[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trump just backpedaled from the comments he made over the weekend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: 1029384756.jpg (36 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
1029384756.jpg
36 KB, 529x352
Trump just backpedaled from the comments he made over the weekend suggesting that more people carrying guns in the Orlando nightclub could have shortened the shooting.

Does /pol/ perceive this as a display of cuckery, or a crafty political move?
>>
wow trump changed positions on something?????? unexpected
>>
File: 1466131372465.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1466131372465.png
247 KB, 432x313
>>78119319
Give proofs.
>>
File: 11992038456.png (47 KB, 626x324) Image search: [Google]
11992038456.png
47 KB, 626x324
>>78119405
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/744838252369043456
>>
>>78119587
Also, his original quote says nothing about guards, employees, security, etc.
>>
>>78119855
Trump's original comment here:

“It’s too bad that some of the young people that were killed over the weekend didn’t have guns, you know, attached to their hips, frankly, and you know where bullets could have flown in the opposite direction,” Trump said. “It would have been a much different deal. I mean, it sounded like there were no guns. They had a security guard. Other than that there were no guns in the room. Had people been able to fire back, it would have been a much different outcome.”
>>
>>78119587
just stating the obvious

like how CNN spent a day talking about "racial profiling" when Trump only mentioned MUSLIMS

they always put words in his mouth
>>
>>78119587
kek its so easy to tell the difference between a Trump tweet & a Kushner tweet
Thats Jared Kushner 100%
>>
>>78119319
>donald trump at 1am eastern time just back peddled on his gun stance
>source: my prostate
>>
>>78119319
>>78119587
but did his original post say he wanted the guests to carry the guns?
>>
>>78120332
>>78120532
Both the original comment and the contradiction are in the thread, anon.
>>
>>78120236
Drumpfkins will still defend him.
>>
>>78119319
lines that work at his rallies don't work in wider political discourse

he wouldn't get applause from his rally crowd for saying "more security guards should have guns!!!!", but he gets it when he makes people think of 'Murrica Wild West style where everybody's a potential sheriff. Then while talking to the media he can say whatever he wants and claim it was obvious he meant the other thing

Trumps principle is to get out the largest possible reaction at the moment he talks. Thats why he has infected every brain in the US. Who the hell knows what he really knows
>>
>>78120723
*what he really WANTS.
>>
>>78120236
he never said he meant the general admitted. Anyone who's not an autistic loser can figure out he meant security guards without having ti be spoonfed

>>
>>78119319

Trump blew it. He's lost the message and any momentum he had.

Playing nice is a good way to lose
>>
>>78120915
He did. I'll spoon-feed you the quote, even though it's clearly in the thread. "It’s too bad that some of the young people that were killed over the weekend didn’t have guns, you know, attached to their hips"

>>
File: 1029384756.jpg (51 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1029384756.jpg
51 KB, 1024x768
I never understood whenever people ask for source then have no response for it. It's like pretending you want a debate then slyly avoiding it. Good evening, gents.
>>
>wanting drunk people in a crowded place to carry loaded firearms.

When will you dumb fucks understand that that's not a good idea.

>But what if a shooter comes in

What if an anvil falls on your head when You step out of the house? Will you always wear a helmet then?
What if you fall into a body of water unexpectedly? Will you wear a life jacket all the time just in case?

Shit happens. Sometimes you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.And there's nothing you can do. You're not John Wayne , you're not Rambo. Chances are you'll kill someone else when the shit hits the fan and everyone is running and shoving each other. Then you'll get shot because you made yourself a priority target to the shooter.

Id be more scared of the drunk dudebro or hick carrying a handgun at the club than the miniscule probability of someone coming in guns blazing.
>>
>>78119369
The first reply in this thread is arguably the best reply in this thread.
>>
>>78120236
I always wondered what would happen if:

>area is dense with bystanders and passersby
>a wild shooter appears and starts shooting at the crowd
>a random bystander draws his firearm and returns fire
>a random bystander mistakes the defender for the original attacker and fires at the defender
>other people continue to do this until Mexican standoff

I'm not being anti-gun but the thing is that when only one person has a gun, it's easy to tell who the bad guy is, it's the guy with the gun. If everyone is strapped, and the area is crowded, and you hear shots going off, and bodies are hitting the floor, and you look around and ten other people have guns drawn, how do you know who to shoot?
>>
File: 989495564.png (368 KB, 437x374) Image search: [Google]
989495564.png
368 KB, 437x374
>>78121059
>armed guards and employees can't be young people
Wow, how ageist of you.
>>
File: ohreallyok.jpg (34 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
ohreallyok.jpg
34 KB, 640x960
>>78123092
>Mexican standoff
>>
>>78122482
>>78123092
Even the leadership of the NRA is unanimous that there shouldn't be guns where people are drinking, much less crowded areas where it's fucking dark. Yet there are still extremist goons who will try to justify it.

>>78123299
Here's the second part of the quote for more context:

"They had a security guard. Other than that there were no guns in the room. Had people been able to fire back, it would have been a much different outcome."

Wow, how autist of you.
>>
>>78120712
>>78120964
And you'll still shill against him

Funny how hillary's response was that we should let in more muslims because otherwise their feelings would be hurt
>>
>>78123092
In the confusiom and high adrenaline you wouldn't stop to see of the guy with the gun is good or bad. You would just shoot. You'd have to hope fir the best.

More guns just means more death. Gun nuts think they're in an action movie and just because they're carrying a gun they will be able to handle the issue at hand.

Bit tge fact is that there's hundreds of factors that come into play when shit like Orlando happenes.

There's hundreds of panicked people running and pushing each other around.

You may not be able to see the shooter right away.

Like you said maybe the guy you're pointing your gun at is just another "good guy" with a gun trying to do the sa.e thing as you, but you wouldn't k ow it because as far as your concerned you're the o ly good guy with a gun right?

The best way to deal with these sort of things is to duck and cover. You're not in an action movie. You will get killed if you're trying to be the hero.

>Hurr coward

I rather be alive than die because I can't bear the thought of leaving my house without my gun.
>>
>>78119319
>He had to back away from dancing+drinking and firearms. It is a suicidal position to try and defend in an election. Whether or not it is the best club policy.
>>
>>78123667
>Trump supporters having the nerve to call anyone elae a shill when there's at least one trump general 24/7 on t
/pol/.

Fuck off retard. Id call you a hypocrite but I doubt you know what that word means.
>>
I hate gun control of any sort. But anyone who thinks carrying a gun while drinking isnt a bad idea should not be allowed to carry their gun.

Owning and carrying a gun requires responsibility and foresight. Alcohol, public spaces, and libido running wild rarely mix well with guns. That shit is for the hunting grounds out in the middle of no where.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.