[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will we finally get a conservative version of The Daily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15
File: colbert-stweart-oliver-740x533.jpg (67 KB, 740x533) Image search: [Google]
colbert-stweart-oliver-740x533.jpg
67 KB, 740x533
When will we finally get a conservative version of The Daily Show/Colbert Report/Last Week Tonight?
I understand why it wouldn't have worked five years ago, but with the alt-right becoming popular it seems like comedy is more accepted in conservatism now.
>>
>>77779303
It's called The Daily Shoah
>>
>>77779303
It can only happen online. Mainstream media would never give us a platform like that.
>>
>>77779303
Conservatives wouldn't tune it cause they actually have jobs.
>>
The Rebel Media with Gavin McInnes is probably the closest thing to the conservative version of the daily show.
>>
Million dollar extreme
>>
It just comes off as hateful, and genuine conservative people don't consistently get off to that.
>>
The only problem I can think of is the lack of comedians and popular humorous personalities in conservatism.
Who could host it? Milo?
>>77779401
Fox News could show it. Some struggling cable channel like Spike could show it.
The idea has potential IMO.
>>
>>77779303
Mainstream media conservatives have no sense of humor.
>>
I remember reading an early interview from years ago with the creator of SNL. The interviewer was asked why he seems to only make fun of Republicans and never democrats and he said because republicans are Generally good sports and can actually take a joke. Whenever you insult democrats they freak out and attack the network and try to get you fired.

I think this is evident ally true and explains the heavy liberal bias in most art and entertainment. Any heavily left biased comedy is just ignored by conservatives. A heavily right wing comedy news show would he under constant attack from the left and probably not worth it to any network who would be interested
>>
>>77779982
Meant to reply to >>77779564
>>
>>77779798
that shit is so fucking gay

I swear sam is fucking living in his moms basement and he is like basically retarded
>>
>>77779303
Our humor cant be handled by mainstream.
>>
>>77780008
>A heavily right wing comedy news show would he under constant attack from the left and probably not worth it to any network who would be interested
Controversy sells
>>
>>77779303
>When will we finally get a conservative version of The Daily Show/Colbert Report/Last Week Tonight?

Never, because conservatives aren't funny to a broad enough audience
>>
There was a show like the daily show on fox years before red eye. It was terrible
>>
>>77779676
Oh yeah the McGregor lookalike
>>
Greg Gutfield
>>
>conservative version of popular liberal thing
Never going to get ahead if you're always running behind. I remember somebody tried a conservative Daily Show and it tanked. And someone tried liberal talk radio and it tanked.

That said, I think there's room for well-produced right-wing political comedy. It would need good writers, not meme-copiers, and talented, charismatic actors. but done right you'd have the internet explode with "LOOK AT THIS HOLOCAUST JOKE SOMEONE MADE WHY DON'T YOU GET ANGRY AND SPREAD PUBLICITY TOO." I think if it looked nice and not something from someone's phone it would give people the impression that "they" were behind it, that it was "official" somewhere, which would get them more angry.
>>
>>77779303
we are still the rebels in this shit, SOON FRIEND
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1035x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1035x621
I've been asking similar questions for a long time now.

The rough makeup of the US politically is 20% liberal, 30% conservative, and 50% centrist.

With that in mind you would think at some point some executive somewhere would realize they're leaving huge amounts of money on the table by alienating so many people and have the bright idea >hmm, maybe we ought to scale back the leftist shilling by about 80% and try to to be a bit more conservative or at least be more moderate.

But nope! Let's just continue driving away our audience in droves to alternative media sources and hasten our own demise.
>>
Conservatives rule the radio waves because the work and have to drive.

Talk Radio is also much harder to do than TV shows. You only have yourself and have to talk for four hours. No teams of writers. A true testament to conservative values.
>>
Conservatives have shit sense of humor. I am not saying every liberal comedian is hilarious. However, some are actually witty, whether or not you agree with their opinion. But what would /pol/ know about that? You get triggered as soon as a leftie make a joke about you. You also can't comprehend sarcasm or irony in general.

But yeah, let's blame the kike medias.
>>
>>77780410
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2014/02/03/snl-lorne-michaels-dems-cant-laugh-at-themselves -on-stewart-show-agenda-driven/
>>
>>77779676
you mean Gapin McAnus
>>
>>77779644
The lifeless faggots on here and on /r/the_donald would watch it.
That's like 300,000 people right there.
>>
It would just be conservatives making fun of trannies, meming about Trump, and tiptoeing around Israel so it doesn't get shut down.

shit tier idea, 1/10
>>
>>77780500
Hahahaha

Man

Hahaha

Ha

Hahahaha
>>
Conservative ideologies do not have simple appeal of the left, so complexity makes jokes difficult.

For Example, It's very easy for a lefty to make economic jokes, just make fun of rich people and organizations. This has simple appeal as we are envious in nature. There is no easy and simple target for a conservative in that scenario, as there isn't any easily and broadly understood enemy.
>>
>>77780985
You can absolutely simplify right-wing ideas. Where do you think you are? You normally don't because you're under the impression that if you're clear and precise they'll listen and understand.

>Anti-Jon Stewart reads a crazy-sounding news article title
>"Disgusting, isn't it? Complete degradation of our culture. You'd think we wanted to collapse."
>flips back a little bit
>"Wait a minute!"
>camera zooms in on his stupid grin and his finger pointed at the "Steinberg" on the article
>cue laugh track
>>
>>77780500
jj
>>
>>77779401
>>77779401
>>77779401
>It's called The Daily Shoah

This.
They're the people responsible for parentheses meme. Give it a try, goys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3ESkBxocA
https://radio.therightstuff.biz/2016/06/14/the-daily-shoah-89-allahu-gaybar/
>>
You have your right-wing comedy shows

They just happen to be on Youtube because people would get so triggered if it was on television on any network.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suxXHfuniF8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV11av4U26U

I could find more but I don't really follow these types.
>>
>>77780985
/pol/ posts simplify conservative ideas easier than libs comedy shows simplify their ideas.
>>
Individuals who are alt-right/anti-progressive/redpill do not watch television and rather generate their own comedy online at places such as this.
>>
>>77779303
It's called radio.
>>
>>77781738
Exactly, you can't insult Jews. You can only insult white people. Everyone knows the simple idea that white people were evil because of slavery and imperialism. No one would like that, you'd have to go into the complex reasons why Jews are bad etc.
>>
>>77779303
Red Eye doesn't count?
>>
>>77782309
Only on a construction level.
>>
It was called Tough Crowd, and it was cancelled at the behest of Stewart and his ilk around a decade ago.
>>
>>77782370
this. teevee is for fucking retards
>>
File: 1465106011898.png (122 KB, 452x456) Image search: [Google]
1465106011898.png
122 KB, 452x456
>>77779303

because all the networks where it would be appropriate are politically hard left.

Fox News I think tried to do it repeatedly, but it's just not appropriate on a news channel and it doesn't really work. Red eye? and greg gutfeld? He sucks.

since the Daily Show model is basically to run video of the opposite site acting like idiots, then goof on them, that's obviously the easiest shit ever to do right now for a conservative version
>>
>>77782420
The sheer audacity of it would get people laughing, especially after you take the time to explain the joke.
>>
>>77779303
TV is dying OP. Liberals cornered the market, but it's Conservatism/Alt-right which has exploded online.
>>
>>77782420
>you'd have to go into the complex reasons why Jews are bad etc.
But that's not funny.
The idea "white people caused slavery and imperialism" starts out as a small idea that the Daily Show waters and tends. There are other ideas in peoples' heads, like "why is it only fat black women who work at the DMV." Then there's the cognitive dissonance you have by someone saying the Holocaust was exaggerated. They wouldn't like it, but it would force a giggle at first. Then they'd show it to their friends and laugh at their friends' discomfort.
>>
>>77780410
>some are actually witty
Reminder that "Drumpf" was praised as a incredibly funny joke by liberals. They'll laugh at anything as long as it supports their views
>>
>>77780107
Exactly, because we're not afraid to take shots at race, religion, or any other "sensitive subject" the mainstream media is so afraid of. A douche like Seth MacFarlane can get away with it and so can Matt and Trey Parker but they still sprinkle their rhetoric with a touch of leftist banter to make it seem like they are still "good goys" also the fact that they make cartoons means they don't catch too much flack from the mainstream media for their humor as much as say tumblr. (*which not many give a fuck about being that tumblr is an oppression olympics cesspool and the simple fact that it's online *)
>>
>>77783003
*Matt Stone
forgot to write his last name in there. Oh well, I'm only used to refrencing them by their 1st names
>>
Someone give Milo a show, he's high energy, funny as hell, and really smart, it's almost a no brainer.
>>
>>77779303
Conservative satire doesn't work. Conservatives prefer their humor to be more physical (no it isn't the "conservatives are dumb, so they need easier humor" meme). Liberals prefer satire. Think of the kind of person who makes up each group. Your stereotypical liberal will probably think they're smarter than you, but just regurgitate something that they heard someone say once because it sounds smart or ridiculous (often completely missing key details or outright fabricating 'facts'). The smug, "look how smart I am", mentality is common to liberal idealogies, but rare for conservatives, so satire (which feeds this) will only work for liberals. That said, I miss Jon Stewart and Colbert. They had political opinions that were obvious, but the shows at least revolved around humor with a political agenda being second. The new Daily Show (Trevor Noah) and especially the Nightly Show (literally just "look at all these things I call racist with Larry Wilmore") focus almost exclusively on the political agenda and humor is an afterthought at best (if it's even there). I haven't seen le current year man's show yet, but I hear it's kind of the same. He'll probably occasionally get an issue right while butchering logic just so he can call Trump a racist. I hear Samantha Bee's show is the most like Jon Stewart's Daily Show, but I haven't seen it.
>>
It's called RED EYE
>>
>>77783318
This.
Everything about him is marketable except his opinions. Plus, he already has a large fanbase.
>>
>>77779303
Daily show is just a Jew pretending not to like Jewish Zionism, while in fact he does.
>>
>>77783391
an add for samantha b show had her saying the ar15 is a penis replacement (w/ laugh track cause haha penis) and whites are evil for wanting to keep them
its the same garbage
>>
>>77780408
That's a partial reason at best. A conservative listens to Rush Limbaugh's radio show for the same reason that a liberal watches the Night Show with Larry Wilmore. They just want someone to regurgitate their beliefs and make fun of anyone who disagrees. It's partially entertainment, but honestly, it's mostly just a form of mentally masturbating. A small part of why conservatives rule the radio is that the outrage/anger that is more common among conservatives doesn't need a video component (liberals generally misuse misleading figures/graphs which don't translate to radio). It could also be due to the age groups. Conservatives tend to be older and likely grew up with radio and prefer it. Liberals tend to be younger, and therefore comfortable with TV (this only applies to a small amount of conservatives as TV has existed for quite a while now). For some reason (really not sure why) radio works best with someone unapologetically saying things others might find offensive (which is a conservative MO), whereas liberals are more often to try and guilt you or be condescending (think of liberal talk radio, it's always some hippies or inexperienced college students bitching about things they don't understand). That said, this association might be an effect rather than the cause.

tl;dr: I dunno, but here are some guesses
>>
Gavin McInnes has a setup that is similar to those liberal shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg_GrEEcS4k
>>
>>77782282
Harmful Opinions is great, but he is a moderate center right fellow, if that. Not what I think of when I hear right wing. But I see your point, YouTube is a better platform than cable for this kind of stuff.

A right wing Netflix comedy would be great though.
>>
>>77783817
I haven't seen any of it. I know she has those same political preferences, but is the show really just a vehicle for those preferences or is humor the focus? For instance, I'm sure Jon Stewart made that same joke (gun = penis replacement), but because it was funny and not just pushy, I liked it. It's a little harder to justify the "whites are evil" narrative the left is so fond of with humor, but who knows.
>>
>>77780504
>implying the lifeless faggots on here and on /r/the_donald aren't the same faggots
>>
File: trump small finger.png (1 MB, 1152x1132) Image search: [Google]
trump small finger.png
1 MB, 1152x1132
>>77779303
>comedy is more accepted in conservatism now.
Only because conservatives are the joke. Especially Trump.
>>
File: arnoldmaga.jpg (76 KB, 502x751) Image search: [Google]
arnoldmaga.jpg
76 KB, 502x751
>>77779303
check out therightstuff.biz
podcasts by us

the new manafest destiny has an interesting point.
We call ourselves Amerikaners, unique race, unique history that sets us apart from euros and kikes.
>>
File: countash.jpg (31 KB, 570x488) Image search: [Google]
countash.jpg
31 KB, 570x488
>>77783391
this sounds like jewish nihilism to me

daily shoah is better than the daily show ever was
radio free skyrim
fash the nation
radio314 is perfect for redpilling women
>>
Surprised no one knows Bill Whittle here
He's very insightful and has a good sense of humor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QlE0g3MYMaw
>>
>>77785280
All of his Firewall stuff is really good
http://youtu.be/pMYRYKvAEaY
>>
>>77780008

That was Jay Leno who you are refering too. Not SNL.
>>
>>77779303

Conservative comedy is politically incorrect so it's doubtful.
>>
>>77782273
I fucking love the echoes
>>
>>77779303
TV is dying as a medium.
Soon there will be no need for late night presenters and propagandist pseudo comedians.
Left-wing being regressive is just stack to the legacy media for propaganda.
>>
>>77779303
They can't make it, because all the targets of the jokes would be self-proclaimed victims. They would just decry it as racist/sexist.
>>
Has nobody mentioned Louder with Crowder? I enjoy the show quite a bit.
>>
Even if they could find a conservative that would be likable and talented enough to fill that niche, which mainstream media outlet sign on, put it in a favorable time slot, and attempt to help build an audience through advertising?

FOX News and FOX are completely different with what type of consumer they are trying to draw in, if there were to be some mainstream sort of John Oliver (R) show it would be on FOX
>>
>>77779303
wait I thought he was our best long running joke??? are you telling me this was all serious or some shit ?xD
>>
>That feel when moderate.
Most Conservatives just aren't funny. Because you can't sit behind a desk and laugh about how poor people want a higher minimum wage.
>>
Is there even anyone good to do it?

>Crowder
Stupid fucking meathead.

>Mcinnis
Not an American, and americans hate non americans commenting on their politics

>Milo
see the above. Also he has that annoying uncle tom for gays vibe

>Shapiro
Shape shifting kike

Who am I missing?

Someone like george carlin would've been fucking hillarious. Common sense conservatism. Like trump style.
>>
File: 1457413741016.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
1457413741016.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>77786758
>>
>>77786866
>Who am I missing?
TRS
>>77782273
>>
>>77786821
You are a retard aren't you?
The working class and the people who work for the wage are the voters of the right wing.
Left-wing managed to alienate them by being cut off from reality like you are.
>>
There are shows like that on youtube.
>>
File: reagan_1449812145463.jpg (74 KB, 550x752) Image search: [Google]
reagan_1449812145463.jpg
74 KB, 550x752
>>77779303
>When will we finally get a conservative version of The Daily Show/Colbert Report/Last Week Tonight?

You have one. It's called Dennis Miller.

Conservative humor goes something like this:

I found a box of kittens outside yesterday, so I shot them.

This makes liberals cry. #gofigure

Hey, did you hear about Obummer?

Turns out he's a communist Nazi born in Kenya. #niggerwreckingamerica

You guys really should do a show. It'll crack everybody up. Make sure to do a segment on Reagan every show. That's a joke that just never stops giving.
>>
>>77786866
>cans.wav
>>
File: KatTimpf.jpg (80 KB, 643x857) Image search: [Google]
KatTimpf.jpg
80 KB, 643x857
>>77779303
>What is Red Eye
>>
>>77783391
>Conservatives prefer their humor to be more physical (no it isn't the "conservatives are dumb, so they need easier humor" meme). Liberals prefer satire.

This is pure bullshit. There is only one reason there's no mainstream right-wing comedy, and that's because it's considered racist/sexist, and the targets are often people who are considered untouchable in the mainstream.
However, if you look at internet humor, you'll notice that right-wingers have an infinitely more developed sense of humor than liberals.

Personally, I think a right-wing comedy show would be a massive ratings success, because it's got an untapped goldmine full of material, while liberals have been rehashing the same old bullshit for 40 years. However, it could never be made, because it would be accused of hate speech, and all sponsors would jump ship after the first show.
>>
>>77779303

Its called fucking /pol/.
>>
File: 1458638742314.jpg (92 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
1458638742314.jpg
92 KB, 419x640
>>77787122
#FuckOffToRedditYouCuck
>>
WORLD PEACE
>>
>>77787249
But Red Eye isn't funny.
>>
>>77787393
>However, if you look at internet humor, you'll notice that right-wingers have an infinitely more developed sense of humor than liberals.

Nobody ever said otherwise. It's two different styles of humor. Conservatives prefer in your face, unapologetic humor, whereas liberals prefer satire.
>>
>>77783391
This is retarded. Conservatives don't just think they're smarter than Liberals, they know it. Even unintelligent Conservatives think Liberals are fucking morons with zero sense of reality. Conservative intellectuals think Liberals are either high-function retards, evil, or both.
>>
>>77786643
This week's podcast had me in fucking tears. Actually, this whole month of "cultural appropriation" has been fucking gold.
>>
>>77785280
Big fan of his
>>
>>77787787
You said physical humor, which is just flat out false.
And I genuinely can't think of anything more unapologetic and offensive than proper satire. Satirizing the left is, as I said, an untapped goldmine as far as the mainstream is concerned.

The vast majority of humor on /pol/ is satire. It's social criticism taken to an absolute extreme, and focuses on ridiculing Jews, SJWs and feminists. Do you even know what satire is?
>>
Media outlets know their audiences, and conservatives audiences don't want someone telling them jokes. They want someone to tell them they're being victimized and oppressed. See: 99%+ of all conservative media.
>>
>>77779303
http://redpanels.com/
>>
>>77787122
Oy Vey! such talent, your hired!
> You are at least part Jewish right?
>>
>>77779303
Googled Conservative Comedian, and got the name Evan Sayet. Looked up his acts, clicked random moderate length video.

>Speaking at the Republican Jewish Coalition

Something I'll never understand about /pol/ is they support the right, knowing full well the right supports Israel, all the while making some inside "red pill, jewish overlords" jokes.
>>
>>77779303
You can have right wing comedians, just not American right wing republican comedians. You can have plenty of jokers like Bill Burr speaking truth, but a christian, pro-life, pro corporation comedian isn't going to get any laughs. The same way those christian movies and rock groups suck.

The rights problem in America is they pander to their demographic, hopefully trump will change this, he won't give a shit when he does a 180 on abortion as soon as he gets in.

The only way comedy works is speaking the darkest truth, cutting through fantasies of religion or values. You need to have a pro-choice pro-gay gun loving right wing then you can have a show that works.
>>
>>77779303
Just listen to TRS radio and the daily shoah
>>
>>77788511
Also this. Comedy works because it breaks down walls and pokes at the human condition. When you break down the walls of a conservative you just find a roach infested gutted housing project whose owner refuses to admit it's a roach infested gutted housing project. They refuse to accept the plights of the human condition. Art can't exist without this realization, or else you get shit like christian rock music.
>>
>>77786643

I had never heard of him before but someone posted his bob ross paints muhammed sketch and it was fucking hilarious
>>
>>77788782
Bullshit. Neo-conservatives aren't the only kinds of conservatives out there. Besides, the focus in satire and comedy shouldn't be to promote your own views directly. It should be about ridiculing the other person's views from what appears to be a neutral, sane point of view.

In the old days, Christian conservatives were easy targets because they represented an incredibly naive, narrowminded point of view, and acted as the moral police in society. However, times have changed. Today, the left-wing extremists are the ones who are naive and narrowminded bigots, and have more or less total control over the moral hysteria you find in news and entertainment. The problem is that these assholes are doing a better job at oppressing dissenting voices than the Christian conservatives did, so the time is ripe for bright, young conservatives to expose their insanity to the world.

I mean, can you imagine how normal people would react if they actually knew how feminists, SJWs, BLM activists, Atheism+ fags and other bigots act behind the scenes?
>>
>>77779303
Your not. The best your ever going to get is stand ups like Bill Burr and Dennis Miller and even that is more centrist humor than outright right wing humor.
>>
File: 1462323518947.gif (1 MB, 306x230) Image search: [Google]
1462323518947.gif
1 MB, 306x230
>last week tonight equaling comedy
>>
File: gay.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gay.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>77779303
they already had one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fns5lOisXco
>>
>>77779303
fox news seems like a pretty good conservative comedy channel
>>
>>77787039
>The working class and the people who work for the wage are the voters of the right wing.
Its actually pretty evenly split. Don't confuse "Muh guns and gays" with finical conservative.
>>
>>77779303
Redacted Tonight
>>
>>77779303
Red eye on Fox News
>>
Greg Gutfield has been doing okay conservative political humor for a while.
>>
File: gavin.jpg (781 KB, 2934x3384) Image search: [Google]
gavin.jpg
781 KB, 2934x3384
>>77779303

Gavin McInnes is the closest thing to the conservative comedy show. I saw some of his episodes and thanks God he's not popular. His topics are basically isalm and feminism (just like Milo), he's acting worse than Mr. current year and the others (I saw here on /pol/ some pictures with gavin using anal-plug on air - disgusting). Alt-right has to die.
>>
>>77779303

Tom Shillue??
>>
>>77779303
We just need to start shaming them into oblivion. This is all their shows are about.

Too bad our only "comedians" are degenerate as fuck.
>>
>>77792118

hasn't he done some really faggoty shit though? strikes me as an opportunist who will say whatever he needs to for the money. he saw that the anti-liberal sentiment was growing and jumped on it early
>>
>>77792463

he created vice then got kicked out of it for massively shittalking trannies, he's got reasons to be anti-liberal but you're right he's definitely also an opportunist
>>
File: gavin2.png (1 MB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
gavin2.png
1 MB, 768x1024
>>77792463

Exactly, and let's be honest it's not really that hard to be anti-islam and anti-feminism on the internet. It would be much more intresting to see a conservative who is not an islam lover but also acknowledge that for all current shit with muslims, americans are responsible. For God sake there were over 1 milion christian in Saddam Iraq, now 90% of them leaved.
>>
There's really nothing funny about pointing out how your country is being destroyed and civilization is decaying.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.