[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Affirmative action
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1463525047554.jpg (34 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1463525047554.jpg
34 KB, 540x540
Recently started working a federal job in a science field. One of the interns is completely incompetent, lied in interview, chronically late, horribly out if shape, and isn't even getting a degree in a science field. She is however, a black female Muslim, basically the trifecta of diversity. Since I'm new and a white male, I'm trying not to get to involved, but damn is it hilarious to watch my superiors struggle with their own racist thoughts and their obsession with diversity/white guilt.

How do we feel about affirmative action? Or any questions/memes. I can't discuss this with my coworkers
>>
document her tardiness, any lies about qualifications, etc.

when she gets fired and lawyers ups, you'll have nothing to worry about
>>
>>78109909
It's obviously completely discriminatory, which makes it iffy, philosophically, at the very least. If it worked, though, I'd be all for it -- if it actually lifted minorities out of the quagmire of ignorance & poverty that most of them are stuck in. Most of the folks on here would probably still go REEEE at it, but that's because they're shortsighted. An educated, law-abiding middle-class minority populace would be vastly better for society.

It's all moot, though, because it really doesn't seem to be working, like, at all. So fuck it.
>>
>>78109909

this is why a living wage is a good idea
no more niggers at work
>>
A lot of it is pretty comical. She's actually from Africa, but can't distinguish between a frog and a newt after eight days. The fact that she can't swim and refuses to drink water purified with iodide are just straight up safety issues-for her. My advisor did inform me that it's part of African culture to be chronically late, which made me laugh. I guess CP time is universal for them
>>
>>78111263
>My advisor did inform me that it's part of African culture to be chronically late

topkek

Is it a paid internship? What's this dunce making for fucking the dog all day?
>>
>>78111912
It's paid a stipend, I'm not sure how much. I'm frustrated because it's literally the best opportunity I've ever had (I'm an hourly employee) and I know there was at least 1000 other applicants who could've done a better job....but we're probably white
>>
It's bullshit. In Canada we have the same thing except it's called employment equity. I've filled out multiple online applications that have explicitly asked me for my gender, my race, whether I'm disabled, etc. I wonder if answering as a straight white male has hindered me.
>>
>>78112645
of course it has, nong. not only are white males discriminated against, but standards have been made so low to incorporate non-whites and women it is ridiculous.
>>
>>78112645
>I've filled out multiple online applications that have explicitly asked me for my gender, my race, whether I'm disabled, etc.

In NZ employers can't legally ask about any of that (or age, religion etc.). Plenty do anyway, but they're not supposed to. The correct response is to say you'll answer after they explain how any of that is related to the role they're offering.
>>
>>78112645
I'm a black guy that just graduated with a degree in Biology where the jobs at?
>>
>>78113314
Somewhere where biology actually exists. Not on the frozen hellscape of an iceberg you call a country.
>>
Federal government and you should be in automatically
>>
>>78113314
Biology could probably apply to some medical fields possibly, idk go work for some dictator and engineer mega aids
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.