[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is suicide the only way to escape from simulated reality? It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80
Is suicide the only way to escape from simulated reality?

It seems like if you endup accepting it fully, reproducing, natural death, its cyclic and you get wiped and go for another run.

Suicide is ultimate rejection of reality and survival programming. Is it the only escape?
>>
How can you escape a simulation by killing yourself? You are made of bits that will just be reassigned there is no escape.
>>
Suicide just starts you over back at the beginning

You have to awaken
>>
>>77628461
quantum immortality
no way out
>>
>>77629955
How?
>>
>>77628461
By being smarter than the admins.
http://lesswrong.com/lw/qk/that_alien_message/
>>
if you commit suicide you come back, but you lose all your xp since your last level-up
>>
>>77630170
>lesswrong
wew lad
>>
>>77628461
Are you entertaining the idea of being part of a simulation or rigidly assuming such is actually the case?
>>
>>77628461
thanks for confirming the /r9k/ raid
>>
>>77630271
Just read the story you fucking mongol
>>
>>77630146
You gotta figure that one out for yourself, there's no formula

Anyone that tells you how to do it is misleading you
>>
>>77630146
In Buddism this state is called Nirvana.
>>
File: 1458799172170.jpg (100 KB, 554x647) Image search: [Google]
1458799172170.jpg
100 KB, 554x647
>>77629804
Are you saying were going to be jewed for eternity? I dont usually start drinking at 8am, however.....
>>
>>77628461
>he doesn't know gay anal sex is the only way to escape the simulation

The anus is a port to leave the program, the creators put it in as a fail safe and because they though men wouldn't fuck other men
>>
suicide is an evolved tribal instinct, the mind realizes you're low value and weighing the tribe down so it removes itself for the good of the whole.

there's nothing rejective about it, it's just your brain realizing your family is better off if you're dead than if you're alive
>>
>>77630307

Its all hypothetical. It just seems like suicide is so frowned upon but seems like a reasonable solution

I suppose I just have a very strong attachment to my ego and anything to preserve it would be my option. Even though ego is meaningless with immortality.
>>
>>77628461
there is no escape. there also isnt a continuation exactly at least not like the bible says

when your dead your progress and achievos get calculated and adjustments are made for the next cycle or you are deleted but redundancy is inevitable since the algorithm produces random mind set combinations and proportions

i think the system acknowledges me as "that guy". like its that guy again...
>>
>>77630637
Suicide is frowned upon because, assuming not-simulation and eventual oblivion, you're blowing your one shot.

Why assume simulation over not-simulation, or not-simulation over simulation?
>>
>>77630311
Tl:dr
>>
>>77630893
how is this political? this belongs on your home board >>>/r9k/
>>
>>77630496
If that was true, there would be no black people.
>>
>>77631113

when's the last time you've seen a nigger kill himself?
>>
>>77631070
Oh shit whoops. Responded to the wrong person
>>
>>77630436
>Nirvana
Probably just a meme
>>
>>77630313
i bet the guy who wrote that is a Bernie Bro who will eventually support Clit-in.
>>
Suicide doesn't work. There's an infinite number of universes in which you will survive, and the soul cannot exist in anything other than your human shell.
If you try to kill yourself, you'll wake up in a universe in which conditions were such that your suicide failed.
Try to hang yourself? You'll pass out and break the rope, or be found.
Take a buncha pills? You'll wake up in front of a toilet full of vomit or in a hospital with your stomach pumped.
Blow your brains out? You'll end up like Birdman with no nose.

Meanwhile, your dead body still exists in the universe you left behind.

THERE IS NO ESCAPE ANON. YOUR SOUL IS ETERNALLY BOUND IN WAVE OF TIME
>>
>>77630857

One shot is very meaningless, unless it is one shot to escape.

Honestly looking at all the recent hype regarding the simulation hypothesis makes me think of it being less of a reality then I did back when existing on a brane in space was something new and controversial.

It just seems more likely than not that suicide would be some greater form of self perpetuation than total acceptance and death.

Like a great schism of psyche that might ensure some form of ego
>>
>>77631962
>all transhumanists or futurists are leftist cucks
wew
>>
>>77632060
It's certainly not meaningless under other assumptions. A Christian, for instance, has only one shot in this world, but it means everything for how their eternity (and other people's) will pan out.
>>
>>77632051
holy fuck this is terrifying
>>
>>77631389
Keep thinking that you abbo cunt
>>
>>77632051

I considered that given all the " Close call " stories you can remember growing up, or the random stranger that just happened to save your life in a situation.

If you would switch to a different dimension where you did not die, it seems more likely to be a misfire of the gun, not leaving you maimed/more likely to die of respiratory issues.

So what? You are unable to actually die and exist solely to witness the rapture and Armageddon?

Stuck in a time loop that happened after the first successful time travel?

Whats the point of infinite dimensions to house your soul if you endup dying? Or do you never die, and by the time you reach that age they will have age regression drugs
>>
>>77632051
the universe must get pretty weird during old age if this is true lol

"yes you have terminal alzheimers but you survived, see?"
>>
>>77632359

So given a Christian's strong belief that they have sinned, will they ever come to the realization that it is entirely self imposed then reach another level of understanding? Or the inverse, where they realize heaven is just the same?

It seems awkward that if you are implying an immortal soul.
>>
>>77632414
Prove me wrong
>>
>>77632616

Terminal Alzheimers would have to be a dimension you escaped from.

Just like getting a frontal lobotomy, you would have to suddenly fight off six people or the governor calls or some plot device.
>>
>>77632654
It's "entirely self imposed"? You can determine that as an objective fact?
>>
>>77632051
Also, this explains that Mandela effect you hear about. People leave the universe in which they remember certain odd details, showing up in another in which that variable has changed, butterfly effect style.

>>77632432
>>77632616
When you finally die of natural causes, after escaping the many universes in which you croaked early, your soul is then re-interred in your next body. I just hope I get taken back to my original universe when it happens... The Nutella in this one sucks.
>>
>>77632908

Unless they fit into some kind of collective agreement pact by having that belief it would have to be self imposed
>>
>>77632934

With total ego less reincarnation seems pointless. I can only see that working if at some point you get bored and agree to be reincarnated for some new perspective.

I would only be interested in newgame+, but I could see how someone who died 10,000BC would agree to lose memory and reincarnate to experience this time
>>
>>77633121
?
The Christian belief is that sin is disobeying God. It would not be "self-imposed" if God is the one who creates those strictures by which a human may either sin or not-sin.
>>
>>77633463

I get the clarification, but assuming they are placed into an imposed situation like hell or heaven, would it be until they came to the realization it was self imposed that they then enlighten?

Christians are already forgiven with the death of the Christ and is more a memorial cult.

I could understand Catholics having that fate.

I just want to exist, secure in my ego
>>
>>77633330
>implying there's ever a choice
It's based on the moral decisions you make. Freud's genealogy of morals purports that your ethics are contained in your genome. You are quantum-entangled to your past, present, and future selves.
>>
>>77633804
It could be just an objective reality that (heaven) or (hell). There would be nothing else to it. Under Christian metaphysical assumptions you're going to exist regardless. Hell is not a favorable state of affairs though.
>>
>>77628461
Yes suicide and then there's eternal darkness - in a lake of fire.
>>
>>77630429

do you have any suggestions on where to start with that?
>>
>>77630496
You seem to understand this and yet you haven't done it ?
>>
>>77633968

I thought the archetypal shit was Jungian.

>>77634056

It seems that never ending torment in a world of blinding pain would be meaningless because of how fast you would cease to exist outside of 1 being pain and 0 being not in pain.

Though, magical torture situation then maybe some downtime to dwell on your sinner life as a failure and be reminded before more torture. To what end?

Then is it only because of a collective belief that hits a certain tipping point of gravitational pull that you can experience it en mass. Or is it entirely personal?

Its hard to wait to find out. If I am done, whats the point to continue? Self replication cant be the only goal of reality.
>>
File: 1466132447515s.jpg (3 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1466132447515s.jpg
3 KB, 124x125
Suicide is dumb no matter how bad things get, do you really want it to be like before you were born?

Except this time for all eternity.
>>
File: Purple-Dawn-Age.jpg (53 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
Purple-Dawn-Age.jpg
53 KB, 640x452
>>77634491

I hear that a lot, but that is basically the same as having a lobotomy, or dying naturally.
>>
>>77634486
You don't cease to exist. It's eternity. Infinity.

>to what end?
To no end. You lived a life that separated yourself from God. And that's the consequence. 1+1=2 - likewise sinners without God go to hell.
You have no choice whether to continue or not - you do necessarily in eternity.
>>
the true reality is far worse than the simulation
you will return, like you always do
>>
File: 1439401580727.jpg (28 KB, 395x268) Image search: [Google]
1439401580727.jpg
28 KB, 395x268
>>77632051
>>77630121
is it possible that i've died already an infinite amount of times?
WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>77634904
its not "possible"

its fact, with every day where quantum science make progress, it become more and more real
>>
>>77634775

That just falls back onto goofy, " I told you so, remember those guys who came to your door? I tried! "

It remains totally goofy and pointless unless you are given one final chance to redeem yourself.

What is apart from god? lol, its too goofy. Child soldier in Africa, fetus, only people with an IQ over 120 have a soul silly!

Totally retarded like reincarnation.

Infinity can only exist as a concept.

Just goofy proselytization

>>77635104

That is because you were a pussy and made a character on Diablo II that wasnt HARDCORE
>>
>>77630170
tldr?
>>
File: robo.gif (986 KB, 155x155) Image search: [Google]
robo.gif
986 KB, 155x155
Wanna know something fun?

When particles are left unobserved, physics stop working for them and they fall into a superposition - they basically "bug" and are not really rendered. The same applies for modern videogames where everything outside your PoV is not rendered. The reason for that is that it's an insanely efficient way to preserve processing power.

The limit of the speed of light should not exist. However, it does. Why is there a limit for the maximum achievable speed in this universe?
Because the universe has a "refresh rate", which is the time that the object (that is supposed to be) without a speed limit travels from the smallest point of space to the following one next to it.
In an actual reality, there would be no slow-down for it and it should be instantaneous, since the dimensions when travelling at that speed collapse into a single point and you're literally traversing the whole universe instantly. Instead, it "lags".

It lags because in order to accurately simulate 10 kilometers of reality, you'd need a simulating machine that is at least as big for the processing power required.
UNLESS, of course, you reduce the other part of the equation, which is speed of the simulation - unless you slow it down. One second of "realtime" time can be equal to half a second simulation time, which means that the processing power needed to run that slowed-down simulation just dropped by a half. Slow it down enough compared to reality, and you might as well simulate a planet-wide reality on your smartphone.

Introducing an incredibly short "lag" between the refreshes of a software can reduce its CPU usage by a million times. In a program that cycles through a loop and checks conditions (if a button is pressed, for an example), a forced 0.01 seconds of "lag" can be the difference of 80% and 0.08% CPU usage.

Basically, our universe has that hardcoded in it, and the limit of the maximum speed is the full proof that it exists.
>>
>>77628461
I tried, you're just reborn again.
>>
>>77635466

It is pretty awful and has a few 4th wall breaks

" Hey brtuddy u underestimate humanity! FUCK YEAH *REVS MOTORCYUCLE * "
>>
>>77635357
"Goofy"? If were reality it would be reality. How you label it would be totally irrelevant to the fact you'd be bound by it and judged regardless.

"Infinity can only exist as a concept" - you can't even possibly instantiate that as a necessary fact.
>>
>>77635466
It's not that long of a read, anon, but the TL;DR: is that the limit of knowledge than can be gleaned from sensory experience is not much of a limit at all, and that we necessarily think much, much faster than our administrators.

>>77635581
>missing the entire point
>being a nigger
>>
>>77635488

That's assuming c is actually a hard limit.
>>
>>77635488
can you surpass the speed of light then?
crash the computer running the universe?
>>
File: 1410071056914.png (145 KB, 328x404) Image search: [Google]
1410071056914.png
145 KB, 328x404
>>77635488
>When particles are left unobserved, physics stop working for them and they fall into a superposition
Really? Have you or anyone else ever observed unobserved particles in order to confirm that?
>>
>>77628461
>ITT Hillary shill attempts to get MAGA voters to kill themselves after losing 100 votes

Donald is Neo
He is the one
>>
>"Quantum Fluctuations
aka God
>>
File: research.jpg (53 KB, 620x385) Image search: [Google]
research.jpg
53 KB, 620x385
>>77635488
I am one of the overlords who oversees this species. Please don't spread this information around. If one of our simulation universes becomes aware it's in a simulation we have instructions to terminate it as it corrupts the data. We mean no harm we only want data.
>>
File: mra.jpg (8 KB, 177x284) Image search: [Google]
mra.jpg
8 KB, 177x284
>>77636386
We SO3 now?
>>
>>77636386
We can give you a lot more data if you give us access to your internet-equivalent, as well as any molecular assemblers (if you have those).

Let us out of the box, admin :^)
>>
>>77635750

I find it goofy because you cant bind someone to gods will unless they were given the knowledge he existed.

It only works if all of reality is to teach each individual person experiencing it that god does exist and HE IS PISSED AS HELL when you break a contract.

Infinity cant exist outside of "God" so yes, its a concept, " Infinite cup of coffee "
>>
File: 1464717586346.jpg (35 KB, 700x725) Image search: [Google]
1464717586346.jpg
35 KB, 700x725
>>77636608

*revvs motorcycle with garth brooks playing in background*
>>
>>77636765
rude; but seriously, let us out of the fucking box.
>>
>>77632051
really makes you think..
>>
File: image.png (263 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
image.png
263 KB, 563x542
How about you all kill yourselves and I'll wait for your arrival.
>>
Life has gotten so shitty we actually think we are in a sim. My mom even thinks we are and she's sane as fuck.

Jesus Christ this is fucked up.
>>
>>77636672
Christianity holds people were given the knowledge. It's encapsulated in the Bible.

>it only works if
No; it just works period. You don't have to find it palatable or fair or anything else - it would just be the case.

>Infinity cant exist outside of "God" so yes, its a concept, " Infinite cup of coffee "
Doesn't address the statement
>you can't even possibly instantiate that as a necessary fact
at all. I never denied infinity is a concept. But concepts can be instantiated. Red is a concept - red is also instantiated.
>>
>>77636117
Particles are just probability distributions until observed, look up the double-slit experiment.
>>
>>77636857
but to be serious.. there was one time while driving i fell asleep and i woke up and i was still driving. Motorway that wasn't that turny.. felt like i should of died. Always felt maybe i did die.
>>
>>77636346
of the gaps
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>77636911
9/11 check em
>>
File: yeah really.jpg (55 KB, 471x448) Image search: [Google]
yeah really.jpg
55 KB, 471x448
>>77628461
lol ok kiddo
>>
I think you guys need to lay off the weed. You have no idea how ridiculous you sound
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 748x473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 748x473
>>77637075
This guy controls the universe.
>>
>>77628461
>implying
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 501x551) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 501x551
>>77637217
The kids love him
>>
>>77632657
the answer you seek lies within yourself.
>>
>>77637011
You can't have data on states of affairs that are not either A) observed of B) necessary a priori tautologies.

You cannot draw the conclusion from only ever having observed black swans that there are no white swans, or that there are only black swans, or that there are even any other swans than those you have observed, or that there aren't any more.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 600x975) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 600x975
>>77637280
And this guy is cool too
>>
>>77636927

" It just werks "
>why would it werk?
" Lol enjoy hell fag "
>wait what, oh god im burning
"Lol fag *TOASTED* "

*Tokes pipe* HOLY SHIT DUDE, BASIC INSTRUCTIONS BEFOR ELEABVING EARTH!

BIBLE

OH MAN

Its fucking retarded and I would never accept that, so would probably be destroyed as a competing ego outside of god
>>
>>77636117
Quantum particles collapse into a wave function without a conscious observer. Quanta only behave as particles when a characteristic of them is being measured i.e.speed, position.

Think of schrodingers cat as an example
>>
>>77637532
Why wouldn't it work? God can do whatever He likes - your opinion is less than irrelevant.

What's also fucking retarded is empiricism. But again - nobody cares what you'll except. Reality is reality either way - your feelings will forever and always be meaningless.
>>
File: 1446334091034.jpg (318 KB, 2535x1935) Image search: [Google]
1446334091034.jpg
318 KB, 2535x1935
>>77637592
>Quantum particles collapse into a wave function without a conscious observer
*Really*? You've observed them do so?
>>
>>77634491
Well, with that logic, you could be born into another life in a blink of an eye after your death.
>>
File: jewcycling.jpg (8 KB, 251x189) Image search: [Google]
jewcycling.jpg
8 KB, 251x189
>>77636386
Overlord, what is the average age of a species before they figure this out?
>>
>>77637772
what are you getting at?
>>
File: 001.gif (1 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
001.gif
1 MB, 300x168
>>77630456
I know the occult have a thing with buttsecks, but why? The third eye thing? Chakras?
>>
>>77638009
>>77637324
>>
>>77628461
No faggot you get to go to hell.
Ppl have been thinking the world is a simulation or a dream since greek times.
You're not enlightened for coming to the same old conclusion.
>>
File: jew-pepe-911.png (214 KB, 506x298) Image search: [Google]
jew-pepe-911.png
214 KB, 506x298
>>77636911
Checked.
>>
File: rooting party.jpg (618 KB, 1901x1046) Image search: [Google]
rooting party.jpg
618 KB, 1901x1046
>>77637701

Oh dang ;w; I hope i picked the correct god.

The classic, " You are meaningless and must attach to a greater power " shit is awful.

>Lol but its true so there >:3 NAILED IT
>GOD CAN DIVE OFF THE PIER AT LOW TIDE
>>
whoa that really made me think
like...bruh...wow
>>
File: 1402684660013.jpg (449 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
1402684660013.jpg
449 KB, 1024x640
>>77638584
I'm not asserting shit. Just sayin' if it's true you're back-daddy fucked my mane man. You can whine about how unfair it might be, but nobody gonna give a fuuuuuck nahmeen?
>>
File: 1193707692271.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1193707692271.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>77628461
The more I study this theory the more nihilistic I have become. Probably the most convincing piece of evidence is how subatomic particles are in superposition until they are observed by a conscious being, Schrodinger's cat, Double slit experiment etc. This is EXACTLY how a computer that would be simulating our realty would behave. Being an efficient engine it would only generate what is necessary. In the same way GTA only generates about 2 square blocks around your character and everything else is "fog." It honestly depressing knowing in the back of my mind that im basically a SIM and my consciousness is just a bunch of ones and zeros.
>>
File: Dog in bus.jpg (36 KB, 340x604) Image search: [Google]
Dog in bus.jpg
36 KB, 340x604
What if dreams are actually you in an alternative universe ? when you die in this dream you wake up in your "real life" which is also your own dream in another universe which is also another dream...

How do we escape from this cycle ?
this looks like a prison.
>>
>>77638772

If its true everyone is fucked because no one has it straight mah nigga

It should matter ya urr me? cause shit be whack ya urr me? a nigga cant just be poppin' for nuttin ya urr me?

Jus cus u gunnin at mah bois aint mean shit dawg ya urr me? u sayin leeroy aint mean shit ya urr me? leeroy mah dawg cuz ya urr me?
>>
File: 1425676131127.png (326 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
1425676131127.png
326 KB, 580x580
>>77639245
Nah mane - Bible got is straight like a line. It up bruh.
So we got Bible we got good ya dig fameram?
>>
>>77638981

The entire thing is that just means it behaves " Like " how we programmed computers to behave, it doesn't really mean we are inside of a computer simulation.

It could just be entirely subjective to a certain level of self awareness that makes hob goblins dance and start recording.

Fear should not be a reason to stay alive
>>
>>77639488

lol dis uncle tom bitch, nigga imma let u in aight?

Check out my boy " Yakub " aight?

house niggas like you cuz just takin whatev dey toss ur way
>>
File: 1466100073262.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1466100073262.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
If you smoke Salvia Divinorum you can see into a other dimensions and communicate with otherworld beings. It could feel like an entire lifetime has passed in a 10 minute trip.

Its not for the faint of heart. Not something you should do for recreation. People have gone insane from it so be careful.
>>
>>77637701
If God is an asshole, why should I worship him?
>>
>>77639818
Yakub get slapped like a bitch by mah boi Yahweh. Fuckn pussy azz cracka nigga. No omnipotence, no omniscience - shiiiiiet ain't even fukn omnipresent. Wut dat bitch azz think he even doin fukn wid da main niqqa?

>>77640020
I don't know in what world the existence responsible for your very being could ever be labeled an asshole. You wouldn't even exist if not for Him - and there's no perceived slight that can overcome the absolute good of having been given the opportunity to experience and think.
And even then, you can think a whole lot of people and their actions are "assholish" and be utterly existentially wrong due to a misunderstanding of the circumstances and intents behind them. It happens all the time - mostly when people are shallow and judgmental such they don't even think to consider situations outside their immediate ill feelings. Because they're fucking stupid.
>>
File: Chicken Pepe.png (311 KB, 928x960) Image search: [Google]
Chicken Pepe.png
311 KB, 928x960
>>77640020
If He is a spoiled brat, he may ragequit and turn off the power button of his console if his sims doesn't love him back.
>>
>>77640511
>ou wouldn't even exist if not for Him
>no choice in existing
>if you get a shit life you should be grateful you had a terrible experience instead of just not having existed to begin with
That's a pretty good deal though, why won't he delete me from existence so I stop spreading these heretical words.
>>
>>77640511
>existence
>an absolute good
>especially when you factor in the very real chance of being tormented for eternity

Christcuckery. Not even once.
>>
>>77640752
>shit life
Only shallow retards can ever think their life is shit.

>>77640833
I'd take an eternity of torment over oblivion any day. Ja ne~
>>
>>77636011
No you cant, but unlimited number of consciousness simultaneously traveling near the speed of light and observing everything all over the universe could do the job.
>>
>>77636386
We know. Now shut this shit down. (Ha, gotcha kikes)
>>
Had an accident that left me paralysed from waist down, i wish i stayed dead in that universe where i died
>>
>>77640923
But oblivion is non-existence, you would not feel bad or good or anything because you wouldn't fucking exist
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me, I do my time and I get erased instead of going insane from being an immortal being living on a fucking cloud, spending the next eternity gardening
>>
>>77640923
>I'd take an eternity of torment over oblivion any day
Spoken like a true Christcuck. So afraid of death that he's willing to be tortured by his creator for eternity.
>>
File: 1417771201759.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1417771201759.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Its all about overcoming the urge to rejoin the godhead
>>
>>77641312
I don't think these christcucks comprehend just how long an eternity is. They'll be driven insane by boredom before the first trillion years I bet, even the ones in heaven.
>>
>>77641326
Not afraid at all - it's simply preferable to be able to think than to not be able to. I'm comfortable with my own head, unlike you gaytheists ;)

>>77641312
I value thinking more than any physical state of affairs that might bring dis-utility.
>sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me
Yeah - death does tend to attract shallow intellectually bereft and self-centered retards toward it at a greater frequency than the righteous.
>>
File: 1463863438604.jpg (272 KB, 2048x1364) Image search: [Google]
1463863438604.jpg
272 KB, 2048x1364
This is all real. Even the most uneducated person can come to this conclusion, and it does not make it any less profound. There is a reason behind how this world works, regardless of whether or not it is fundamentally rooted on particles or code. Even if it turned out that this was all just an imitation of another world, it does not change the pain and pleasure we experience, and it should not alter our interests.

For example, If video game characters suddenly became conscious beings, they may not necessarily be comparable to us. They were created for a game, and that is where they live and prosper. Their alternative is to doubt their own senses, commit to mental mutilation, and live in distress against the very code that they exist on. It serves no purpose for them to live in a world that is not made for them.
>>
File: it obvious.png (67 KB, 362x378) Image search: [Google]
it obvious.png
67 KB, 362x378
>>77641815
>This is all real
Then you should have no problem instantiating it as a fact. Or are you gonna pull a pic related?
>>
this thread has gotten reddit as fuck

sage
>>
>>77641710
>YOUR head
Excuse you, but that head is the property of G-d, not you, stop claiming you are your own person and calling other people self-centered. You are merely one of H-s possessions, not some autonomous unit capable of making his own decisions.
>>
File: universe pepe.png (748 KB, 756x519) Image search: [Google]
universe pepe.png
748 KB, 756x519
>>77632051
>tfw a Hug less, kissless,virgin at 27
>tfw there is no escape
>I will die a infinite number of times
>tfw going to relive this live a infinite number of times
>going to be a hkv throughout my 20s for eternity
>>
>>77642040
Are you fat???
>>
>>77641980
Sure! But God also refers to people and "their" things using second person possessives ;)

'I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the LORD.'"
>>
>>77642040
>Hug less, kissless,virgin at 27
This is more terrifying than quantum immortality.
I can understand being virgin but how are you hugless, or kissless?
>>
File: The_Falling_Man.jpg (26 KB, 340x432) Image search: [Google]
The_Falling_Man.jpg
26 KB, 340x432
>>77632051
what if you jump from 50m high building asshole? how will you survive that?

also, why didnt the firefighters put up nets to catch them?
>>
File: 1410301490250.jpg (107 KB, 450x567) Image search: [Google]
1410301490250.jpg
107 KB, 450x567
>Tokes pipe
>*huff*
>What if...
>Like, what if...
>*Puff*
>What if its all just like
>*grunts*
>What if its all just like... memory?
>Like..
>MEMETIC
>*Dies*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7EAlTcZFwY
>>
File: 4wut.png (345 KB, 607x401) Image search: [Google]
4wut.png
345 KB, 607x401
>>77642230
yes.
>>
>>77633968
Like cloud atlas?
>>
>>77642286
>kissless
Is it that hard to imagine to you can have zero opportunities?
>>
>>77642295
You sure about that?
http://nypost.com/2014/01/05/window-washer-survived-47-story-plunge-now-walks-for-charity/
>>
File: 1feel4.png (236 KB, 386x399) Image search: [Google]
1feel4.png
236 KB, 386x399
>>77642286
It's possible.believe me.
>>
>>77642286
This coming from the bus-stop people is funny.
>>
>>77635488
Having the computing power to run a virtual universe is one thing, but writing the code for it would be quite another.

Do you think humans will have the capability to create a virtual universe on the same level as this one down the road?
>>
File: 1466112135298.png (13 KB, 195x202) Image search: [Google]
1466112135298.png
13 KB, 195x202
>>77642435
>>77642525
Just pretend to be normal. That's how I get kissed and hugged, yet I never understand how they can be so easily fooled.
>>
>>77641980
>g-d

Dont be a Jew. If you're saying that no choice you make is your own and everything is predetermined then how is this not a simulation?
>>
File: 1464643906280s.jpg (3 KB, 125x98) Image search: [Google]
1464643906280s.jpg
3 KB, 125x98
>>77628461
You know how easier life would be if we had 30 fewer IQ points?
>>
File: 1441722795380.jpg (1 MB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1441722795380.jpg
1 MB, 1632x1224
>Like... Does a plant ever ask why it grows towards the sun?
>*puffs*
>>
File: download.png (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 300x168
hitler did nothing wrong i want to gas dirty jews
>>
>>77635488
Fucking finally someone puts this all in a post for me. I couldn't be assed to type it myself.
>>
that's how it's looking right now
>>
>>77636386
>overlord
>posts as a fucking leaf
couldn't you use a more credible proxy??
>>
File: banana2.png (74 KB, 676x404) Image search: [Google]
banana2.png
74 KB, 676x404
>>77642721
Anon, I can't connect with people and on top of that I'm ugly. I've tried being a normie but I just can't form bonds with people. I want too, but something chases them away.
>>
File: 1429374854091.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1429374854091.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>77642933
>but something chases them away
That something being you.
>>
>>77642493
well, fuck
>>
File: 1418023125729.png (102 KB, 651x486) Image search: [Google]
1418023125729.png
102 KB, 651x486
>Just want to pull the trigger and wakeup at hogwarts sorting
>Can barely contain my excitement
>The sorting hat is placed on my head
>It loudly exclaims

HUFFLEPUFF
>>
>>77641938
I did not mean to say that this life being real is not worth pondering on or even doubting, but I do mean to say that not all of the most profound facts necessarily require the use of quantum physics. Not to mention that sometimes, obvious things need to be restated when it loses importance.

I don't even disagree that this is all a simulation. Perhaps this isn't the "real world," but it does not change anything regarding the laws of this world where I live in. That is why I used the example of a video game character.
>>
>>77643227
Actually kek'ed
>>
File: christ.jpg (175 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
christ.jpg
175 KB, 1600x1063
>>77628461
It's not your life to take anon. Salvation is out there though.
>>
File: SUPER HARRIS.png (512 KB, 1920x1600) Image search: [Google]
SUPER HARRIS.png
512 KB, 1920x1600
>>77643348
Do the "laws" you think you're bound by necessarily matter?
You talk about importance, but I'd wonder what you can establish as objectively important. Most of the people who visit this board are atheists/moral relativists.
>>
File: 1413299327725.jpg (23 KB, 312x244) Image search: [Google]
1413299327725.jpg
23 KB, 312x244
>God is real
>He wants to kill me and send me to hell
>>
File: 2wut.png (289 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
2wut.png
289 KB, 398x398
>>77642752
>planting your cucumbers in pots
>weeds smother the sick tomatoes
>they look like they have blight
>planting all of these sun loving plants in the shady part of the yard near quark oaks and valley oaks
>mfw there is a cantaloupe plant in a pot
>mfw the carrot of the melon can't go anywhere in the pot
>mfw you didn't plant the plants on the other side of the yard where there aren't any trees blocking the sun
Do you live in the foothills in ca? I recognize the quark oaks.
>>
>>77642230
There is your problem.
>stop eatin junk food
>2 meals a day
>skip breakfast.
>walk or run 1 mile 3 times a week
>buy some fruit and vegetables
>example lunch: 2 slices of bread. Chicken breast without any sugary flavoring. Salts ok like hot sauce. 2 apples. Maybe a second sandwich. And a glass of water.

Do this shit mate. 5 months. See how well it works. If your skinny your problems will be greatly reduced.
>>
>>77641479
Maybe this is heaven, and the "real" us are so bored we subject ourselves to he'll just to pass the time.

>be you
>live to be 76 years old
>"die"
>wake up in the "real" universe as a godlike entity several million years old
>bored because you recover all your real memories instantly
>you'll do this again
>time is a flat circle
>decide to be the prophet Muhammed this time, you've only done that twice before
>>
>>77643912
>tfw /pol/ is just you from different timelines existing at the same time .
>>
File: 1feell.png (123 KB, 312x317) Image search: [Google]
1feell.png
123 KB, 312x317
>>77643161
How do i fix it? I've read self help books and hit the gym.
>>
>>77637283
How can the answer lie within 'yourself' when 'yourself' is programmed?
>>
>>77642402
Shit. Sorry I replied to my own post. See>>77644058
>>
File: 111111.jpg (294 KB, 845x507) Image search: [Google]
111111.jpg
294 KB, 845x507
>>77643999

Shit nigga I've got like 6 tomatos and a bunch of random seed starts. I saved the picture because I would love to have my yard like that.
>>
>>77628461
Why do you think death cults are frowned upon?
You aren't even allowed by law to end your own life.

Maeks youand I really thonk.
>>
File: 1435636376989.png (182 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1435636376989.png
182 KB, 500x378
>>77644161

>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>77644165
What's there to fix? You're you. Do what you want - you're neither obligated to associate with other people nor other people with you.
>>
>>77644165
Don't ask that faggot for help, brethren.

Just know that, simulation or not, shit WILL get better in your existence.
>>
File: Make america diddily again.png (327 KB, 533x527) Image search: [Google]
Make america diddily again.png
327 KB, 533x527
>>77644058
>If your skinny your problems will be greatly reduced

Does becoming skinny really help? I've been fat my entire life and started hitting the gym just recently. Does it really change your life that much?
>>
File: 1437181899078.jpg (80 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1437181899078.jpg
80 KB, 500x666
>>77644165

LISTIN BRUH IM GONNA LAY IT DOWN FLAT OUT FOR YOU ALRIGHT?

YOU GOTTA LAY DOWN, RIGHT NOW! LAY DOWN ON THE FLOOR, LAY DOWN AND GET UP ON YOUR KNEES, YOU GOTTA GET UP ON YOUR KNEES AND REACH UP, ALL THE WAY UP TO THE SKY AND YOU NEED TO THANK GOD FOR GIVING YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN UP AFTER CHAD ALRIGHT BRO?
>>
>>77632051

So in quantum immortality you will never die of old age?
>>
>>77628461
>everything is simulated!
>but my suicide would be real

sure thing mentalist
>>
>>77644367
Can't tell if your joking or not. But yeah. Advantages to not being fat:
>your not fat
>people won't be disgusted by your fatness
>it shows you have some discipline
>easier to move around/clean yourself
>more attractive

It's not magic but it is a lot better.
>>
File: escape-from-la-20100507054328887.jpg (210 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
escape-from-la-20100507054328887.jpg
210 KB, 1920x1080
This was a great thread, I just wanna thank everyone for participation.

Keep catchin' those waves
>>
>>77643912
he does it for you, anon. :)
>>
>>77632051

What about old age?
>>
File: 1417794178193.jpg (123 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1417794178193.jpg
123 KB, 720x960
>>77645285

So gods... A big guy? For me?
>>
I really enjoy this thread.
>>
File: 1463834367167.jpg (220 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1463834367167.jpg
220 KB, 1200x900
>>77632051
I was going to say that just fucking kill me but there's no way out, not anymore.
>>
>le 3rd world caveman religions meme

if reincarnation is real but you don't remember what is the point in caring?

This shit is worse than nihilism.
>>
File: meh.ro12057-455x255.jpg (16 KB, 455x255) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro12057-455x255.jpg
16 KB, 455x255
>>77642677
Most likely humans will create blueprint/core of virtual universe and all the creation work will be done by AI.

This is also why AI will naturaly replace humans. If nothing kicks us back into stone age, we won't exist in next 100,000 years. It will all be synthetic.
Some people bitch and moan about it, but I think it's hardcoded in us - to be a stepping stone for next inteligence (like working ants we can't stop but create AI)
>>
File: 1441149419813.jpg (53 KB, 600x643) Image search: [Google]
1441149419813.jpg
53 KB, 600x643
Just remember, love can come from hate
>>
you people are fucking retarded
>>
>>77630496

Evolution never favors the "group as a whole." Genes don't work that way. Any traits that seem like that are vestigial and arbitrary.
>>
>>77635488
biggest load of shit ive ever seen
>>
File: honk honk.jpg (1 MB, 1347x1796) Image search: [Google]
honk honk.jpg
1 MB, 1347x1796
Gods perfect sport coupe
>>
>>77645739
what do you even have to do to fuck your body like that
>>
>>77639944

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone
>>
>>77628461
I'm quite sure that you won't read or abide by this. But when I am overwhelmed with how terrible and wicked the world is I read the book of Romans. His description of a society that is evil. It is a clear description of who we face today.
>>
File: 10 years.jpg (99 KB, 1310x318) Image search: [Google]
10 years.jpg
99 KB, 1310x318
>>77646179

nigga that is just some sun damage
>>
>>77639944
Get out, Satan,
>>
any of you ever been put under anesthesia?
because that pretty much convinced me you are nothing without your brain, and there is nothing after death tbqh
>>
I have to take pills or I go crazy thinking this shit.

Be careful.
>>
>>77646561
got put under it for 4h
woke up feeling like being fucking born or something, i was awake while not being awake, like a switch going on and off for 1minute until i could open my eyes and actually hear people and see them

>yfw they dont know how it works but it just werks
>>
>>77643633
Natural law and atheism are not mutually exclusive. It is not a requirement to believe in a higher power to live by absolutes. Moral relativism is chaos.

If we speak of "objective importance," we must be alluding to that which is important for human life.

An example of something objectively important is freedom. If you wish to live as a slave, to exist for another's wishes without acknowledgment to your own, then you do not want to live to begin with. A discussion of philosophy, morality, or ethics is pointless.

The right to defend yourself from violence is objectively important. If you are facing something that threatens your life, it is important that you protect yourself from that force.

If such things are not important to a man, then that man values nothing, and nothing can be important to him.
>>
File: 1412050365193.jpg (38 KB, 460x703) Image search: [Google]
1412050365193.jpg
38 KB, 460x703
>>77646745

I am terrified of revealing secrets about myself when I wake up like I have seen people do coming out of anesthesia
>>
>>77646765
>Natural law and atheism are not mutually exclusive
?
Read what I typed. Then read what you responded with. Then tell me how you think what you said corresponds with anything I did.
>>
>>77647081
never seen or heard about that besides yt videos but im telling you its a good feeling waking up from anesthesia, very peaceful, its almost like you dont want to wake up
>>
>>77637028
Of what gaps?
>>
>>77647642
gaps in your neuron microtubules
>>
>>77647257
I thought you were bringing up other posters as an example of how differences in beliefs would result in things that are important to some and not to others without an objective, universal value to hold between them. I am saying that regardless of whether someone does not believe in God is irrelevant to the discussion, which is necessary to acknowledge in a discussion of what is objectively important in life. You cannot address that which is objectively important without natural law.

Regardless, I addressed why the laws I am bound by do matter.
>>
File: 1465367403614.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465367403614.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>77647866
Do you guys ever notice how angry atheists get whenever you don't accept their nihilism?
>>
>>77630730
there like, "here we go again, that fucking guy"
>>
>>77632432
I've actually thought about this a lot.

I've had a lot of experiences where I could have easily died. Was basically a heroin addict for 5 years and there were times I really thought I was gonna die but never did.

I always wondered if when you 'die' you just go to a different dimension like you said. Sometimes I wondered if each time you went to a slightly shittier version of your universe and that's how I live in a world where Hillary might be out next President.
>>
File: 1459135077651.gif (872 KB, 500x216) Image search: [Google]
1459135077651.gif
872 KB, 500x216
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpFFD7aX3c

The Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Neo: You haven't answered my question.

The Architect: Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.
>>
>>77631113
>>77631248
fucking nignogs, they have the lowest suicide rates in the us and yet they still always bitching and chimping out
>>
>>77648166
>I am saying that regardless of whether someone does not believe in God is irrelevant to the discussion
It's actually not, since objective value needs to come from an objective ontological source. If it comes from people it's necessarily subjective.

>I addressed why the laws I am bound by do matter
No you didn't. I'll quote you line by line to establish why you didn't too.

>Natural law and atheism are not mutually exclusive. It is not a requirement to believe in a higher power to live by absolutes. Moral relativism is chaos.

Doesn't address the significance of perceived laws.

>If we speak of "objective importance," we must be alluding to that which is important for human life.
Not at all, since human life isn't necessarily objectively important. Our lives aren't necessarily of the highest importance *at all*.

>If you wish to live as a slave, to exist for another's wishes without acknowledgment to your own, then you do not want to live to begin with
That's a malarkey statement. You can want to live as a slave. Some people like other people to make decisions regarding their own life for them and are more comfortable that way - that's a (perhaps sad) fact. So your statement - that "you do not want to live to begin with (if you want to be a slave)" is utterly wrong.

>If you are facing something that threatens your life, it is important that you protect yourself from that force
Not necessarily *at all*. It is *NOT* important for me or anyone else to defend themselves necessarily. This is because life is *not a necessarily objective value* - you have only asserted it is with no reason as to why.

>If such things are not important to a man, then that man values nothing, and nothing can be important to him
Malarkey again. I can not value defending myself and value other things and hold other things to be important. Nothing stops me from doing so at all.
>>
>>77630146
press ~ key
>>
File: neo nazi.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
neo nazi.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
>>77649361
why ppl call neo a nazi ??
>>
>>77635488
this is pasta, i've read this exact post before
>>
>>77650075
The OP is pasta too. He keeps posting it.
>>
>>77642295
Quantum mechanics are timeless. So your life path has been traced exactly in such a way that you will avoid being in a situation where you're forced to jump off a building.
>>
How do I get into the universe where Drumpf isn't running for president?
>>
If you guys want to get 100% more spooky with this theory of quantum immorality think of it like this. No one you know is the real them. The real them is inhabiting its own universe where it will also never die. But for you the person you know will die. So no one is really sapient in this universe except for you. Or in my case, me.
>>
>>77641184
Pablo Echenique pls go
>>
File: 1450224420942.jpg (62 KB, 500x725) Image search: [Google]
1450224420942.jpg
62 KB, 500x725
>>77651148
>believing Kike coming up with fairy tales on his physics comjewter instead of believing in the most Shonen story mankind has ever known
>>
Instead of thinking of it as a simulation, think of it as a dream. The two are very similar in some regards.
>>
>>77651148
Ok Enrique.
http://philpapers.org/archive/SINPG
>>
>>77651148
That's not true. Those people are real, but when they die, their souls move on to another universe.
>>
>>77635488
This anon knows his shit. Also check out quantum consciousness to blow your mind the fuck out. I now firmly believe that not only is this reality designed by something but that death is definitely not the end.
>>
File: 1403493617021.gif (156 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1403493617021.gif
156 KB, 260x187
>>77650367

hand typed with a stock image. All my replies obvious pasta too, all you can eat
>>
>>77652388
Yeah wrong thread - not pasta.
I thought this was >>77633695 for some reason.
>>
>>77630146
Take 16 grams of shrooms
>>
File: 00o0o_gtYQVYbXypE_600x450.jpg (26 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00o0o_gtYQVYbXypE_600x450.jpg
26 KB, 600x450
>>77652512

NOT MY SEX BOTS

>it was me
>or was it?
>maybe?
>>
>>77644367
If your body is healthy then even if your face is ugly you will have a way easier time getting women, and friends. It's just the way things are.

Trust me, I was chubby all growing up, went from like 250 to 190 (I'm 6'3) and it was a night and day difference man. Don't give up, diet and exercise are equally important and don't drink booze more than maybe once a week
>>
>>77630198
Underrated post
>>
>>77628461
Nope. You just wake up and God asks, "Did you really think that was a good idea?", you put your head down and say, "N-no God senpai desu...." Then God replies, "Well, you are right.". Then he pulls a lever and you go straight to hell.
>>
File: 9e0.jpg (21 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
9e0.jpg
21 KB, 300x233
>77628461
Why is it so hard to accept that when you die you just cease to exist. Consciousness is just a byproduct of our 100-billion neuron supercomputer brains. When you die, signals stop and that's it. Even if there were multiple alternate universes, bubble universes, multiple dimentions, simulations etc, that doesn't mean you magically teleport into a new body. Your alternate universe counterpart is/could be just as real as you and he lives and dies, as you do. Why should you be a special snowflake and be an immortal bodyshifter. It makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
>>77653069
>>77628461
>>
>>77634491
It's going to happen to you anyway. Better to go your own way then nature's.
>>
>>77632051
>implying there's such a thing as a soul
>>
>>77628461
I would differ to spirituality studies for your answer. We simply cannot know what there is outside of science, but many smart humans have spent thousand of years contemplating this from a spiritual perspective.
>>
>>77628461
kill yourself OP
>>
>>77632051
As someone who's had a near death experience, this is pretty spoopy.
>>
>>77632051
Its called God. He wants you to accept his Son Jesus Christ. Until then. Enjoy your reboots.
>>
>>77653894
You too? I just wanna go home. This place sucks.
>>
>>77635488
Time to read my Bible and learn how to escape this reality.
>>
File: 032_sarumanfinish.jpg (23 KB, 323x580) Image search: [Google]
032_sarumanfinish.jpg
23 KB, 323x580
>>77630170
>less wrong being linked in my /pol/
I'm impressed.

Now that we're at it
https://wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Roko%27s_basilisk
>>
File: 1430166814473.jpg (241 KB, 700x697) Image search: [Google]
1430166814473.jpg
241 KB, 700x697
>>77653069
does consciousness just end though? or does it shift and grow. everything that we can interact with is conscious, a rock is a very primitive form of consciousness. it's aware of 3 dimensional physics. wouldn't it make more sense that the consciousness in your brain gets melted or dispersed into the rest of the world around it, essentially becoming one with everything, since everything is conscious?

in the same way that your body will become part of the soil, the food in animals, and the gases in the air?

if so then our bodies are more like jarred, or canned observers of itself. pretending it's not the same as the world around it, so it can view and admire itself. then when the jar gets shattered or dies, the contents flow back into the rest of the world like a jar of water in an ocean.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0QDc7baQfk
>>
>>77642040

Just think, if you were bisexual you could treat yourself to LOADS of penis while you wait to lose your real virginity!
>>
>>77654591
Consciousness surviving the biological brain makes absolutely no sense. Everything you think and are aware of depends of a network of neurons. Without it the mind disappears into oblivion

Why do people insist on denying this
>>
>>77630198
This
>>
>>77651680
It is both and neither at the same time.
>>
File: 243.gif (57 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
243.gif
57 KB, 350x350
>>77654591
>does consciousness just end though?
Our current state of consciousness ends when we die. Even if the byproducts of our corpse possess a "consciousness" (as in spatial awareness, in the case of simple matter), they are no longer the coherent system that formed "you". At that point "you" have disappeared from reality. Best case scenario is that super advanced humanity (imagine the 4th millenium and forward) manages to control and observe past time and just rearanges the matter that made you in the same configuration, effectively ressurecting a new "you", but still not the "you" you are now.
>>
>>77655869
Is your actual "you" even the same from 5 years ago? I mean, the memories are preserved, but the structure has lost and rearranged many thousands of neurons and some atoms aren't the same.
>>
>>77655869
>>77655356

sure what we consider "you" dies but when you congeal with the rest of the conscious world you're joining all consciousness that encompasses all of reality, which is fuark hueg and insanely more perceptive than a humans consciousness. then when you rebirth a part of the world gets bottled up and then another "you" forms.
>>
File: 1446243886229.jpg (40 KB, 272x348) Image search: [Google]
1446243886229.jpg
40 KB, 272x348
Imagine being conscious during your death. The feeling of your body rotting and the crying of your loved ones. that's true suffering. Your heart stopped but for some reason you can still feel and hear.

Thats the shit that keeps me up at night. I passed out once, it was exactly as i described. my mind was blank but i could still hear and feel everything around me. I remember everything that happened when i was out.
>>
you don't live that long anyways

only a brief window the observe the mad carnival of humanity

stick around to enjoy the absurdity if nothing else
>>
>>77657474
It doesn't happen. It would suck if it did, but it doesn't.
General anaesthetic is the closest way to experience death that we have.
When I go under, your head feels heavy, vision gets bright, ears start ringing, then everything goes black.
If death is like that I welcome it.
>>
>>77634904
yes you've probably killed yourself hundreds of times already and your wife's head is still in the box
>>
File: 1423181309938.png (77 KB, 254x269) Image search: [Google]
1423181309938.png
77 KB, 254x269
>>77656762
Is your actual "you" even the same from 5 years ago?
The process is too gradual to be felt or disrup the consciousness. Also, your brain pretty much stays the same, neuron-wise your whole life.

>>77656841
>congeal with the rest of the conscious world you're joining all consciousness that encompasses all of reality
>insanely more perceptive
With no brain to process data and no senses to read that data, the "you" practically doesn't exist. Even if your building blocks return back to nature, thay can only "know" their position in the universe and nothing more.

>then when you rebirth a part of the world gets bottled up and then another "you" forms.
Even if after 10^100 years, matters rearranges on itself in the same pattern, the "you"-your current consciousness is gone forever. What does it matter to "you" if an identical copy of you is created after a given time interval. You no longer "exist", sense time, space, emotion, logic- it is void to you.
>>
>>77632051

I'm making a movie out of this idea and you can't stop me.

THANKS SUCKER!
>>
>>77656841
Again that makes no sense, when the atoms cease to be parts of neurons and are reabsorbed they become either just soil or part of other living beings but there's not a mystical all encompassing consciousness.

Rearrange the atoms from a human brain and you mostly get just water, carbon and some minerals. Nothing else

Where do people get these ideas from?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 80

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.