[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fuck the NY Times
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: trump.jpg (51 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
51 KB, 800x500
>English writing assignment
>have to summarize, analyze, and respond to an article from the NY Times
>NY Times is too damn liberal
>mfw
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 64264897[1].jpg (62 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
64264897[1].jpg
62 KB, 400x400
>>78023790

You should learn to fake your opinions as soon as possible. If you can't learn to fake them, at least hide them. In this case you'd do a science article from the Times. People on pol will tell you to stand up for your beliefs in school. These people are dropouts. Your education is basically capped at undergrad if you can't learn to hide or fake this stuff.
>>
>>78023790
>still in school this far into June

This board is for 18+ please come back when you finish highschool
>>
>>78024916
I'm taking english at a community college over the summer because I suck at english
>>
>>78023790
>>have to summarize, analyze, and respond to an article from the NY Times
I don't see anywhere this says you have to agree with the article.

>>78025057
Community colleges aren't nearly as much of liberal hellholes as universities. You could probably get away with disagreeing with an article.
>>
>>78023790
>have to summarize, analyze, and respond to an article from the NY Times
Why not try to destroy it in your analysis and response? You could just sell it as a thought experiment, not your actual conviction, so you won't get any backlash personally.
>>
that's a good thing. i've had similar assignments where I brought articles to class and argued against their thesis, ezpz. good luck on honing them debating skills
>>
File: 1466429967528.gif (769 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1466429967528.gif
769 KB, 245x245
>>78023790
>Taking English over the summer at a community college
>Professor walks in and immediately introduces herself as a feminist
>>
>>78025204
>>78025232
good idea
>>
>>78023790
Oh you're in highschool? That reminds me

>Get highschool assignment that sounds pretty much the same as yours
>Write half arsed shitty summary with thoughts about it
>My teacher says it's shit and to try again
>Write takedown of editorial, completely trashing the premise
>Get an A

Moral of the story is don't listen to >>78024207 if you can mount a rational argument and write well you can have any opinion you want.
>>
>>78025595
>Not writing anti-feminist papers with objectively A grade work, then complaning to the dean.
If you don't change the system, no one will.
>>
>>78025637
m8 i said i'm a college student. just finished first year at a university this year.
>>
Reminds me the time in school we have to write a review of the book we had to read in class and then perform a presentation from the characters perspective.

Entire book was about feeling sorry Muslims and the antogonist was literally a Nazi Muslim, so the book tried to portray the evil Muslims as evil because of Nazism not because of Islam.

Wrote an entire essay to the teacher on how the book in general fucking sucked, because even without the SJW message, the writing, pacing and (non-existent) character development fucking sucked. Also critiqued the use of Nazism as a convenient ploy to avoid any relevant social and political discussion on the actual internal reasons behind Islamic extremism.

>Teacher emailed a reply
>"Hi Anon, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the book"
>Next day get called into a meeting with the teacher, deputy principle and school psychologist
>Get questioned if I'm 'okay' because I seem to express 'Islamophobic sentiment'.
>They twist my entire position as trying to mitigate the atrocities committed by the Nazis
>We get no where, they eventually give up and agree to not take this any further (mainly because they couldn't since I never admitted anything)

Fucking SJWs, and this was at a Catholic school even.
>>
>>78025057
>>78025204
this anon, my local ones staff includes a divorce lawyer who thinly masks his dislike for women, a retired police chief, and a jaded teacher who left the state college due to "ideological differences". Community colleges are mainly for the working class to get a degree and not dumb 20 something libs
>Community colleges aren't nearly as much of liberal hellholes as universities
>>
>>78025966
Back in high school our final essay was on a book about a happily married atheist man being stalked by a gay christian completely obsessed with him.
I refused to do it outright and nobody really kicked up a fuss, I didn't need those marks anyway
>>
File: 1466504632098.jpg (239 KB, 754x873) Image search: [Google]
1466504632098.jpg
239 KB, 754x873
>>78023790
>>
>>78024207
Fuck that, you are inadvertantly contributing to the destruction of society. Speak your beliefs freely, that gives others in the silent majority the confidence to stand up and makes the cucks on the other side respect you. Trust me I took a women's studies class for my last 2 unassigned credits and the teacher thought i was an MRA, but the girls in the class recognized me to the point where I got one to do a shirtless keg stand at my frat party.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.