics, low expectations coupled with high standards, massive taxation.

Never forget, no one except people who think hip hop and punk rock are high forms of art actually want to be unemployed.
>>
File: asdf.png (13 KB, 570x384) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
13 KB, 570x384
>>78126782
like so
>>
>>78127291

But then it's hard to see the relative change which is why it's zoomed in to begin with you cock gobbler.
>>
>>78126239
Its mostly because the economy is shit. Welfare state also convinces people not to work, worsening the problem. When all the jobs are fucking mcdonald's tier, its no wonder there are so many NEETs. Tariffs, lowering income tax, and reducing government spending would help, but that will never happen.
>>
>>78126387
This.
We sold our soul to the devil.
Our soul being our completely our self-sufficient and from bottom to top solid economy.
Fuck you Reagan.
>>
>>78126239

Harder to get a job
>>
>>78126239

I would say that a large portion of the population that is now 22-30 is having a hard time finding jobs because of immigration, think about it, you have masses of people basically undercutting the native population, big business hires the immigrants because they are cheaper and work harder (because they are desperate) and it makes them look better in turn, even when they are not loyal to the company just the money, meanwhile lots of the population want jobs but cannot find any and know their rights to work so they will refuse to work for under minimum wage because its illegal without written consent, so then everyone gets thrown in the pile of NEETs who have potential and most of which want jobs, but simply cannot compete with cheap labour.
>>
They realized the failure of wagecuckery
>>
>>78126239
I'm 27 and went back to school because nobody was hiring in the oil industry after I graduated with my chemical engineering degree. Fuck working in manufacturing.
>>
>>78126239

the machine stops

http://pol.foundation
>>
>>78127450
No, its zoomed in to accentuate his point.
Anybody who isn't blind can see it drops, but having such a zoomed in photograph is visually misleading.
>>
>>78126239
Cause EBT is free. Weed will be legal everywhere. They're building more Taco Bells. And college will be free eventually.

Forever manchild.
>>
>>78128225

I'd say this and fucking women in human resources. Mate letting these whores in has crushed the work force, you can't get a job without filling out vague badly worded selection criteria and having 17 references and 400 years experience for an entry level position. It's complete bullshit these harpies are just given jobs to make it harder for other people to get jobs because they're so incompetent they can't do anything other than HR and recruiting and a simple recruitment process would leave them without paperwork to go through everyday while they browse facebook.
>>
race war now
>>
File: lovely-ice-cream-cake-for-Isis.jpg (111 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
lovely-ice-cream-cake-for-Isis.jpg
111 KB, 500x500
>>78126239
Death by a thousand small cuts is the real answer thanks to Obama, big government and ourselves, but in terms of people not finding jobs I would say it has a lot to do with investment capital running out do to heavy taxation and zero percent interest rates. Without savers, whether it's your weird uncle with a million dollars under his bed, or grandma down the street, without those funds making it to local businesses you will continue to watch small businesses suffer. I know for a fact most older people would rather give their dying money to the local library rather than a local start up company because in their minds those businesses can get money from the banks if they need badly , but the truth is they can't! We are so beyond fucked I wouldn't be surprised if people start eating people in the next ten years. Outside of ww3 without nukes going off I see no future for any country around the globe.
>>
>>78129243
>and 400 years experience for an entry level position
this shit infuriated me even with an internship they were asking for 2 fucking years of experience in whatever field i was looking at which is retarded since it's entry level i haven't fucking been in that field yet.
>>
>>78126239
Less white people in the country.
>>
File: 1438230451867.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
1438230451867.png
1 MB, 1019x881
>>78126239
because the recession of the 90's never really ended. Technology has become the norm for business to increase capital while also cutting costs. So now there are more machines doing the work men used to do, resulting in greater unemployment numbers among the listed demographic. Pretty soon there will only be the Employed Elite, while everyone else will be part of the Unemployed majority.
>>
>>78129243
Well that's because of the CEOs and their bullshit metrics. I can't tell you how many meetings I have sat thru where the CEO or president made a "tactical" decision to address a problem when there was already a guideline for it. The market place is so competitive if you lose just one customer or contract your out of business or if your the CEO you lose your company perks. Micro management use to be the best of thing but now it's nano management!
>>
>>78129734

It's fucking impossible, I've applied for over 200 jobs in the past 6 months. Only 1 got back to me and it was working with criminal abo teenagers in goverment housing. Heard from someone working in the same field to never work with them as they'll lie to the police about you raping, molesting them and essentially end your career if you don't let them fuck eachother and do drugs.

It's fucked cunt, it's the same in every western country too
>>
>>78127291

irrelevant. do you realize that even a one percent dip in labor participation means literally 2-3 million people not working?
>>
>>78126239
>>78129790
>less
Please learn English before posting on /pol/ thanks
>>
>>78126239
post the one for females, its literally the exact opposite trend.

men are working less because they don't have to support women anymore.
>>
>>78126239

>Fewer
>>
>>78126239
Technology automating away jobs
Regulations making it too difficult for small business to prosper and hire people
Regulations making it too difficult for businesses to expand in general
Globalization making it uncompetitive to hire people in the U.S.
Ultra-specialized skilled labor making it too difficult to reallocate labor resources to fulfill new needs
Retraining costs paid by the workers themselves with no tax benefits, further hindering re-training
Stigma against career changes
Age discrimination
Easier to get disability benefits when not actually disabled
Fewer whites
Etc
>>
>>78130133

>Technology automating away jobs

Nice meme.

Would the world function better if we just had hunters and gatherers and the rest of us fucked about finger-painting on cave walls?
>>
>>78126239
Most people whether they know it or not want to serve something.
A multicultural degenerate society with no cohesion is not worth serving, so they wind up drinking on benefits.
>>
>>78126239
If I were a betting man I would say:

more young people going to college
older people not retiring as quickly/bad retirement prospects
generally shittier economy
outsourcing
job security going to shit
etc
>>
>>78129892
>>78129892
There was an analyst that said that same thing in regards to identifying if a country had slowed down based on private infrastructure design and remodeling. The theory went something like this, if the country had slowed down economically the infrastructure would be stuck in the time period of when it happened. For America we we're stuck in the dot com bubble area or somewhere around the early 2000s, japan the late eighties, Shanghai 2014ish. You get the idea, but yea I believe you are right on your point.
>>
>>78130277
So when the only thing left is PhD-level AI or being someone's maid, what will you work on?
>>
>>78130075
This desu. 1960 is when second-wave feminism started, most likely more women started choosing professional career over being housewifes.
>>
File: 1440465980448.jpg (105 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
1440465980448.jpg
105 KB, 700x500
>>78130614
It somehow starts to make sense why the jews are pushing this welfare state idea, because in a few decades less than 30% of the population will actually be able to get jobs.
>>
>>78130742
Sure. They want to be the ones running the system. They've always liked being the commisar. Read Player Piano.
>>
>>78126239

More niggers probably, this is just the US.
>>
>>78126239
I heard on NPR radio today (san bernardino county)

that prime aged males 25-55 are giving up looking for work because of not just unemployment but, a labor cap. and that it peaked in the 50's.

Then they moved on to an anti Trump piece.
>>
>>78126239
When people are unemployed for longer and longer periods of time, they are more likely to give up the search for a job.

Real unemployment has been growing in the West for the last 4 decades and it's by far the biggest waste in our economies.
>>
>>78130826
Except that we both know that the majority of engineers, researchers and good artists always were and always will be white men. So yeah the dumb scum might not realize it now, but in few years they will lose all their political power to the intelligent/creative caste.
>>
>>78130619
Developing software for said technology? Designing new tech? You realise that even only 100 years ago the vast majority of jobs were in manual labour? Now it's a fraction of this. Have we run out of work? No the world's population is bigger than it has ever been, people live longer than they ever have, people's lives are better than they've ever been. Who knows maybe in 50 years time 99% of jobs will be in technology. You're assumption seems to be based on the flawed idea that there is only a finite amount of work humans can do.
>>
>>78130028
Oh really? A dip in 1% of male participation in the year 1950 (where total US population was 152 milllion) is equivalent to a dip in 1% of male participation in the ((THE CURRENT YEAR)) whose population is 320 million?

Really, 1.5 = 3.2, huh makes you think

Also, it takes something like 8 years for a 1% drop, and given the continuouslly increasing poplation stat of the country and the 8 year spread of (lets say) 2.5m lost participants, its not as gloom and doom as the original graph makes out to be you fucking faggot
>>
>>78131186
I imagine the jobs will indeed shift to the technological area or the entertainment area. But there's a large percentage of people who are simply inapt for such kinds of intellectual work.
>>
>>78126239
robots, welfare and greed
>>
>>78126459
>he can only count from zero

lol. When you use a ruler, do you have trouble unless you start at 0? dumbass
>>
>>78126239
In demographic over this time range, they will be undertaking higher education.
>>
File: work.jpg (2 MB, 1413x3202) Image search: [Google]
work.jpg
2 MB, 1413x3202
>>78126239
>Why are less people working?

It's not worth it anymore.
>>
>>78131610
>robots
Did mmurika finally replace all burger flippers? i'm assuming that makes about 20% of jobs
>>
File: 2015-debates.jpg (113 KB, 890x586) Image search: [Google]
2015-debates.jpg
113 KB, 890x586
>>78126239
This is liberalism + welfare.
I never see these charts for Europe. I wonder if they're the same?
>>
>>78126239
>fewer
>>
>>78126239

Define "working." Because, "generating income" is not the same thing as sucking someone else's dick for a few shekels while they become multimillionaires.

I barely leave my (fully paid off) house, nobody "employs" me. But I happily make bank and live quite well. Building retirement accounts and full medical (Thank you, Obamacare. My insurance is $280/month now; four years ago it was $1200/month).
>>
File: less.png (442 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
less.png
442 KB, 1200x1200
>>78134364

Less is OK.
>>
File: Stephen-Dillane-012.jpg (26 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Stephen-Dillane-012.jpg
26 KB, 460x276
>>78134364
>>
>>78126539
this.
>>
>>78138550
that
>>
>>78126239
Robots
>>
>>78126471
Does that not say more about them than it says about you?
>>
>>78130028
Or 2-3 million retiring you stupid fuck.
>>
A combination of a society where everyone wants to be a rebel and a state where people get money for literally doing nothing.
>>
>>78126239
Because everyone is afraid to go outside because we live in a civilization that has become insane.
>>
>>78126239
The economy has been in stasis since 07/08 and nobody gives a shit until it's too late. It's been too late for like 4 years and nobody cares yet. the public really has no real metrics being fed to them to show them how afraid they should be but whatever.
>>
Neetbux gives incentive to live the neet life.
>>
>>78129734

Nah nigga. You're the retard. They're hoping for someone with years of experience, but if that job opening is still available that means they haven't found that person and still want to hire someone. 2 years is nothing.

Apply to all jobs whose description matches your skill-set, regardless of their desires as it relates to experience.

You have done the HR person's job for them by not applying.
>>
Corporate Overlord outsourcing and offshoring more and more jobs. Some people even got the opportunity to go to India and train their replacements. The jobs they can't outsource they simply lobby for more H1-B1s so they can import brown people from some shithole who will work for curryrice. Google, Facebook, Apple--all conspired together to suppress the wages of these "jobs of the future" by flooding them with low-wage H1-B1s. Nobody can find work, and if they DO find work then their wages have been driven down so the executive elites can pillage moar bonuses.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.