[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Murricans, I am trying to understand your country. Please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22
File: Celia.png (994 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Celia.png
994 KB, 1024x768
Dear Murricans, I am trying to understand your country. Please explain the following things to me:

1) Why should guns be legal? After the Orlando shooting Trump said that if the people in the club had guns they could have defended themselves. What he didn't say is that if the shooter didn't have a fucking weapon to begin with, which he legally bought, there would have been no need for guns for self defense.

"Guns need to be legal so we can defend ourselves against the danger that we face due to guns being legal" is what you say? This makes no sense to me.

2) What is the problem with increasing the taxes for the rich? You claim to be anti establishment, but you don't want to tax people making billions every year? Why? You are literally voting against you own economic interest.

3) Why do you not want health care? Did you know that despite everyone in Germany being free to visit a doctor for shits and giggles at any time we still spend LESS money per person on healthcare? Because the doctors in the US are free to charge ridiculous amounts of money from their patients and the patients, due to them fearing the loss of their life, are willing to pay whatever sum they are being charged?

I hope you have a nice day my American friends.
>>
>>77622267

Guns are part of the American culture. Personal responsibility regarding healthcare is part of the American culture.
That is intolerant of yours. It's like saying that moral laws should be banned in Iran. It's their culture. You have to respect them.
>>
>>77622267
>as a German that gave up my rights in search of safety

>why is America so backwards
>>
File: Celia1.png (487 KB, 887x698) Image search: [Google]
Celia1.png
487 KB, 887x698
>>77622545
I do respect them, I am trying to understand them. I am not trying to change their ways, I want them to explain their ways to me.
>>
>>77622267
Not a US resident, but perhaps I can help.

1) SHALL. NOT.

If you need a reason, it's so the populace can enact revolution should the government become tyrannical.

If you need a more pragmatic, "now" reason, it's because it would be impossible to get all the guns out of the US, you can't unscramble the egg. At that point you'd be disarming citizens. The overwhelming use of guns in the US currently is not for crime.

2) You tax things you don't want. You tax people for being rich (employing people, usually), then you're making more incentive for people to make money overseas, rather than here.

Also, you assume the rich won't find a loophole, or just move their money offshore anyway.

3)If you can afford it, the US has the best healthcare. That's a big IF. Many people in Canada go to the US for emergency treatment, or cancer treatments, because single payer universal makes waiting lists long as fuck. Even MRI takes a few weeks here.
>>
>>77622267
Guns can be illegally obtained without too much difficulty, especially for people with ties to militarized terrorist organizations, so disarming the people is always a detrimental option
Rich people are not bounded by our country and are free to take their business elsewhere, which we know they will do if working elsewhere becomes economically viable
Anyone who can afford good healthcare would prefer not being forced to pay for someone who can't/ doesn't want to pay and people who can't/ don't want to pay for healthcare would be forced to anyway
>>
>>77622267

>1) Why should guns be legal?
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
See supreme court case DC v Heller

>2) What is the problem with increasing the taxes for the rich
This is a simple economical approach- lets look at from the employee to employer perspective. IF taxes occur for the more rich, do rich ppl have an incentive to keep building up their business knowing more money is being lost?

If the tax for the rich went up from 15% to 20%, that 5% margin can be a potential loss in new infrastructure, more employees, or more bonuses possible for a business. yes a rich person has many resources, but how likely is that resource to be handled knowing more will be lost to a government that just wants to eat the money for reasons a rich person doesn't believe in. That's why i get tax breaks by donating to my local charities.

>3) Why do you not want health care?

I do want health care, but I want the freedom of choosing my own plan, my own cost, and to have a laissez-faire approach to anything involving transactions. Why should I want a government body which barely represents me to make me spend money on a plan or package, which, by the way, almost no one in government has the experience of selling insurance or understands medical needs.

A government should govern, not provide health advice or packages, leave that for companies and hospitals, and allow only government to barely regulate WHAT can be sold.
>>
People willing to murder other people do not care about gun laws. You literally cant just take guns away and expect it to be ok. There are too many out in the hands of shitty people that the only ones left with guns would be criminals. Not only that but the Boston Bomber used bombs, if they want to kill they will do it regardless. I will repeat, if youtake away the right to bear arms he will be defenseless to murderers and govt.
>>
File: H1aMh6T.jpg (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
H1aMh6T.jpg
52 KB, 1920x1080
>>77622802
Nice 2 digit IQ you got here
>>
File: German AR-15s.jpg (238 KB, 837x854) Image search: [Google]
German AR-15s.jpg
238 KB, 837x854
OP is in germany. Germany has one of the largest civilian markets for AR-15s in Europe and there are numerous domestic manufactuerers. Overall the AR-15 is starting to capture a larger pertange of Europes sporting rifle market.

Why do people pretend AR-15s are exclusive to Americans?
>>
>>77622267
>Guns need to be legal so we can defend ourselves against the danger that we face due to guns being legal

We face almost no danger due to guns being legal, mass shootings kill less people than lightning and 90% of street gun crime is gangmember on gangmember.

Guns are used hundreds of thousands of times a year to protect homes and defend against muggings and VASTLY outnumbers criminal use.
>What is the problem with increasing the taxes for the rich?
I want a flat tax ,no loopholes and spending cuts, not just forcing the rich to pay for everything that the government wants to waste money on doing shittily that the private market demolished them at.

>Why do you not want health care?

I don't want the government running my healthcare, look at our VA.

The united states VA is what happens when the united states government gets involved in healthcare.

We were doing fine before Obamacare, could have used some restriction reform but Obamacare will be bankrupt by the end of the year.
>>
>>77622267
The only places where these mass shootings happen in America, are in "gun free" zones: schools, theaters, etc. The nightclub in particular was also a "gun free" zone. There are more guns in the US than people, and simply banning them would be a very difficult task to rid the nation of them all. Not to mention, our constitution protects the basic human right of bearing arms. The only thing guaranteeing any of our rights is the second amendment. What keeps your government one day from stripping you of all your rights and enslaving your nation? Nothing. In the US? The ability to fight back. Whether or not a rebellion would be successful or not isn't important as the possibility of a uprising to bring down a tyrannical government. You also need to understand that guns are part of the American culture, sort of like how losing world wars is part of the German culture.
>>
>>77622267
Ok Kraut we will explaining things for to you
1. Yes
2. Ok
3. Yes
Thanks you having nice day
>>
>>77622267
>What he didn't say is that if the shooter didn't have a fucking weapon to begin with, which he legally bought, there would have been no need for guns for self defense.
That's sounds nice. I'd love if there was unlimited food, too. Then no one would starve.

There's more guns that citizens in the US right now. That's a fact. They aren't just going to disappear.

If you ban guns, the only people who will give them up are the law-abiding citizens that live in the suburbs of metro areas.

Even if we can sit here and say "Wouldn't it be nice if there were no guns?", it's not going to happen.

It's logistically impossible to remove guns from the US.
>>
File: Celia2.jpg (332 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Celia2.jpg
332 KB, 1024x768
>>77623383
You cannot buy them though. It is true we have weapon manufacturers here, but the guns are either being exported or sold to the police force and military. And there is no black market for guns here that I know of either.

You can legally obtain a hunting rifle after going through a lot of tedious and costly legal bullshit but that's about it.
>>
>>77622267

Well, guns being illegal didn't stop the Paris attacks or that British lawmaker from getting shot so what exactly do you think making guns illegal would do?

>Guns need to be legal so we can defend ourselves against the danger that we face due to guns being legal" is what you say? This makes no sense to me.

I say I'm a 100 pound woman that doesn't need to be afraid of a person three times my size

I'm not necessarily against taxing the rich but you shouldn't be punished for being successful, if that happens corporations just move to places where they can avoid taxes, I believe bono or u2 did something like that when they got money from apple

We want healthcare but there are many, many problems to be solved first, most of which I don't care to get into now but, the government has a terrible track record when it comes to running anything, the quality of healthcare would defiantly drop and wait times would increase

And where is your source on spending less per person?
>>
>>77622267

Explain the shootings and killings in France and Australia.

Checkmate.
>>
>>77623762
>The nightclub in particular was also a "gun free" zone

The club had an armed guard at the door who was an off duty copy working security. If there are armed guards they are not a real "gun free zone" as a the criminal would be expecting armed resistance right from the start.

Usually gun free zones refer to soft targets where there is no possibility of armed resistance.
>>
>>77622267
There are numerous issues, really. One is the sheer geographical size of our country- you fail to realize that Texas alone is bigger than most European countries. You're talking about collecting hundreds of millions of guns (way more guns) from a country that is vastly larger than Yurop to begin with.

Secondly, there are many ways to cause damage without guns. A molotovh cocktail would have lit that gay bar up, and nothing in it would have been illegal for the muslim fag who did it.
>>
>>77622267
who is this semen demon
>>
>>77624056
>You can legally obtain a hunting rifle after going through a lot of tedious and costly legal bullshit but that's about it.

I know Germans with more ARs and AKs than me.

You don't know your own laws.
>>
The right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental human right that is absolutely necessary for a free society to thrive.

This is what Americans, most of us, believe.
>>
>>77624341
>If there are armed guards they are not a real "gun free zone"

No

Gun free zones do not in any way refer to securities ability to carry.

There are no Gun free zones that include security.

They are a legal zone in which civilians that are not security agents or law enforcement are not allowed to carry firearms

Some schools have armed security agents on site, does this make them "not real gun free zones"?

no

The night club was a gun free zone and the only person carrying was a security guard that could not keep the club secure.

The people inside were trapped in a building, huddling in a bathroom tweeting that he was coming to murder them.
>>
>>77624056

That pic I posted is the gun store in germany.

AR-15s are perfectly legal in Germany as they are only classified as a class B firearm under german law. I believe this is the yellow card in Germany.
>>
>>77624533
>>77622267

I just came to say:

>muh dick

Also thanks for the tip about

Walkure Romanze, which is the sauce btw for the fellow white man from the Land of the Silver

I'll check it out now, I was getting bored anyway.
>>
>>77622267

Why shouldn't they be legal? There are huge illegal smuggling rings that operate across the US-Mexico border. The only ones who will benefit from firearms regulation are criminals.

See also: The Jo Cox shooting. We have some of the most strict firearms regulation in the western world here in Britain.

>2) What is the problem with increasing the taxes for the rich?

The rich already pay more than 80% of the government's tax revenue. Anyone who thinks the rich don't pay their fair share is economically illiterate.

These people making billions a year can afford to simply move their wealth out of the US if they feel they are being unjustly taxed.

>3) Why do you not want health care? Did you know that despite everyone in Germany being free to visit a doctor for shits and giggles at any time we still spend LESS money per person on healthcare? Because the doctors in the US are free to charge ridiculous amounts of money from their patients and the patients, due to them fearing the loss of their life, are willing to pay whatever sum they are being charged?

The American healthcare system is horribly inefficient, I'll give you that - but the privatized nature of the American healthcare industry allows them to carry out more R&D than any other country in the world.
>>
>>77622267
>"Guns need to be legal so we can defend ourselves against the danger that we face due to guns being legal" is what you say? This makes no sense to me.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
>>
>>77622267
I'm trying to understand anime ass, explain why it gives me such a raging boner
>>
>>77622267
1. Americans mentality is that it is the last defense against a tyrannical government. Should the government start rounding up people and putting them into camps we can fight back, with weapons.

2. The politicians make these laws, the politicians are bought out completely by the rich and therefore they will not pass laws against their puppet masters.

3. See #2.
>>
>>77622267
1) There are more guns than people in the US. This is not up for debate, it is a fact. When you consider the large number of guns in the US and the number of gun owners, 99% of them are used responsibly. Things like hunting, sport shooting, and self defense. The issue in the US isn't so much the number of guns, but the poor checks that we do on people before giving them out. There are certain elements that think that no one should be forced to have a background check or psychological evaluation before being able to purchase a gun. Remember, guns are just a tool, and it requires human will to commit criminal acts. It's also a fun fact to keep in mind that much of the gun violence in the US happens in gun free zones. The real issue in the US isn't guns, or a lack of guns, it's diversity, clashing cultures within the country, and mental illness - all of which the US is bad at addressing.

2) Why would we need to increase taxes on the rich? The US takes in plenty of money to deal with it's various needs. The problem isn't that we tax the rich too little, it's that we're too frivolous with our welfare and military spending, among other things. If we could get spending under control, we could REDUCE taxes on the rich, and still have a very prosperous country and government.

3) The US leads the world in experimental medicine and medical technologies. That's all there is to say about this really. The US citizen pays more for their healthcare, but the entire world benefits due to the massive medical research that the US conducts. Also, medical malpractice laws in our country are really dumb. Essentially what it comes down to is that medicine is expensive so companies can afford to research more/better medicine, and doctors/surgeons are expensive because they have to make enough money to cover their eventual legal troubles when someone gets disgruntled and sues them for million for no damn good reason.
>>
>>77623249
hahaha nice rebuttal retard
>>
>>77626128
>Should the government start rounding up people and putting them into camps we can fight back, with weapons

The germans really helped ingrain this in us tbqh
>>
>>77622267
1) same reason free speech is still legal despite the fact that it triggers people
2) problem is they own our political system, it's like the muslims that own yours they get special political benefits well the rich get them here.
3) we do but rich people make money off healthcare so we are never going to get a healthcare system that doesnt disproportionately benefit them
4) enjoy your hordes of 3rd world muslims germany
>>
>>77624056
"hunting rifle" and AR-15 are not necessarily mutually exclusive
>>
>>77624056
>And there is no black market for guns here that I know of either.
That's because you have you're fucking head in the sand and think "if I don't see it, it doesn't happen". All you have to do is go to come Eastern Europe country to easily buy a gun off the streets and bring it back with you through lax EU borders.
>>
>>77626682
/thread
>>
Are you honestly afraid that the government will try to "round you up in camps" at any time in this day and age? I mean this might happen somewhere in Africa, but not in a first world country, especially at a time where everyone has a camera and internet access and can easily document any crimes their government tries to commit towards their own people.

But even if it did happen, do you think you can win against your government? They have tanks, missiles, drones, whatever. Even if the US decided to murder their own people like the DDR did, do you honestly think that your guns would make a difference?
>>
File: Celia3.jpg (505 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Celia3.jpg
505 KB, 1024x768
>>77627207
Damn forgot my image.
>>
>>77624057
Don't lie. You're a 300 pound trucker named Greg.
>>
>>77627207
And the then it became a bait thread
>>
>>77627207
90+% of military people are conservative, you send them to round up americans you are going to end up having 90% of the military defect, the reason why people want guns is our cops are fucking fascists and having a gun in the house is a legitimate deterrent to having your house invaded by some crazy cop with a god complex
>>
>>77622267
1) Self defense is a fundamental human right

2) Because their money does not belong to the government, and the government wastes almost all of it.
>>
>>77622267

1) because if guns were legal in the UK Jo Cox would be alive, because her security guards would have shot Thomas Mair dead the moment he pulled a knife in her presence.

2. The rich already pay 3 times more taxes than the rest of the US combined. Increasing their taxes further will only drive more of them out of the country, and leave the government with less money, not more.

3. We had sensible, functional health care. Obama replaced that with a lie that is already falling apart, and more lies will only leave us with a bigger collapse.
>>
File: 1451879841155.jpg (165 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1451879841155.jpg
165 KB, 900x600
>>77627207
>Are you honestly afraid that the government will try to "round you up in camps" at any time in this day and age?

No

>I mean this might happen somewhere in Africa, but not in a first world country, especially at a time where everyone has a camera and internet access and can easily document any crimes their government tries to commit towards their own people.

And a gun

>But even if it did happen, do you think you can win against your government?
Yes

>They have tanks, missiles, drones, whatever.
{insert wall of text about how we don't fight in line warfare, drones can't patrol streets, defectors , bombing your countrymen etc etc}

It's more of a preventative measure, we won't ever reach that point because our people are armed to the teeth.
>>
File: JFK.jpg (233 KB, 735x412) Image search: [Google]
JFK.jpg
233 KB, 735x412
>>77627865
Woops wrong JFK image
>>
You do know avatarfagging is against the rules right?
>>
>>77622267

1. Without access to weapons, you are a slave.
2. We should have a flat income tax, and nothing else. The rich already pay about 70% of all taxes in the US, whereas the people who need "equality and fairness" pay under 10%.
3. The government mandating anything to the individual is bullshit.
>>
File: Bertille2.png (1 MB, 2032x3377) Image search: [Google]
Bertille2.png
1 MB, 2032x3377
Thanks for all the answer. Even though I do disagree some of the points made, it is always nice to be have a different perspective. Especially since the German media likes to paint it as "all the poor Americans want gun control but the bad gun lobby is oppressing them". Same rhetoric goes for taxes and healthcare.

I appreciate it.

>>77628026
You are right, let me fix that.
>>
People on a terrorist watch list should not be able to buy guns. That's not to say there aren't issues with the guidelines on the current terror list but regardless they should simply not be allowed to buy guns, it's not a left wing agenda to keep terrorists from buying guns conservatives admit there's room for regulation in the second amendment. Now I believe every American has his second amendment right but when you pose an actual threat there should be precautions.
>>
Didn't you ever watch red dawn ?

skip to 1:10

https://youtu.be/CSLWIx420j4
>>
>>77628492
yeah thats a good idea. lets make a secret list with no due process and if your on it, you loose your rights.
>>
1, 2, 3 - Because they're retards who like guns and never progressed beyond childlike behaviour of stamping their feet if they don't get their way.

Unfortunately they're are retarded children with ready access to weapons and a global reach which makes things shit for everyone else.
>>
>>77628487
>"all the poor Americans want gun control but the bad gun lobby is oppressing them"

The American people ARE the gun lobby

the NRA gets the vast majority of it's funding from grass roots contributions to stop washington gun control.

Your media is in our leftists pockets.
>>
>>77628492
>People on a terrorist watch list should not be able to buy guns.

This is moronic

>people who have done nothing wrong but were put on a list for absolutely no reason should lose their rights without due process because I'm scared!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NHXN751Io
>>
>>77628787
>Unfortunately they're are retarded children with ready access to weapons

Better than living in a Muslim controlled nannystate.

I donated to the Remain campaign.
>>
>>77622267
1. Guns are inanimate fucking objects. If someone shoots someone else, it's the persons fault, not the guns, nor the millions of gun owners who didn't shoot anyone. Punishing everyone for the actions of one or two is not only unfair, but stupid.

2. Taxes are important, but taking more from high earners is tantamount to punishing them for making more, especially given some of the ridiculous plans put forward by some presidential candidates (eg. Sanders)

3. Healthcare is a commodity, not a right. If you want it, you need to pay for it, just like higher education and food. You have the right to acquire it, but how you do so should be up to you, not your neighbors.
>>
>>77623249
Rare flag reporting in, Dutch people
are all niggers and degenerates
that sit around smoking weed all day,
I can guarantee your IQ is far lower.
>>
>>77628487
>in disagree

But you can't refute
>>
>>77622267
Can you explain why our "nations" are prioritizing giving money to economic immigrants who hate us rather than preserve our peoples and cultures?
>>
>>77628787
How's that gun control working for you, Jo?
>>
>>77622267
Why should letting thousands upon thousands of people who refuse to assimilate into your own country be legal? Why should the hard working people be expected to bear their burden? Your country is dying and will soon just be filled with 3rd world barbarians. In AmeriKKKa we have the right to defend ourselves. Thank God my ancestors left your shirt continent
>>
>>77622267
1. 2nd amendment.
2. Americans are optimistic. That's why this country is the sole superpower. Fatalistic yuropoors will never understand.
3.everyone get a healthcare. But some have to go bankrupt Everytime they receive a healthcare.
>>
File: Bertille.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Bertille.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>77628892
>>Your media is in our leftists pockets.

It really isn't. Germany as a whole is a lot more socialist than the US so there is a lot of political overlap, but your leftists don't own our media. Our government owns and manipulates our media.

Also regarding your yt link, I highly doubt that Japan was afraid of armed US citizen. They are afraid of the US army, as they know that they stand no chance in hell in a war with the US. It doesn't take armed citizen for a country to not start a war they know they have no chance of winning.

>>77629571
I don't want to refute. As I said, I am not trying to change your ways, I just want to understand them. In the end lots of it comes down to opinion anyways, there is rarely a right or wrong with political issues.

>>77629689
There is still less than 10% muslims in Germany. How many black people and mexicans are there in the US?

Also Merkel already started deporting the refugees to other EU countries, who will either take in our refugees or pay millions of Euro as a punishment.
>>
>>77630142
>Also regarding your yt link, I highly doubt that Japan was afraid of armed US citizen. They are afraid of the US army, as they know that they stand no chance in hell in a war with the US. It doesn't take armed citizen for a country to not start a war they know they have no chance of winning.

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>77630339
Oh nvm my bad. I was refering to >>77628555 but that poster was not you.

There are so many people in this thread that it is hard to keep my overview.
>>
>>77622267
because violent crimes can occur without a gun, whether knife mugging, breaking and entering, rape etc. "only" around 40% of robberies, and can't find it now but over 80% of forcible rapes were committed with brute force, so physically weaker people or those who just don't want to fuck around with that can have an advantage.
Its hard to say for me but i think people should have higher or lower tax brackets determined by more than just how much they make. some one owns one of a few major industries that cornered the marker of if they just inherited? sure tax a bit higher. someone threw their heart and soul into something and provides a legitimate service? let them make a bit more
I used to have the "personal responsibility" view on healthcare, partly cause I'm very healthy. but i know realize my taxes go to paying for stupid poor unhealthy people anyway and might as well force THEM to pay extra taxes to to cover their own ass.
>>
>>77630142
>exporting barbarians to other European nations is ok.
Srsly how do you become so self deluded that you don't see what's happening to your "nation". Niggers and spices have been in this country since before it's founding and yeah the majority are pretty sit you do find the occasional sane ones! And sand niggers too when you don't put them in their own ghettos. Source:best friend is muslim, lebanese American born, who I've gamble drink with on countless occasions
>>
yo germany got any of those pic of fine ladies where they are getting fucked by black dick?
>>
>>77622267

Because fuck you.
>>
>>77622267
1. fuck off faggot. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
2. no problem with taxing the rich more.
3. we do want healthcare. im personally for expanding medicaid into a universal program. instead of shitty obamacare that just forces me to pay price gougin insurance companies.
>>
>>77628487
I've never actually met one of these people who want more gun control. If I had to guess gun grabbers already live in areas with very strict gun laws and just want to project that garbage on the rest of the U.S.
>>
>>77630794
spices?

you mean like SAGE?
>>
There are more guns than people in the US. Short of an unconstitutional search and seizure, or cucks willingly giving them up (not including criminals, obviously), the only way these are all going away is if they're discovered by law enforcement and slowly confiscated over decades. Pardon me if I'm not in a hurry to be held up by Jamal and Muhammad for the vague notion that my great grandchildren might be safer.

Besides, we don't all live in concentrated cities as is so common in Europe. I live nearly a half hour away from the nearest police station. Even if I wanted to call the cops and hide in a closet leaving my safety in the hands of someone else, I'm not getting a five minute response time.
>>
>>77622267
1. It is our right, literally the 2nd amendment among which our nation was built apon. We don't have a gun problem, we have a minority problem.

2. I really am on the fence about this one.
Less taxed billionaires mean more money for them to expand and create more business thus creating more jobs, more to spend on employee benefits. Not all billionaires are pieces of shit who waste away money. More taxed means more money for the government to waste.

3. I'm perfectly fucking healthy and haven't been to a doctor in almost 10 years, with Obamacare I'm forced to get Healthcare or pay a penalty next tax return. I'm paying for others unwillingly. If I get sick somehow and have to pay a lot it's my fault.
>>
>>77630775
basically meant to say
>50% of robberies
and
>20% or forcible rapes
are committed with a firearm. So if YOU had a firearm there' a very high change you would stop it, without even firing (I'd shoot if they have a knife, and just give money if they had a gun) idk what I'd do if they raped me with a gun...
>>
>>77631437
>Even if I wanted to call the cops and hide in a closet leaving my safety in the hands of someone else

Whom the majority of are bad at shooting.

>you don't need a gun, just get a phone and call someone that can barely use a gun to shoot at people for you!
>>
>>77631629
>I'd shoot if they have a knife, and just give money if they had a gun

Maybe you should pay attention to your surroundings and not walk around nigger ghettos.
>>
>>77631676
Not to mention, as our friends on the left are so quick to point out, they may well be corrupt, racist, or just generally incompetent. I don't understand how you can spend so many years actively protesting the establishment of law enforcement and then claim that the cops are all you need to stay safe.
>>
post more sexy animu grill
also the reason we have guns is so the govt actually has to fucking listen to us.
in a fashist govt the govt has a gun to your head.
in america the people have a gun to the govts head so the govt doesnt fuck with our rights, because no govt actually gives a shit about its people.
>>
File: 66DLM4a.jpg (212 KB, 640x927) Image search: [Google]
66DLM4a.jpg
212 KB, 640x927
>>77631927
>>
>>77624337
I like how he didn't.
>>
>>77622267
To defend yourself and your family against tyranny and crazy people. The shooter would've acquired his weapon through jihadist channels if not legal ones.

>2) What is the problem with increasing the taxes for the rich?
Takes away incentives to keep and spend that money in the country.

>3) Why do you not want health care?
Too many useless minorities would clog up the system. I personally think clinic and ER visits should not be charged, but I would want a system where I can pay to get an MRI and not have to wait 10 months because Lashandar has migraines he can't explain.
>>
>>77631789
uh it was called an example, I do, but some people can't avoid it. Pretty sure there'd be much less rapes if some girls didn't get shitfaced to the point of blacking/passing out (non forcable rape?). but hey thats victim blaming and they can do what they want blaming
>>
when did not having a gun stoped some one from killing other people?

France ban guns and that still happened, twice more people died than in america

Lodon Ban people from walking with spoons and some one with mental iliness,somehow , got a gun and killed a famous lady

my country soft "bans" guns and people kill each other all the time

rape is banned in your country but the muslin are doing it all the time
>>
File: Celia4.png (326 KB, 567x759) Image search: [Google]
Celia4.png
326 KB, 567x759
>>77631994
>post more sexy animu grill

Just play her game and you get all her CGs, plus top tier voice acting plus a good story plus a fictional relationship.
>>
File: 1424187576656.jpg (188 KB, 664x955) Image search: [Google]
1424187576656.jpg
188 KB, 664x955
>>77633792
>a fictional relationship
J-just like dating a real woman, huh?
>>
File: Celia5.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Celia5.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>77634048
No it's different.

3D women are real but their love is not real.
2D women are not real but their love is real.
>>
File: listen up.jpg (46 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
listen up.jpg
46 KB, 400x287
>>77622267
Post 1/2
I'd like to respond to the guns question. I put some effort into seriously writing this so please dont TLDR it. Imo there are four aspects to the resistance to gun control. Availability, culture, choice and military.

The first aspect is availability. If something is illegal that does not mean something is also not available. Making guns illegal will not significantly reduce the availability to those who really wish to do harm. In fact, chances are the lack of legal means to acquire firearms might empower criminals to traffic and sell more guns... thereby putting money and power into the hands of criminals while taking it out of the hands of the law-abiding citizens. Pandora's box has been opened and what has come out can never truly be put back in. There is no realistic way to completely disarm the USA without making extreme tradeoffs concerning liberty, privacy and the rule of law. Not completely disarming the USA would result in a gun ban bringing almost entirely imagined security rather than real security since the weapons are still available for those who wish to do harm.

Then there is the cultural aspect. To many Americans the freedom to have weapons personally available is an important aspect both practically and symbolically of the ability to provide for and protect yourself without the interference of a third party (in most cases the government). This is rooted in the fundamental American ideal of self-determination and freedom from governments and other actors that dictate and oppress the individual citizens or family units. The second amendment is also a major symbol of the almost divine status of the constitution in American culture and politics. Removing one right is seen like the first step to removing them all.
>>
File: 1465904332689.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1465904332689.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>>77633792
>Just play her game
And what is her game?
>>
>>77622267

who is this cumani kumani?
>>
File: 1433885585451.jpg (7 KB, 160x215) Image search: [Google]
1433885585451.jpg
7 KB, 160x215
>>77635397
Post 2/2

Then there is a third aspect... maybe the most interesting one. Many American people are willing to make the trade. They are okay with sacrificing some (largely imagined rather than real) security in order to gain or keep their liberty. Really every step towards security can be seen as a step away from liberty as any policy scientist or political philosopher can tell you. Americans have made their choice. They'd rather have the right to bear arms than the imagined security that a firearms ban would bring. Ofcourse there is also a portion of the US populace that does not wish to made this trade. That is where the sides of the debate are most fundamentally divided and also the point most commonly ignored when either side states their argument in the media.

Then a fourth aspect crops up. The military defense of US soil. A Japanese general is often misquoted to have said something like "Attacking the American mainland is doomed to failure because there is a rifle behind every blade of grass." The prevalence of weapons and ammo among citizens of the USA is a major deterrent to any enemy that would take military action on American soil. Should a war break out the USA not only has the most powerful military in the world but also the best equipped militia to have ever existed. While China can boast a gigantic potential for infantry power through conscription it is the USA that has a giant army at the ready before war is even whispered about with near-zero industrial or financial investment required to mobilize it. This is like the infantry equivalent of having hundreds of "dirty" nuclear warheads aimed and ready to fire at all times.

I hope this clarifies the gun issue in America and why gun control is not a no-brainer like so many Euros think it is.
>>
File: 52525.jpg (126 KB, 649x471) Image search: [Google]
52525.jpg
126 KB, 649x471
>>77634602
Calm down Gerrmany and just marry your Dutch cousin instead.
>>
File: Sauce.jpg (283 KB, 1866x600) Image search: [Google]
Sauce.jpg
283 KB, 1866x600
>>77635497
Right here.

Also the name is in the thread. It takes you 5 seconds to check for yourself.
>>
>>77635668

i prefer the left

the woman should always be stronger, and taller
>>
>>77636144
I prefer the left as well, but Germany doesn't want to occupy us again.
>>
Have any of you gun-grabbing faggots considered that the cops shot the lion's share of the people at that night club? Did you hear when the cops opened up on the suspect? It sounded like someone lit 10 strings of firecrackers in a bathtub.
>>
I am a real American, Which means I understand the founding principles and the legal form of government. Which this presupposition I can answer.

Guns are legal because people have a right to guns.

A right is an action that does not violate another's rights. it isn't given by the bill of rights, contrary to popular belief.

Increasing taxes for rich sounds better than increasing taxes for poor people yes. But what would be even better is ending the fed, and going back to a real monetary system with sound money, and eliminating the hundreds of unconstitutional departments. do this and there is no longer a problem.

Government-sponsored healthcare isn't a right, and the government does not have constitutional authority to do it. But I will say that it is possible for the government to do it with an amendment. But since an income tax is unconstitutional it would be difficult to achieve.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 700x713) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 700x713
1. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. If its not guns, its bombs, when its not bombs its knive. You can't just ban guns and hope to stop every tragedy. Illegals would probably just smuggle weapons over the border anyway and If the bad guys have guns I want one as well. I prefer extensive strict background checks and regulations, a stop to the selling of military rifles in a civillian model, but a ban on all guns will never happen.
2. Taxing the rich also can hurt people who work hard and deserve their fortunes because they earned it. Taxes on the rich hardly ever just target some elite group of people with undeserved inherited wealth. It's not right to punish people who succeed to support lazy worthless failures who that don't try to better themselves and would rather GIBS ME DAT.
3. I want healthcare but only a couple parts of obamacare are good. it made it illegal for insurance companies to only choose healthy people an let the rest die on the street. Other parts of Obamacare are worthless and just cost money because not enough people will opt in to socialized medicine and will stick with their existing plan. They would need to be forced and private health institutions would need to be acquired and operated by the government.
>>
Question, has the media revealed where he bought the gun? Like named the gun store or the clerk/owner or whoever was on duty that made the sale?
>>
>>77637956
T.Ayn Rand
>>
>>77622267
All these question have the same answer!
FREEDOM!
>>
http://www.mining.com/fifty-killed-in-a-knife-attack-at-a-chinese-colliery/
Fifty killed with a knife

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367?SThisFB
29 dead 130 injured with a knife

Take away guns and they will just use another weapon with just as much success. You are a fucking idiot if you think a gun ban will stop crime or mass killings
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.