[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>growing up thinking you could do whatever you want >you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28
File: 1445283509126.jpg (240 KB, 791x722) Image search: [Google]
1445283509126.jpg
240 KB, 791x722
>growing up thinking you could do whatever you want

>you can only find a job in stem, engineering, or computer fields

Anyone here pursing a degree in something they like doing but knows there's a chance they won't find a job? I'm pursuing political science/international relations
>>
>>77805776
Did history, cant do shit. you should just do engineering and then take your "passion" as a hobby or in your spare time. Get that job first and work on the rest second.
>>
Studying networking because I've always been interested in it, and I'm not a retard.
>>
>>77805776
No higher education but still make 6 figures and 22 with no debt master race here

Whats the matter? Fell for college meme?
>>
File: Legend_Of_The_Galactic_Heroes.jpg (44 KB, 577x433) Image search: [Google]
Legend_Of_The_Galactic_Heroes.jpg
44 KB, 577x433
Studying political science.

Doing it online, so thankfully don't have to rub shoulders with Che shirt wearing fuckheads.

I accept my place in the natural order.
>>
>>77806582
how many hours do you work a week? how physically intensive is your job? you've got to remember that most STEM jobs mostly involve sitting in an office not doing a lot and only working 40 hour weeks, at least here in the UK. they aren't difficult jobs, chances are you have to work far harder for your salary than we do.
>>
>>77805776
Whats wrong with military?
>>
>falling for the STEM meme.

I've studied English + History + Teaching. Let's see:
>no autistic STEM neckbeards, courses were full of chill dudes and hot girls
>piss easy, I spent my days chilling and didn't have to revise for anything
>I'm my own boss now and 50% of my work is done in my cozy homeoffice wearing sweatpants
>top tier salary, lifelong employment.

gg stemfags
>>
File: 1466169685826.png (361 KB, 795x591) Image search: [Google]
1466169685826.png
361 KB, 795x591
>>77806765
>most STEM jobs mostly involve sitting in an office not doing a lot and only working 40 hour weeks, at least here in the UK.

reminding me what I've got to look forward to for the next 30 years thanks a lot
>>
>>77806599

>Studying political science.
>online

>study that relies heavily on face to face networking

kill yourself now
>>
>>77805776
>Aerospace
>God tier

>Accounting
>Not God tier

Aerospace had basically zero job growth.
>>
>>77805776
Electric engy here. I have a real passion for black magic.
>>
>Engineering above Physics or Math

Topkek. The list might be mostly accurate, but engineers aren´t at the top. They mostly just use the tools and ideas coming from math and physics. Without these, the engineers couldn´t do much.

When you look into the "research and development" area, which is responsible for mankinds technological improvement, then you have the engineers just as a labour work force for physicists, while the physicists also create knew methods/technologies for engineers, medicine/pharma, chemistry or biology.
>>
>>77806765
About 22.

Not at all.

Ita a desk job, i mostly make calls and send emails
>>
>>77806582
No debt here either and own a nice house three vehicles with five kids. I went to college but I also became an electrician and did construction before and while in school. It's doable depending on your area.
>>
>make it to unbelievable tier

Welcome to PowerPoint
>>
>he works hard while living in a western heaven on Earth where you dont have to do shit and still get handed everything to you on a silver platter

lol
>>
File: 1418372199479.png (75 KB, 239x204) Image search: [Google]
1418372199479.png
75 KB, 239x204
>>77806977
Right now?

Can I at least wait to see if Trump wins or not?
>>
Bio med eng student so no worries here
>>
File: accountant.png (1011 KB, 988x666) Image search: [Google]
accountant.png
1011 KB, 988x666
>>77806978
>accounting
>literally just counting other jews money
>most boring thing ever

JUST
>>
File: 420 ages.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
420 ages.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>77805776
>I'm pursuing political science/international relations

psychologist here (major). could have been worse.

regarding pol sci, its nto and useless degree is you persue politics, desptie what stem thing. STEM people are generally quite the meatheads so I wouldnt change place that quickly.

work can be found my psychology, but nowhere as easy as STEM - duh!
>>
>>77805776
Tfw masters in chemical and bachelors in electrical engineering.
>>
>>77807257
Adding to my post to specify that my house is paid in full and I pay cash for my cars. I trade them in once the warranty is up. The cars I purchase are generally 45-50k.
>>
>>77805776
>tfw studied social sciences
>tfw didn't put any work
>tfw partied through 5 years of bachelor and master
>tfw wrote tumblr tier bullshit in my thesis
>tfw got offered a phd position
>tfw got a cozy government job straight out of uni
>tfw great pay, mostlly women coworkers in their 20s

Get cucked stemfags. Have fun studying your autism and then get an entry level job at shitfuck university because nobody cares that you can solve a differential equation of print hello world in python.
>>
>>77806582
lol studying medicine and its pretty shit job with the lowest income ever

fuck my lyfe
>>
>>77806926

>no autistic STEM neckbeards
What you see as autistic is for others just way above average IQ

>full of chill dudes and hot girls
So average intelligence people with average desires and some fucktoys sitting around

>piss easy, I spent my days chilling and didn't have to revise for anything
average difficulty level for average desires and average capabilities

>I'm my own boss now and 50% of my work is done in my cozy homeoffice wearing sweatpants
Thats actually very good, but you´d be a fool to believe that this isn´t possible for nearly everybody else. If a history and english teacher can work from home, then it can´t be that hard to achieve...

>top tier salary, lifelong employment.
True, thanks to germanys retarded system in that regard.

>inb4 butthurt STEM fag detected

I´m doing my phd in physics and am very happy. Good pay will come after I´m finished, work in big projects also for CERN and the likes and could easily switch to "teaching" whenever I desired.
>>
>>77807439
>got a cozy government job straight out of uni

that isnt as promising as you might think, I also work for the gov, you have to keep your mouth shut and think before you act all the time (a good skill to aquire tbih) but you loose the independance factor
>>
>>77807439
Do people in Europe abuse the education over there or is it more of a minor problem? I'd love to see the USA go back to more of a free market so the tuition goes down. Way too many people in the system currently.
>>
>>77807517

>inb4 butthurt STEM fag detected
Nah man, that was actually a pretty reasonable response by chan standards
>>
I'm an electrian. got payed through my whole 4 year apprenticeship. worked 10 months then went to college for 2 months 4 years. classes were paid for by my union. good wage. no debt. work and have money for the house,boat and trailer white family meme. gain experience as you learn. why arnt there more trades bros on /pol/ everyone is stem master race
>>
>>77807516
>medicine
>low pay

Like as a doctor? Because that's fucked if so man.

If you're a nurse...well...that's nursing. I was going to study it (paramedics) but the pay turned me off and it wasn't in my heart, I just had a knack for medical shit.
>>
>>77806926
dude, what do you work? nonStem meme here also
>>
>>77807517
Physics rarely pays well because theoretical doesn't do shit for real world applications.
>>
Depending on where you study it, Politics/IR is probably one of the better degrees.
>>
>>77807576
Lol, because everyone else here is just openly spreading redpill and naming the merchant?
Everyone has to keep their mouth shut and not say anythin controversial.
Even if you are self-employed, you are not safe.
>>
File: depressed.png (11 KB, 446x415) Image search: [Google]
depressed.png
11 KB, 446x415
>>77806599
:^)
>>
I work in stem and it is shit

All I really want to do is own a Porsche shop

Saving up so I can quit the wage slave life
>>
>>77805776
>Theology is shit tier.
>Theology students end up as priest or Monk outside of society.
Explain
>>
>>77806837
I'm assuming he means if you go in enlisted which takes a while to work your way up.
Officers have it pretty well made with great benefits and easily make six-figures.
>>
>>77807708
>Lol, because everyone else here is just openly spreading redpill and naming the merchant?
>Everyone has to keep their mouth shut and not say anythin controversial.

T.A.C.T.
a crucial skill you need to aquire in order to get anything done, and you wont learn it on pol

>Even if you are self-employed, you are not safe.

abolutly! selfemployment brings a false sense of security, however if it were selfemployemnt is USA it would have been a different thing
>>
>>77807714
That doesn't make sense, man.

In that scene he's mocking an enemy fleet commander for taking easy bait.
>>
>>77807635
That sounds absolutely terrible. I work in STEM and have to do zero budgeting. Buy what I want when I want, go where I want when I want when I want.

Constantly running out of money or caring that I would doesn't sound like a good time.
>>
>>77805776
Criminology. I know i'll end up in a police department or the army, but I really really like the stuff im studing. Im actually having fun while learning how much a nignog can chimpout, or how a kike can outjew their kin. And why we humans do so.
>>
>>77807842
>and you wont learn it on pol

You kind of do, spaghetti stories can teach valuable lessons.
>>
>>77807663
after 6 years of med school you make here from 2000-21000kc ~ 80e-800e, what is utershit

in one year ill be a hopefully a doctor but im never gonan do that job

plus on top of shitty salary you are with one foot in a jail if you fuck up something, and you do overtimes, its normal here that doctor works 36-48 hours in a row. WITHOUT any extra pay

and nursing here is the another thing i do not understand, nurses work for like 300e
>>
>studied city planning
>every city in America has like three city planners
>graduated from a top planning school with 6 people

It took me 15 months to find a real job. I had to bartend in the meantime.
>>
I'm split between Geography, Geophysics and Geology
I got autism for geography, maps and shit but I also like the aspect of Geophysics and the fucking amazing salary
I don't know what to do
>>
where does meteorology rank? Being a Climatologist is pretty comfy.
>>
I'm a union hvac service tech, and I live in Silicon Valley so I do alot of service work at tech companies.

Before I started I went to college for a year in electrical engineering with a minor in mathematics because I thought I wanted to be a programmer. So fucking glad I chose hvac instead of that bullshit. These tech companies have pretty cool perks such as: a gym, small movie theatre, free drinks/food most of the time, free bike rentals, rec rooms etc

Sounds all good, until you see what they actually do all day. They sit in a quiet room staring at a computer screen all day long. Under pressure, expected to produce all the while being surrounded by pooinloos and beta gooks. The girls who work here have nice clothes/cars and make good money yet have 0% interest in other techies mostly because they are nerds. I cannot tell you how many girls I flirt with during the workweek.

Point is they have all these perks so you don't kill yourself from boredom due the the soul sucking work that they perform. Shitty life to live imo
>>
>>77807884
I like my study too, I'm in a similar vein.

I don't think there's much of a "private sector" for what we're into but counter terrorism is a growing market.
>>
>>77805776
how come u niggers never include AI
>>
>>77807940
What do you do as a city planner?
I applied for an internship at my city planning office but they never replied (fuckin cunts)
>>
I'm in the military and get to fuck your girl.
>>
>>77808005
Probably with Geography
>>
>>77807671

True, but barely anybody does phyiscs because they want big money. At least not in germany. Here everybody would laugh at you for studying something just because it pays well.
>>
>>77807252
So you're a 1099-T insurance salesman.
>>
>>77807203
it's a list of employment prospects. many physicists and mathematicians end up teaching, you might have graduated with a good degree but many people who do those subjects do not. in terms of employment prospects and average salary, engineering is far above the physical sciences and maths. it's anecdotal but i know several people on six figures who graduated with shit tier engineering degrees, while all those i can think of who graduated with a mediocre physics or maths degree are teaching or doing something completely unrelated to that field, generally in low paying fields with little hope of progression, their degrees are worthless. there are a few i know who work in finance and have high 6 figure or 7 figure salaries, but they graduated from oxbridge or top-ranked courses, not from the former polytechnic of north east lanarkshire.

>>77807252
good for you but you're the exception, not the rule. as i said, most non-college jobs with high salaries are incredibly physically draining and the equivalent STEM salary will involve far less work.
>>
>>77805776
Why isn't criminal justice God tier? Someone has to put these niggers in jail.
>>
>>77805776
>muh engineering
>>
>going to university to learn how to earn a salary
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>77808137
meme degree man
>>
>>77807973

As a physicist, I tell you do geophysics. It will be very hard and time consuming, but your mind will be so sharpened, many other things in life will become way easier and you´ll be able to understand other subjects easier.

I can read through biology, chemistry, medicine, anatomy, politics or economics, it´s rather easy. I could never do that this well if I would have studied a subject which focuses on just memorizing stuff.
>>
>>77807635
£26k is fuck all lad
>>
>>77806582
Fuck you, this meme is getting old. Tell us what you do now or fuck off.
This is going to be the new tits or gtfo
>>
>>77805776

Political science is a women's studies tier major. Unless you're just driven to orgasm by 50 years of electoral history and hearing every dimwitted classmate's opinion about said events, give it a pass. At the very least do history or anthropology instead, it's at least real. Better advice would be to keep your passion as a hobby, that way you don't become jaded about it. I majored in history before moving on to other shit. All it really did was make it impossible for me to enjoy all the pleb-tier history bullshit they put on tv.

>>77808073

>I'm in the military and I haven't heard about military wives.

I've got some bad news for you, chad.
>>
>>77807973
Whatever you do, make it a point to study GIS as well. The only reason I landed my current job is by knowing every stupid aspect of that program.
>>
>>77805776

I was also thinking about doing the same but I don't know if I could get a job with a major in poli Sci and a minor in int'l relations. Like would it be more or less useful than a liberal studies degree?
>>
File: 1431187000046.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431187000046.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>77805776
>tfw my job isn't even on the list
>>
I am in bioinformatics, I think it was the right career choice
>>
>>77808254
How much schooling do you think I should go through?
Money really isn't an issue for me when it comes to college loans so I was planning on getting my masters and seeing where that gets me.
>>
Where would Nutrition fall on that list brehs, would it fall under life sciences? It's my only real passion and I just got the grades to study it at uni.
>>
>>77808326
I almost got an internship in high school at my local GIS office because of my Geography scores but I never took it because I was occupied with athletics.
It's basically learning coding right?
>>
>>77808053
There are too many things to explain in a half decent manner. I do the street renderings for the master plans and do a fair amount of research. Most my job is researching actually.
>>
Is a degree in int'l relations/public affairs any good?
>>
>>77805776
Biomedic engineer here,feels god man
>>
File: yep.jpg (63 KB, 1140x890) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
63 KB, 1140x890
>>77805776

Mech Eng masters grad here. Now get paid very well to test drive cars for a living.

>mfw
>>
>>77805776
There is a difference between taking something because you enjoy having conversations about it or reading about it, and taking something for employment.

Here is a pro tip about pretty much all of the arts: people like them! Everyone! That guy taking comp sci? He probably reads books, saw the movie of his favourite book and talks about it with his friends. The difference is he also wants to learn a skill that makes him employable.

If you choose to be trained in a field that could be reclassified as "be an informed human", there will not be any jobs in it except to teach it to others.
>>
>>77808375

Good question, I don´t really know how your university system works. In germany, when you go for a "of science" degree, you´ll to the masters basically everytime. After your masters, you can do a PhD which will take you 3-4 years usually. I know regarding master/phd it is a bit different in the US, because in Germany, you have the bachelors after 3 years and then masters additional 2 years.

Either way, I would never recommend stopping after a bachelor degree. But you really should find out how much do you like the subject and if you like the jobs you can do afterwards. Liking you job is key, everything else comes second.
>>
>>77807348

>Not being a degree in accounting
>Not going into banking
>Not going into investment banking
>Not quite literally becoming the Jew yourself

JUST
>>
>>77808627
<Not realising the financial sector is undergoing degree inflation
>>
Psychology (B.Sc at least) aint that bad for redpilling people and becomming like pic related.
>>
File: 1465399055060.png (293 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1465399055060.png
293 KB, 633x758
>tfw political science student
JUST
>>
>>77805776
Law in the us is either God or shit tier depending on the school you go to/job you get- not a ton of middle ground.

Law and justice provides no background for police work- in most places (including most major cities) you only need a hs diploma to get on the force.

I've even heard that pds don't like l&j majors because they come onto the force with their own ideas of how to do stuff.
>>
>>77807661

The average /pol/ack is autistically intelligent, going into STEM is a natural course
>>
>>77808208

Agreed
>>
>>77808620
It's kinda difficult because getting a Ph.D in America can take a long time.
I'm transferring to the nearest school that offers Geophysics and staying there until after my masters.
It's in the mountains and they do a ton of research in related fields so I will hopefully get a job at the university.
Also, thanks for the tips German bro
>>
>tfw Biology

I'm a STEM too, g-guys!
>>
Ancient Languages here.
Who cares about work, anyway?
;_;
>>
>>77805776
>have a friend doing exactly what youre doing
>he visits /pol/
>recently was promoted from making 0 dollars and working a lot all the time, to making 0 dollars and working a lot every so often
kek
>>
>>77807348

There is more to it than that, but it depends on who you deal with. Currently dealing with a 3 Restaurant chain who we get 5k from every month. Can be busy at times but it is usually walkover.

Easy money.
>>
Dropped out of college after two years, landed a job in management with no experience and relatively short work history.

Being attractive and well-spoken will get you much farther than you think it will.
>>
I went to school a while ago now, but even back in like 2006-2007, I could see the writing on the wall. I spent the entirety of middle and highschool in schools that spent every waking minute cramming the "you need to go to college!" meme down everyone's throats. Even though the school was full of dindus and plenty of dumb poor people too. I saw through the bullshit then. And I went to college and saw all these people getting meme degrees in psychology and english and shit, and I knew where that was heading.

Luckily I always had a penchant for science, so I ended up studying pharmacy because the job market was really good and because it's a topic that interests me. So now I'm pharmacist making really good money.
>>
>>77808721
you wanted this senpai
>>
>>77808701

>Not understanding that this is a Jewish trick to scare away goyim from muh shekels
>>
>>77808892
Oh shit what are you doing!
>>
>>77806582
Hello fellow unionized skilled labor.
>People fell for the college meme
My sides
>>
>>77805776
BA, it's good tho, uni teaches you more than just subject matter
>>
Would have been funny if instead of dad it said ball. rofllollmaof
>>
>>77808701

>Make like an American road and meme to the right, brother.
>>
>>77808946
I don't fucking care anymore desu. It's not that I have tumblr fags or so much political correctness, its just that its fucking worthless degree that I chose because I didn't fucking care at the time.

Now I have to give myself up to a fucking ABC agency just to get by like a real human.
>>
Environmental Sciences
did I do okay?

>>77809024
Im sorry you missed the part where he lied about what he does. He has no skills.
>>
>>77806599
If you have political aspirations then I highly recommend taking classes in the school. You need to have perfectly honed communication skills.
>>
>>77805776
>military
>shit
Fuck off. If more people were conscripted into the army then literally everything would be better.
Military education was the best decision I ever made. It is literally education you get payed to do and later you get a payed guaranteed never ending job offer where you can only go up.
>>
>>77808971
Latin and Ancient Greek and Egyptian and Sumerian...it's a paradise.
I am now at Informatic Technology, but I want to change back to Ancient Languages.
My dream is to earn money just with pen and paper
>>
>>77805776
I majored in polisci. Worked in service jobs for a while, had a stint in ins., now am teaching English in Asia.

Could be worse- I graduated college early (at 20). I'm 22 now- when I'm back stateside I'll be 23-24 with 22-40~k in the bank (American) depending on if I stay 1 or 2 yrs.

Flirting with the idea of law school (took the LSAT on the 6th) and I was doing well on my practice tests (normal range of 172-6) but I'd have to borrow an assload of money, prospects are bad even for kids at good schools and best case scenario the hours are long and the work is stressful- I may go for an MPA/MPP or put a downtown payment on a house and rent out rooms to college kids.

I might become a police office- starting pay is 69k-six figures in five years in the city I grew up in; hours aren't too bad either.
>>
>>77808892
Latin=Secure job.
Really is not that bad m8,there are so few latin teachers, that unemployment is close to 0, even in spain
>>
>>77809137

Is global warming real?
>>
>cyber security
>good tier

OP this field is God tier
>>
>>77809024
>meme
Have fun when you're 40+ and by fun I mean popping painkillers and doing physiotherapy all the time, eventually collapsing at 50 or so
>>
>>77805776

>civil engineering
>great

You know who else doesn't appreciate infrastructure? Niggers.
>>
>wildlife
>studying and managing the resources god provided to us when He created the Earth 6,000 years ago
>shit-tier

Listen here you fucking faggot. Wildlife is perhaps the most based profession possible. The world of men is corrupt and evil, but all animals are inherently red-pilled and innocent of crime.
>>
>>77805776
Don't pursue your passion, pursue your talent/the money.

I am very passionate about retiring at 40 on a passive income higher than most people make working 40 hours.
>>
>firefighter
>work 120 days a year
>starting salary 48k
>good health, dental, health insurance
>defined benefit retirement that i only contribute 50 cents per pay
>started out with 13 vacation days
>starting paramedic program at no cost to me

All with a high school diploma

It's basically being in a frat with no booze. It's a good job and I enjoy dealing with the degenerates of my city. It makes life interesting.
>>
>>77809202
Is it?
Are you in Spain now?
Well, here Latin teachers have been unemployed for six or seven years.
Our school system is collapsing, but nobody seems to care
>>
Also:

>Psychology
>Shit tier

How did anyone come to that conclusion?
>>
>get a degree in History
>realise Uni is about contacts not about education
>got a £36,000 a year graduate job in the UK Civil Service
I know guys who did STEM at Uni and got shitty graduate jobs, it's all about who you know
>>
>>77806599

Finishing up a semester of International Relations/Foreign Language

The career path for those set of skills is pretty set (i.e. Intelligence/DFAT/Diplomat), it just seems really inflexible to me now.

I think I'm gonna switch it up next semester and do CompSci, even though I'm horeshit at math.
>>
I did military for 6 years, I've worked a lot of mechanical and maintenance jobs, odd jobs, driving trucks, forklifts, working on printing presses, and other stuff. I'm getting paid to go to college and learn about making movies and TV shows, which is what I'd like to do. But if I fail, I'll fail big. I'll go back to working for the city at the water treatment plant.
>>
Also, US posters, a friend of mine told me that Latin teachers are gold in your country, expecially in evangelical/catholic communities
Is it so?
>>
>>77805776
Is it worth getting a masters in mechanical engineering?
>>
>>77809369
Everyone who thinks it's obligatory to go to college but doesn't actually want to do anything gets a psychology degree.

It's a way overly saturated field.
>>
taking a break from school rn because 2expensive4me

BUT yes and no

i love marketing, finance, general business, economics, comp sci, and foreign languages

>german studies minor (lots of comp lit and german lit/language courses)
>entrepreneurship minor
>econ major

think since im already gonna be like 26 by the time i finish i might as well take on a comp sci double major, especially considering my remaining econ courses (prob like 4-5 or so) are extremely difficult to place into because of seniority and general politics that i hate playing

been taking comp sci courses online at edx.org to prep myself

had a great econ professor once, basically told me and our class that if you want to make money with econ you should pair it with something else, like applied mathematics or... comp sci
>>
>>77809369

It is literally pseudo neuroscience. Neuros are already making strides in understanding human behaviour, Psychology will become irrelevant when they figure out how to map the brain.
>>
>>77809256
this guy knows whats up. Gifford Pinchot my nigga
>>
>>77807252
m8 are you acquiring any useful skills at least? don't know what it's like in america, but over here jobs like that don't last forever. the company will undergo changes and will scrap your position, or you'll get sick of it in a few years' time and start craving something more fulfilling

anyway, like I asked, are you acquiring any useful skils?
>>
File: supreme1428515536406.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
supreme1428515536406.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
>>77809369
>Also:
>>Psychology
>>Shit tier

if it werent for the PC infection on it, it would have been the most based sci there is.

also

>tfw cognitive psychology is booming right now

AI when?

t. psy major
>>
File: gekko.jpg (34 KB, 468x455) Image search: [Google]
gekko.jpg
34 KB, 468x455
>>77809256
"That's the one thing you have to remember about WASPs: they love animals and hate people."
>>
>>77809484
I wasn't raised Catholic, but a friend of mine was, he still knows more Latin than Spanish, and he grew up in Beaner central, South Texas.
>>
>>77809369
Common knowledge
>>
>>77809637

>if it werent for the PC infection on it, it would have been the most based sci there is.

If your aunt had a big hairy cock she'd be your uncle
>>
File: DSC00688.jpg (1 MB, 1875x2500) Image search: [Google]
DSC00688.jpg
1 MB, 1875x2500
>>77809256
>FOR EXAMPLE

I get to work around the symbol of our great nation EVERY FUCKING DAY
>>
accountancy is the kind of job you do when you have literally no ambition and just want to get a boring job so you can earn shekels and buy an expensive car you dont need
>>
>>77809555
a masters in engineering is always worthwhile, it's practically a necessity here in the UK
>>
I was taking a biology degree wanting to get a master's in biological engineering.

Now I'm working a minimum wage hoping to get into a medical lab tech program
Am I shit tier?
>>
File: the more you know.png (851 KB, 1280x931) Image search: [Google]
the more you know.png
851 KB, 1280x931
>>77809595
>Psychology will become irrelevant when they figure out how to map the brain.

this is like those transhumanistic fedoras that freeze themselves saying

>once we learn X we will live forever

a huge oversimplyification and brutalisation of cognition. if it werent for cognitive psy neuroscince woudl be spinning i circles as it did for years.

>>77809714
psychology was a solid for against egalitarianism. intelligence is a very scinetific constuct evne today. look up how many AmRen people are psychologist and how many are STem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1irJODW9atU
>>
>>77807355
>psychologist here (major)
>could have been worse

it really is hard to do worse than that

>>77809637
>if something wasn't the way it was it'd be different

I didn't know croats could be this stupid
>>
>>77807728
you need a franchise license

>you're never getting one, faggot
>>
>>77809851

What happened to the masters?

Undergrad here and I love biology but I really don't want to get fucked, is there hope?
>>
>not doing business
>not getting into management and having an easy career path to area/regional managers jobs worth 120k+ within 5 years
>>
>Petroleum Engineering
>Unbelievable Tier

>Mechanical Engineering
>Great Tier

kek
>>
File: worktier.jpg (69 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
worktier.jpg
69 KB, 550x400
Daily reminder that if you go to college you are wasting your time and are literally paying money to be a cuck.
>>
>>77809826
Cool. I'm finishing up a bachelors soon. I'm thinking of working for a couple of years then going back to get a masters.
>>
>>77809913
bugar cygani.
>>
Accounting master race. I literally run the company division im at. Boss is engineer. I tell him whether his ideas work or not and create business strategies for division as a whole. Pretty cool desu
>>
>>77807348
Every once in a while there's a thread with fucktards who will never understand money, nor the money behind money.
>>
>>77810044
Of course you do, son.
>>
Going for Comp Sci, but thinking about changing it down the road to maybe Poli Sci or Economics. Only problem with Political Science, despite me being very passionate about politics, is that it's pretty saturated with a bunch of communist neck beards who want to kill the rich, and don't actually know anything.
>>
>>77809948
My Adhd started getting in the way, I couldn't see a successful path even if I did succeed. Maybe there is a winning move there, maybe you have to just not be me
>>
>>77809804

Yes. Go into accounting to become the Jew yourself. We've established that
>>
>>77810018
I can see where all that money for a pseudo science diploma went

what language is that even supposed to be? the fucking mouth breathers on here, I swear
>>
>>77809642
There's hope, after all.
My friend, I must say it: American education involving Latin is utterly embarassing.
Seriously, apart from memes and banter
>>
>>77809922
also that's not even considering the several million dollars in inventory you're going to need and need to prove before you get the license you're not getting anyway

>>77810044
nice dubs. your job sounds badass as fuck, i've thought about accounting.

what's your job title called, how would you recommend someone going for something similar?
>>
>>77810094
>Only problem with Political Science, despite me being very passionate about politics, is that it's pretty saturated with a bunch of communist neck beards who want to kill the rich, and don't actually know anything.

*a major problem

study philosophy, pol sci is msotly quackery, philosophy gives you a far stronger background

>>77810190
>pseudo science
>a discipline that decides who will be meat for cannons and who will work for intelligence

#laughingatmeatheads
>>
>>77809975
>Criminal
>Great tier
>>
>>77810094
one day, anon... fascism will make a comeback

hang in there
>>
>>77810333
you might have the 'tism

100% serious right now
>>
File: tony-blair.jpg (19 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
tony-blair.jpg
19 KB, 460x288
>Tfw studied History
>Tfw working as a lobbyist for a huge company
>Tfw free trips around the country, free stuff and quarterly bonuses
>Tfw options to move into working directly inpolitics, law or similar because of the skills
>Tfw social and have all the positive traits that comes from being in a high intensity interaction environment
>Tfw a load of STEM babies who sit in their offices typing code which will soon get outsourced to India think they're better than me
>>
>>77809246
I never intended to live past 55 so that's alright with me.
>>
>>77809357
>13 vacation days

Is this a mistype or a meme? Even the shittest jobs in the UK give you at least 25 days paid leave a year.

You're having me on right?
>>
>>77809975
I'm 30.
I'm choosing to go to college because I want to.
>>
>>77810847
what study?
>>
I'm planning in 4+ years to move to the northen USA to be with my aryan tier frau, and I am not sure what skills or degree to get myself in the meanwhile to land a good job there.

Currently I am in the military, and thought I would tango in a uni for either a english-french or sports bachelor degree, but I remain unconvinced.

Should I learn something more practical and in need?
I will soak up as many military courses I can get, maybe even manage to grab a chance for a tour in Astan, but how much will that grab the eye of employers?

What would best play out?
>>
>>77805776

Chemistry/philosophy major here, with actal business experience at a real job. At this point i can pursue whatever i want to.

> Money to pay student loans and have no debt
> Hard science skills to do STEM work
> Strong philosophy background means I'm a god amongst the uninformed wageslaves
> Actual business experience means i can work for more than one company, in more than one capacity, meaning i'll never have to worry about not being able to find work
> Actual business experience kills the autism
> Going for med school, going to be a redpilled emergency surgeon

Now if pol would stop sucking my desire to live, i would enjoy my life a lot more >:(
>>
>>77810920
I posted earlier, Environmental science.

Ideally, I'd like to work for the national prk service or anything /out/
>>
>it's the "STEM autists circlejerk how superior they are" episode
>>
>>77811201
seems like you already set your mind to, go study pshilosophy you wont regret it if you are financially stable

>>77811068
>Chemistry/philosophy major here

apolonical and dionizical in one person. nice!
>>
I work in a water treatment plant. Not sure what tier that is.
>>
>>77808326

I have a masters in GIS

It's in high demand in Canada, especially in government jobs

Do it!
>>
>>77811558
Thats part of environmental sciences
>>
I just want a job I can be good at and where the company needs me more than I need it
>>
Hi
>>
Studying art, focussing on painting and animation, with minor in art history. Thinking of adding psychology as a double major. Every now and then consider switching to become a lawyer.

130 psychologist tested iq here. I'm smart enough to do a lot of things, but the thought of doing anything else kind of terrifies me. I'm pretty terrified sinking money into art too with the whole homeless-liberal-arts meme. Let's assume I actually am talented.

I wasn't really given any guidance about what to choose. Just studying what i'm both interested in and good at and hoping it all works out.
>>
File: r31.jpg (83 KB, 571x683) Image search: [Google]
r31.jpg
83 KB, 571x683
>>77805776

I have no problems with Mech Eng being Great tier, but fuck if nuclear/petrol engy, mathematics, software engy tech, astro/geo/physics is greater.

With those ranking criteria, it does not make sense.
>>
>>77809140
To be honest, this is a bullshit response. I am military and have worked for over 10 years before joining the military. I take online pol sci because I deploy and tdy often, also live in midwest. Communicating with 20 year old idiots about the reddit thread they were in last night telling them berni is best isn't going to 'build communication skills'. You only need to buy into that shit if you're a live at home fucking neet prior to going to college. >>77806599
Don't listen to this guy I just responded to
>>
>>77805776
Suicide Tier foreign language here, while I already have a job lined for when I finish my master I'm going to travel and put this shit to use.
>>
>>77811890
What does your degree provide you that you could not have learned through independent study?
Will having a degree, rather than a portfolio and having art shows, in any way increase your earning potential?

Artists can make a living; I am friends with two who both make around 50-60k selling their art. However they treat it like what it is: their job. They both spend at least 50 hours per week either making product to sell (painting, usually), going around to businesses to let them hang their works for sale or having art shows (which also lets them sell).
>>
>>77808443

Some of it is, but it's mostly just python scripts within The ArcMap environment

My job doesn't use any
>>
>>77805776

>tfw Poli Sci major and a VP of finance
>mfw engineering peons ask for raises beyond their yearly 10% despite zero change in function or work load
>World Headquarters wants them all replaced with Pajeet

Who the fuck falls for the STEM meme in 2016? Come to the SKILLED social science side and intern in college. Pajeet and Chang can't into social sciences, but they're all coming for STEM. They can't think critically.
>>
>>77805776
>>you can only find a job in stem, engineering, or computer fields
After the requirements to both have an internship to graduate when most internships are diversity hiring, when there's so many fucking articles telling HR to hire more women in STEM or minorities in STEM, when everything is geared against white men in STEM...

...getting a job easily in STEM is virtually a test of where you sit on the progress privileged vs oppressed hierarchy stack. Absolutely nothing meritocratic about STEM. The worst part is white men are the most likely to enjoy STEM. It's not oppressive that they're eager to do it, it's just their nature.

I say this often, but the worst part about STEM are the people with absolutely nothing to do with it.
>>
>>77811909
Electrical here. Mechanicals get payed 15k less than us starting in FL.
>>
>>77806926

Things related to this:
Your English/History/Teaching degree

>PICK NONE
>>
>>77812484

What if you're a hot stud of a guy and make those HR womyn drip when your interview comes up?
>>
>>77812309
I'm studying the painting part to aquire more skills in that medium, but as for product, I really want to utilize that within digital art and animation. I'd like to make short animated films, both with characters and abstract stuff. Maybe work with some people on some cartoons in the art and character design dept.

So to answer your question, I think I do learn quite a bit from these teachers, but I'm not sure if I'd learn as well or quickly on my own; though I haven't really ever tried to set my mind to that. Building up a portfolio seems to be the most important thing I assume. I feel mlre comfortable though having access to people who can critique me constantly.
>>
>>77812348
The Chinese are actually the ones taking the most social science courses

International Relations with a focus on business.
>>
>>77812694
>pick teaching degree

ftfy
>>
>>77812695
Enjoy being sexually harassed by fatties and not being able to do anything about it.
>>
>>77805776
I was a CompSci major who dropped out because Commiefornia is retardedly expensive and I was living under the tyrannical rule of a self-destructive single mother. Joined the military and haven't looked back since.

>everyone I know is working below their qualification or not working at all
>most if not all are living with parents or on parent's dime
>I got three years of college done with zero debt thanks to Pell Grant, but am frankly in no rush to finish it

Gonna work as a DoD civilian in a few years and put my skills to use and finish my degree at my own pace. The reason I'm waiting is because CS is really a 5-6 year degree in terms of credits (at least within the CA college system) so I have a lot ahead of me still. Thankfully, the government cares more about experience and being a veteran.
>>
>>77812484
>living in the west
>>
>>77812723
> "I'm not sure if I'd learn as well or quickly on my own; though I haven't really ever tried to set my mind to that."

Every time you apply for a job and don't get it, remember that the successful applicant probably did set their mind to it and that's why they are employed.

You have two career options (within the arts). Either you can be self employed, creating (and selling) your own art; or you work for someone else. If you are working for someone else you will end up specializing - do you want to do storyboard? Animation? Et cetera.

If computer work is your thing, the big companies are the best place to go - Pixar, for example, does pay people $80k/year with a ton of benefits to make sure the walk cycles look pretty and the movies are good. These jobs are highly competitive however, and usually entail making $14/hour for a few years first (and sometimes never getting out of that). You are a computer monkey that makes someone else's dream live.

If you want to be self employed and produce your own art, you have freedom. Make sure that you won't use that freedom to be lazy, since then you will be a starving artist. You need to have a portfolio if you want to get commissions, otherwise you are simply hanging stuff on walls and hoping it sells.

Look at what jobs are out there. When you find one you want, talk to someone who is already doing the job and ask them about it - what it is like and what it takes to become them.

Good luck. And remember, there is no substitute for hard work.
>>
I'm going 400K in debt to go to dental school the next 4 years. I hope it's worth the investment.
>>
>>77805776
bullshit list god and great tier can only exist and function if shit meh and good are working and on a good level..except some of them
>>
>>77812975

But it gets you the job, and you can just give them the cold shoulder while you have a hot, normal GF
>>
>>77813190
>>77812723
Also - watch this video. That is how everyone thinks in the real world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk
>>
>>77812695
You're less likely to be employed? That's the best way for HR to think you'll ""easily"" get a job elsewhere... Which is a belief held by every HR except male who are usually just jelly you're both attractive and intelligent.

BTW
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3054634/How-attractive-ruin-career-Good-looking-men-job-offers-intimidate-bosses-says-study.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/12039503/Being-a-good-looking-man-could-hinder-your-career-study-finds.html
http://www.cheatsheet.com/gear-style/job-hunting-one-time-it-actually-hurts-to-be-a-handsome-man.html/?a=viewall

Applying for STEM jobs as a white male is bizarre.

If you're too good, they won't hire you out of intimidation or fear you'll fuck off and then they've trained the opposition. If you're not good enough they won't hire you because they won't mind hiring the diverse hire who's only slightly worse. The real issue here is that it overlaps, so white men can't get jobs at all in STEM.

It's shit. The unemployment/underemployment is the worst in any field, the most frustrating thing is it's artificial because feminists don't like the stereotype. Literally just read the posts in this thread, add unhygienic plus sexually predatorial and you have what feminists feel about STEM grads, but only if they're white.

>>77813146
I only speak English and I'd be just as disadvantaged applying for jobs in countries I'm not a citizen in.

Feminism has fucked me. The message is clear, STEM is only for non whites or women.
>>
>>77813358
Thanks for all the advice, brother. I'll watch the vid with my morning coffee.
>>
>>77805776
>degrees are rated by employment, usefulness to market, salary, and environment
>degrees are rated by recent high school graduate
only one of these is accurate.
>>
Liars, lot of you! Dont you know it is a sin?
>>
>>77805776
Above ALL of these is
Jew Tier
>Private Banking, Central Banking, just fucking banking.
>>
>not majoring in pure mathematics
What are you, an idiot?
>>
>>77807203
you obviously know nothing about what engineers do
they dont just make whats on the blue prints they design the thing before they build it. even jobs just like architects just design the rooms and whatnot, its the civil engineers job to decide if its possible/how to make it
>>
>>77809975
>>77809975
Pic related, a hearty kek
>>
>>77813205
Rip
>>
Geography is probably one of the most misunderstood majors
>>
>>77814291
>majoring in maths
Why do you want to be jobbles?
>>
>>77816361
I was right, you are an idiot
>>
>>77810342
>Russian mob trying to keep competition from sprouting
>>
What can you do as someone who studied physics?
>>
File: 1338351065116.jpg (272 KB, 1224x683) Image search: [Google]
1338351065116.jpg
272 KB, 1224x683
>>77805776
Studying 3D/2D animation here.

At least I know if all else fails I can draw for furries and take their money to draw degenerate shit.

Why do furries have so much money anyway?
>>
File: 1462617643968.jpg (34 KB, 511x640) Image search: [Google]
1462617643968.jpg
34 KB, 511x640
History, Political Science, Philosophy, and English are not bad if you can use them to get into Law School.

Otherwise, yeah - they are pretty shit.
>>
>>77805776
>chemistry
Enjoy your corrosions
>>
>>77817596
They use their parent's money
>>
File: 1465870740760.png (679 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1465870740760.png
679 KB, 720x1280
>>77805776
>>77817596

I'm studying illustration. I quite enjoy it and I kinda feel like a spy for /pol/ in such a liberal school. It's such a bizarre place. I see pic related on a regular basis. I wish I was lying.

I'm hoping to get into scientific illustration/wildlife art. It's hard, but if you have a passion for something you can make it work. Nothing worth doing is ever easy.
>>
>>77817169
>300k starting
>any job i want
Teaching is a nobel thing to do anon, don't be upset
>>
>>77805776
International business
I don't really like it but I the school I go to is a business school and I can go to that school for free and it's a pretty good school so I'll role with it. I wanted to go to med school but I'm not a amazing at math so I figure I might try to go into law if I can because I like law
>>
>>77818958
If you get a phd in pure mathematics youre can get a job in a hedgefund doing quant data analysis EASILY, thatll make more than most jobs
>>
>>77819405
>pure mathematics
>data analysis
I think you meant applied maths
>>
>>77812309
>>77812723

Artist here. Are they still starting out? Because if they worth their salt they should be hearing from clients and galleries about hosting their work, instead of having to hunt for it. They should be entering competitions as well for various guilds, societies and magazines.

The art world is all about networking, yes there's many self taught artists but if you go art school, ask questions and make nice with the teachers you'll have a far easier time finding work.

I learned a lot of from one on one instruction I otherwise wouldn't have, tips and tricks that have been passed down, demos and what not. I work better with a deadline looming over my head as well. Depending on what field of art your going into having a degree will help. If it's fine art no, but if it's design it will.

People seem to have an idea that being artist you don't work long hours. Almost all do or they split studio time with teaching. It's always been that way, unless you luck out and become famous, or become an art director later in life.
>>
Who else went into the trades, I'm a crane operator and welder, crane is pretty fucking based but I hate welding which I seem to do more of because I'm new, kind of wish I went to college tho, seems like everyone who went to college is making way more than me, plus women turn their heads as soon as they find out you never went
>>
>>77819585
There are two options to doing data analysis:
Get a phd in pure math
Do applied math and computer science
They somestimes hire physicist phds too because they training is relevant
Source: my friends who work at hedgefunds
>>
>>77805776
>tfw didn't do so well in the exams i probably won't be accepted to Chem eng.
Holy fuck i'm so angry at myself. My family tells me to chose something else but i really want to study what i like + one year isn't that long right? Would working in McD for one year make not want to study?
>>
File: image.png (37 KB, 589x534) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37 KB, 589x534
>>77805776
The 'What job makes me the most shekels' Thread

Daily reminder that if when choosing a career, you only focus on what makes you the most money, you are in fact a jew.
>>
To be honest stem is a meme to. It has been hyped but its job prospects arent any better.
>>
>>77805776
I studied catholic theology and now going to become a priest. It's good pay.
>>
>>77805776
You forgot the health field in general OP. Plenty of health-related jobs will open up in the future due to the aging population.
>>
>>77809975
>hunter
>low tier
>>
>>77820147
>better be poor than have money
If you like something good paying job will give you an ability to practise that hobby.
>>
who else here into misc. computers?
>>
File: image.gif (213 KB, 600x509) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
213 KB, 600x509
>architecture
>meh tier
>>
Started to pursue electrical engy, hated the amount of physics so I jumped to ComSci.

Feels good to have a liking for jobs with good employment outlook. I already have a job as a maintenance technician and not even in 2nd year of schooling.
>>
>>77821219
justified
>>
>>77821219
it's okay bb
some indian will hire you
>>
>>77820286
>studied catholic theology
>to become a priest

Yeah ok
>>
>foreign languages
>suicide tier
Pick one.You can work as an interpreter, a translator,a guide, a receptionist and whatnot
>>
File: image.jpg (329 KB, 960x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329 KB, 960x750
>>77805776
>Studied history to teach
>Did a student exchange in Germany, where I somehow worked on old Luftwaffe aircraft for museums.
>Returned and got licenses to fix planes while finishing history degree.
>now work at an airline make 92k base with ridiculous Union benefits.
>Travel the world for free now to enjoy my 'hobby'
>Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>77805776
Nah, I'm a Networkfag. Aside from wanting to be a Historian for a brief period, my career aspirations were always grounded in reality. There's pretty decent opportunities for network engineers or sysadmins. My only fear is that I end up bound to the city life. I'd rather just fuck off to innawoods but the internet would suck.
>>
>>77805776
Aerospace Engy student reporting, with an emphasis on aircraft.
>>
Doing Medical Technology

Am I okay pol?
>>
How is the mech eng field and the biomedical eng field in terms of employment?
>>
File: r9k in a nutshell.jpg (1 MB, 800x8705) Image search: [Google]
r9k in a nutshell.jpg
1 MB, 800x8705
>lose my shitty service job
>can't really afford college
>NEET because I don't want to go back into service
>learning to code on my own
>have learned a lot
>everyone on 4chan tells me "omg u shouldn't do that it won't work"
>"I spent $40k on a degree and it didn't help so you won't be able to make it either!"
>have an online presence with decent stuff, portfolio
>starting to get recruiters bothering me
>guy I know just got hired 50k starting with benefits doing the same thing

feels pretty good man
>>
>>77821639
That's how it goes.
>>
>>77806978
Space is limitless m8.
>>
Someone should add self employed college drop out go the very top of OPs image.
If you graduate, you fail.
>>
>>77805776
>petroleum engineering
>god tier

At my all-STEM school Petros are the biggest dumbfucks around. The successful ones make a boatload, sure, but most of them are retards who can't into basic diff eq
>>
Guys, i got accepted into.

>Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
>combined english and chinese language

No idea which one to pick. Would like to study both but have to choose one. What do you think ?
>>
>>77805776
Who here is /economics major/
>>
>>77805776
What about firefighters?
>>
>>77821219
it really is for 80% of the people who apply for it. They all fall out or fail at it in the end even if they survive the 4 initial years at college
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 672x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 672x513
Subsea engineer here, ask me anything.
>pic related
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.