[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Become a Priest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 220x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 220x285
Pol I've really been thinking about becoming a priest and living a pious life away from modern degeneracy. Should I do it? Mabey being a redpilled priest isn't such a bad idea.
>>
Look up Brother Nathanael on Youtube. He is redpilled as fuck.
>>
>>78000977
not all of us can become priests. i want to live a really monastic life and only read books but i have an awkward feeling that i would be wasting my time.
>>
File: image.png (717 KB, 731x808) Image search: [Google]
image.png
717 KB, 731x808
>>78001404
I'm Catholic but Orthodoxy does sound right for me. I can't stand Pope Francis. Pic not related.
>>
>>78001404
Not a real priest.
>>
>>78001657

Reminder the catholic church is more than the current pope.

>people leave the church because of the actions of men
plebs
>>
>>78001501
That's basically what I want too. I love to read and I imagine I would have a lot of time to read and study theology, history, and philosophy
>>
>>78001721
You are right. Deep down I've always enjoyed been Catholic. Just disappointed in the current leadership.
>>
>>78000977

Nothing wrong with that, OP. You should keep discerning and look into it.

I am studying to become a priest, but for a different reason. I don't want to live a pious life away from modern degeneracy (though we do need men and women to do that in the Church, to remain away from the world and engaged in the spiritual work of prayer for the world.)

I want to be a priest to fight it, to bring Christ to the masses. Pope Francis has said a lot of stuff wrong, but one thing he said that really animated me is, "A shepherd should smell like his sheep."

I'm not a protestant or anything, I love the Church and our hierarchy and our gold that we use to honour the Lord - (if Jesus Christ, the King of All Kings, cannot have gold, no one can.) But I want to be the kind of priest that goes into the community. I want to be a part of the re-evangelization of what is essentially a pagan west once again.

Anyway, if you do decide to be a more monastic sort of priest, or a priest at all, more power to you. Go where you are called. But consider joining the fight on the frontlines as well.
>>
>>78002152
"A Shepard should smell like his sheep" I really like that. So instead of hiding we should tech the herd to fight against degeneracy.
>>
>>78002152
Also how is seminary life, how often do you get to see your family and such. The seminary I'm looking at is only 20 miles from my family.
>>
>>78000977
Go for it it you think it's a true fit, and make sure it's the right choice of Christianity for you. I'd suggest Orthodoxy or Protestantism, but that's just my own opinion.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.