[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /pol/'s opinion on buddhism? Is buddhism red-pilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 27
File: 1449755307237.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1449755307237.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
What's /pol/'s opinion on buddhism?

Is buddhism red-pilled or blue-pilled?
Will it spread or will it be eliminated by islam?
Is it really a peaceful philosophy or is that only a meme?
>>
>>77749240
Redpilled, probably, and yes in theory but Buddhists themselves have been revolting for 100s of years
>>
Sometimes I try to read wiki articles about buddhist or hindu beliefs and writings, and everything is so fucking confusing. Do people really understand all of that?

I can't tell if it's all just translated poorly or if I'm retarded compared to Indians from centuries ago.
>>
>>77749240
theyre niggas in the struggle
>>
File: 1466279117614.jpg (632 KB, 2100x1343) Image search: [Google]
1466279117614.jpg
632 KB, 2100x1343
>>77749240
I like Buddhism (and Hinduism) because they appeal to me on a thoughtful level. The concepts of life/death, reincarantion, karma, the universe etc are greatly explored in both of them. I think it's provoking stuff and yeah, I'd consider them very peaceful philosophies.

So:
Red-pilled.
It won't be eliminated by Islam.
Not a meme...
>>
>>77749240
I forget where, but a group of Buddhists removed kebab on a community scale.

Nvm. Found it.

http://world.time.com/2013/06/20/extremist-buddhist-monks-fight-oppression-with-violence/
>>
>>77749240
There are buddhist monks that can set themselves on fire and not scream, and just sit there peacefully, so I'd say they're pretty red pilled.

At this rate everything will be eliminated by islam, so yeah probably.

Yes, all of the Buddha's teachings are peaceful. However some of them are bat shit and corrupt, especially in the texts not based on canon.
>>
File: 1465998845104.jpg (89 KB, 1182x966) Image search: [Google]
1465998845104.jpg
89 KB, 1182x966
>>77750130
Fuckin good one lad.
>>
It's the logical response to the ultimate red pill
>>
File: RhfyCytb.jpg (52 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
RhfyCytb.jpg
52 KB, 512x512
>>77749240
It's master morality with a deceiving apparent veneer of pacifism. There's is actually nothing in principle pacifistic about Buddhism, unlike, say, Jainism for example.

>If you meet the Buddha, kill him. (逢佛殺佛) - Linji

This sums up the ethos of enlightenment practice. If you ever reach a point where you think you've arrived or got it (meet the Buddha), kill that thought and keep going. I struggle to think of a more red-pilled notion than that.
>>
Shitty meme religion propped up by white guilt. The western new age version of it sucks but even "real" Buddhism is cucked. The goal is to cease to exist. lol I don't need any meditation and proverbs and shit to cease to exist some day
>>
Buddhism is the water.
>>
If they hate muslims i love them
>>
>>77751047
99% of western pagans are feminized nature nymphs, regardless of the religion they chose. Western paganism, Buddhism, Hinduism, it's always turned into a fay, weak, feminine excuse to delude one's self with happy thoughts. It's especially insulting to see westerners get into Hinduism, and then deny it's stoic life affirming elements in favor of McYoga bullshit, and veganism.
>>
>>77750553
>I forget where
>Nvm. Found it.
you are a bit special no?
>>
>>77749240
>calm, self reflective philosophy
>stand up for themselves
>study hard all their lives
>don't have giant mega churches with showmen dancing around
>constantly harassed by Communists
>study nature to understand themselves
>good art
>hates Islam
Pretty based. The white faggots that pretend to be Buddhist need to kill themselves though, the ones that think it's all meditation and health food shit.
>>
>>77751121
/thread
>>
File: tao.jpg (8 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
tao.jpg
8 KB, 250x252
>>77749240
inferior to pic related
>>
>>77749240
Buddhism is literally the blue-pill.
>>
>>77749240
They don't force their shit on anyone and they hate mudshits.

Buddhists are pretty based.
>>
>>77749240

Buddhism is peaceful on principle, but there are legit occasions where one is allowed to use violence, and in very rare occasions, even kill.
>>
>>77751522
On mobile. Don't be a fag. I forgot my 4chan etiquette. Just be happy I gave a source.
>>
>yes goy, there is no self
>>
>>77749240
it is the religion which gets adopted by western societies which are about to be overtaken.

>be Roman empire
>start losing
>population becoe depresive and turn to stoic philosopy
(you cant deny that stoic philosophy is buddhism)
>>
File: 1463057216340.jpg (417 KB, 1440x2160) Image search: [Google]
1463057216340.jpg
417 KB, 1440x2160
>>77749240
Blue pilled.

Soticism is essentially the western version of Buddhism and it is much more based because of war emperor Marcus Aurelius' writings on it.

>religion
blue pilled

>philosophy
>especially stoic philosophy
red pilled
>>
>>77752049

Define self
>>
File: 1458666760401.jpg (316 KB, 1280x654) Image search: [Google]
1458666760401.jpg
316 KB, 1280x654
>>77751121
And the troll under the bridge
>>
>>77751802
That's like saying Plato is inferior to Aristotle--they are simultaneously complementary and competing approaches to thinking and living. No one is 100% Platonic, nor is anyone 100% Aristotelian. Eastern civilization is supporting by the three pillar philosophies of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism. They exist in perpetual contradictory tension.
>>
>>77749622
Hinduism and Buddhism are confusing as fuck in the first place, pair that with poor translation and you get what you have on western websites
That's why all this nu-buddhism shit started and is gaining traction among dumb western bitches who only convert to buddhism because its "cool and trendy" and have literally no idea what they're fucking doing

>>77751000
This
Jainism is much more pacifistic than Buddhism
>>
>>77752201
lololololol, british cunts posting Slobodan Milosevic quotes on the internet. Now suddenly he is not the megalomaniac dictator you portrayed him to be???
>>
>>77749240

>Tozan said to his monks, "You monks should know there is an even higher understanding in Buddhism." A mink stepped forward and asked, "What is the higher Buddhism?" Tozan answered, "It is not Buddha."
>>
>>77752736
Sometimes I think the hippies were right about 2012 and we're living in a bizarro world now or something, which is why everything's all Harrison Bergeron-like now

>Bruce Jenner is 2015 "woman of the year"
>George Zimmerman, a hispanic man, is considered "white" by the media
>memes are transcending into reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ROXLtorwY
>>
>>77752874
IIRC Tozan was a pioneer in the Chan Buddhist movement right?
(Chan Buddhism is a variant of Buddhism which includes some features and teachings of Taoism in it)
>>
There is no pill Anon. There never was. The pill is the illusion.
>>
File: 1336662154171.jpg (61 KB, 680x512) Image search: [Google]
1336662154171.jpg
61 KB, 680x512
>>77753001
yeah, it is getting very weird. but honestly, I like it. many happenings incoming.
>>
You can't get redpilled to a large extent if you don't read books. I encourage /pol/ to read "Waking up" by Sam Harris

https://www.amazon.com/Waking-Up-Spirituality-Without-Religion/dp/1451636024

Basically, the insight that our mind, from being a useful tool has turned into our master is a big red pill. The practice of meditation is one way to do something about it. This is the insight of "The Power of Now" by Tolle, which of course is based in Eastern philosophy. Sam Harris just makes the topic a bit less mystical and guides you through it from a skeptical/scientifical POW. His other books are also pretty based.
>>
>>77751047
>The goal is to cease to exist.

Wrong, Buddhism teaches that there is no such thing as existence in the first place, you can't existing if you never existed in the first place. The goal of Buddhism is to dispel the illusion of existence.
>>
>>77749240
>get butt hurt
>don't fight
>set self on fire instead
Brilliant.
>>
>>77749240
They have no political power, they will be stomped into the ground. I don't see the EU rushing to push kids en-mass to Buddhist temples to normalize the philosophy, do you? The sphere of influence they are in is heavily dominated by China, who don't actually care for it or any other competing philosophy. Some westerners might "get into it" for a while and take what they want from it, Steve Jobs style.
This >>77751872

However, i think it is endearing because it is a conscientious philosophy. It could have gone well with a technocratic/ science heavy society.
>>
They, unlike so many other religions, don't cause problems for people so I'm a bit cool with them.

I also like their concepts of impermanence and anti-materialism.

I also went to a meditation class with a friend, because he asked me to, and while I didn't like it at all the buddhist teacher there was pretty cool. He just casually explained how he was waiting at a DUI checkpoint and somebody trying to evade the cops slammed into him and gave him brain damage, and sort of turned his experience into a lesson about accepting things as the way they are.
>>
>>77749240
Can't get you to heaven
>>
>>77753032
Yes. And the Chan school became Zen in Japan.
>>
Kekism is the one true religion
>>
>>77751000
>逢佛殺佛
lol, that's not what that phrase means you autistic cuck

http://baike.baidu.com/view/720111.htm
>>
>>77754129
Yes it does.
>>
>>77749622
you must work harder, kōhai
>>
>>77749240
>What's /pol/'s opinion on buddhism?
Multiple levels above the kike religions.
>>
>>77751228
ken doll
>>
Buddhism claims to be beyond any pills
>>
>>77753658
>>77753658
nice analysis anon
>>
>>77754060
this, kek the fuck out of everything
>>
>>77754240
you can't actually be stupid enough to think that the phrase is meant to be taken literally
>>
>>77751000
wise trips my friend, now push on to find quads
>>
>>77753657
Sometimes the ability of you anglos to turn dramatic and hysterical things in the world into dry understatements puts a smile on my face.
>>
>>77749240
Budhism is A-OK!
>>
File: 1466291881593.jpg (33 KB, 570x488) Image search: [Google]
1466291881593.jpg
33 KB, 570x488
>>77752736
I was a teenager in the 90's. I followed the news but knew fuck all about it all then, & even less now, as it goes.
The quote stands. Don't come to my country you fucking savage.
>>
>>77749240
As soon as America becomes isolationist and is no longer a threat of interference, Buddhist south asians are going to genocide muslims.

It'll happen. Muzzies have destroyed a lot of amazing cultural monuments in those regions and they are generally disliked for their poor behavior there.

Muslims have pretty much been begging to get shoa'd around the world.
>>
>>77749240
Buddhist aren't pushovers. Check Burma/Thailand.
>>
>>77749240
There's a few things on Buddhism that I can identify with. Namely, I agree with the idea that existence is misery and the goal is to escape. I don't necessarily agree with their methods or the idea of Samsara (a rebirth cycle).

Read Buddhism in Translation. One of my college textbooks, "Sources of World Societies" contains little snippets of this.

"Through birth and rebirth's endless round,
Seeking in vain, I hastened on,
To find who framed this edifice.
What misery!--birth incessantly!
279. "O builder! I've discovered thee!
This fabric thou shalt ne'er rebuild!
Thy rafters all are broken now,
And pointed roof demolished lies!
This mind has demolition reached,
And seen the last of all desire!"

http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/bits/bits008.htm
>>
>>77756315
RARE
>>
They aren't ruining western countries or blowing stuff up so why would I care what they do?
>>
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 176x117) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 176x117
>>77752702
Less than 1% of the population, 94% literacy rate and they pay 24% of taxes. They seem to be doing something right.

Pretty neat flag too.
>>
>>77753657
Didn't that same action "spark" the uprising in Tunisia?
>>
>>77749240

>reincarnation
>red pilled

>lol u don' ever die don' be afraid and cri evrytim
>u live forevur in luv and harmony <3

wew lads

in the end it's just some escapism where people completely disregard reality and pretend that death actually doesn't exist at all
>>
>>77762167
Nowhere does it say you have to believe in reincarnation to be a Buddhist.
>>
Buddhism is hella red pilled and people who think it's a doctrine of absolute passiveness and pacifism don't know what they're talking about. There's numerous different schools of Buddhism and if you're interested you should look into the differences. Don't feel compelled to adhere entirely to anything though.
>>
Aren't "eastern" religions just upper-class ideologies built to keep people in their place?
>>
File: jews_fear_the_samurai.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
jews_fear_the_samurai.jpg
193 KB, 1920x1080
>>77749622
What was the main religion of the samurai's senpai?
>>
It is the closest thing to truth you're going to get out of a religion. Freedom from attachment I'm sure is bliss. Meditation is good stuff as well.
>>
>>77762167

being reincarnated and living forever is their hell. The whole goal is that you reach enlightenment and pass onto the other ethereal level.
>>
>>77754623
nothing about his explanation of that phrase was a literal reading numbnuts.
>>
>>77749240
>Will it spread or will it be eliminated by islam?
It will get destroyed by Islam, Buddhism breeds pacifism which doesn't stand a chance against muslim aggression.
>>
>>77764369
nigga that's Taoism
>>
>>77753673
Was he obviously brain damaged? Did he elaborate on the extent?
>>
>>77764053

Shintoism, which is just animism with a little ancestor worship.
>>
>>77764616
Would also like to know...
>>
>>77764369
This.
Pity that attachment fuels and troubles the world.
Properly enlightened people are usually invisible to the media and get removed by orcs. Buddhist monks in Burma, Bangladesh are trying to stop local women marrying the Muslims moving in from every direction. They also advocate violence.
So there's truth and then there's the business of the day.
>>
>>77762167
Buddhism doesn't teach reincarnation, there is no individual self to reincarnate.
>>
If this guy is any indication then Buddhists are alright. They take no shit from muslims and I can appreciate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvEBaAiy5b4
>>
File: nervous merchant.jpg (12 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
nervous merchant.jpg
12 KB, 188x268
>>77761392
>Pretty neat flag too.

What are they, Asian notzies? Oy gevalt!
>>
>>77765370
Westerners need to understand reincarnation is from Hinduism, lets you stay underfoot and wait for the next life. The Buddha destroyed the whole Hindu caste system with one word.
Buddha is to Hinduism what Jesus is to Judaism.
>>
For those that are confused about buddhist teachings: it is in fact very simple.

Buddhist concept of suffering. This is often misleading due to the translation of "dukkha." A more proper translation would be "unsatisfaction."

It is like doing the dishes. Many people think of it as a chore, and that they have to slave through it in order to achieve something pleasant, like finishing the game that you were playing before your mother told you to do the dishes.
>>
>>77767157
So what causes suffering (dukkha)? Attachment causes suffering (dukkha). It is the attachment to the contents of consciousness that causes suffering (dukkha).

The human body perceives the world through the senses. There may or may not be a world out there, but all we know are our contents of consciousness, mainly what we perceive the world as through our senses, feelings, and thoughts. However one must note that these are impermanent. If we are attached to the contents of consciousness, it will bring about dukkha, because of its nature being impermanent. You want to hold on to something impermanent as if it were permanent, while trying to avoid or delay its death.
>>
>>77767226
How about the concept of "no self"? No self is actually also misleading. "No self" does not mean "no person." We think of our existence or mind as a driver behind the wheel, although in this case it would be in our head behind our two eyes. "I" is also a thought, and therefore is impermanent. So what is "no self"? It is not the elimination of "I" as a thought, but instead to realization that "I" is impermanent, as is other contents of consciousness, and to not be attached to "I" as if it were permanent. To do this is to observe and understand the nature of the contents of consciousness through meditation. To observe the "I" and other thoughts, feelings, and sensations brought about by the monkey mind.
>>
>>77767276
Another questions is rebirth or reincarnation? If there is "no self," what is there to reincarnate? Simple, what undergoes reincarnation is not the self. You can think of it as a room and its contents. The room itself is consciousness, and inside the room are the contents of consciousness. The stuff inside the room is impermanent. You take stuff out or put stuff in. Reincarnation is similar. The death of some thoughts, feelings, or sensations will be replaced by other thoughts, feelings, or sensations. In buddhism it is important to observe and understand that these are impermanent, and no attachment will be made.
>>
>>77767304
so by that logic no matter which reincarnation i'll always be a loser. man that is a tough pill to swallow
>>
File: thelema.png (1008 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
thelema.png
1008 KB, 792x792
>>77749240
it's red-pilled , just not as much as thelema
>>
File: buddha-four-noble-truths.jpg (243 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
buddha-four-noble-truths.jpg
243 KB, 1440x900
>>77749240
>Is buddhism red-pilled or blue-pilled?
Yes.

>Will it spread or will it be eliminated by islam?
That depends on which future we choose to live in.

>>77749240
>Is it really a peaceful philosophy or is that only a meme?
The buddhas teachings are explicitly peace-loving. However like any religion that has enjoyed state sponsorship in prior centuries, it has developed rationale for war and murder despite that.
>>
>>77767304
Also note that the popular saying (from the 4 noble truths) "Life is suffering (dukkha)" is a general statement, and that it is not saying that every moment of life is suffering (dukkha).
>>
Essentially a method to, train, discipline, and kill certain parts of the mind. The ultimate bluepill for weaklings who can't find mental balance.
>>
>>77767599

That's not true or the point at all.
>>
>>77767899

If you wish for peace, prepare for war. It has nothing to do with state sponsorship or whatever, that's just living among humans.
>>
>>77760016
I'm sure these cliches are good enough for anyone who takes this cancerous series of meme methods, the purpose of which is to attain a sort of joyful domestication, seriously. Then again, so is hanging.
>>77751522
It's not good to be rude, anon.
>>
Islam is the one true path.

>>77768409
>>
>>77749240
>red-pilled or blue-pilled

God, it's the two party system all over again!
>>
>>77767599
Just better yourself.

It's really not that hard.

Open a book. Learn a trade. Turn your hobbies into businessess. Get fit. Apply for jobs you're wildly unqualified for. Befriend people with connections.

The only person stopping you, is you.

Fucking loser.
>>
>>77749622
I can help you out if you want to know some stuff about Buddhism. You can ask me questions if you want.
>>
>>77768829
Can you help me senpai? Meditation really fucked my shit up.
>>
>>77749240
It's rational.
>>
>>77768829
Any books you can recommend? I'm not the other anon, but I'd like some non-pretentious books about it.
>>
>>77767920
Also note that the eightfold paths, is not necessarily a moral guide (right understanding, right thought, right conduct, etc).

You can replace "right" to "skillfull." The "right" is not in the context of morality ("right or wrong"). You treat the eightfold path as a tool, using it skillfully to cultivate oneself. Also note the nature of the eightfold path, there is nothing set in stone. It is empirical, based on your own experiences. So buddhism is telling you to use the eightfold path and experiment and observe the outcomes of it. Change your execution of it for satisfactory results.
>>
>>77768924
So, what confused you?
>>
>>77768529
As if all the christfag shill weren't bad enough
>>
>>77769014
Nothing confused me. I tried forehead meditation, and it fucked my perception up. Any advice?
>>
"Buddhists" can be just as vicious as mudslimes. They have the advantage of actually being intelligent, and not stupid goat shepherds / ignorant tribals. ISIS can't even resist the urge to brutalize those who live in it's territory.

Religious extremism is what happens when you help societies develop faster technologically than they can socially. The West developed normally because it went through it's growing pangs already.

The middle-east still has to or conditions there simply make it very difficult. Without any sort of intervention from advanced countries, they would still be swinging scimitars and using camel cavalry.
>>
>>77768998
A lot of people read the "Dhammapada" and "What the Buddha Taught."
"The Art of Happiness" was written by the 14th Dalai Lama (the spiritual leader of Buddhism) and, even though I haven't read it, I have heard it is good.

I can recommend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tilBs32zN7I
I love School of Life because they give good summaries of deep philosophies. They tend to hit the high points, but they don't cover absolutely everything.

I can also recommend this playlist by Koi Fresco.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrrseyqiTvgRSUblom_agMvRjhvbYdTAr
He is very "new-agey" which I am not into, but he is a good guy with a good hold on the philosophy. The second to last video in the playlist is a video about good Buddhist books. He has some pretty good recommendations as well.

Have fun, man!
>>
>>77769175
In what way? What has changed? Perhaps I can help.
>>
>>77752152
What's wrong with that monkey's nose?
>>
>>77769477
Thanks. Saved for later.
>>
>>77769477
the dalai lama is NOT the spiritual leader of all buddhism. he's the head of the Gelugpa school of Tibetan Buddhism.
>>
Also, to any religious people on this thread, Buddhism is very philosophical. For almost all religions, you can also follow Buddhism, or you don't have to even be Buddhist to follow Buddhism.
>>
>>77769561
I feel tired all the time, my sleeping hours go by 10x as quickly, everything seems less real.
>>
>>77769674
Sorry, I should have elaborated. Most people wouldn't know the various branches of Buddhism, nor would they know what the Gelug School is.
>>
>>77764897
Zen budhism was also pretty common.
>>
>>77768998
Not him but I would highly recommend "In the Buddha's Words". It's a collection of the Buddhas teachings from the Pali Canon.
>>
File: unicursal.png (7 KB, 200x220) Image search: [Google]
unicursal.png
7 KB, 200x220
>>77769712
I was once a >>77769712
commited Zen Buddhist. As deeply philosophical and mystical as Buddhism is, it has many beliefs which ae jst as non-rational as Islam and Christianity:

> reincarnation/rebirth
> five skandhas or "aggregates" in liue of selfhood>>77769712
> karma

Buddhism is also life-denying. It idealizes as the ultimate form of spiritual attainment the lifestyle of ascetics.

Nietzsche's critique of Buddhism ultimately lead me away from it and into Thelema, which is a religion of real strength.
>>
>>77769789
When did this start?

Usually after I meditate I feel rather sleepy.
>>
>>77770354
Do you have any experience with brow meditation?
>>
>>77770430
I have tried it twice, that I remember of. I did some guided meditation stuff on YouTube.

Was it guided meditation?
>>
>>77770115
If you're a committed Zen Buddhist then you're not a Zen Buddhist.
>>
>>77753589
>cogito ergo sum
checkmate buddhists
>>
>>77770610
No,
http://www.meditationiseasy.com/meditation-techniques/fifth-technique/
I tried this technique.
>>
>>77770744
you know what I mean.

And as much as even Zen pretends to be ultimately about "nothing" (whether thats literal of the mahayana sunyata) it very much involves dogma of certain kinds. You can't tell me the sutras are merely philosophical siggestions: they point to an unprovable "enlightenment" attained by denying life.

A problem with Buddhism is that its main commitment is to completely remove suffering by attaining an ultimate state of being/non-being.

First of all, suffering can be a good thing in the proper context.

Second, who is to say this state is attainable, and if so, why is it even desireable? can we really end all attachments?
>>
>>77769578
He's a proboscis monkey
>>
>>77771223
I don't know what to tell you since I haven't tried that technique.

Are you feeling restless? I haven't tried this meditation but I have tried other meditations guided by her. She is pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQvVH27aS0
Otherwise, I don't know. One thing that always gets me detached from troubles is reading philosophy books.
>>
>>77749240
Is Islam why Buddhism is almost non existent in its original country, India?
>>
Buddhism is nowhere near as cucked as Christianity, but among the Oriental religions, they are the most cucked.

The Yoga tradition has held on to the most ancient wisdom.
>>
>>77772048
i wouldn't think so, but Islam is the reason why there's no Buddhists in Afghanistan
>>
File: bod.jpg (354 KB, 812x1200) Image search: [Google]
bod.jpg
354 KB, 812x1200
>>77771350
>can we really end all attachments
Yes, it can be done. It is difficult, but possible.
>>
File: 1463887510106.gif (1 MB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
1463887510106.gif
1 MB, 320x176
>>77749240
>Noy a religion
>No Crusaders
>No latin scripture (Latin sounds badass as fuck)
>No long history of shitfesting around Europe
>No cathedrals
>No cool symbols like the Holy Cross
>No Crusaders
>No Heaven
>No Hell
>No clear concept of good and evil
>No Inquisition
>No Crusaders
Buddhism is boring as fuck, only low energy hipsters pay any attention whatsoever to it.
Will be cleansed in the coming purge.
>>
>>77750999
And what may that be?
>>
>>77771926
Fugg. Do you know how I can contact someone knowledgeable about this?
>>
>>77770115
Be wary of Thelema, anon.

Since Crowley was so damn cryptic of everything, it isn't easy to see his dogma, but it's there. He made the mistake all fallen mystics do: He followed a path of obsession. The Work of Thelema will not lead to true balance. There is a real risk that Thelema will blow up in your face, and you will become a black magician of the lhp.

OTO today is a bunch of LARPers who think they're cool and edgy. While they were recreated in the image of the Golden Dawn, no longer do they truly seek the Mysteries through Fraternity. If you get initiated far enough into OTO, you will end up getting fucked in the ass by an old man, literally.

A .'. A .'. is not the true mystery cult of all the ages as it claims to be.

The Kabbalah is a Jewish corruption of the Flower of Life.

I once became enamored with the Law of Thelema also, but I ultimately realized that it is of some significance that even the greatest admirers of Aleister Crowley rebuked him.

Beware of lies! Beware of black magick!
>>
>>77772048
That is a part of it, the muslims did destroy Buddhist temples and kill monks. However Buddhism in India was already in bad shape because of fake and corrupt monks and many temples were already shut down because of low support. Muslim invaders really just delivered the final blow.
>>
Buddhism is definitely redpilled. They will be eliminated by Islam unfortunately because of their pacifist philosophies.
>>
>>77749240
>just le let go of your attachments, especially worrying about what your overlords are doing you stupid serf :^)

a cucked religion, but at least not as extremely dogshit as "die for israel and be guilty about everything" abrahamic religions
>>
>>77749240
It really depends.
In a lot of ways it's like other religions.
At it's most basic and secular it was a man's teachings of the right way to get through life. These principles included no killing, sexual misconduct, theft etc.

Buddhism also has an enormous cultural and spiritual aspect. Talking about the heavens and the different realms and demons and stuff, not all of which came directly from Buddha or his time.

For the same reason that /Pol/ appreciates Christianity, I appreciate Buddhism. My girlfriend is somewhere inbetween. She uses Buddhism as a guiding path of righteousness, being kind to others, being honest and righteous. She also spiritual beliefs. She believes in reincarnation, and prays every night to maintain piety.

Unfortunately a lot of Westerners memed it up, not following the moral principles, adopting quasi-spiritual beliefs, and taking part in meme practices like yoga, veganism, meditation and weed smoking. They think because it's different, it's right. They don't actually critically analyse what's right and wrong with it.

Personally, I disagree with some of Buddha's teachings, like where he left his family to be killed, and moved on. As a fedora I can't really believe in things that defy logic.
>>
File: 1414391601106.jpg (194 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1414391601106.jpg
194 KB, 1600x1067
>>77774039
>They will be eliminated by Islam unfortunately
Someone never heard of the 969 Movement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/969_Movement

Also reminder China is using flamethrowers on them right now kek, their Confucius/Busshist style will keep them in check
>>
File: 1466221055175.png (45 KB, 756x162) Image search: [Google]
1466221055175.png
45 KB, 756x162
>>77749622
have you read the Genjōkōan?, it's pretty based and instructive; the usseful three pages of my life
>>
>>77775037
*most
>>
>>77774283

Because that's what they do, with the constant complaining and protesting and shit about the Chinese occupation of Tibet and the expulsion of kebab.
>>
I've actually thought about Practicing Buddhism it's red pilled as Fuck, and the Dalai Lama is pretty fucking based.
>>
>Buddhism
>pacifist

Westerners and their lack of education
>>
File: Nigel-Farage-EU.jpg (22 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
Nigel-Farage-EU.jpg
22 KB, 460x288
>>77753001
>Harrison Bergeron
I just looked up what the fuck that was on Wikipedia and yeah, that sounds EXACTLY like what the PC lefty SJW libcucks wanna turn Western Civilization into. Hopefully though, we'll be able to keep the blue pilled and the drones who try to keep them that way in check by reminding everyone that being too leftist is weak as fuck
>>
File: 1413715817351.jpg (82 KB, 680x1209) Image search: [Google]
1413715817351.jpg
82 KB, 680x1209
>>77749240

Buddhism in its most pure form (philosophy, not religion) is very red-pilled. It is very similar and comparable to Stoicism, especially during the Roman Era (think Marcus Aurelius), another red-pilled philosopher.
>>
>>77753001
It wasn't the end, it was the beginning.
>>
>>77780346
Who would actually wear that shirt? Even Ironically?
>>
>>77782491

Guys who get laid like crazy.
>>
>>77782491
>Even Ironically?
I might.
>>
>>77753589
You mean inherent existence

There is some truth and wisdom in it, but it doesn't provide an ultimate answer, and involves the denial of the soul (inherently existent self) and all absolute meaning. It's pretty much nihilism

Ultimate meaning can only be found through Christ
>>
>>77779134
When I was in elementary school they still taught it. I must have been among the last classes to have it as part of the school curriculum.

From what my relatives tell me, they no longer teach it. From what I remember them say, it stopped being a part of the elementary school curriculum back when I was attending high school in the early 2010's.

It didn't hit me until college where I realized the world in Harrison Bergeron was coming to life with the check your privilege shit rearing its head all of a sudden. I mean for fuck's sake we even have a Dianne Feinstein pushing this shit (in the story it was "Diana Moon Glampers".
>>
>>77749240
We have a monk in a family. Piece of shit can't (not allowed) cook for himself, but is the first one on the dinner table, ask us everyday to mediated, and is useless because of not working.
>>
>>77783956

I can't believe people aren't still forced to read it. And a bunch of other good shit.

I can't wait to get iron weights and ear buzzers (and probably penisectomy and skin blackening).
>>
>>77773168
Life is suffering
>>
>>77751000
No, you kill the Buddha because it's the only appropriate response. Walking past the Buddha is a sin. Acknowledging him is also bad because he's so much superior to you. You're supposed to kill him because it's the only way to leave the encounter.

Many people can be Buddha, and you will know when you meet him.
>>
>>77784222
The more I think of it, the more I realize why the story was dropped.

Guess "budget cuts" was the most convenient excuse to shuffle the curriculum towards indoctrination.

The second interesting bit is that reading the story appears to have had little effect. Many of my classmates went on to become insane SJWs in college although they read the story in elementary school. Guess it wasn't reinforced enough back then.
>>
File: Based Buddhi.png (93 KB, 1090x718) Image search: [Google]
Based Buddhi.png
93 KB, 1090x718
>>77752152
>Implying buddhism isn't based and nationalist since the beginning
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anagarika_Dharmapala#Contributions_to_Sinhalese_Buddhist_Nationalism
>>
Also, yes, Buddhism is redpilled. They have no qualms in protecting what is right.
>>
>>77774039
>Buddhism
>pacifism
pick one
>>
>>77784478
>Buddhism
>sin
>>
>>77752152
>Calls Marcus Aurelius based
>Calls religion blue pilled
Pick one stance dingus.
>>
>>77784862
In Christianized terms. It's not very good to visualize the Buddha outside of oneself. Even worse is if you meet the Buddha.
>>
File: 1458895423356.jpg (45 KB, 578x430) Image search: [Google]
1458895423356.jpg
45 KB, 578x430
>>77784808
>Muslims crying persecution after literally their entire existence as a religion oppressing others
They can fuck RIGHT off.
>>
>>77750999
>>77751000

Consecutive trips! KEK is really out in full force tonight.
>>
>>77749240

Mysticism is common in Abrahamic religious like Islam and Judaism. Islam has Sufism and Judaism has Kabbalism (sp?). However those religions hit too close to Christians (aka white people) so they seek something "eastern" from Asia that promotes the same type of mysticism and act like it's something different.
>>
>>77749240
>Is buddhism red-pilled or blue-pilled?
Why would a bastardization of proper taoism ever be redpilled?
>>
>>77749240
Blue pilled degeneracy that opposes YHWH
>>
>>77785343
Qek will sort your lot out, kike
>>
>>77785330
The fuck? Buddhist came WAY before Taoism
>>
>>77785291

Christianity had mysticism (Catharism and Gnosticism) and you can still find it if you look, but they drove it deep deep underground.
>>
File: Emblem_of_Bhutan.svg.png (435 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Emblem_of_Bhutan.svg.png
435 KB, 640x640
Buddhism is the Dharma Pill.
>>
>>77785343
>Worship the god of the kike god and his son who is also a kike
>Believe the kike people is a chosen and blessed people and others people are subhumans

Christianity is literrally kike worship i.e. the ultimate blue pill
>>
>Acceptance of the self
Nice
>Giving up all desire
Nice
>Content with the small things in life
Nice
>Meditation
Nice
>Elimination of suffering
Nice
>Not really a religion
Nice
>Vegetarianism
Wait what
>No drugs
the fuck im out lmao peace out I'm sticking to Jesus and getting fucked up on booze
>>
>>77785291
>He doesn't know any of Thomas Merton's works.
>>
>>77785741

I know mysticism exists in Christianity, but unlike Judaism & Islam it's not popular. Western Christianity is a pussy religion.
>>
>>77785678

You realize the fact it's not a religion means you can eat meat and do drugs if you want, right? There's not anybody to tell you otherwise.

That said, mind altering substances do typically fuck up the whole idea of self mastery and the journey for enlightenment. Not that I don't enjoy drinking and smoking and carrying on, though.

>>77785820

You know, it really is. There was a while there when it was pretty hardcore, but those times are behind us.
>>
>>77785475
>general date of origin of taoism: 55x bce
>general date of origin of buddhism: 56x bce

you wot m8?
>>
cuck yourself out of existence: the death cult

nirvana literally means to blow out, like a candle

the goal is to escape the torturous cycle of rebirth, because life for indian villagers really was that shit

if the buddha was born today, with our scientific notions of total ceasing to exist at death, the buddha would of merely suicided and be done with it. the entre religion is based on the misguided HINDU (i.e. cuck) notion of samsara/karma

and no buddha can explain the basic fucking problem of how can their be karmic retribution in the next life for a being/self which doesn't exist. how can a non existent nothing/illusion be reincarnated

there aint nothing more KEK than a western buddhist LMAO

and by the way, buddhism as it is actually practiced as a religion with customs etc is fucking SCAM KEK, especially therevada. there's tithing and monk reverence and 'making merit' (i.e. getting money cucked), they do nothing good for society, all monks demand reverence demand YOU do specific fucking bullshit when giving them FREE shit, which they fucking expect, there is a deep ingrained misogyny in monk life

it functions like any other retarded religion. so you monk rules where they aren't allowed to touch money. this is supposed to detach the monk from the world in order to study the darma. but no instead they jst get around it by insiitng KEKS hand them money in envelopes... hundreds of other bullshit like this, ESPECIALLY THEREVADA

the buddha was an idiot hindu poo in loo, who was fucking depressed but couldn't suicide due to his folk beliefs in samsara. he cucked himself out of a prince lifestyle and birthed the hellspawn that are western 'Buddhists' (muh mindfulllness lmao) onto this god forsaken planet.

FUCK BUDDHA FUCK YOU

most practicing buddhists do idol worship and treat the buddha like a fucking divine being, which is precisely the opposite of what he taught. this is the reality of how the religion functions.
>>
>>77786647

Wanna be Australia: the Post
>>
>>77749240
Buddhism doesn't require you to bend over to a foreign, hostile culture in the name of peace and tolerance
>>
>>77751000
>There's is actually nothing in principle pacifistic about Buddhism, unlike, say, Jainism for example.

>Even Buddha punished evil

Buddhism being a pacifist religion is a meme.
>>
>>77777777
>>
>>77785111

PRAISE KEKKU
Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.