[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of a future like the one in Psycho-pass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: psycho-pass.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
psycho-pass.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
Ok /pol/ I know most of you guys think anime is shit, but listen to me please. A friend of mine told me to watch this anime (the first one I've watched). Here is a TL;DW of the anime:

-Is set on the future
There are some kind of system called cybil that analyzes people's brain, It measures the probability of that person doing something bad. There is a range, if someone gets an above average lecture he will get in prison forever (these prisons give you anything you want). If you get a high probability of committing a crime the system will alert A department and it will deploy some kind of policemen that will execute you.

Do you think it would be morally right if we kill people that haven't committed a crime just because he will have a really high probability of committing it in the future?

PD: if you like what you heard the series name is Psycho-Pass.
>inb4 fuck off with your autism animefag.
>>
top kak id.
>>
No. If prison is not enough to change a person's ways, they should just be banished. I would be completely in favor of setting aside a bit of wilderness and just banishing all criminals there, fencing it in with a few guards around. If they want to disregard laws, they will simply be sent somewhere without them.
>>
Anime is redpilled though
>>
File: 1464014857127.jpg (23 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464014857127.jpg
23 KB, 640x480
There is a very good reason no literature of any worth has come from Japan.
>>
>>77968425
This is literally deportation.

Anyway, if prison is not enough to change a person's ways then nothing is. We have massive overpopulation of undesirable demographics that DO have "a really high probability of committing it in the future". In the real world we have seen all of the blame being shifted to straight white men instead of the demographics that lead to criminals.
>>
>>77968127
Praise be to kek.

Also you ducked up describing psycho pass.
>>
>>77968492
Only heroes of the galactic empires, anything that has little girls is degenerate
>>
>>77968127

No because that would violate people's rights and ignores the concept of free will. People always seem to think criminals are some kind of species of their own or something or it's like being a vampire, you become one and you're now cursed forever!

Criminals are just normal people too. Some commit crimes because they feel they have to, others do it because they enjoy it and think they're good at it. They aren't all cut from the same clothe and I think our criminal justice system needs to off more forgiveness, if you do what the courts ask of you, so we don't get revolving doors and people staying in the system.

This is why I don't think anyone outside of lawyers and law enforcement should have access to your criminal record. If your committed a crime and served your time or went to court and got your sentence that's all the punishment you need/deserve. Society doesn't need to dogpile more punishment on someone doing the right thing by denying them jobs or treating them like stray animals who might bite at any moment.
>>
>>77968127
Sybil.
If the person has a bad index, it will receive medication.
If it get a even worse index, the person get imprisonated in a psychiatric hospital for the rest of it's life.
If it's even worse, they'll kill it.

It's completely inspired in Minority Report, you should read it, it's a quick story.
>>
>>77968127
Oh, yes, almost forgot. Even the anime shows how this system is flawed, it is a fucking dystopia. People live in a hugbox, in the moment they're confronted with the smallest shit, they go literally insane.

So, no.
>>
It's the perfect system as long as the AI itself isn't flawed. You also need the right logistics which we don't have right now.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.