[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Facebook Gun Debate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13
File: Facebook Circle Jerk.png (27 KB, 450x406) Image search: [Google]
Facebook Circle Jerk.png
27 KB, 450x406
I know /pol/ is not my personal army. I appreciate all of the great insight and good laughs I have had over the years of visiting (and occasionally) posting on this board. So to start with I say "Thank you" for all of the great times.

I did something bad. This is something I tell my wife not to do all the time. I got caught up in the Facebook Circle Jerk. This is where someone posts something political that all of their friends agree with and they sit around jerking each other off for being so progressive and smart. Conservatives do this, too. Regardless, I got wrapped up in the gun debate. Someone had posted a link to moveon.org's petition to ban assault rifles, people were spouting off stupid stuff like "AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle!" and "AR-15's are the same as M-16's except the trigger, making them weapon of war!"

Anyway, I feel that I have done pretty well so far, but here is the final exchange (pic related, I am blue, he is red, and the last statement is circled in yellow). I am burnt out of the back and forth, but I can't let this little pussy (who I have no idea who he is) have the last word. Any helpful ideas or words would be great. Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1536x1668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1536x1668
Fucking hang yourself you fucking ass hole
>>
Call him a cuck.
>>
>>77601810
So the problem is with the FBI not being allowed to do their job under the Clinton Obama directive not the lack of a background check.
>>
I will post earlier parts of the conversation as I work on screencapping them while I work, if anyone is interested
>>
>>77601810
Explain to him that black people murder 6x more than whites do when adjusting for population. Many states have universal background checks already. The fbi knew that the Orlando shooter was a suspected terrorist and a gun dealer denied him an armored best and bulk ammo and reported it to the fbi and they did nothing. This isn't a gun law problem this is the people enforcing the gun laws problem. You could also mentioned how ar's are used in like 2% of homocide rates or something like that. You should look up the actual stat but it's in the single digits
>>
>>77601810
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBrxjLcuygRlG9Tgdw2CiHtV9g1kgUwZGRnieYBpwSo/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>>
The red guy is actually being reasonable
>>
File: 1461095018484.jpg (95 KB, 787x960) Image search: [Google]
1461095018484.jpg
95 KB, 787x960
>>77601810
The red guy even admits FBI resources are strained, so just say that FBI should be better funded. Shouldn't punish a large group of people for the deeds of a minority.
>>
File: Circle Jerk 1.png (52 KB, 501x729) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 1.png
52 KB, 501x729
Here's the beginning, a lot of people were in the conversation originally
>>
>>77602463
We're not.
>>
File: Circle Jerk 2.png (137 KB, 454x728) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 2.png
137 KB, 454x728
Next
>>
>>77603818
You're doing good anon
>>
>>77602084
Sauce?
>>
File: Circle Jerk 3.png (51 KB, 427x719) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 3.png
51 KB, 427x719
Next again
>>
>>77601810
> Had the FBI had proper resources

Apparently 8.3 billion dollars in 2015 wasn't enough for the FBI to do a lookup? What a dumb argument.
>>
File: Circle Jerk 4.png (50 KB, 426x727) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 4.png
50 KB, 426x727
Almost done
>>
>>77604158
Take nigger homocide rates out of the stats and adjust for population and we'd be about the same as the uk
>>
File: Circle Jerk 5.png (153 KB, 429x726) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 5.png
153 KB, 429x726
Thanks for the advice so far. Here's the next section
>>
File: Circle Jerk 6.png (27 KB, 424x425) Image search: [Google]
Circle Jerk 6.png
27 KB, 424x425
And we've come full circle
>>
>>77604686
Just mention that it's likely to do with ethnic tensions within America and bring up Black crime statistics.
>>
>>77604686
Britain his much higher assault, robbery, burglary, home invasion rates than the us.
>>
>>77602533
I am trying to keep race out of it as much as possible, and I am instead just alluding to gangs and "urban youth", but you are right.
>>
>>77601810

Facebook arguments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s93KC4AGKnY
>>
>>77605078
You could say something like disproportionate murder rates among different ethnic groups
>>
I also already posted the FBI homicide stats that show that rifles are used incredibly rarely in homicides in another part of this same thread (this is just one offshoot of the bigger post). No one wants to comment on that, though. Surprising...
>>
>>77604158
Ausfag here. Crims can still get guns. Either through bikies or stealing someone elses. Or there was the martin place siege where the shooter had obtained it illegally.
Shootings have gone down. But legal ownership is higher than ever.
Overall crime is higher as well.

Also that's quite cold of your red friend about the boston bombings. ONLY 3 people dead instead of 49.
Prefers collateral damage by explosive to a firearm.

>>77604379
He makes a point about kids accidentally getting injured with guns at home. But that comes back to proper education about FIREARM SAFETY. A gun should be treated like a dangerous tool!

Props to keeping your cool though.
Bottom line firearm regulation is shit. The amount of loops you have to jump through. Even our police are poorly trained with firearms. Even recently in Sydney a female cop shot a guy wielding a knife and hit 3 bystanders in the process!
>>
>>77605262
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43K
>>
England has the highest assault rate in the UK, murder, burglary and assaults all went up after the ban on self defense.

Rape too I think. Same thing happened in Australia.

Look a Mexico ffs

Also how are these people comfortable with big government taking away peoples rights because they themselves don't believe people can handle responsibility and freedom?
>>
>>77605327
They could just teach gun safety in elementary school and the child gun stats would drop significantly. But that's too scary
>>
>>77603049

When they say it's designed to kill humans, you agree and say that's why many people use it for home defense.
>>
>>77605608
Don't want the guy invading my home to suffer any
>>
>>77605577

They should teach kids to swim, more of them drown then get shot accidentally.
>>
>>77603818
This is triggering
>>
>>77605608
I said it is for recreation, but to deny the fact that it could be used for self defense is juvenile. Of course you can use it for self defense.
>>
>>77606063
I was considering an analogy to swimming. People are always saying that you don't need a gun. The argument could be said that you don't need to swim. It's only for fun, yet 3,536 people die from unintentional drowning every year. Maybe we should make life jackets mandatory any time you are in water than is higher then your knees.
>>
>>77605577
A school in NSW tried to do that and parents went apeshit about it and the media tried to spin it that they were training new generations of mass shooters. Even though the kids actually enjoyed it. They used .22 bolt action rifles btw.
>>
>>77602533
I'm interested that the gun dealer denied to sell an armored vest and bulk ammo. Need source, pls.
>>
>>77606489
The high school I went to had a shooting range in it when it was first built. Kids would bring their 22's in and go shooting after school. I live in a blue state too
>>
GUNS!
>>
>>77606567
Rush Limbaugh mentioned it today. I think one of the alphabet news channels reported it yesterday. Couldn't say which, though. Apparently he asked about the vest in a disconcerting way with odd questions and then when the owner said they didn't have it the Aloha Snackbar immediately got on the phone with someone and was speaking a different language that the owner didn't understand. Spooked him, so he contacted the FBI, and then... nothing, I guess
>>
>>77606567
https://gma.yahoo.com/orlando-shooter-turned-away-different-gun-store-being-141628142--abc-news-topstories.html
>>
>>77601810
Your friends are dumb.
The trigger isn't any piece that controls fire rate.
Look up Obama's last legislation on gun control. He closed the loop hole.

The biggest thing about this argument is the slippery slope. They took our right to privacy because 9/11. "To make us safer" now people thing they can take guns "to make us safer".

Look up the history of governments disarming people. the only time it didn't lead to slaughter, was Australia. I remember a movie once where only the police and government had guns. It was schlindlers list.

Whole argument is crap. Omar worked for a government security contractor, he would of been one of the only people armed, regardless of your stupid friends desire to disarm everyone because some wacko Muslim.
>>
File: the blue part is the gun.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
the blue part is the gun.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
Post this picture and ask if they know what an AR-15 is.

Hint: see pic name for answer.
>>
>>77607056
The only one I know is Mr. Pink, except for Mr. Gray who I met at Mr. Pink's wedding. Mr. Gray is a French Moroccan Muslim white guy whose name is surprisingly similar to a certain dead terrorist leader. I'll just call him Sam
>>
>>77604916
Twice the number of murders is actually pretty good when you have like five times the population tbqh fampai
>>
>>77601810
Last thing.
>Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
>>
>>77608447
He's talking about murder rates senpai
>>
>>77601810
>"AR in AR-15 stands for assault rifle!"
Surely you can factually prove that it's false.
>"AR-15's are the same as M-16's except the trigger, making them weapon of war!"
Surely you corrected them?

Eugene would disapprove if you didn't.
>>
>>77602533
>6x
Five times.
>>
>>77603818
>Any object designed with the single function of killing
killing in self defense m8
>>
>>77606996
>>77606920
Thanks
>>
File: 1465846194629.jpg (97 KB, 613x626) Image search: [Google]
1465846194629.jpg
97 KB, 613x626
>>77601810
>>
>>77601810
He's right desu. I'm all for gun ownership and outright banning guns makes no sense whatsoever, but the current background checking system is indeed broken.

If all lawful citizens have to do is wait a little longer before they get their gun, I think it's a fair trade off if it means less guns in the hands of terrorists. Obviously if someone really wants to kill people they will find a way, but better background checks will weed out the people who are in a spur-of-the-moment rage.

Plus it will shut liberals up to an extent.
>>
>>77601810
>being on facebook
Stop it. There is absolutely nothing there that you need and much that harms.
>>
>>77611732

That is an absolutely good argument. More people should remember that a lot of things go both ways, like free speech and generalizations. Remember this, no matter where you stand, politically.
>>
>>77612521
Your evidence is a man who was protected by the government so that he could give them their precious crisis.
>>
>>77601810

Easiest way to win

"if the system failed to stop an ISIS wannabe muslim fag from killing other homosexuals then why do you solely trust it to be the only entity with firearms?"

Checkmake
>>
>>77613061
Second-ing this. This argument has never failed me.
>>
>>77613157

Same. It's basically a variant of the whole "cops should only have guns but they kill black kids" argument I saw posted during the Treyvon debacle. The quickest way to disarm and neutralize a retarded lefty is to open up the irony they wittingly defend.
>>
>>77612521
Fuck off. We've already compromised a thousand times for almost a century with gun grabbers. It's never enough. They always reach for more and more gun control. And then little faggots like you come along and say "but it's so reasonable."

Fuck off and die in agony.
>>
>>77611732
It amazes me how similar the arguments for/against guns mirror the arguments for/against Islam.

—Both guns and Islam were created in order to control people.

—Both are the focal point of toxic cultures bred out of ignorance and fear,

—Propoments of both are often quite married to them, will die for them, and often build their whole lives around them.

—Proponents of them are "peaceful" except for a fraction of people who take their furvor to extremes. Personally, I see it more as latent than peaceful, because if push came to shove for either a gun owner or a Muslim, they would have absolutely no trouble joining a real violent war.
>>
File: infinitesoda.gif (206 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
infinitesoda.gif
206 KB, 500x343
>>77601810
I actually like where this facebook guy is going with this.
Its not the guns or lack of laws that is the problem
Its the shitty system (particularly judicial) fucking failing us
If we had a proper way to enforce the laws that already exist we wouldnt have so many guns in the wrong hands.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.