[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
China Builds World's Fastest Supercomputer Without U.S. Chips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12
File: 1455328103005[1].jpg (154 KB, 548x1012) Image search: [Google]
1455328103005[1].jpg
154 KB, 548x1012
>China on Monday revealed its latest supercomputer, a monolithic system with 10.65 million compute cores built entirely with Chinese microprocessors. This follows a U.S. government decision last year to deny China access to Intel's fastest microprocessors.
>There is no U.S.-made system that comes close to the performance of China's new system, the Sunway TaihuLight. Its theoretical peak performance is 124.5 petaflops, according to the latest biannual release today of the world's Top500 supercomputers. It is the first system to exceed 100 petaflops. A petaflop equals one thousand trillion (one quadrillion) sustained floating-point operations per second.
>"This is the first time the U.S. has lost the lead," said Dongarra, in the total number of systems on the Top500 list.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/21/technology/china-tops-list-of-fastest-computers-again.html

The era of da wyte man is over.
>>
>Chinese made computer

It'll last 3 months then the screen will start fucking up and and then it wont turn on
>>
Get ready for a massive gold devaluation in wow
>>
File: ReportIN.jpg (73 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
ReportIN.jpg
73 KB, 800x593
Why would you need chimps to build a supercomputer?
>>
File: dr.jpg (103 KB, 1600x1059) Image search: [Google]
dr.jpg
103 KB, 1600x1059
>>78005864
>We must not allow a supercomputer gap!
>>
>Hook up 10.5 million Chinese processors to a single cluster.
>has slightly more theoretical processes-per-second than a 100k Intel cluster
>performs poorly under stress, never reaches its theoretical potential whereas the Intel cluster, what with being made by Intel, exceeds its theoretical topline rating
>>
Help
>>
>>78005864
But does it work?
>>
This be like Sputnik 1 all over again
>>
how many fps can it get on battlefield 4 in 4k/ultra settings?
>>
File: 1444538174545.png (21 KB, 589x324) Image search: [Google]
1444538174545.png
21 KB, 589x324
>>78005864
>homogeneous country out competing a multicultural country
>>
>>78005864
China is a fucking liar though
Until they fucking show the computer & prove it, they are lying
End of discussion
They are like a bigger North Korea when it comes to this shit
>>
>>78006506
Sounds like you're in denial that the Chinese are better than you.
>>
>>78005864
>commies wank off over building a supercomputer bigger than the west
>the west has more supercomputers than they have clean streets

it's not like they'll keep that crown for long, some western university will probably build a faster one in a year or two for shits & giggles
>>
>>78006701
>country with 50+ defined ethnic groups
>homogeneous
>>
I've known this was coming for a while now.

Every person I know in college is fucking retarded in science/computer science/engineering.

White people are too busy jogging, going to the beach, and trying to lock down a $60,000 office job so they can take out a loan on a small townhouse. Whites have fallen behind, because they're fucking lazy. Indians and asians are the ones who study 24/7 and actually have some discipline.
>>
>>78006988
And it will only cost the taxpayer 6 gorrilion dollars.
>>
>>78005864
Good
At least one nation that's trying to progress.
>>
>>78006079
>american education

Most of the high end computer parts come from china dipshit.

http://www.chinawhisper.com/top-8-china-computer-brands/

Malaysia and china have been producing our parts for almost 40 fucking years.
>>
>>78006887
I tend to deny things that aren't true. There's a myth that computer processing power is all about transistor count, but that's been a lie since 2002. It's all about architecture and theoretical floating-point operations don't mean shit if you're constantly re-calculating because of bad architecture causing order conflicts and if you aren't dissipating heat efficiently.
>>
its a super computer ? not a Quantum computer right ?
>>
>>78007162
justin turdeau
>>
Bravo China congrats ! now.. CURE CANCER FUCKING USELESS PIECE OF SHIT !
>>
>>78007252
Your pretty fucking dumb if you don't know where you manufacture your own products.
>>
>>78005864

This is fine. I kind of have already accepted that we are in a downward spiral. We can puff out our chests all we want but the point where we fall is sooner than it really appears - barring some sort of massive cultural revolution.

What do we expect? Kids in China and India are learning compsci and advanced math in the 6th grade while US citizens are screaming and beating each other to make sure kids learn about being gay when their 8. It's not like the land is special; it was the culture and the values. And now that's gone. Only a matter of time if nothing changes
>>
>>78007009
>Indians
>Discipline

Indians don't even have the discipline to poo in the loo.
>>
>>78007162
They make them in factories they're designed in the US.
>>
>>78006285

underrated post
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 500x500
>>78007006
and guess what
they're all squinty-eyed pasty-faced rice-eating bootleggers
>>
>>78007338
This, even most canadians are fucking retards.

Asia's technology sector makes us look like kids eating cat turds out of a sandbox.
>>
>>78007162
>China manufactures cheap laptops by putting American parts into molded form factors
>"making high end computer parts"
Do you seriously not understand the difference?

The ONLY real cutting edge processor company in existence is Intel. Everyone else is just reverse engineering out-dated Intel schematics that Intel sold to them. This is a factual matter.
>>
>>78007453
Intel is israeli owned.
>>
>>78007453

This. Learn the difference between an idea, and actually putting that idea together. China only puts the idea together.
>>
in before a mysterious explosion rocks the city that supercomputer's hardware is located in and levels a large part of the district.

"accidentally", of cours.
>>
>>78007453
Well not any more it look like .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XU074YZBSI
>>
>>78005864
Can their supercomputer solve their impending evironmental crisis, shit air, and shady stock market that's going to lead them to implode within a decade or two?

No?

Who cares
>>
>>78007587
Sure thing, put my dick into your mouth, fucking faggy retard.

The only product I have that is made in usa is my garden hose, and it's shitty.
>>
>>78007162
>high end computer parts
well if the jumper wires I ordered from overseas are any indication of their tech levels they are extremely shoddily made
>>
>>78007651

I doubt it.
>>
>>78007744
>>78007690
SURE THING PAL
>>
>>78007572
It's American owned
>>
>>78007744
Actuely it is very well know by now that China are very good at inovation .. they take your ideas and they make it cheaper and more efficient just like the Russians do with your Rocket Turbine and the french with your Communication and the Canadian with your Womans ..
>>
>>78007900

That's Asians in general, and it's nothing new.
>>
How does the US government have a say over what Intel, a private company, is allowed to sell?
>>
>>78005864
>124.5 petaflop
Holy fucking shit
>10.65 million compute cores
Brute forcing at it's finest, though it's insane they could keep it together, their interconnects are beating anything out there
>>
>>78007651
>put my dick into your mouth

It wouldn't be much of a mouthful, would it Chang?
>>
>>78007857
SURE THING BUDDY

>Intel has a Diversity Initiative, including employee diversity groups as well as supplier diversity programs.[197] Like many companies with employee diversity groups, they include groups based on race and nationality as well as sexual identity and religion. In 1994, Intel sanctioned one of the earliest corporate Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender employee groups,[198] and supports a Muslim employees group,[199] a Jewish employees group,[200] and a Bible-based Christian group.[201][202]
>>
>>78006506
>exceeds its theoretical topline rating
A burger exhibiting it's ignorance
>>
>>78008019
Atleast my country isn't actually in asia
>>
>>78007900

Also I wouldn't call anything made by the Chinese efficient. Cheaper sure, but none of their products last very long, and they never do as good of a job as something that was made here.
>>
>>78008114
Yea bra, you really cornered the market on garden hoses and tires. You don't manufacture anything.
>>
>>78007615
>hook twenty times more inferior-quality processors together to just barely top the total flops count
>THEY MUST BE REALLY GOOD AT MAKING PROCESSORS
You really don't understand computers very well, do you?
>>
>>78008047
>Intel Corporation (better known as Intel, stylized as intel) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California.

Did you skim over the first line fuckwit?
>>
>>78008158

We used to. Trump is going to make America great again.
>>
>>78008164
Well I do not pretend I know anything no ..
>>
>>78005864

>theoretically

Its chink shit, how many articles of amazing "plans" or "theoretical" shit have they done then it turns out nothing fucking happened or they lied
>>
>>78007572
No one cares who the investors are. That's such an early 20th century concern. "Domestic money" is such an oxymoron in this age. Intel is operated and run by American engineers, that's the point.
>>
>>78008158
No one would make anything in China if they didn't pay their workers 0.02c an hour.
>>
>>78007850
about 1 in 10 out of the packs of 200 didn't work
it was cheap enough to be a good option and enough of them worked for it not to have been a waste, but + or - 10% isn't very good
>>
>>78005864
Why? to farm WoW gold or mine bitcoins (since thats what chinks do in internet).
>>
Read the comments very carefully and enjoy the salt from insecure White boys, my fellow chinks. This will be the first of many.
>>
>>78006285
Aw shit, and I just made so much
>>
what's the point, so china can calculate how to conquer SEA faster?
>>
>>78007453
>reverse engineering out-dated Intel schematics that Intel sold to them
Except it's not, AMD designs since the K6 are originals, ARM holdings have nothing to do with Intel and even predate the K6, Qualcomm designs it's own chips, IBM just released a new POWER ISA last year, NEC and Fujitsu still design vector processors for niche supercomputers
>The ONLY real cutting edge processor company in existence is Intel.
ARM Holdings is beating Intel in efficiency, Qualcomm sometimes beats ARM Holdings reference designs, and IBM still beats Intel in raw power
This is ignoring GPU's, in which Intel gets absolutely raped by AMD and Nvidia
>>78008206
desu I don't know why you want the chink manufacturing back, most of it is dangerous industries that contaminate everything
>>
>>78008308
aaactuely WE care it look like .. we a bit fed up they fuck you up the ass without asking the permission and giving us shekels..

6.4 Religious controversy in Israel (2009)
6.5 Age discrimination complaints
6.6 Land dispute in Israel
>>
>>78008241
The point is they hooked A LOT of cheap processors together just to set a theoretical record. In fact it might actually be the best supercomputer in practical terms, I won't take that away from them (though cheap processors are historically bad at meeting their theoretical cap, so I'm not so confident about that). But it means jack shit from a RnD perspective, it's just a pissing contest. Computers are scale-able. You put enough shitty processors in a cluster and it'll be the best cluster.
>>
>>78008164
You don't understand that hooking up such massive amount of clusters involves cutting edge interconnects, right?
>>
>>78005864
it's not like anyone in China could afford it anyway, who cares
>>
>>78006636
None because supercomputers can't do that shit. But hey on the bright side we'll be able to calculate 10 more digits of pi.
>>
>>>>>>>>theoretical

This is 'well be speaking mandarin in twenty years' again but thirty years late
>>
>>78008534
This is not the mechanic at the Quantum lvl if they stack up GPU to mine bitcoins I am not much impressed
>>
>>78005864
I bet that pc would run dayz on 60 fps
>>
>>78007009
It worked for a while because we were just brain draining their best and brightest.
China got smart and now they just bribe the cream of the crop back over to their side, after we went to ask the trouble of training them.
For the moment their high tech industrial capability is pretty shit since we either outsourced that stuff to automated factories in Taiwan or produced it locally if it was defense related. They'll close the gap eventually though.
News like this is just dick waving though. They like to build stuff that's "technically" a world record when in practice it's generally unusable. It's a single step up from when Iran unveils the latest pile of scrap they call a fighter jet every 6 months
>>
>>78008672
ROLF I almost drowned in my own saliva ..
>>
>>78006887
This super computer doesn't have the memory bandwidth to actually use all its computational capacity.
Also the only figure quoted is single point precision, which might be because it doesn't perform favourably in double point and beyond.
>>
>>78008001
>private company
>'US' government
:^)
>>
>>78006762

Its been fucking independently verified you stupid fucking retards.

Funny how its always the butthurt americans posting these kimd of stupid comments isnt it?
>>
>>78008487
>recent AMD designs are original
AMD used to copy Intel designs verbatim. Now they design their own BASED ON the techniques they reverse engineered from years of studying and working with Intel schematics. They're hardly "original" and they hardly compare.

>ARM Holdings is beating Intel in efficiency
Yeah, power efficiency. I.e. the thing that ARM processors are designed for and Intel processors are not. Though it's fair enough to say that ARM is not derived from Intel in any direct way, they're a decade or more behind Intel in terms of capabilities and sophistication. Hardly even worth calling them the same kind of product, really.

>GPUs
Yes, let's compare the things that Intel half-assedly put in their chip-sets as a matter of convenience to the consumer to entire industries designed to develop these things, that's fair. Also from an Electrical engineering perspective, parallel processors really don't have the kind of architecture concerns that CPUs have. Developing them are mostly a matter of manufacturing engineering (which is serious business, don't get me wrong, but hardly the NASA-tier stuff that Intel does).
>>
>>78005864
>The era of da wyte man is over.
Actually.

This is good for the white man.

Because now he can use Chinese products that don't have western backdoors.

Sure they have Chinese backdoors, but you keep that in mind so you don't give them intelligence.

It just means the west's government can't do shit.
>>
File: Dr terror.jpg (33 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dr terror.jpg
33 KB, 300x300
>>78009180
"intelligence"
>>
Next thing the Chinese are going to do is make quadnary, an improvement on binary. There is already a black scientist who is trying to make this a reality.
>>
>>78009287
You underestimate them.

Then again, they do need new brains.

But first they need a government that isn't bribed by evil.

If you're in politics, this will help you beat other players.

After you win, you will simply use western products again.
>>
>>78009370
You the one that underestimate them .. their is no intelligence they need about our degenerate way of living bro..
>>
>>78009323
>quadnary
That's actually a big idea if it works.

Just wish they'd reduce the censorship to proper information resources from the west.

I totally get the social media blacklist though. Facebook corrupts people in ways that (((Zuckerburg))) wants.
>>
File: o-TRUDEAU-570.jpg (45 KB, 570x413) Image search: [Google]
o-TRUDEAU-570.jpg
45 KB, 570x413
>>78005864

It doesn't matter.
Canada will build a quantum computer in 5 years.
Watch the Based WEED BOSS explaining the plan: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/04/15/trudeau-quantum-computing_n_9702756.html

Canada will soon cuck both the Chinks AND the Northern Mexico.
It's not even 2016 anymore. Think 2116 at least.
>>
>>78008988
>AMD used to copy Intel designs verbatim. Now they design their own BASED ON the techniques they reverse engineered from years of studying and working with Intel schematics. They're hardly "original" and they hardly compare.
Except they haven't for almost two decades now, K6 was a clear cut new design that was abysmal, K6-III was designed by a company that AMD bought back then and started the RISC core with a CISC frontend trend, K8 was ahead of Intel's failed Netburst and introduced AMD64, which Intel had to license from AMD
And Bulldozer is brutally different from anything Intel and also quite a failure
>Yeah, power efficiency. I.e. the thing that ARM processors are designed for and Intel processors are not.
Intel has been focusing on power efficiency since the 2008 Atom's, they have failed so much that they simply left the effort and left the mobile SoC market to Qualcomm/Samsung/Mediatek
>Though it's fair enough to say that ARM is not derived from Intel in any direct way, they're a decade or more behind Intel in terms of capabilities and sophistication. Hardly even worth calling them the same kind of product, really.
Yeah, of course they are behind despite beating Intel's finest in power efficiency since ever
>Yes, let's compare the things that Intel half-assedly put in their chip-sets as a matter of convenience to the consumer to entire industries designed to develop these things, that's fair.
Intel has dumped gorrillions in GPU R&D since the late 90's with the i740, which was a failure, then Labarree that could only be salvaged as a coprocessor, and recently with the HD3000 and later designs which don't fail terribly
In pretty much every Intel CPU with a GPU more than half of the die is used for the GPU
>>
How long until the chinese make a competitor to windows? I'm sick of the NSA botnet running everything
>>
File: 1342751992424.jpg (184 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
1342751992424.jpg
184 KB, 405x720
>>78009517
>Trudeau trying to sound intelligent
>>
All they had to do to beat our supercomputers was stick one of their Chinamen in a cardboard box with a pad of paper and a pencil.
>>
File: keking-man.jpg (244 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
keking-man.jpg
244 KB, 1417x1417
>The computer is based on 10.6 million processor “cores” spread across 40,960 microprocessors that work together. The chips are relatively slow individually — about the speed of the processor in Apple’s iPhone 6.

>The Sunway machine does have its shortcomings. It has older memory-chip technology, meaning it is limited in the speed with which it can move data in and out of each processor when compared with the most powerful American supercomputers.

Its basically a bunch of iphones and hooked up to each other. All they can do with it is play 41,000 apps of clash of clans
>>
>>78009504
Here is the link.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1784334872/4-dimensional-operating-system
>>
>>78008988
>Also from an Electrical engineering perspective, parallel processors really don't have the kind of architecture concerns that CPUs have.
Of course they don't, but guess how parallel are the tasks supercomputers do
>Developing them are mostly a matter of manufacturing engineering
It's not, have you ever read a whitepaper describing Nvidia or AMD GPU architecture?
>(which is serious business, don't get me wrong, but hardly the NASA-tier stuff that Intel does).
NASA nowadays uses niche decades old custom PPC chips in their probes
>>
>>78009517
WE do have highly motivated pot head in Canada ! Great Engineers and scientist from all around the globe your Bros and Sisters make it possibles thanks a bunch!
>>
>>78009323
>non binary computing
>>
>>78009467
>You the one that underestimate them .. their is no intelligence they need about our degenerate way of living bro..
Tavistock would disagree.

They DO monitor our degenerate lives. We're beginning to find names.
>>
>>78008186
I think he's referencing their philosophy as a company as evidence they're being mind controlled.
>>
>>78008988
Well shilled goy
>>
>>78009796
Ternary computers where a thing once
>>
>>78009796
That's the joke.
>>
>>78007162
Just dropping in to say I find it fascinating and almost uncanny how every time a leaf posts something like this they unequivocally make themselves look like a dumbass in the process

Here's a (You), keep up the good work
>>
Haha whats the catch with this chinker piece of shit they built? Bet important pieces are already falling off it.
>>
>>78009810
No doubt they monitor the empire we forced them to buy our Opium for I dont know how much time .. yet they never tried to fuckus up even with the Nippon they stay moderate ..
>>
>>78006701
welcome to peace time, the show where rules are made up and traditions don't matter
>>
File: Glitttering Prizes.gif (794 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
Glitttering Prizes.gif
794 KB, 500x338
>>78010154
>The peace time !
>>
>>78006488
That's actually an arms race I would back.
>>
>>78008618
But thirty years ago everyone said we'd be speaking Japanese.
>>
>>78008551
PROMINENT MEXICAN INTELLECTUAL
>>
>>78008001
Export laws.
>>
>>78010605
And you think you have more credence because you're americna?
>>
File: NMS.png (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
NMS.png
55 KB, 500x500
>>78005864
Just a tease .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5vwfEaONg
>>
>>78010605

Meanwhile your dumbfuck amerifat friend thinks that AMD just reverse engineers and copies Intel, despite reverse engineering of chips being practically impossible for many years now since 45nm (and even before that with great difficulty/not viable) and claims to be EE. Hopefully he is just an ignorant 1st year or your education system is worse than I thought.
>>
>>78010896
This plus vive and omni.. holy shit good by real world.
>>
File: Rain-Man-247.jpg (120 KB, 997x574) Image search: [Google]
Rain-Man-247.jpg
120 KB, 997x574
>>78011083
lol
Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.