[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think about veganism? Is it healthy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
What does /pol/ think about veganism? Is it healthy?
>>
>>77929716
no, numerous cases of death ! look it up, Pathetic !
>>
>>77929716
It means you are a homosexual
>>
An idea that could only be conceived by people brain-addled from extreme protein deficiency.
>>
>>77929716
>believing in the organic jew
>>
>>77929716
fucking broccoli in the salad?
wtf

also remember to sage and hide
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>77929716
I've been vegan for 5 years, and it's made me really think where our food comes from. Now I've met annoying vegans but I usually get out right hostility when people find out I don't eat meat. I see a lot of memes about vegans but I've experienced more from the meat eating side.
>>
>>77930675
Broccoli is love. Don't hate broccoli, love broccoli.
>>
>>77931169
>I see a lot of memes about vegans but I've experienced more from the meat eating side.

That's because more people eat meat, so of course you are going to run into your fair share of asshole meat eaters because almost everyone eats meat.
>>
>>77931270
I meant cauliflower however, same goes for broccoli
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>77930675
That's cauliflower senpai
>>
Been vegan for 4 months now, nothing different other than losing some weight in the process
Meat just started disgust me
>>
>>77929716
you easily end up malnourished. This is a risk that is often underestimated because, how bad can casual eating be?

here is an extreme example. He ate only bananas, especially stupid diet.
http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-erim-bilgin
>>
>>77929716
If we did not begin as omnivores we would be dead, veganism is inhuman at root of the species.
>>
File: f4b.jpg (55 KB, 600x951) Image search: [Google]
f4b.jpg
55 KB, 600x951
>Hitler turns vegetarian 1942
>German war progress turns 1942
Coincidence?
>>
>>77929716
it reduces your igf1 and makes you live longer. vegan foods are also typically lower calorie and caloric restriction makes you live longer. adopting veganism is very healthy for those two reasons. often times, vegans fail to get proper nutrition. if you vegan diet properly, you will be healthier.
>>
>>77931806
Nice proxy, Sven.
>>
>>77932464
Correlation =! causation
>>
File: vegans.png (1 MB, 1604x541) Image search: [Google]
vegans.png
1 MB, 1604x541
Vegans are weak
>>
>>77931806
Interesting. I tried to start a vegan diet for several times, but my stomach always felt so "empty", no matter how much food I ate. I could probably live without meat, but not without eggs, butter or cheese.
Moreover, the flatulence was unbearable.
>>
>>77933470
I didn't eat big meals to begin with, at first I was hungry as hell like you but I suffered through it and now I don't feel hungry after I've finished my meal. You can make really stuffing vegan meals, I've learned that.

Not like I'm one of those vegans who try to make everyone else do same or even mention it unless someone asks
>>
>>77933470
>my stomach always felt so "empty"
Protein (meat, etc) has the effect of keeping your hunger sated longer than just eating carbs (veggies, etc).

If you still want to do a vegan diet but not feel hungry all the time, try taking protein shakes that is as "complete" (complete proteins) as possible. Veggie diet usually doesn't supply people with complete proteins, making them utterly useless.

It's still better to just eat meat. Fuck the vegans and the vegan lifestyle.

>flatulence was unbearable
Because the fibers that you've been consuming are actually, in a way, fermenting in your gut. It's a way of processing such fibers for whatever nutrients your body can leech from an otherwise useless source, other than helping regulate and maintain gastrointestinal health. Stuff like beans, although possessing decent nutrition, are also not digested in the traditional way--it has to go through fermentation too. That's why beans give you gas.

http://www.nourishingdays.com/2011/03/why-beans-are-hard-to-digest-8-tips-for-making-them-easier-on-the-belly/
>>
>>77933136
They turn invisible from the sides.
>>
>>77929716
Vegan is for stoner chicks and nu-males who can't stand to feel an ounce of testosterone in their body.
>>
I have absolutely no problem with any type of diet that is a personal choice as long as it isn't shoved down my throat or anyone elses. You can be vegan and healthy and you can be doing paleo and be healthy. I just don't want to hear or argue with people on their PERSONAL choices.
>>
>>77936581
Nice one bro! Meat is so manly!
>>
>>77937078
And all diets have their pros and cons to them. Each type that is best varies from person to person on what is healthiest for them and their lifestyle. I've dealt with many different people with very diverse eating habits and basically the only diet I have found is unhealthy in most cases is keto.
>>
>>77929716

No, it's not.

The clear demonstration is that they need to take vitamin and amminoacid supplements in order to not get ill.

>what is vitamin B12
>what is tryptophan

A vegan diet would simply not be an option for them if they didn't live in the comfort of an advanced industrial society that can fix its retarded shortcomings.
>>
>>77932886
>it reduces your igf1 and makes you live longer
Unbacked by credible science, no doubt arrived at by back-hacking a vegan diet, trying to find anything that it could be high in and making baseless, p-hacked justifications for why those things are good for health.

>vegan foods are also typically lower calorie and caloric restriction makes you live longer.
This is what happens when idiots get there hands on statistics.

Rule of thumb: anything that's "super good for you and makes you live longer" is complete bullshit. Nutrition simply does not work that way. There's "getting too much of something" and "not getting enough of something" and there's not much wiggle room beyond that. Nutritional science is the single most toxic science in the field, with more money pumped into bad studies by interest groups than pharmaceuticals and more unreproducible studies than sociology. But feel free to continue consuming the insides of your rectum if it makes you feel better.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.