[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain Yourselves: Gun Control Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (792 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
792 KB, 2000x1000
http://www.npr.org/2016/06/20/482783071/here-are-the-4-gun-proposals-the-senate-is-voting-on-monday-again

The 4 Gun Control Legislations that were rejected today

1)>would give the Justice Department the power to stop anyone from purchasing a gun if that person has been on the federal terrorist watch lists sometime in the past five years. This measure would also make it easier for the government to halt a gun purchase, based on "reasonable belief" as opposed to "probable cause" that the individual will use the firearm to commit terrorism.

2)>would close the "gun show loophole" by requiring every gun purchaser to undergo a background check and to expand the background check database. It would also extend background checks to Internet sales.

3)>would require that law enforcement be alerted when anyone on the terrorist watch list attempts to buy a weapon from a licensed dealer. If the buyer has been investigated for terrorism within the past five years, the attorney general could block a sale for up to three days while a court reviews the sale. The government would have to show probable cause that the person is a known or suspected terrorist.

4)>would clarify what it means to be found mentally deficient, and giving people suspected of serious mental illness a process to challenge that determination.

Why are you against this? Can you even make an actual argument /pol?
>>
>>77969391
Internet sales must go to an FFL dealer to be picked up in person, the FFL dealer will perform the back ground check at the store. Educate your self on the sales and distribution of firearms, the gun show loop hole is a meme, I challenge you to go to a gunshow and buy a gun without a background check.
>>
There is no gun problem. There's a nigger problem and a muslim problem. Control those.
>>
Yes.

Criminals don't follow gun laws. No laws will change that.
>>
>>77971031
Nice meme

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html
>>
>>77969391
No due process is involved. Also if you're going to pass gun control, I want something in return. There are 20,000 gun regulations on the books. Pick some to get rid of.
>>
>>77971240
Mass shooters are a small percentage of gun crimes, lad. Most mass shootings are done by gang members.
>>
>>77970860
>I challenge you to go to a gunshow and buy a gun without a background check
Anyone can do this, but background checks are unconstitutional, do little to solve crime, and are used to create a defacto registry for confiscation.
>>
>>77969391
and who decides who goes on the terrorist watch list?

Let's pretend the terrorist watch list isn't a fucking joke to begin with
>>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

LOLLOLOOL
>>
>>77971240

Did you not read the article? The federal background checks did nothing to stop any of these people from purchasing a weapon.

I thought the Japs were smart.
>>
>>77969391
>Dems:
>Oh dis one has some due proccess? fug dat
>Smash dat mufuggen "nay" bubbum :3D
And this all of the bills the Dems wanted, where vetoed because of the dems themselves.
>>
>>77969391
Eat shit unAmerican bitch.
>>
File: 1428158201199.jpg (58 KB, 505x421) Image search: [Google]
1428158201199.jpg
58 KB, 505x421
>>77969391
cucks BTFO
>>
I don't understand what the fuck people are talking about when they say there's a gun show loophole. I bought my first gun at a show and I had to undergo a background check. The only way you can get out of it is if you have a CCW permit.
>>
>>77972141

Japs are the least educated of the East Asians. Even North Koreans have higher intellects.

Also, mass shootings are statistical anomalies.
>>
File: 1465311813974.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1465311813974.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>77969391
I'll bite

1. Violation of Due Process
2. Private citizens are not the State, and therefore don't have to act like the state when selling their guns
3. See: 1
4. See: 1 and 3

All of these are terrible ideas, and you should feel ashamed that you're being paid to sell out your brothers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.