[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
vegetarian here. i dont give a fuck if you like eating meat,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 460x307) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 460x307
vegetarian here. i dont give a fuck if you like eating meat, but the thing that bothers me to no end about you carnivores is that youre always making excuses about why its okay to eat certain animals and not others. stop with the fucking fake bullshit.

i would have a lot more respect for you if you just owned up and said "i disapprove of the mistreatment of horses, cats, and dogs, but i dont give a fuck about pigs, cows, or chickens or any of the suffering involved in their lives because i like to eat them"

fucking faggots and your stupid justifications. just admit the obvious so i can move on with my life.
>>
File: 1254545969363.png (133 KB, 339x296) Image search: [Google]
1254545969363.png
133 KB, 339x296
>>78104236
k
>>
>>78104236
If it came down to it and I was hungry enough, I would eat a dog or a cat, I have probably eaten horse already and I eat raccoons on occasion, so no issue with any cuddly critters. Though I admit I would be hesitant to eat a dog and would feel guilt.
>>
>>78104236
>veg
stopped reading
>>
DESU I think I'd starve before I ever ate a dog.

Also, probably no rodents - not that I care about them, but they disgust me.
>>
File: trashit.gif (2 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
trashit.gif
2 MB, 580x433
>>78104236
>vegetarian here
>>
>>78104652
you can throw your health into the trash if you don't become a vegetarian soon, goyim.
>>
>>78104236
wow u r so right my mind is literally opened... if u reely believe we are discriminating animals then go eat dogs u fug n i will continue to enjoy eating a chopped off cows ass an laffin @ u @ the same time ya dunce
>>
>>78104236
I will eat any meat that tastes good. unfortunately dog doesn't. but horse is delicious
>>
File: Tell me about it comrade.jpg (47 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
Tell me about it comrade.jpg
47 KB, 900x599
>>78104236
>Not hunting for your food.
Are a Anglo or Germanic? For only they are so pampered to make something so inconsequential out of nothing
>>
>>78104236
Animals are not humans and have no rights. You are free to enjoy them as pets or food. You don't have to treat a property in a non-hypocrite way. That's retarded
>>
>>78104786
>sicklyandpaleOPsuckingacock.jpg
>>
File: 1241788623.jpg (28 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1241788623.jpg
28 KB, 550x550
>>78104236
>I don't care but I care
>>
>>78104807
yea my dad ate dog meat in korea while he was in the army he told me it didnt even taste good
>>
File: 1464194112928.png (331 KB, 576x960) Image search: [Google]
1464194112928.png
331 KB, 576x960
>>78104236
>>
i disapprove of the mistreatment of horses, cats, and dogs, but i dont give a fuck about pigs, cows, or chickens or any of the suffering involved in their lives because i like to eat them
>>
File: 1450609660864.jpg (193 KB, 796x571) Image search: [Google]
1450609660864.jpg
193 KB, 796x571
B A I T T H R E A D
A I T T H R E A D
I T T H R E A D
T T H R E A D

>>78104236
shit i'm hungry
>>
>>78104236
Animals don't have rights

Animals don't think in a human way. They only engage in life on the sensory level.

Animals exist to serve humans even in death to be eaten

If you think animals have human level intelligence or should have rights you are brainwashed

Obviously I am not saying its all fine and good to mistreat your dog but you have to take this to its logical conclusion

Animal rights activists want to destroy the human race and make it impossible to survive
>>
>>78104853
>Animals are not humans and have no rights.
yeah, maybe in spain. Try killing a dog or a horse or whatever in front of the police, there are laws you know.
>>
>carnivores

You realize this is literally impossible, right? We're omnivores.

What about plant life you selfish fuck? It's okay to put animal life above plant life and say that because animals are more complex, it's okay to eat plants, but when you follow the same logic and try to put Humans above animals and say it's okay to eat them because they're less complex, you hypocritical fucks get all emotional.

Whats with people caring more for animals than their own species?
>>
>>78104236
Stop right there.

Focus all your efforts on halal and kosher slaughter practices.

You're welcome.
>>
Being vegetarian or vegan is like being a cis white male these days. Everyone will shut you down right then and there on that merit alone. Why is it so crazy to not want to eat an animal? Participating in the forced reproduction and harvest of domesticated animals in an isolated environment is pretty degenerate, desu.
>>
>>78105211
Sure, but you seem to arbitrarily draw lines.

Participating in the forced reproduction and harvest of domesticated plant life in an isolated environment is okay though, right?
>>
>>78104236
By the way in case you didnt know some animals, notably fish, don't feel pain. However plants do feel pain
>>
>>78104236
Some of them taste better than others.

>just admit the obvious so i can move on with my life
Why are you waiting for my permission to move on with your life? Get on with it if you want to so badly.
>>
Amen. I would be impressed if meat eaters could actually admit that they don't give one shit about pigs, cows or chickens lives or suffering. Or at least that they don't care enough to make any type of effort to not support and fund the abuse.

At that point I'm like, "oh, ok you don't care about animal welfare. Well I guess that's the way you are, good luck with that."
But instead they want to be little cunts who tell you how evil it is if you don't walk your dog enough, or dont have a big enough cage for your rabbit. Fuck off. Bitches be using Mac makeup that pins open rabbits eyes and poisons them in the animal testing labs.
>>
>>78104236

I would strangle my own cat and eat it if I was starving. But we have lifestock specifically bread for food atm.
>>
>>78105211
I agree, it's just not neccesary.
>>
>>78105401
Abritray. What about plants and their lives? You obviously don't give a shit about them. I bet you swat flies and step on cockroaches too.

You're just arbitrarily drawing lines based on your feelings you little cuck. We're above ALL other life. Not just plants and insects, all animals too. Killing ANY of it is OUR PRIVILEGE as Humans.
>>
>>78105114
You can't destroy someone's car i in front of the police. That doesn't give the car "rights". That's protection if anything.
>>
>>78105331
The line is unneccesary suffering of animals. A plant doesn't feel shit when you cut it, unlike a pig or a dog.
>>
>>78104236
I odnt give a fuck how that animal was treated. If Im hungry enough I will beat a dog to death and eat that bitch raw.
>>
>>78105600
>A plant doesn't feel shit
Wrong
http://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-83446,00.html
>>
>>78105064
if you think we're that far beyond animals you're pretty dumb
>>
>>78105600
>a plant doesn't feel shit when you cut it

But it does. They all do. You're just fucking ignorant to it because it doesn't have a mouth to scream. Plants feel and move too.
>>
>>78105596
???
That is not allowed because the rights of humans stretch as far as the object they ''own'', unlike animals which according to your way of thinking don't even have the right to live.
>>
>>78105688
No other lifeform is capable of the things Humans have built and the things we understand. If they were, we'd be having Human vs variousintelligentanimalshere wars. Are we? No.
>>
>>78105681
>>78105690
weak bait
>>
no need to eat meat really, you're just used to it. old habits die hard etc.

i feel better since i stopped eating meat and breastfeeding from cows
>>
>>78105688
Humans have souls, animals do not.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAMk_ZYO7g
>>
>>78105785
I'm sure that people "own" animals. And they are like a property.
>>
>>78105878
>evidence is weak bait

Nah but claiming it's weak bait is pretty good bait. Here's your (You)
>>
Having rights means that you have a responsibility to act in a certain way.

You have the right to defend yourself because you are expected to defend your life if someone is trying to kill you.

Animals have no moral code or conscience

Furthermore, if you give "rights" to animals where do you logically draw the line? You make arbitrary distinctions based on how you feel about certain animals

Compare dogs to ants. You are assigning random values to certain creatures. The only difference is that for humans…dogs are more beneficial.

Dogs or another animals do not contemplate the meaning of their lives, form governments etc

Animals do not think like humans. They are sensory creatures

Modern scientists make the mistake of anthropomorphizing animal interactions

The puppy is happy
The puppy is sad

The puppy does not understand these emotional concepts you are simply applying them to animals
>>
>>78105861

we're fighting Islam right now
>>
>>78104236
All those animals you listed are domesticated and have been molded by primitive eugenics programs for their exact modern purposes since before you earliest literate ancestor was a tingle in the balls of someone who would have drowned you in the river for being frail and a detriment to the tribe.
Fuck off.
>>
>>78105407
I'd probably kill and eat my dog if I was starving too. But I've been vegan for a while and honestly don't feel I will ever go back, there is really just no need to support factory farming.
If I'm running low on money for produce, there is still cheap pastas, rice, beans, potatoes ect. So it's not a money issue.
If I want to taste meat there are some shitty, but also some damn good brands of vegan meat. My favorite is gardien. And if i want milk with my creal or icecream there is soy milk or coconut milk or almond milk stuff. There are vegan cheeses too.

But for people who hunt their food, honestly, if you can stand the gore I do think it's a step up for factory farming if it's not done excessively. At least the animals get a chance at a decent life before dying, and at least they are not hormone and antibiotic ridden and dirty af. And it's better for carbon emissions to cut out the middle man.
>>
>>78106069
Kek that's funny, but unfortunately Humans created and are a part of Islam.
>>
>>78106038
retarded or slightly better bait, are you really implying you posted any kind of evidence? Learn some critical thinking skills.
>>
>>78105564
Veganism causes less plant deaths because most of the plants go to feed the animals people eat. It is also better for the environment and that benefits every breathing thing on the earth.
>>
Those pigs and cattle and chickens would not fucking exist if they weren't so edible. They would have been extinct long long ago. We give them life, and we are all for the ethical treatment, long lives, free range, etc.
>>
>>78106235
but dude bacon tastes good hahaha fuck all that shit xD
>>
>>78104236
Why do you only eat certain vegetables and not others? You should eat some poison ivy salad and stop being such a hypocrite.
>>
>>78104236
if it's raised to be a pet it isn't meant to be eaten. if i go somewhere where they raise dogs to be food i expect to eat dog. but they won't be cooking my dog.
>>
>>78106186
There's tons of studies on the matter. Is it really that hard to Google? Maybe your argument would be better if you posted counter evidence that supports claims that plants don't feel anything. Except those don't exist so all you're left with is denying science and evidence that they do feel.

>inb4 burden of proof

You were already linked to some. Dispute it with facts or fuck offf.
>>
>>78106235
Too bad we're forever omnivores and require meat to survive.
>>
>>78105564
Also, at least you can admit you feel it is "our privilege" to do anything to any animal that we want to.
Just don't be one of those idiots telling anyone else how to treat any animal ever. Not their pets or anything. If you condemn any animal abuse you are a hypocrite since you give humans that right.
>>
>>78104236
I really don't give a fuck what animal it is. As long as it's safe and it tastes good I don't car if it's cat, horse, or gecko.
>>
OP is technically correct, which is why it makes the shitposters here so mad.
>>
>>78106048
>The puppy does not understand these emotional concepts you are simply applying them to animals
Yes but would you not agree your dog can be in a shitload of pain? And would you not want to prevent this? Ofcourse the lines are somewhat arbitrary but a logical way of drawing lines would be based on intellegence, humans are capable of a lot more suffering then an ant or a dog, but that doesn't mean the dog can suffer aswell.
>>
>>78106516
There's this thing called responsibility. Just because you have the right or ability to do something, especially something horrible, doesn't mean you should do it. In fact, it means you need to be responsible and reserve your power for important things and not abuse it.

I can condemn animal abuse because it's not the right thing to do, despite us being well within our rights to do it.

You cuck.
>>
>>78104236
After the while the animals coming into the meatworks on the trucks reminded of jews rolling into the concentration camps aboard trains. It is amazing how humans and animals have the same expressions in the moments leading up to their slaughter. I tell you what, there more than a few people i would like to hang in an refrigerator, gut, skin, quarter and bone up!

I also like leaving work looking like a i just survived the Battle of Cannae.
>>
>>78106509
>require meat to survive
citation needed
>>
>>78106433
Ok, so retarded it is.
https://www.quora.com/Do-plants-feel-pain
first result, can't be arsed to look further. And whether you like it or not, burden of proof is indeed on your shoulders.
>>
>>78104236
i agree OP, i would kill all the animals equally
>>
>>7810680
t. All of human history and biology
>>
>>78104236
I'm making excuses because you demand them instead of letting me eat in peace.
>>
>>78104236
This pasta is stale
>>
>>78104236
i dont give a fuck what it is as long as its not poisonous . i would eat people if they sold human meat at the grocery store and it had to pass fda inspections
>>
>>78106591
well they sense pain so yes

and i do want to prevent this because dogs are awesome

just understand that we are arbitrarily picking and choosing who we like and who we want to protect

these rights we give animals are arbitrary and should not apply to the entire animal kingdom

we just do it because we are nice
>>
>>78106717
It's not the right thing to fucking treat the animals in factory farms the way they are treated.

http://youtu.be/jhBWDzkqEPY

Go take the responsibility to do it right and at the very least hunt them ethically.
You are a fucking coward of a man, if you are going to bitch about someone kicking a puppy and you fund and support the heinous torture of millions of animals. You are worse than the dog kicker, why pretend you aren't. Because you pay someone else to abuse animals? Coward.
>>
>>78106825
>Their electrochemical processes that alert the whole organism to physical distress aren't *real* pain.
Wow how bigoted of you.
>>
>http://michaelbluejay.com/veg/natural.html

worth a look - shows how we are biologically / physiologically geared toward plant consumption
>>
>>78106825
http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-09/new-research-plant-intelligence-may-forever-change-how-you-think-about-plants

>organisms need brains to experience sensory phenomenon
>despite the fact there are already brainless organisms which do experience many senses
>>
>>78107114
The point of all this, is to stop exploitation of beings which have the right to live, and you keep saying ''arbitrary'' but its really not that arbitrary the point is to minimize suffering of animals which whe know are capable of it, which include dogs and cats, but also all the animals you eat....
>>
>>78104236
Humans are omnivores
>>
>>78107154
Puppies have not been bred for thousands of years to be food stock.

I
>>
>>78107459

the have the right to live if they can fight for it. mother nature is far harsher than humanity is
>>
>>78107488
humans can eat cardboard and drink bleach if we wanted to. doesn't mean we should.

see >>78107351
we're not really omnivores
>>
>>78107459
>the right to live
There's no such thing. All life is a struggle.

THIS
IS
NECESSARY

LIFE FEEDS ON LIFE
FEEDS ON LIFE
FEEDS ON LIFE

THIS
IS
NECESSARY
>>
>>78107369
>reacting to the world is the same as being able to suffer.

Yeah my phone suffered alot when I dropped it the other day. Because you know it can sense my fingers when I touch the screen, so it must be able feel pain aswell.
>>
>>78107154
You'd be less judgmental if you had some nice bacon.
>>
File: I-Am-A-Fat-Vegan[1].jpg (332 KB, 1200x628) Image search: [Google]
I-Am-A-Fat-Vegan[1].jpg
332 KB, 1200x628
Cuck here. I spend all my time bitching about how you eat meat, but the thing that bothers me to no end about you regular human beings is that you're always having fun and getting laid. Stop reminding me of how much of a cuck I am.

Please give me attention. No one is paying attention to me. Why do you guys hate me so much?

Cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck! Here a cuck, there a cuck, eveywhere a cuck, cuck. Cuck-a-doodle-doo!
>>
omnivore here. i dont give a fuck if you like eating activated almonds, but the thing that bothers me to no end about you vegetarians is that you're always making excuses about why its okay for humans to suffer but not animals.

i would have a lot more respect for you if you just owned up and said "i disapprove of the mistreatment of horses, cats, and dogs, pigs, cows, or chickens or any of the suffering involved in their lives but fuck humans because i'm desensitized to human suffering"

fucking faggots and your stupid justifications. just admit the obvious so i can move on with my life.
>>
>>78104236

I generally only eat farmed animals or wild game, because they're safe to eat.

But besides that, if I'm hungry enough, I'll eat anything except a human or maybe a great ape.
>>
>>78107459
Look at it this way:
What if plants feel pain too?

If they feel pain
>reduce the suffering by exploiting and farming them less
>the plants grown go to feeding people not billions of animals forcibly bred to eat.

They don't feel pain
>irrelevant. We don't have to worry about it

Eating meat is uses up more plant food (to feed and raise your food) than just eating the plants. Look it up. Vegans and vegetarians do NOT cause more plant deaths than meat eaters.
>>
>>78107459
Yeah but where does it logically end the "suffering of animals"

Why do you value a dog over an entire colony of ants?

Its arbitrary and based on emotions

Animals do not deserve rights and if we gave every animal the right to live

NOTHING in the world could be built because you would be trampling over a colony or a nest or whatever

Can we reduce the suffering of animals we care about? Yes. Should we? In some cases. In what cases? In cases where humans really like the animal. (Domesticated animals)

If we can eliminate practices that cut down on the suffering of an animal before it is being killed for food…should we do it. Yes as much as possible.

What if we cannot or it is impractical to do so…well it doesn't actually matter

The point is animals don't matter aside from what they give to humans.

We decide their value because we are humans. We have souls. We have intelligence…they do not.

People who put animals or plants on the same level as humans are incredibly dumb.
>>
>>78104236

All humans are omnivores because we can digest meat and veggies. The word you're looking for is "Carnitarian."

I don't have any special diet preferences, but I approve of the eating of all non-human animals. Under the right circumstances (ie: imminent starvation,) I would probably eat a person as well. Ergo, what the fuck are you talking about, veggiefag? Gb2 Veggietales and learn proper grammar.
>>
>>78107809
one of the reasons for vegetarianism/veganism is that animal agriculture is massively damaging for the planet... which affects all humans.

also many veggies feel the plants grown to feed thousands of huge 500kg cows would be better used to feed starving countries
>>
>>78104236
Cows and chickens are dumb animals, they have the mental capacity of a rock
Dogs and horses are smart animals capable of thinking and having the mental capacity of a small child

Also, cows are delicious
>>
>>78104236
Humans evolved to cooperate with dogs, which means no, don't eat it
Horses are useful to Humans, so no, don't eat it
Pigs, cows, and chickens are natural prey for Humans

Ever noticed how some animals don't eat Humans but eat everything else?
Because it's not their natural prey.
>>
>>78108007
we could eat inspects too that would be even more efficient or are their lives not worth killing?
>>
>>78108248
yeah it's true, eating insects would be better for the environment. many places around the world already eat insects and have done for thousands and thousands of years. what's your point though?
>>
Be a good goy and drink that soy
>>
Pescetarian reporting in.

I eat fish because fish eat other fish. I don't eat animals that don't eat any other.
>>
>>78104236
Some animals have been artificially selected for consumption and others have not.

>dogs
Eating other carnivores is a dumb idea. Also too useful to eat unless no other options. Can you eat them? Yes.

>horses
Certain cultures already eat horses, but in the west they were always used for transportation first and were a status symbol. Can you eat horses? Of course.

>cats
Scavengers and riddled with parasites. I would not own a cat. Let alone eat it.

>rodents
See above.

If tomorrow everyone became vegans, the population of all species used as livestock would fall dramatically in the next century. Eventually, they'd go extinct or be rendered feral scavengers on the periphery of garbage dumps and slums.

Cows, pigs, sheep, horses, dogs etc occupy a unique niche in the ecosystem. To stop using them is to destroy their niche.
>>
>>78107911
>People who put animals or plants on the same level as humans are incredibly dumb.
I'm not doing this, as you can read in my previous post. I agree with this statement btw.

>Animals do not deserve rights and if we gave every animal the right to live

>NOTHING in the world could be built because you would be trampling over a colony or a nest or whatever

I also agree with the point that giving animals rights should not interfere with the succes of the human species. Take transportation, every day alot of people and animals die becouse of us driving cars. This is a neccesary lose and I don't mind it. However the consumption of animals for dietery reasons is not neccesary, because there are plenty of alternatives.
>inb4 but it tastes so good.
then you're just weak willed.
>>
>>78108248
They're not worth it eating except in desperate situations.
Or tarantula. Tarantula is tasty and has enough meat to justify harvesting.
Not an insect, I know, but I'm assuming you're just talking about non-oceanic arthropods in general.
>>
>>78107809
Is anyone on /pol/ really sensitive to humans suffering and feelings though? Us vegans are in the same boat as most of /pol/.
>1 I am very much convinced that most people are getting sheparded and cucked into some degenerate way of life
>2 I want you to see it
>3 I forgot that once upon a time I didn't think this way and forget to be understanding to other
>4 I'm an edgy faggot
>>
>>78107670
>comparing inanimate objects to life

I'm comparing living life forms to other living life forms.
>>
>>78108526
>Certain cultures already eat horses, but in the west they were always used for transportation first and were a status symbol. Can you eat horses? Of course.

many parts of europe eat horse regularly... particularly france and northern italy
>>
>>78108382
so their suffering is tolerable? what is the level of consciousness where you draw the line?
>>
Toppa da foo chain mudda fukka
>>
>>78108637
>missing the point.
Did you even read the article?
>>
>>78108632
yes I am

I'm an INFJ pacifist
>>
>>78104236
fucking sick of these "vegetarian here" posts.. we need a simillar rule to TITS OR GTFO
>>
>>78104236
I like to eat animals because I am the fucking dominant species, i dont give a shit about cattle or pigs because I eat that shit
>>
>>78108795
Yeah I did and the only argument is because it doesn't have traditional nerves or a brain like us it can't experience the same sensations, which is factually incorrect. Plants respond defensively to external threats because they experience self preservation. This is born of fear, or a similar chemical reaction to the one that makes us feel fear.
>>
>>78108551
Animals and plants exist for humans they were given to us by God

You don't have the authority to tell me I can't have something when God gave it to me for the exact purpose of eating it or having it serve me in some way

You are a hippy so you replace God with "Mother Earth."

There is a reason why we have some sharp teeth and its not so we can chew on lettuce faggot
>>
>>78108718
i personally wouldn't eat them as i don't eat meat or any other animal product (milk, eggs etc.). if more of humanity adopted insects into their diets then that'd be good for the planet, which is a primary reason for my plant-based diet. i've never really considered hierarchies of consciousness
>>
>>78108809
Don't lie. If you were sensitive to humans suffering and their feelings you wouldn't be such a bitch in your post hating on vegans.
Or wait, the only kind of suffering that counts if physical pain right? Anyone who felt shamed or attacked from what your said is 'just a little bitch, right'? Or you don't cpcare about other humans when they 'deserve it' for being a certain way that triggers you.
Please. You are no saint.
>>
>>78108675
And?

What you eat is very much dependent on your culture. But in general, meat is meat.

Horses are prized for their ability to be ridden as a luxury item. That is what they are bred for. They are not bred for their meat, like cows are. You can eat them, however.

And look at what happened to horse populations after motorization. They were not released back into the wild like the Vegans imagine. They were simply allowed to die out.
>>
There's a difference between mistreating an animal and killing an animal painlessly for food though.

I disapprove of all mistreatment of animals but I glagly eat them moomoos.
>>
>>78109117
If anyone is suffering due to my post they need to get off 4chan and go to their nearest safe place. I am a very empathetic person.
>>
>>78109215
i was just correcting (sort of) your comment on how the west doesn't eat horses. the west very much does eat horse. maybe not in the USA but there are plenty of other western places
>>
File: one post.png (577 KB, 625x454) Image search: [Google]
one post.png
577 KB, 625x454
>>
They see people understand the world through stories

Read this
http://kingofdragonpass.wikia.com/wiki/Uralda's_Blessing

Understand our ancestral pact with cows. youll see it's not similar than the one we have with dogs, cats or horses.
>>
>>78109306
>painlessly

Oh fuck that, no predator in existence gives a shit about killing painlessly.

Does a lion ask a lamb if it hurts when it dies?

>>78109340
Of course that's the case, you'll find people all over the world eating whatever is available to them. And in many cases, what originally was a famine food (like horse or potatoes) became a local staple, or even a global staple.
>>
File: veggie.png (114 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
veggie.png
114 KB, 500x512
>>
Also what the fuck is eating horses really some big taboo in Murica? Can't think of a store that didn't have horsemeat.
>>
>>78109459
I'm sure the Finns learned to appreciate horsemeat during their period of being a Soviet asslicker.
>>
File: 1456522382954.jpg (100 KB, 640x455) Image search: [Google]
1456522382954.jpg
100 KB, 640x455
There are a lot more vegetarian /pol/acks than you think.
>>
>>78109459
yeah is because of arbitrary specisism

>taboo to eat cow in india, fine in europe/usa
>taboo to eat dog/cat in europe/usa, fine in parts of asia
>taboo to eat pigs in near east, fine elsewhere

etc etc.

which is basically OP's point
>>
>>78109443
Congratulations on considering yourself to be on the level of lions.

Inflicting useless pain on feeling beings without any actual reason is nigger behaviour.
>>
>>78108993
>Plants respond defensively to external threats because they experience self preservation.

Yes, and I believe this is all there is to it. It has nothing to do with ''fear'' it's just evolution which ingrained this chemical reaction when exposed to curtain stimuli, this does not even come close to being conscience, let along feeling pain.

btw the article you linked is absolute garbage and would be laughed at by any serious biologist.
>>
>>78109316
You are in denial or you done even know what it means to be empathetic.
First of all there is a problem in this world with children starving to death. All these cows are being fed the tones and tones of crops that could feed people. The worse part is a a lot of the meat doesn't even get eaten and just expires. People in cities with shitty air quality get health problems by all the pollution this stuff causes.
Kids at school get scammed into believing shit is healthy that isn't and their health suffers. Can you say "obesity"?
If you really care about humans too you would care about the people who are hurt about what is happening to animals. Little girls and stuff that will grow up to see footage of what you support in the factory farms, which is not the same as hunting, it's a hundred times worse.
>>
>>78109648
I never said that we should inflict pain on animals, I said that your argument is ridiculous on the face of it.

No predator on Earth - from single celled organisms to lions to a fucking blue whale - kills 100% painlessly. All you are doing is buying into the vegan claptrap.

We should kill the animals efficiently, without harm to humans, and with good safety in regard to hygiene.

i.e. Shock the animals so they don't thrash around, don't feed livestock ground up meat, don't beat up animals needlessly, etc.

But we do this for reasons other than whether or not a lobster feels pain as it is boiled in a pot. Because the octopus certainly doesn't ask that question when it grinds up the lobster alive with its beak.
>>
Both of my sisters are vegan. They know I love eating the fuck out of a juicy 16 oz ribeye.

Few months ago, for easter, there was this "meat" stew, which tasted like venison. I, admittedly, ate at least 3-4 plates worth of it, because it was so damn good. I was then told it was made by my older sister. I confronted her, and she told me it was true. It was a pure vegan dish. Took about 6 hours to make though.

Really, I was shocked. It was the first time my viewpoint about meat and food was challenged. If vegan food can taste that good, fuck it, I'll become vegan. Seriously, /pol/, go try an good, well-made, vegan dish.

>inb4 really makes you think huh...
>>
>>78104236
I love animals and I still hunt. I don't like seeing animals die and I still kill them for food. I euthanize suffering animals even though it feels horrible.

This isn't hypocrisy. This is choosing to endure negative feelings because you rationally know it's worth it. Aka man up.
>>
>>78109866
We do produce more food than we consume.

But that covers all food, not just meat, and is the result of conditions far more complex than "not enough food".

We could ship in food, but Africa and North Korea lack the infrastructure, political stability, and local distribution methods to do that. And if you did do that, all local food producers would be financially ruined.

So you're fucking moronic.
>>
>>78109316
Also you are not empathic to vegan 'people' when you are so bitchy to them.
It's like if your friends dog died and he was like pissed thinking maybe someone poisoned it and you were like "dude chill out, who gives a fuck it's just a dog, you'll get a new one and forget it."
I mean ya, you could even be right, but you are being a douche. Not empathic at all. Which would look more like "ya that sucks, it's understandable you'd be pissed. Idk what happened."
>>
>>78104236
carnivore here. i dont give a fuck if you like eating veggies, but the thing that bothers me to no end about you vegetarians is that youre literal pretentious smug shits. stop with the fucking bullshit.

i would have a lot more respect for you if you just owned up and said "i'm a fucking faggot, i dont give a fuck about pigs, cows, or chickens or any of the suffering involved in their lives ijust want a reason to act high and mighty"

>>
>>78105600
Wrong faggot. Your first example is cut grass. The smell of it is actually a distress signal to all other plant life in the area. Also it's proven that plants emit "fear", "joy" "pain" frequencies. Get educated. That's like saying if tied you up, threw you in a trunk, and drove into a lake, you don't feel anything cuz I can't see or hear it.
>>
>>78104236
I've eaten dog, cat, coon, rat, squirrels and gators. I'll eat anything. I only care about suffering in that it makes the meat taste bad.
>>
>>78104475
>>
>>78105125
+1 - there are fucking flowers with more complex DNA sequences than that of humans.
>>
>>78110309
There is only a finite amount of farming land in this earth and habitats are being destroyed, and third world countries and being used up of their natural resources. We don't need to farm way way more plants than nessecary (like we do) solely because we need to feed livestock being constantly bred.
>>
>>78104236
>you carnivores
Are you done being a faggot? HUMANS ARE OMINIVORES.
>>
>>78104236
i ate dog, cat, snake and some specie of endangered animal.
i believe that human meat is the most delicious type of meat of them all.
i get you idea mr. vegan whatever the appearance of a creature as long as it is edible its ok to eat them. food is food.
>>
I don't eat any type of mammals. Animals like chicken and fish are more or less biological machines running purely on instinct and without emotion. Even then I limit my meat eating to 2-3 meals per week.
>>
>>78110494
>Also it's proven that plants emit "fear", "joy" "pain" frequencies.
>unironically believing this

where the fuck did you go to school where you learn shit like this.
Link me to an actual article which proves this, not some clickbait type shit where its just states that ''research has shown that blabla is true''. Show me the evidence.
>>
File: 1432496538623.png (10 KB, 718x455) Image search: [Google]
1432496538623.png
10 KB, 718x455
>>78110683
Ah, but that carries an interesting implication.

By saying "habitats are being destroyed and meat is using up too many resources," you imply that such habitats are being destroyed in western countries and that western populations should cease eating meat.

But where is ecological collapse and starvation actually happening?

>China (widespread pollution and overpopulation)
>Zimbabwee (formerly Rhodesia, breadbasket of Africa, now communist and starving)
>North Korea (periodic famines due to mismanagement)
>Brazil (a corrupt socialist nightmare)
>Russia (where ecological experiments to turn Siberia into arable land backfired and destroyed the Ariel Sea)
>Venezuela (communist country, now collapsing and starving)

Meanwhile, in the 1st World, populations are declining, farms are more efficient than ever, our environmental policies have cleaned up our air and water qualities, and we're recycling more and wasting less.

So why not go tell the Chinese to stop polluting? Not me.
>>
>>78111226
>So why not go tell the Chinese to stop polluting? Not me.

pretty sure i read in the news last week that china has called for its citizens to reduce their meat intake
>>
also

>>78111226
>By saying "habitats are being destroyed and meat is using up too many resources," you imply that such habitats are being destroyed in western countries

wat
>>
I don't eat mammals.

I don't give a shit about the lives of birds or fish though.
>>
>>78111615
Why do you want me to do something that isn't a problem in my area?

There is plenty of arable land here. Most of it owned by the Federal Government. Other countries should manage their land better.

>>78111508
And? That doesn't mean the Chinese aren't some of the worst polluters in the entire world, and yet 'dumb fat Americans' are blamed for throwing plastic in the ocean.

It is the Chinese.

Overfishing is done by the Chinese, the Chinese are responsible for the current mercury levels in fish, they're responsible for the majority of dust in our atmosphere, and they're responsible for most of the carbon monoxide pumped into our atmosphere.

And they do not care.
>>
>>78111068
This was a fad in the 70s ("the Secret Lives of Plants").
>>
if you can cook good you dont even need to eat meat to enjoy food anyways, after all the only reason selfish morons eat meat is to enjoy
>>
>>78111968
>And? That doesn't mean the Chinese aren't...
yeah i know, i wasn't using that as a counter to your point - don't be so defensive. it's was just a point... china are trying to reduce their meat intake. that's all.

>>78111968
>Why do you want me to do something that isn't a problem in my area?
if you have that kind of mindset i'm not sure anything i say could change it. but basically, USA has a huge demand for beef, brazil is fucked up enough to deforest the amazon in order to line their pockets with US beef dollars. if you (as a nation) ate less beef the demand would decrease, therefore the need to deforest brazil would decrease... therefore the world is a nicer place for us all to live?!?! just because you don't live in the amazon it doesn't mean that a) you can't influence what happens there b) that it's not your problem. you caused the problem there, you can fix it.

soz for wall of text
>>
>>78104786
being vegetarian is actually detrimental to your health because you lack all the nutrients that only meat can give you dumbass. you ever notice how every vegetarian is a skinny sickly piece of shit?
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.