[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
J.K Rowling and Brian Eno Go Off On Trump About Brexit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
https://archive.is/NHUbg

So JK Rowling and Brian Eno went off on some bizarre, hilarious rant about Donald Trump and the EU today, they said the following.

Rowling:

>"Look towards the Republican Party in America and shudder. 'Make America Great Again!' cries a man who is fascist in all but name," Rowling wrote. "His stubby fingers are currently within horrifyingly close reach of America's nuclear codes. He achieved this pre-eminence by proposing crude, unworkable solutions to complex threats. Terrorism? 'Ban all Muslims!' Immigration? 'Build a wall!' He has the temperament of an unstable nightclub bouncer, jeers at violence when it breaks out at his rallies and wears his disdain for women and minorities with pride. God help America. God help us all."
>Rowling also noted, "Donald Trump supports the break up of the EU."
>"It is dishonourable to suggest, as many have, that Leavers are all racists and bigots: they aren't and it is shameful to suggest that they are," Rowling wrote. "Nevertheless, it is equally nonsensical to pretend that racists and bigots aren't flocking to the 'Leave' cause, or that they aren't, in some instances, directing it."

Eno:
>"Is it because many of the constraints on how badly you're allowed to treat workers have been put in place by the EU," Eno asked of the motives behind a Brexit. "Is it because the EU has insisted on environmental legislation which hampers the freedom-to-pollute of corporations and governments? Is it because the EU has established an international criminal court where all those people to whom we sell weapons might be called to account? Is it because the EU has tried to come up with some sort of humane response to immigration other than barbed wire and Trumpian walls? I have a lot of misgivings about the way the EU is run, but they don't make me want to ditch the whole idea."
>>
>>78038661
>bizarre

Rowling's response seems to be remarkably level-headed, she even acknowledged that calling leave voters racists was inaccurate.
>>
>>78038661
They have angered KEK.
Eulogy when?
>>
Does America even think British people are smart anymore? They have proven themselves to be dumber than the dumbest Americans.
>>
>Eno

PLEASE QEK HAVE MERCY I WANT TO SEE BRIAN ENO ONCE IN MY LIFETIME ;____;
>>
>>78038661
I feel like burning my Harry Potter books now.
>>
>crude, unworkable solutions
>travel ban and a wall

These things have been demonstrated to work perfectly fine. What's the problem?
>>
File: Americans.jpg (139 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
139 KB, 640x360
>>78038865
No they fell off about as bad as we did.
>>
>>78038764
You're pretty easily mislead. She prefaced her outrageous claim with a statement to make you feel that she's level headed.
>>
>>78038661
>"As this country has entered what will come to be seen as one of the most divisive and bitter political campaigns ever waged within its borders, I've thought a lot about the rules for creating villains,"

I think the English Civil War was slightly worse.
>>
>>78039018
you are an idiot. Clearly the only workable solution to getting rid of evil is to be the child of prophecy armed with magical items gifted by death.
Protecting your borders never works.
>>
>>78039080

You're right, it's all so simple now. Thank you.
>>
>>78039018
Pretty sure only reason Rowling is Pro-EU is because she was living off GibsMeDats when she was writing Harry Potter.
>>
>>78039030
Man they can't even blame niggers for that.
>>
>>78038969
JK Rowling identifies with Tom Riddle more than any other character. That's why he was the most well written one.

She throws out the term "Leaver" like a Malfoy would Muggle.
>>
>>78039080
this
>>
rip
>>
>>78038661
>he's evil racist sexist fascist etc etc
Daily reminder: giving women rights is the absolute worst mistake a society can make.
>>
File: cover.jpg (243 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
243 KB, 1600x1600
Okay, I'm going to listen to the ambient pioneer's opinion on politics.

Shut the fuck up and go make another Harold Budd collab, Eno.
>>
>>78038661
The entire last half of the series revolves around the idea that if your government stops representing you, it is your duty to overthrow it. the last two books have the protaganists organizing an underground militia, specifically to take down what the Ministry of Magic became. I'm starting to think she wrote it on accident, the same way Lucas accidentally made a few good movies.
>>
>>78039018
Right. Simple, common sense solutions are for idiots!

I hate these people so much.
>>
>>78038661
>Is it because many of the constraints on how badly you're allowed to treat workers have been put in place by the EU

tl:dr woman who has never worked a day in her life thinks the working class of Britain to be so weak they wouldn't demand their rights unless granted to them by some higher power.

No wonder so many women are religious. Daddy didn't like me because i'm a two-bit whore but Sky-Daddy loves me!
>>
>>78039659
anything good she wrote was a result of direct plagiarism. her books only have depth when they are blatantly ripping off something else.
>>
>>78038661
Bitch if you stopped writing fiction you'd be eating out of a dumpster again. Shut up
>>
>>78039833
Her books are shit and the movies even worse. Can't believe people made this pretentious cunt so rich.
>>
>>78038661
>JK Rowling

What makes her opinion with anything credible? Because she wrote a bunch of shit kids books and has a ton of money?
>>
Why do liberals all have the same simple view of the world.

Literally just read a piece in the newspaper and repeat it as their own view.
>>
>>78039080

This. She added a little preamble before playing the racists and bigots card, but she still played it all the same.
>>
>>78039920
I can. Women are lemmings and kids are easily lead by whatever becomes popular.

>>78041651
The best example which can be used to counter this is in her own writing, comparing the MP's to Cornelius Fudge, the former Minister of Magic who were caught up in their own game to maintain power and control that they failed to observe the writing on the wall.
>>
>>78039874
She was living off the welfare system over there, and i've heard its quite generous
>>
>>78038865

this was known to the rest of europe since forever
>>
File: 2012-PISA-rank-6nC[1].png (136 KB, 416x1349) Image search: [Google]
2012-PISA-rank-6nC[1].png
136 KB, 416x1349
>>78039030
seriously, we have 12% dindus and 20% meximutts dragging us down.
>>
>>78038661
good to know my media is all Judaized.
>>
Fuck me, I wanted to think Brian Eno was smarter than this
>>
File: KMzYj.gif (3 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
KMzYj.gif
3 MB, 400x224
>some bitch that writes wizard stories for children
>relevant
>>
She wants more diversity because she can afford private security and walls and she really desires the pimp hand of Sharia Law (like most unfuckable white hags).
>>
>>78044300
I wanted to think Brian May was smarter than the to. But nope he's totally in support of even more Muslim rapists coming to the UK
>>
I can never listen to Music for Airports the same way again.
>>
>>78044979
>>78044885
>>78044300

Musicians are naive idealists. More at 11:00
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.