[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TIPPING HATE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 31
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
Quite honestly senpai, I hate tipping and the assholes who want them for doing a mediocre job.

Any dumbass can forget my request for water, or carry a plate to my table. Most of the wait staff at any restaurant are assholes anyway. Earning an additional $10/hr or 20% of what I decide to order is straight up retarded.

If you're a waiter/waitress, fuck you. Get a real job if you want to make good money.

Also, the adage that "if you cant afford to tip, you cant afford to eat out" is trash. Enjoy losing business because I have to pay your employees salary.

I suggest a ban on tipping.
>>
>when you order for pick up and they still want a tip

Just fuck my wallet up senpai
>>
>>77607057
The tipping system in Burgerland is fucking retarded. They should just call it a "service fee" since calling it a "tip" implies that it's optional.
The 20% thing is pure bullshit. If I'm eating alone, do I have to tip more if I order a $20 steak instead of a $15 salad?
Servers always say the same shit too.
>it's part of muh wage
>muh $2 an hour
Fuck servers. They're all a bunch of entitled fucks. Tips are just a way to ensure that some wagecuck doesn't spit in your food. Fuck them.
Don't like your job? GET ANOTHER ONE
>>
I agree tipping is shit. If they want to charge me more than their current price, then they should increase their price.
>>
>>77607571
>new restaurant opens up nearby, has pretty state of the art machines
>despite being a burger place with a counter being the only thing separating customers from the kitchen, paying with debit still prompts an inquiry about tipping

Granted, I have never tipped there because the foods pretty pricey as it is, but it's still ridiculous
>>
File: 1465842874931.jpg (14 KB, 240x228) Image search: [Google]
1465842874931.jpg
14 KB, 240x228
I propose to give a tip to the waiter and cook if you really enyoyed your meal and service. I do tip employees who serve me well.
>>
>>77607966
What possibly distinguishes great from good?
A free dessert? A blowey? A massage?
They are literally just doing their job.

Automated servers when?
>>
tipping is extortion
>make up the money my employer won't pay or I cum in your pizza loser
>>
I usually always tip because it fuels my feeling of abundance.

However I can relate with pissed off people from burgerland where tipping is expected.
>>
>>77607057
I like the tipping in the U.S. personally. It gives the waiter an incentive to give you better service otherwise his pay is legally docked
>>
File: 1453657982141.jpg (143 KB, 1004x769) Image search: [Google]
1453657982141.jpg
143 KB, 1004x769
>>
If you tip, you're a part of the problem
>>
>>77608363
This isnt true at all.

Most servers expect 20% or will give you shit service next tiem you eat there.
>>
So I've actually put a lot of thought into why we tip people.

I think tipping is a leftover form of social welfare from a time when America was more capitalistic and didn't have any of the welfare and social safety nets we have today. So back in the day there was no minimum wage, so some people with no skills on the bottom of society were working for very low wages doing things like waiting tables and pumping gas. However, as a society we've always put an emphasis on helping the poor (which mostly stems from the Christian beliefs the country was founded on). So a social contract was formed to help these people in shit jobs, and it's tipping. And it actually works much better than the welfare state. You see, as individuals we can make much better judgments of character than the government. We can see the waitress working hard to do a great job, and we know we're much better off than her, so we tip. Likewise, we can tell if the guy pumping out gas is a burnout druggie so we don't tip. Tipping was a way for individuals to redistribute wealth to those who worked hard for it, and it encourages even the people on the bottom rungs of society to do their jobs well with pride. Tipping is the individualist/capitalist answer to helping the less fortunate. It's done completely voluntarily, and there is no moral hazard. However, with the welfare state and minimum wage laws it's getting kind of out dated, but if we could get back to tipping well we could end the welfare state.
>>
>>77608374
Still gives an incentive to provide better service to earn more money. Overall it still makes sense to me. Hosting and waiting tables I have heard is pretty stressful during lunch/dinner
>>
>>77607057
I hate tipping, but I'll tip at the places where I'm a regular.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38
>>
>>77607057
Tbqh, as a waiter, I don't really care about tips anyway. It's just a job until I finish studying. Any waiter who actually gets salty about shit tips is in it for the long haul and it actually affects them.

Here, it's as simple as this: if you don't want to tip, don't tip. If you think your waiter went above and beyond to give you a good service, you still don't have to tip. Life's too short to think about tipping waiters, lads.
>>
File: image.gif (476 KB, 438x325) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
476 KB, 438x325
>>77607057
If you were a real nigga and could ball like me the last thing you'd be worried about is tip money. Shit I tip 50-100% most of the time because it's fun and everyone has a good time.
>>
File: sage.jpg (7 KB, 158x175) Image search: [Google]
sage.jpg
7 KB, 158x175
>>77607057
If waiters don't receive enough tips to reach minimum wage, their company reimburses them up to minimum wage. I tip servers 10% because I've worked in tipped positions and see them where I was.

You are under no obligation to tip, outside of 'societal pressure'. So make a decision and fuck off.
>>
>>77608143

>if you really enyoyed your meal and service.

That means if the service was high quality, outsanding.
If your meal was just ok, don't give a dam thing.
>>
>>77607966
>Be American
>only tip 30% because bad service
>>
>>77609688

>I propose
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 750x1334
All of you faggots who don't support tipping have never worked a lunch or dinner rush. It's very stressful when you have 6 different tables all wanting different things at the same damn time.

The waiters/bartenders learn to delegate quite rapidly who will be placed at the front of our "service line" and attend to those people with top priority.

If you come in and dont tip or tip like shit, rest assured that word will get out amongst the staff and they will all keep that in mind when they serve you dead last. It won't matter if you complain because not only will we know you wouldn't have tipped either way, but usually, the managers always have our backs since they themselves go through this bullshit on a daily bases when we are short on staff.
>>
>>77607057

If you plan on going to a place regularly, tip and tip well.
>>
>>77608143
You liked the food?
They treated you well?
The order was quick and the waiter was polite?

What kind of services you've got in America?
>>
File: HotMontrealWoman.jpg (85 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
HotMontrealWoman.jpg
85 KB, 683x1024
>>77607057
here's why you're an asshole but don't know it (yet):

tipping saves THE RESTAURANT OWNERS a fortune by shifting their responsibility to pay their employees a fair wage over to you.

Why should you, the customer, pay a fee on top of your meal price?

You shouldn't.

Why do you?
Because the RESTAURANT OWNERS convinced government to allow them to pay restaurant employees less than the legal minimum, with the rest to be made up by shaming the customer into paying what the RESTAURANT OWNERS should rightfully be paying.

The last person in the world you should blame is the wait staff. You think they want to beg you for tips? You think they want to work in a noisy, fast-paced, usually ugly environment, for low pay and low prestige?
And on top of all that, have to put up with people like you, who have a very strong opinion, but one based totally on the fact that you've been conned for decades by RESTAURANT OWNERS into picking up the tab for them.
>>
tipping is the result of strong restaurant owner lobby
they get away not paying their waiters
>>
>>77607057
>Enjoy losing business because I have to pay your employees salary.

You pay the employees salary anyway, dipshit. Do you really think any business doesn't include employee cost in their pricing?
>>
>>77607057

No keep tipping around because then i can force hot bartenders to show off more of their cleavage to get my money
>>
>>77607057
Food service industry is one of the great last bastions of "Free Market Labor". Meaning, the wages are so low that taxes are a non issue, and earnings are based solely on performance.

Food service is a bit of a lost "art" these days, and sentiments on both sides not withstanding, it is a "containment" profession, and I believe empathy is a more noble approach when deciding what to tip vs "I just had a bad experience with a waiter, time to take to 4chan" childishness.
>>
>>77610091
I worked in fast food.
I was the guy having to handle twelve different orders, making sure everyone's getting everything, making sure everyone's happy, and having to calm down the blacks and rednecks who start getting uppity because it's been more than three minutes.
I had to work in worse conditions, with worse people, and get paid less than a waiter. Not only that, I also had to function as a busboy and clean up dining rooms and dishes.
I didn't get tipped.
So why are you such a special snowflake?
>>
>>77610553
They don't have to be hot. A popular place, probably. But at a seedier place, it could be your mom.
>>
>>77610091
Thus, i never return. Also this is terrible customer service
>>
>>77610673
>earnings are based solely on performance.
Except it doesn't play out to be remotely true irl, as countless studies have shown.
>>
>>77607057
Sous chef here reporting to say I don't tip and neither should you.

Servers are least vital members in the brigade and are paid the most. No matter what you tip it should've been more, you say there for too long, you didn't order enough or what ever, t doesn't really matter because they always will bitch about something.

I sous vide steaks, confit ducks for a month, cute meats for even longer and some dumb slut deserves 15% of my hard work because she walked the food twenty steps to the table.
Fuck off.

The only places I want to tip are Michelin tier restaurants because the service is insane at those places, but luckily service is included so you don't have to worry about it.

Stop tipping these idiots and subsidizing their wage for a pseudo Jew cheap ass restaurant owner you faggots.
>>
If tippable staff were paid minimum wage, your food/drinks/etc. would cost more to reflect that.
And, you would recieve the same generic shitty service you get at fast food chains, grocery stores, gas stations, elementary schools, etc.

I managed a large nightclub for 7 years. 6 doormen, 33 bartenders, 8 waitresses, 8 cashiers, 47 security.

My best bartenders made $1200-$1500 a WEEK in tips. They also had the most loyal customers--some would actually leave the club if their preferred bartender was out sick for the night. Those loyal customers made up 50% of our revenue. They decided how much my staff earned. Not me, but the customers.

I gave the best shifts to the staff that made money for the business, and for themselves.

They earned every penny they took home.
They worked for it, and for their customers.

Imagine a world where teachers were paid $2.35 an hour, and the the rest of their income is tips from parents. A world where teachers who waste a semester preaching tranny rights instead of differential equations only earn minimum wage and get replaced by people who teach knowledge instead of an agenda.

More jobs should rely on tips, not less.
>>
>>77607057
l'm a college student who works part time in a Thai restaurant. From what I've seen, tipping is a *phenomenal* incentive system and never fails at motivating people to perform amazingly and deliver great service. I think service would be a lot shittier at restaurants in general if tipping didn't exist and it's probably great for the economy as a whole-- putting more disposable income in the hands of those who are mostly likely to spend it rather than save it. It also puts a meritocracy system in place in restaurants and the inter-server competition is great.
>>
>>77607966
I've tipped the cook only once and it was in New York. The steak they cooked almost made me cry, was the best thing that ever entered my mouth.

I rarely tip waiters unless the service is exceptional. Doing your job acceptably does not warrant free money from strangers.
>>
>>77611332
But also, I don't expect to be tipped (and I'm very appreciative when I am), and I despise those few coworkers (who usually don't last long) who complain about tips. They're entitled fucks.

Keeping track of tips also helps managers judge their employees and gives them more information to make important business decisions.
>>
If you eat out at a restaurant then you're a fucking simpering piece of shit. Buy your own food you lazy fucks. And if you have the gall to complain about poor service when the people waiting on you make less then dirt, then fucking off yourself.
>>
>>77610275
I really like my keyboard, should i go tip the company that made it?
My insurance provider has great ciustomer service, should i send them a tip in the mail?
The technician wasnt and asshole and did my smog in 10 min, should I tip him?

Most customer service jobs arent tipped, why is waiting tables the exception? Because they can fuck with you if you dont tip like this guy >>77610091
>>
>>77611045
I see your sources are supporting your point fabulously.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/04/30/the-ultimate-guide-to-living-on-tips-part-1-how-to-discreetly-increase-your-tips/#2071615a3dd5

The author of this article is correct in "establishing connections with your clientele" = greater tips from empathy. What the author does not understand is this is a measurable performance indicator in sales.

Food service (waiters, waitresses, bartenders) shares so much in common with sales that how you approach each as a profession is irrevocable.

So, once again, performance = better tips.
>>
>>77610692
Why didn't the wait staff tip you out?
>>
>>77607057
If you want to tip, ok, but don't make it mandatory, one should be able to enjoy food without thinking about this. It's boss responsibility to give workers salary.
>>
>>77611051

Social skills are important. Servers are the face of the business and bad/rude/lazy service will keep me away from a place even if the food is good. They make minimum wage if they don't make tips (which would increase the payroll burden on the business and bite into the budget they have for kitchen staff, meaning people like you make less money), and if they do a good job and are attentive and friendly they get paid more accordingly and in a way that doesn't negatively impact the business.
>>
>>77607057
I hate it that it is expected here at every restaurant or service like barbers and pizza drivers and such.
If you don't tip a pizza driver, you can be sure next time you order something you're going to have dickmarks on it or something.
Fucking hate this jewery. Hope everyone dies in slow cancer who thinks they're entitled to getting a tip.

I know a lot of people who work in restaurants as waiters or mixers/baristas in bars and they already make a good fortune with their salary. They usually get even more with getting tipped at the end of the month than their salary.

For example:
€500 salary (after taxes)
€600 tipping
That's €1100, that's a lot in the Hungarian countryside. You are considered rich with this.

The average joe from the countryside barely brings home €500 after taxes.
Meanwhile a waiter job can be done by Stephen Hawking or any other vegetable. They don't deserve the tip.
Same with hairdressers and pizza drivers.
Pizza drivers are richer here than someone working in a factory or in an office because of tipping.

We even have to tip hospital stuff because otherwise they'll treat the patients really bad.

I fucking hate this.
>>
>>77608561
>>>reddit

Nobody is reading all that shit
>>
File: wroh2o2o2mfw.jpg (69 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
wroh2o2o2mfw.jpg
69 KB, 640x427
>>77611698
See?
>>
I need tips to make any money at all. I'm a college student and even I'm not poor enough to just tip 20% on a bill. How fucking impoverished are you poor NEETs?
>Buy a $20 pizza
>Can't pay $24
>>
>>77611332
Have you never been outside of the united states? Ive had the best service in Asian countries and never tipped or was expected to.
>>
>>77610091
>muh stress
It's your job. You either go for it for the salary they offer, or don't.
>pay me twice because my job is "hard"
Yeah, so should we tip oil drillers and house builders?
Have you ever seen an episode of Extreme Makeover where Ty and his team got tipped?
Thought so. Kill yourself welfare loving nigger.
>>
>>77607057
I cant wait to when i live in america and not tip
>>
File: 1465295532653.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1465295532653.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>77607057
Tipping just subsidizes labor for the fat greasy wop in the back room of the restaurant counting his pizza tokens and refusing to pay his workers market wages
>>
>>77612211
>20 Dollar for a pizza

wew lad, no wonder you all are broke and fat at the same time

America is disgusting, fucking fastfoodniggers

With 20 euros I could easy eat a few days
>>
>>77612304
Yeah, I've been to Italy.

I'm just noting my observations. Usually the kinds of people who work at restaurants in the US need some kind of monetary motivation in order to put in consistent effort.
>>
File: Omarasakid.jpg (52 KB, 320x392) Image search: [Google]
Omarasakid.jpg
52 KB, 320x392
>>77607057
>the tipping scam

Must suck to be unemployed
>>
>>77612458
then never eat twice at the same place
>>
>>77612504
Not an argument
>>
all good.

I make 6 figures serving (Michelin star restaurant). I take comfort in knowing you can't afford to come into my work, lol.
>>
>>77607057
Japan doesn't accept tips so why can't us kids fuck off and just work somewhere else
>>
>>77607057
>Any dumbass can forget my request for water, or carry a plate to my table. Most of the wait staff at any restaurant are assholes anyway. Earning an additional $10/hr or 20% of what I decide to order is straight up retarded.

So you would prefer they make $15+ per hr wage, you pay more for the food, and get even worse service, than the current system of they get paid around $2 an hr, if the service is bad you can punish them for by leaving a low tip, if they do good you can reward them with a good tip?
>>
>>77612609
Why not? because they will give me a mean look?
>>
File: slavicgrill.jpg (46 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
slavicgrill.jpg
46 KB, 700x466
>>77607057
No agree with tipping, but it should only be 10% and it should go directly to the chef.
>>
>>77609665
So i should tip the cook?
>>
>>77612211
What did you do for me to earn that $4?
Your job that you're already paid for?

If you want that $4 you're going into the fight pit, boy. If you can beat my rotty you get it. If not then he gets it.
>>
>>77612832
They keep track of cheapstakes. Never eat twice at the same place because you will be eating about 40% body fluids or pieces of some kind.
>>
>>77612870
The chef does fuck all. The waiters and people who run the food out work harder than the guy preparing your food
>>
>>77612164
I think you're missing the point.
>>
>>77613036
No they don't. I've worked as a server and I'll tell you when shit gets busy chefs bust ass to get food out on time.
>>
File: autism.jpg (57 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
57 KB, 567x561
>>77607057
>A Real Job
Waiters/waitresses have to do your every bidding asshole.

>I have to pay your employees salary
Then why do you hate the waiters rather than the business? You're a fucking retard, and i bet you're "that" customer that blames the waiter for bad food. kill yourself
sage
>>
Anyone against tipping should travel to a country where tipping isn't required
Then tell me you don't miss it
Been to over 60 countries and can say for certain, service in the US is just light-years ahead of any other nation
>>
File: mrpink.jpg (121 KB, 1195x508) Image search: [Google]
mrpink.jpg
121 KB, 1195x508
Y'know what this is? It's the world's smallest violin playing for all the waitresses.
>>
>>77612965
>paid $5.50 an hour
If my wage increased then your food would drastically increase. On your feet all day dealing with shitty people and having to constantly be running around while you sit on your fatass and eat. Are you seriously telling me you can't afford to tip 20% on a bill? Because it's cheaper than just paying me a higher wage
>>
i like tipping cuz i'm not poor

i can just pay a little bit more and suddenly i get served better and faster than the plebs

stay poor, faggots.
>>
>>77613185
I've done both. I used to cook at a restaurant that got really busy on weekends and currently serve food. I would definitely say cooking is way less stressful. Sure it sucks when its busy, but I say serving when its busy is worse
>>
>>77613311
Where do you think I got the money to tip you with? Out of thin air?
Fight my fucking dog.
>>
inb4 angry waiters
>>
>>77613403
If you can't afford to tip why are you going out then? Just took my girlfriend out and paid 25% on a $120 bill while paying for my car, phone, and apartment. Is it really that fucking hard.
>>
>>77613188
Found the waiter
>>
>>77613650
My girlfriend supports my decisions not to tip because she thinks poor people are gross.
>>
not politics

Janitors work for your hot pockets
>>
>>77613775
>My girlfriend
Stopped there
>>
>>77613950
Just fight my dog what are you a fucking coward?
>>
Usually I only tip if it means I get something in return in the future. If I visit somewhere regularly such as a Chinese restaurant or a bar, I will tip well since it means I will be a priority to the staff every time I show up. IT's great to sit down at a bar and the bartender will bring you what you want before you even ask for it.
>>
>>77607057
I only tip ugly people.
>>
>>77607866
Where is this?
>>
>>77607057
tip those who deserve it

dont tip people at chevys or bj's or ihop or any place serving cancer food

dont tip the bartender unless they know what a proper gin gimlet or whiskey sour or a sidecar with the proper consistency and trimmings is

dont tip the delivery guy unless he is early and not a dick

do tip good restaurants of the mom and pop, hole in the wall styled places. if you frequent a street vendor because they good tip em, and if the fags cant be bothered to put your one single order in front of the six people ordering for 15, fuck their tip and tell them what they did wrong because it is your right as a customer to give them customer feedback.
>>
>going to restaurants
>waiting 20 minutes for food to be made
>not going to fast food
>>
>>77610091

Fuck you faggots are the most fucking entitled cunts. Try working an actual service job where you have to know something besides walk from A to B or write down what some fat fuck wants to eat.

Do you think retail employees get tips? Every retail place has a policy against accepting them and I guarantee they work harder and have more demands than any fucking waiter. Even the poor fucks pushing shopping carts do more than any fucking waiter and they dont get tipped for it. fuck off.
>>
>>77610091
Tell your boss to raise the food prices and pay you a proper wage. I'm not here to supplement your boss's shitty decisions.
>>
>>77611291

47 security seems a bit excessive compared to the rest of your staff...is it a typo?? I mean even high-class strip joints don't have that type of muscle.
>>
>>77612800
I would tip where it is deserved. A Michelin tier restaurant is one of those places because you probably do a great job and the food is top of the line. But tipping at a local restaurant where a burger is $14 and my service is average at best and the staff wears jeans and a company t-shirt is where i have my problem
>>
File: wait what.jpg (47 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
47 KB, 600x600
There's at least some logic to getting tips in the US because of server wages.

It makes absolutely no fucking sense for Canada because they also make fucking minimum wage or more
>>
>>77608561
>>77608561
I read that shit and I enjoy your opinion and information on tipping.
>>
>>77615111
wtf is an honor killing?
>>
>>77615111

https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm

>If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

They make minimum wage no matter what. It's the law.
>>
>>77616177
Except nobody actually does this. Good way to get youself fired and blacklisted from other waitering jobs.
>>
>>77615848
>this woman was not covered up and she was not accompanied by a man
>stone her
That's an honor killing

>>77616177
True, forgot about that. Do restaurants actually follow that law though?
>>
>>77616323

They have to. Now if you're in a Work At Will state then they'll probably just let you go for poor performance.
>>
I stopped going to bars once I was told I'm expected to tip the bartender every time s/he makes a drink.

The drink prices are already inflated well beyond reason. Forget it.
>>
>>77616439
Then why the fuck do all these servers bitch about muh livable wage?

I'm guessing that they don't want their gibs taken away
>>
>>77615848
>in certain cultures, the killing of a relative, especially a girl or woman, who is perceived to have brought dishonor on the family.
>>
>>77616595

To guilt people into tipping more.

I've worked as a waitress at a middle class restaurant and I made damn good money, often about $20 an hour for doing nothing more than moving plates and refilling glasses.
>>
Okay, Mr. Pink (I wonder how many of you will get the reference).
>>
>>77610091
>It's very stressful when you have 6 different tables all wanting different things at the same damn time.

Then ask your fucking boss to pay you more not me to pay for your salary.
It's a job, when I pay in the restaurant I pay for them to make and bring this food to me.
You are not special
No one expect me to tip a chef so why the fuck should I tip you?
>>
>>77617051
Also
Receiving tips should be privilege not a right.
I tip when I think that someone deserves a tip not just for the sake of tipping.
>>
>>77607057
I never tip and I never go to the same place twice.
>>
>>77617345

This is the smart move. I only tip one place, the local pizza place I order from on a regular basis. They know my address and know I tip well when they deliver fast. So in this case I am paying a little more for better service.
>>
>>77607057
>get a real job
>exports entry level jobs to india/china
>doesn't retire
quality boomer logic m8
>>
>>77612942
Yes
>>
Those waiters are busting their asses and putting up with half of you insufferable little shits for pennies on the dollar. If they did well, give them a tip. If they didn't do well, make sure they know. Tipping is alpha as fuck. Which surprises me why more of you beta cucks don't chomp at the bit to give a few dollars to a college slag in order to hold it over their head that you're allowing them to live. As for pizza delivery... I try to get the latest pizzas to their destinations first, but if I have a good tipper closer by, I'll usually try to get them their pizza first instead Tyrone and Laquisha that think our delivery fee is the tip. Tip your drivers and servers you ungrateful lazy beta cucks. Fuckin hell, it's not that hard if you want better service.
>>
>>77619486

Nice reverse psychology.

>It's actually alpha to pay more than you have to!

Get fucked.
>>
>>77619486
good goy
>>
>>77615120
Thanks anon, here's a (you) for you as well.
>>
File: image.png (10 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10 KB, 381x396
>friend goes with another friend to get haircuts
>first friend doesn't tip because its a haircut
>second friend overtips in order to save face
>second friend then tells me this and proves himself a gigantic cuck
>>
File: 1459020082367.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1459020082367.png
440 KB, 633x758
>go to self serve fro yo place
>pay $7 for froyo for myself because I'm a mad man
>cashier notifies me about the option to tip on the reciept
>tipping cashier
>for taking my money as I serve myself fucking slosh from the machine
JEWS! JEWS! JEWS!
>>
File: 1463418682332.gif (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1463418682332.gif
1 MB, 800x800
>>77608374
>$2/h
>make as much as paramedics do off-duty without having to deal with PTSD
>>
I love tipping. Ive been in Europe for 2 months now, (Italy, France, Austria, Romania) and most of waiters are complete shit. And its not like I get treated badly cause I'm a americunt, I can kinda speak 3 of those languages ( 2 really, but I can get around in Austria). The waiters in Europe are among the lowest paid employees in their class (service) and unless you go to a really nice expensive establishment that actually pays them well you get shit service. American waiters actually give a fuck cause its in their interest, and it works marvelously.
SO TIP YOUR WAITERS YOU CHEAP CUNTS
>>
>>77614877
>47 security seems a bit excessive compared to the rest of your staff...is it a typo?? I mean even high-class strip joints don't have that type of muscle.

Not a typo. Our capacity was just over 2800, and we were open 6 nights a week. We usually had 30 security working on any given average night, and upped that for any special shows-- the ones that can draw a darker demographic, or ones known for drugs.
>>
>>77608647
Came here to post this, shame probably nobody here has actually seen this film.
>>
>>77607057
>Enjoy losing business because I have to pay your employees salary.

Out of curiosity, where do you think the money would come from to pay the salary in a system without tipping?
>>
>>77607727
>calling it a "tip" implies that it's optional.
It is, you can walk right out the door witout paying it.
>>
>>77607057
I push crippled and fat people in wheelchairs for 9 hours at an airport, just a $1 fucking tip is great.
>>
>>77623883
FWIW, if I were crippled and fat and needed to be pushed in a wheelchair at the airport, I'd tip you.

BTW, I have always wondered if I could get away with getting a wheelchair or cart to get through the airport when gates are widely separated and I am pushed for time. You think I could get away with it?
>>
File: 1452136999575.jpg (42 KB, 500x697) Image search: [Google]
1452136999575.jpg
42 KB, 500x697
>>77610091
>>77610091
Kek, I've worked at a waffle house during football seasons dealing with drunk niggers at 3am coming in at 100s. Tipping should never be expected. It is the employers that should pay the employees, not the customers.
>>
>>77607057
tipping was invented by the jewgly kikes
>>
>>77624077
You could get away with it easily, at least here. We got lots of nigs and spics working here and if you just ask them for a wheelchair and say what gate you need to go to they are stupid enough to do what you say.
>>
>>77607057
i thought only niggers had this kind of behaviour in the USA. Here in brazil saiters have a salary. and the tip goes normally to the restaurant, its allways 10% and we are not obligated to pay it.
>>
>>77607057
>ban tipping
>every item on the menu is increased in price
why do you think Gordon Ramsay goes to so many restaurants? do you really most of those places are worse than average? they're normal businesses that are failing financially because restaurants cost a shit ton of money to keep running. US restaurants do not fail as hard as European ones simply because employees get paid through tips instead of fixed normal wages that hurt the owner even more.
>>
File: tips.jpg (156 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
156 KB, 640x640
>/Pol supports Drumpf
>/Pol is full of people who don't tip
Suddenly it all makes sense. Trump's supporters are the most stingy, most hateful pieces of lard that ever infested America. I am going to laugh so hard when Gary Johnson wins over America and makes hate speech illegal. People like Trump will not even be allowed to run. Then we can finally delete /Pol from the face of the earth and move on from petty, 1950s all-white America idolizing and Make America Multicultural Again. Thanks for listening.
>>
File: soon-robot.jpg (83 KB, 728x380) Image search: [Google]
soon-robot.jpg
83 KB, 728x380
A new job opportunity in SF

"We are the team who will open and operate Momentum Machines’ first restaurant."

"Get your hands dirty; every member of the team will need to do the tough, unglamorous and occasionally dirty work of restocking, hauling trash, and tidying up."
>>
File: 680_folsom_st.jpg (126 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
680_folsom_st.jpg
126 KB, 960x720
>>77625673

680 Folsom St.

http://hoodline.com/2016/01/robot-powered-burger-joint-could-be-headed-to-soma
>>
I am a waiter in an upscale area. Really good money on the weekends not unheard of to leave with 300 plus for 10 hours of work on a Friday or Saturday night. I don't need everyone to tip, just don't expect excellent service when you don't tip. I will still serve you and get you shit, just don't sit at a table forever, if you are going to sit forever just goto the bar. But it's fine if you don't tip I get it.
>>
>>77626522
Working for 9 fucking hours 5 days a week and hardly get $10 in tips, busting my ass for passengers.
>>
File: mfw27056.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
mfw27056.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>77613062
>>
>>77607057
I agree

It's not my job to decide someone else's damn salary
>>
>>77607057
just cook at home, you degenerate piece of shit

your cheap ass doesn't have to tip the grocery store clerk and if you go to byerlys they bag the shit for you

also just don't tip these lazy ass bitches who are just there because they know you are obligated to tip them even though they are rude and suck
>>
>>77610091
I think waiters and waitresses deserve to be paid for their work, but they should just be given a salary like at every other fucking job. Instead, your Jew employers make me decide how much your service is worth.
>>
File: 12345.png (832 KB, 956x958) Image search: [Google]
12345.png
832 KB, 956x958
>>77607057

Tipping is supposed to ensure that waiters are enthusiastic and friendly. If they are asocial and boring, they are paid poorly. Waiters are supposed to be accommodating and tipping ensures it.

Maybe if you guys were not retards, you would have already known this before I told you.
>>
>>77610393
Restaurant owners are the ultimate semites
>>
File: tumblr_m21yww7oAK1r2g7mto1_1280.jpg (107 KB, 932x651) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m21yww7oAK1r2g7mto1_1280.jpg
107 KB, 932x651
>>77610091
>give me money or i wont serve you first
>goes to a different restaurant where bribes aren't expected
>>
>>77626767
It wouldn't be hard at my restraunt to work 40 hours a week and make 1000 a week, straight cash no tax bullshit. You should really try it, people can be awful especially the rich but they will also tip you fat so it's worth putting up with. It can be very stressful though I once had to deal with 12 tables all at once not a good situation. You will make more than 10$ an hour though man something to think about.
>>
>>77613950
>>77614015
Fight the dog
>>
>>77625293
Perfect solution. Waiters shouldnt be making 20+ dollars an hour on tips anyway.

You really think an employer would pay a waiter nearly as much as they make in tips? Lol get out bro. food would increase by 10% at most.
>>
>>77627340
Looks like youve been convinced by the jews. That or youre too dumb to realize youre being conned by the restaurant industry to supplement their employees as well as put money in their pockets
>>
>>77610091
You think thats hard? Try working a job that requires skills, but not getting a tip.
>>
File: cafe.jpg (103 KB, 640x385) Image search: [Google]
cafe.jpg
103 KB, 640x385
>>77628350

No, I like exemplary service and friendly waiters, because I'm not a poorfag. I would hardly want to go to restaurants if the waiters had the demeanor of a Mcdonald's employee.
>>
File: 1434905602492.jpg (24 KB, 720x316) Image search: [Google]
1434905602492.jpg
24 KB, 720x316
>>77607057
While I will ignore OP's gay cock sucking rhetoric I will point out one thing.

TIPPING is an American cultural thing expanded by the fact that we ALLOWED people to NOT BE TAXED on tips.

That was the whole fucking point of "tipping" in America. It was to get around taxation and giving that waiter/waitress a helping hand by getting the government out of their pocket.

While it may be true some people base it on "services rendered" but whatever.

If your stupid nigger ass doesnt even know why tipping started in the first place, then you have no room to make arguments about it.
>>
When I was in the states the food was terrible, I mean I'm used to Italian service and cuisine and the food in the US was fucking awful. I mean Italian food as well, it was like an Americans idea of what Italian food should be, you get better food over here in motorway stops that in good resteraunts in the US.
You people stuff some sub standard shit down your throats on a daily basis, and the waiting staff know fuck all about food or wines or what they are bringing you.
I wanted a tip when I was there for eating that fried shit.
>>
>>77607057
we have to hear 24 hours a day about how Walmart is the biggest recipient of welfare because they only pay their employees ten dollars an hour, so the government gives welfare to those employees. So what about waitresses and waiters? They get even less, why should THE CUSTOMER have to fit the bill that the government refuses to pay in the form of welfare? So the government complains about Walmart, but not themselves for doing the same thing.
>>
>>77608180
This.
>>
Just don't support the restaurant industry and cook meals yourself at home. The ingredients are far healthier at a similar price point. Fuck those faggots wanting a bonus for bullshit american service. Have any of them been to Japan? minimum wage cucks should kill themselves.
>>
>tfw plumber
>people tip me all the time
>never tip people back
get a better job lel
>>
>>77611291
The fuck mate, in the UK you are never expected to top the bar staff in a night club, nor have I ever seen it been done. It's not hard to serve drinks.
>>
>>77607057

Grade A is my hero
>>
>>77610091
I fired a guy for thinking like you....
>>
>>77632618
Is it true he is a paki?
>>
The only restaurant people I tip are Benihana chefs. They're performers and amazing cooks, who literally serve the food right onto your plate. I know he makes good money and I don't mind giving him more. That performance isn't necessary and I appreciate them doing it.
>>
>>77607057
In the United States there are two types of people who don't tip, children and niggers. Which one are you?
>>
>>77607057
>tipping is a scam

nah, you're just a poorfag. if it matters that much to you, then you must be really struggling to pay your bills that you can't afford to drop an extra $5, or otherwise, oy vey!
>>
>>77635771
>They're performers and amazing cooks

bullshit, got food poisoning there twice because chef didn't cook shrimp properly. twice.
>>
File: 1348444852633.jpg (571 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1348444852633.jpg
571 KB, 456x628
>go out to eat with friends
>absolute shit service, gave one of us the wrong order and didn't refill once
>friends still tip 20% because "she was nice" (was showing off cleavage)

I swear every single time I've gone out to eat with other men they only tip the waitresses because they're hot and not because of their service.Tipping is like a tax for thirsty betas
>>
>>77636606
benihana's is shite tripe, pretending to pass off as quality.

and theres your problem. shrimp. you must be a dipshit to think you can just eat shrimp any time any where.

obviously you dont grill the flaming fuck outta ur shrimps before eating em.
>>
>>77628979
got a real historian here
>>
File: Fuck offff.gif (194 KB, 200x202) Image search: [Google]
Fuck offff.gif
194 KB, 200x202
I tip if you do exceptional. Above and beyond your basic job description.

So I don't tip.

I don't tip my pizza delivery guy. He just drove to my house. Fuck off.

>If you can't afford to tip, why are you eating out?
Because I CAN afford to tip. But I fucking don't, because fuck off, Jew.
And either way, I paid for the food. Not you. I'll fucking get off my ass and go to the counter and get my meal myself if it means I don't have to tip your faggot ass.

>>77637080
>other men they only tip the waitresses because they're hot and not because of their service.

Duh. Why the fuck do you think most of the service people are waitresses, dumbass?
>>
>>77610091
Cry me a river bitch!
>>
>>77636606
Good job, you tipped a guy who poisoned you, you fuck
>>
File: nw8Hi6d.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
nw8Hi6d.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>77612063
This shit purely came from "hurr durr we cool like sophisticated americunts naow".
It don't even make sense, because they get average set wages here.
>pay with credit card in restaurants (they haven't figured tip guilt-tripping into card terminals)
>pick up pizza from picery (close by)
>ignore those faggot tips jars like AIDS.

Tipping didn't fucking exist (hospital bribery is diff stuff) prior to 2000.
Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.