[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadians: what is your opinion on the Keystone Pipeline extension?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 915x993) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 915x993
This is your chance to contribute to a thread rather than being a shitposting leaf
>>
Make it happen. Even if Trump wants to renegotiate the terms it's a fuckload better than transporting with rail.

My dad works for the national energy board though so consider me biased.
>>
>>77959303
I've never objected to laying thick pipe.
>>
I don't understand why we are so poor we never bothered to invest in refining the oil ourselves
Still, what's wrong with making more money for Canadians?
>>
>>77959303
I have no problems with pipelines themselves but don't want to see this.
I want to see Canadians build refineries so we can create jobs for Canadians and actually be a world player in the oil markets.
Instead of this nonsense where we ship you guys crude that you refine and sellback to us at exorbitant prices.
>>
>>77959849
Oil Refineries are expensive as fuck (about 5-15billion) and difficult to get environmental approval. Also with your cuck PM it would be cost prohibitive from taxes and likely legislatively impossible to get one approved.

It's cheaper to spend billions on a pipeline than it is to build a refinery in Canada.
>>
>>77959491
I wish liberals would understand this.

Hazardous materials are moved through rail. Rail passes through many populated areas. Large pipelines generally do not pass through populated areas.

Oh look what happened just over a week ago.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/06/mosier_oil_train_derailment_30.html
>>
>>77961025
Canada has already had a major disaster related to rail oil transport at lac megantic and they still don't get it, theyd say the same shit if a tanker went off in inner city Toronto.

No perspective on the oil market either. Hey idiots, China and India aren't going to stop burning fossil fuels if the oilsands are shuttered. All they'll do is rely even heavier on bastions of humanity like Saudi Arabia and Nigeria to get their supply.
>>
>>77960664
>Oil Refineries are expensive as fuck (about 5-15billion) and difficult to get environmental approval.
No new refinery or nuclear plant have been built in the US since 1977.
>>
>>77959849
Energy East is supposed to move oil to get refined in Halifax isn't it?
>>
>>77960664
>Oil Refineries are expensive as fuck

You can buy them out of administration for $1, assuming you can support the debts.

>It's cheaper to spend billions on a pipeline

The pipeline is not happening now the price has dropped. To get Alberta oil to flow down the pipleline takes a lot of refinement anyway.
>>
>>77963719
Yes, but instead of using dirty dirty Canadian oil, we would rather use blood oil from the middle east.
>>
>>77959303
Canadians will never approve of it, so it's pointless.
>>
>>77964261
>le dropped price meme

You don't build pipelines for now, you build them so that it's in place before old pipeline infrastructure degrades and can't handle a new upswing in production. You don't wait until roads are unusable before you start repairing roads, by then it's too late.
>>
I just always imagine that america is a giant mosquito sucking out oilblood from canada with massive proboscis.
>>
>>77959303
Keystone Pipeline should only happen if Alberta secedes and joins the USA
>>
>>77959849
Just built a 12 billion dollar one in Ft Saskatchewan AB slated to go online
>>
Canadian Texan here. Make the pipeline happen. It's better for both countries. Why rely on oil from the middle east when you can get it from a long time friend and ally. Of course Weed Man and Obongo won't let it happen. Need to keep that blood oil flowing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.