[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1970s
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: wwwings.jpg (263 KB, 701x1000) Image search: [Google]
wwwings.jpg
263 KB, 701x1000
What was it like to be a white male in the 1970s?
>>
>>78121177
Breddy shit since you have to deal with the Carter administration.
>>
The beginning of the end in your picture, OP.
>>
File: IMG_4922.jpg (55 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4922.jpg
55 KB, 960x960
>>78121177
My dad (born in '60) said it was pretty fun. You could buy gas for cheap, houses were incredibly cheap, and you could get a job right out of highschool. He was a bit of a nerd though, but he was really big into weightlifting and swimming throughout his life.
I'm 6'3", and 230. I played football for 8 years, and while I made some great buds on the team, my school didn't really idolize us. Dad said if I was born when he was I would've had the best time in life. it makes me sad to think about what could've been.
>>
>>78121461

sup regina
>>
>>78121570
Oh hey, another Regina-ian? I don't know what we call ourselves.
>>
>>78121793

I have no idea, moved here for work a few months back because alberta is falling apart
>>
>>78122020
Oh really? A rigger, eh? Whereabouts you from in Alberta?
>>
>>78122020
>>78122069
Just fuck already geez
>>
>>78122734
Free helicopter ride
>>
As a youngster you'd go to school. When you grew up you'd find a job so you wouldn't starve and be able to buy cheap distractions occasionally.

Not fundamentally different from today. Or from a hundred years ago. Or two hundred.
>>
>>78121177

imagine enough feminism to make women sluts but not enough to make them hate men or cry about misogyny.

If you got pulled over while drinking and driving, a cop would take your beer and tell you to go home.

AIDS didn't exist yet.
>>
>>78122734
Lol I wish, it's been a while since I've gotten some.
>>
File: hrzHH.jpg (14 KB, 457x272) Image search: [Google]
hrzHH.jpg
14 KB, 457x272
>>78121461
Cool story bro
>>
File: mengo.jpg (104 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mengo.jpg
104 KB, 1920x1080
>>78123074

I was just listening to that famous "In the Summertime" song.

Lyrics included:
>Have a drink, have a drive, go out and see what you can find

>If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal. If her daddy's poor just do what you feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0oBPtyNb0
>>
File: IMG_4901.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4901.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>78123294
Holy shit
>If her daddy's rich take her out for a meal. If her daddy's poor just do what you feel.
Too funny
>>
dad ended up buying a puke yellow Toyota Corolla to get thru the Jimmy Carter years. it was a decent car, tho.

i had a vegan teacher and his hippy wife teacher in 4th grade, but everyone thought they were weird.

we still had Halloween with real Trick or Treating back then.

kids were free-range, and parents liked it that way.
>>
It was like being a German in 1941

Everything's great, and you're on top of the world, and yet somehow there's this underlying sense of unease, like something is about to go terribly wrong
>>
Considering like 95% of the population was still white Europeans it was based to be multigenerational Aussie. First genners had identity issues but managed to fit in, immigrants did their thing and it either worked or didn't but the common white person was still afraid of them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.