[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/csg/ - Christianity General - Christ Loves You Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 24
File: 1466132816920.jpg (309 KB, 1108x788) Image search: [Google]
1466132816920.jpg
309 KB, 1108x788
For all things Christian
Catholics, Orthodox, and Protestants alike are welcome to discuss theology. Try to be polite.

Atheists also welcome, but try to be constructive.

Pastebin for believers and curious folk.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

Good Scenes to watch

>Jesus Anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d-uB0vaoQo [Open]
>Jesus of Nazareth Sermon on the Mount:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCbJ4vnMNg [Open]
>Jesus chases Jews out of the Temple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEtBs6j7QgU [Open]
>Jesus gives sight to the Blind....and takes sight from those who can see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY7vamVg99E [Open]
>Roman Centurion has more faith than anyone in Israel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNLSBjYDPko [Open]

>Ben Hur scenes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE [Open]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbt2UUthWg0 [Open]
>>
Who was right in 1054? Orthodox or papists?
>>
>>77548070
Previous thread
>>
>>77568145
I'll never know so I don't concern myself with it
>>
>>77567700
You're not contradicting my argument, and you are repeating what I said without explaning what is wrong with it.
>>
In the last thread somebody said something about looking in the archives? Whats something good that was said in the archives?
>>
>>77567678
http://www.therecoverytrust.org/forum/articles/WhatsNew/pictures_of_the_brain_of_a_perso.htm
Perhaps this article may be able to explain it better than I.
>>
>>77568485
But what are you trying to prove with that I'm asking? I'm not asking for information about brain activity
>>
>>77568603
That our brains behave differently when we are hallucinating, and when they are normal. This is how we know our entire existence isn't a hallucination. We can simply scan our brains and that will tell us.
>>
>>77568821
Our brains behaving differently doesn't prove that something isn't real though. Just like our brain behaving "normally" doesn't prove that something is real
>>
>>77569138
How so? Our brains behaving a certain way does proves we would be hallucinating. What we hallucinate isn't real. Our brains look as certain way, and behave when we are at normal levels of brain activity. This is how we know if we are sleeping or not. You can argue that in our dream a scan can show up as a normal brain, but you would first have to prove that we are in such a state. Also, it has been proven we cannot dream inside our dreams, just like we cannot tell time in dreams, and read. We can do all these things, so therfore we are not dreaming.
>>
>>77569865
Our brains look a certain way when behaving normally. We know if we are truly awake based on our brain activity.*
Wow that was a mess.
>>
>>77567795
Is the best modern translation of the Bible the Septuagint? Or am I getting meme'd on by oily debt dodgers yet again?
>>
>>77569865
>What we hallucinate isn't real

Prove it. How do you know that things that happen when our brain is functioning differently aren't real? If everybody started hallucinating non stop from now on would that become real to you? Would the way our brain used to function become "hallucination?" Prove to me that the world we perceive is real

Also, none of this has to do with Christianity and I don't know why you made this thread if this is what you wanted to talk about
>>
What's the stance of christianity on self defense and the cause of righteousness? What's a christian to do against the murder, violence and hate that other religions spread like Islam. Turn the other cheek? Shellter and feed the ungrateful illegal inmigrant that abandons his people on a time of utmost striffe and suffering?

That's honestly the only thing that keeps me from faith.
>>
Where's Pracedom? I'm guessing he has been using the argument that there is no proof what I am experiencing is real for some time now. He seemed very prepared, and immediately brought it up I said that there isn't any for hell. I refuted his argument, and he got all butthurt and left in rage. I explained already how we know that what we experience is real, and not some hallucination. You can't dream, inside a dream. That's not how it works. We know if we are dreaming, because our body enters a sleep paralysis, and goes through something called REM. In these dreams, we cannot tell time, and we cannot read. This is enough evidence that we are not dreaming, because I CAN sense time, and I CAN read. These are things we CANNOT do if we were dreaming. The reaon I use dreams, instead hallucination, is because effectively, hallucinations are
related to dreams. You are techically asleep during a hallucination. Our brains also behave differently when we do hallucinate. We can see these things on a cat scan. He also seems to have flipped the burden of proof. He is telling atheist there isn't any evidence that suggest our reality is real, however his claims are that what we are experiencing is not. He needs to prove that what we experience is a sham, not the other way around. It's the same way with someone proving hell. Your claim is that hell is real, and that's where the damned go. I ask them to prove it. I shouldn't have to prove that hell doesn't exist, and if no one has proved it doesn't, that doesn't prove that hell exist. I can see the confusion about my senses lying to me, but the claim was that my senses are lying, and reality very well could be an illusion. Now HE has to prove that.
>>
>>77567795
these were daily threads for a while, recently this fell away, what happened?
>>
>>77571160
Oversaturation.
>>
File: 33t2t2t1.jpg (1010 KB, 2479x1728) Image search: [Google]
33t2t2t1.jpg
1010 KB, 2479x1728
The Bible is looking pretty real now, isn't it?
>>
>>77571481
source of that ass eating art pic?
>>
File: image004.jpg (23 KB, 400x209) Image search: [Google]
image004.jpg
23 KB, 400x209
>>77570295
You don't know what you're talking about. You're implying that the world isn't real, but it is. I pretty much explained this here
>>77571059
Also I wanted to continue the conversation, because it wasn't done yet. That's not how the burden of proof works you autist. Pracedom's claim was that reality isn't real. Now YOU have to prove that. We know if someone is hallucinating because their brain activity is different. If everyone started hallucianting at the same time, none of it would be real; they are hallucinations. We know hallucinations aren't real in the same sense dreams aren't. Did that dream Santa Claus taking you on a ride with his sleigh happen? No, of course not. We know this because we are able to distinguish dream from reality already, without the need of a scan. We know Santa Claus doesn't exist, and it is already eliminated as a possibility; Santa Claus has never been proven, and it is impossibe for Santa Claus to do what he does. Even if one didn't know that, we would already know we were dreaming or not. You wake up from a dream knowing you were dreaming anon, don't you fucking deny that.
>>
>>77571059
You sure do claim a lot of things that can't be proven. Why does anybody have to prove anything to you? Why can you just say things and say that they have to be accepted as fact? Why can't you prove anything you've said?
>>
>>77571523
Screenshot from another thread yesterday, don't have source
>>
>>77571481
This is taking what the Bible says out of context, and please, ISIL is no where near 200 million strong.
>>
>>77570883
Help those who you deem to actually be in need. And knowing what we know about muslims (that bluepilled Christians don't) it seems to be obvious that helping Muhammad and Ahmed into our countries does far far more harm than good.
>>
>>77571644
ah, but have you not considered their numbers in Europe and also around the world for that matter. Still not 200 million, but it's still a number, and still concerning none the less
>>
>>77571531
But how do you know for sure that the world is real? How do you know what happens in dreams isn't real. Scientists have acknowledged the possibility of alternate dimensions. Are you saying these can't exist? You're sure they don't exist? How are you sure?
>>
SAGE AND HIDDEN.
>>
>>77571555
Ah, but I have, if you would read the fucking wall of text I posted. Because the burden of proof commands it. Pracedom wants to claim that reality is a sham, well, it's his duty to prove it. I have already proved the inverse, that reality, IS, in fact something we are actually experiencing.
You don't just tell me something is wrong, you have to contradict my argument to prove I am wrong.
>>
>>77568145

this book was written by an Orthodox

https://www.amazon.com/1453-Fall-Constantinople-Muhammad-Orthodox/dp/2951521359?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
>>
>>77571750
That's not the army though
>>
>>77571059
>>77571860
The sheer delusion and non-critical thinking ability of some of you retards will never cease to astound. It's hard to imagine there are actually people who just assert things baselessly and seem quite literally intellectually incapable of understanding why it is that doesn't fly.

>reality, IS, in fact something we are actually experiencing
l
o
l

Read the archives.
>>
>>77571824
BUMPED AND REVEALED
>>
>>77571860
You're right that we're perceiving something. You still haven't proven that we're experiencing is any more real then what we experience in dreams. You haven't proven anything actually. You've just referenced muh burden of proof a bunch of times. That doesn't prove anything lol, I don't get what you don't understand lol. You don't have absolute knowledge of the universe and reality

>You don't just tell me something is wrong
I get to tell you whatever I want

>you have to contradict my argument to prove I am wrong
I don't have to, but I have explained my reasoning as much as you have because you're using your subjective opinions with the information you have at hand to state things just like I am
>>
>>77571481
>>77571523
anyone have the source
>>
>>77571753
Alternate dimensions have nothing to do with a false reality. I already proved my side, how am I sure? I proved my side. We have to exist. Our bodies couldn't form the basic functions if we didn't exist physically. The only reason we don't fall through the floor and soil of the earth, is because the atoms that make us are magnetic and repel eachother from being too close. This in turn with density which is determined by the chemical compounds. This suggest we exist physically. Life isn't a video game you autist, I suggest you take off your tinfoil hat and claiming things without any evidence to support your argument.
>>
>>77572131
You pretty much just lost ALL of your credibility as an individual that appreciates inquiry and philosophy. I'd remove the tripcode and name you have in shame. You see, you STILL have yet to contradict my argument. Do you not know how to argue? You don't just say something is incorrect, or someone is mistaken without explaining why that is. You have yet to do this.
>>
>>77572232
>We have to exist. Our bodies couldn't form the basic functions if we didn't exist physically
HOLY SHIT BEGGING THE QUESTION. You don't prove something exists by *ASSUMING THAT WHICH IS UNDER QUESTION AS PART OF YOUR ARGUMENT FOR IT*.

HOLY.
SHIT.
STUPIDITY ABOUNDS.
GAYTHEISM EVERYONE.
>>
>>77572232
You still haven't proved anything though. Have fun calling me an autist and lying about proving things lol

And yeah, alternate or parallel dimensions actually are relevant to the discussion because you can't prove that we experience in dreams isn't another dimension of reality
>>
File: laughinganimegirls#683.jpg (503 KB, 976x827) Image search: [Google]
laughinganimegirls#683.jpg
503 KB, 976x827
>>77572398
YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.
YOU ASSUME YOUR CONCLUSION AS PART OF YOUR ARGUMENT FOR THE CONCLUSION.
HOLY.
FUCKING.
SHIT.
LAMO!
>>
>>77572404
Burden of Proof. Your claim that reality is a sham is yet to be proven.
>>
>>77572398
Why do you think it's your place to dictate how people behave or that you have an objectively true opinion of the nature of reality?

Why are you so mad?
>>
>>77572456
You haven't even proved your argument? What is it you are so excited about?
>>
>>77572523
All of your claims haven't been proven either...
>>
>>77572523
Reality is subjective to the observer, that is why it is a sham. It isn't truly quantitative. All numbers are subject to the interpretation of the observer.
>>
>>77572566
I'm not mad, just overwhellemed. You are ignoring what I'm saying. Both of you. You have not contradicted my counter-arguement, you all have no proven your argument. It really is befuddling.
>>
>>77572523
You know what is also yet to be proven? Your *baseless assertion that your sensory experience corresponds to real objects*.
Guess who is far more fucked?
Hint - it's not the guy who doesn't give a shit either way!

Learn fucking logic you autistic retard. I can't believe people as stupid as you actually exist. It makes my command to evangelize seem like a complete fool's errand to try and reason with drooling shit-gene'd monkeys.
>>
>>77572603
BUT THEY HAVE
DO YOU EVEN READ WHAT I AM POSTING?!?!?!
>>
>>77572667
You subtly twist everything that's said to try and benefit your argument and reject it if it doesn't fit into the parameters you deem acceptable so there really is no point in talking to you lmao
>>
File: 1446959201279.jpg (125 KB, 538x563) Image search: [Google]
1446959201279.jpg
125 KB, 538x563
>>77572718
Yeah totally!
>We have to exist. Our bodies couldn't form the basic functions if we didn't exist physically
is totally a proof! Yeah! You nailed it. NAILED IT.
>>
>>77572660
But it isn't subjective. It is objective. That doesn't prove that what we experience isn't real. We cannot all be in the same dream, when did we fall asleep? Will we ever wake up? Who's dream are we in? Is the person dreaming in someone elses dream? These are all just assumptions without any actual evidence. You guys are trying to justify having no evidence for god
>>
>>77567795

Passion of the Fag/Kike/False god
>>
File: 1446334091034.jpg (318 KB, 2535x1935) Image search: [Google]
1446334091034.jpg
318 KB, 2535x1935
>>77572853
Why don't you tell us about your objective experiences?
>>
>>77572718
Yes, I've read everything. You haven't proven anything to me. You swallowed all kinds of philosophical dogma and tried to pass them off as objective facts without realizing there's way more you would need to know for a fact before you pass off your biased argument as fact
>>
>>77572184
We cannot read if we are asleep. We cannot tell time if we are asleep. This is enough to distinguish reality from dreams
>>
>>77572853
What are you typing about?

I just said data is subjective to the observer. Which it is to any critically thinking sentient.
Because your perception of reality is based off of data subject to your perception. Your reality is subjective, things can exist beyond what you can know or even perceive.

A slug can't percieve what we can, yet things exist beyond what it can know. The difference is some people are willing to accept that, and others are content to be slugs.
>>
>>77572449
Just because I can't prove something doesn't mean it is a sound statement. YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT OUR DREAMS ARE IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY
LEARN
THE
BRUDEN
OF PROOOOF
>>
>>77572955
>We cannot read if we are asleep. We cannot tell time if we are asleep
I wonder why it's possible to read and keep track of time via timekeeping imagery in dreams then?
The sheer stupidity you exhibit is far too surreal. How did your parents ever manage to breed someone even dumber than they are?
>>
>>77572955
>This is enough

Kek. Okay

Explain to me how not being able to read means something isn't real. If somebody could read in their dreams would this make it real?

Again, how do you know dreams aren't another aspect or dimension of reality?
>>
>>77572892

Fucking love this guy
>>
>>77572566
Is not what I decide, it's what philosophy dictates. Thr fact that you cannot even follow it is sad. You don't tell people they're wrong without a proper explanation why. All you have been doing is having what I tell you flow through one ear and out the other
>>
>>77572706
>learn logic
>ignoring the burden of proof
wew lad
Your claim is that reality is a sham, now it's your job to prove that.
>>
>>77573043
>An argument from ignorance occurs when either a proposition is assumed to be true because it has not yet been proved false or a proposition is assumed to be false because it has not yet been proved true
The only one doing either of these is you.
The low-IQ random retard. Please just end it - I can't imagine how pathetic it must feel to be you.
>>
>>77573211

>>77573215
Just end it dude.
>>
>>77573043
>Just because I can't prove something doesn't mean it is a sound statement

I'm assuming you meant *isn't a sound statement. I agree that it doesn't mean it isn't a sound statement. Just like I've made sound points without necessarily proving anything

>YOU HAVE TO PROVE THAT OUR DREAMS ARE IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY

Why? All I was pointing out is that claiming dreams aren't real isn't true because you can't prove that they're not. I'm not trying to prove that dreams aren't real. I'm just showing you that your logic is flawed. I don't need to do anything anyways lol
>>
>>77573081
>>77573090
We are awake is what I'm trying to say. We are awake because we can read and tell time. It is a fact that we cannot read and tell time if we were sleeping, look it up. Your argument was that reality is much like a dream, however it isn't because of these reasons. Beyond this if something is even "real" Clarify. I don't know what you mean by something not being real, when you're talking about the sense that dreams and hallucinations aren't real things happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (368 KB, 865x1150) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
368 KB, 865x1150
Thoughts on Rasputin? He was Russian orthodox and that's good...but he also sinned up a storm.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgqeLS54Ss

Anyone else following possible End times. The verses of the Bible are beginning to align with the modern world.
>>
>>77573215
But how? I'm only supporting the side that reality is real, is because you're taking the side that it isn't. You started the argument with the claim reality is a sham. Now it's your job to prove it. Not mine. Burden of proof.
>>
File: 1447471127976.png (327 KB, 590x624) Image search: [Google]
1447471127976.png
327 KB, 590x624
>>77573393
>We are awake because we can read and tell time.
BEGGING.
THE.
QUESTION.

HOOOOOLY SHIIIIET JAYKWON. You're becoming more brown by the second with those cutting-edge propositions.
>>
>>77573373
You literally just told be the dream I had molesting you in your sleep while I cut open your throat actually happened. Wow. Are you just being ironic at this point? What happens in dreams isn't real, this is an objective fact how can you deny this?
>>
>>77573153
You know there are thousands upon thousands of theories of philosophy right? There are no objective philosophical laws set in stone. Youredeciding to use these parameters for your argument. Why are you ignoring, say, ontology and epistemology when these are both extremely relevant to the discussion. Cutting out things you don't like in order to try and "win" an argument isn't a very productive way to have a conversation
>>
>>77573490
see
>>77573012

I know you are busy fighting with Baitcus Maximus. But if you have to perceive data and the way you perceive is different from the way another does. Than reality is in fact subjective. It is then a sham.

Not only that, reality came from the word "real". Which was nothing more than a buzzword back in the day.
>>
>>77573393
That wasn't my argument at all. You continue to lie and/or twist my words either because you're careless or purposefully
>>
>>77573490
I have never said "reality isn't real". Not once. Not a single time. Never even implied it.
I started the conversation with the following
>There isn't any evidence your sensory experience corresponds to real objects

Dead stop. It's a skeptical position. You're so fucking inarticulate and are an abject failure in terms of average human reading comprehension. I really don't understand how you can even continue posting - I would think it would be horribly embarrassing. But perhaps you're autistic enough that you don't experience embarrassment like the rest of us.
>>
>>77573547
But it's fact? What you're telling me is that we are dreaming, and because we are in a hallucination, what we are experiencing isn't real. If this is not what you mean, then what? What else can you mean by reality not being real?
>>
>>77573594
It isn't an objective fact. No matter how many times you post this without more information being available it will never be a proven fact
>>
>>77573596
How so? Give an example.
>>
>>77573594
>What happens in dreams isn't real, this is an objective fact how can you deny this?
This is what you get from scientism worshipers. This anti-intellectual illogical dribble, dripping with dogmatism and baseless assertions coupled with idolatry and hedonistic materialism.
>>
>>77573699
rekt
>>
File: 1453718169989.png (280 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453718169989.png
280 KB, 576x1024
>>77573717
>What you're telling me is that we are dreaming
Yeah really? Am I really doing that? Why don't you quote me you brainless mong.
>>
>>77571481
>G-d warned us
>We did it

I'm sensing a pattern here
>>
>>77573012
I'm not denying that. But just because we can't comprehend something doesn't give an excuse to fit god in there either. Some things are out of our physical perception, like ultraviolet light, but we can still find ways to detect it.
>>
>>77573695
Just leave, you have literally no purpose to be here
>>
>>77573773
An example of what?
>>
>>77573415
he was part of some sin cult, and he ruined Russia with his shit advice on military matters.
>>
Christianity is a faggotry life.
Look at philippines, we are all christians here but our life is so bad, thurd world poop.

You all should live in the philippines if you love a christian nation
>>
>>77573771
Oh okay, so our dreams are real then. What I dreamed last night actually happened in real life, and the people involved in my dreams have memories of this encounter.
>>
File: mg_3837.jpg (1 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
mg_3837.jpg
1 MB, 5184x3456
Lets get some church architecture up in here
Armenia
>>
>>77573960
Why's that? I never said that reality is much like a dream and pointed that out to you. Do you think insulting me will change that?
>>
>>77574002
>Christians
>"our life is so bad"

Romans 5:1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
>>
>>77573699
What are you implying from this position though?
>>
>>77574028
That isn't what I said though. Not even once
>>
>>77573883
I don't even know where, I just have the gist of what you're trying to prove. This argument has spanned over 6 hours I don't even know who is who anymore.
>>
>>77573907
Certain general Laws of science.
Matter cannot be created or destroyed.
Energy cannot come from nothing and cannot be destroyed

Yet this Universe exists. But all things according to science and logic have a start. The start of the Universe does not come from nowhere though because it can't.

This is where the outside force of God comes into play. Existence as we can interpret it is an infinite myriad of "accidents" that led to what we have. All things stemming from nothing. Because logically speaking, existence could not have started from ALL energy and turned to less because it cannot be destroyed. It can not have started from NO energy because then there would be none. So a force higher than we can understand must have caused existence. That is God.
>>
>>77573965
Of you accusing me for what I was ostensibly doing
>>
>>77574132
>>77574028
But it's funny that you mention that because I've known people who have claimed to have had the same dream in the same not and remember the same things. Obviously this doesn't prove anything, I just thought it was interesting and relevant to the conversation
>>
>>77574114
Nothing except the sheer brute possibility that your sensory experience might not correspond to real objects - you could be a brain in a vat or else tormented by a Cartesian demon for all you know.

Christians believe in God on faith. You believe your sensory experience corresponds to real objects and isn't illusory *on faith*. It's why nobody with any understanding of basic epistemology has ever or will ever take gaytheist dogmatism seriously.
>>
>>77574089
I don't even understand your purpose on this argument. You are going to tell me what we dreamed actually happened in real life, I can't even take you seriously anymore.
>>
>>77574233
>>77573907
>inb4
>With you guys God is always beyond what we can percieve

Don't lump me in with autists from hundreds of years ago. God is the divine creator. Not redecorated Zeus.
>>
>>77574233
That doesn't prove YOUR god. How do we know that the outside force is even Yahweh? You're just asuming it is for your benefit.
>>
File: 1452408094628.png (884 KB, 968x720) Image search: [Google]
1452408094628.png
884 KB, 968x720
>>77574194
Nowhere.
You've been insinuating things literally out of thin air that were never said nor implied.
Learn.
To.
Read.
Or else stop being a blatantly dishonest faggot ;)
>>
>>77574264
That's impossible and you're lying.
>>
>>77574333
No...I wasn't going to tell you that and there was literally no logical reason to think I would

Holy shit lad, what are you even doing?

Also, pro-tip. You can click on the color ID tag to follow the conversations of individual posters. You're welcome underage newfag. Summer vacation is fun isn't it!? ;^)
>>
>>77574422
See
>>77574382

I am in no single way claiming to know that this is MY God. This is where my faith comes into play.
>>
>>77574445
>There isn't any evidence your sensory experience corresponds to real objects
What are you trying to imply from this?
>>
>>77574461
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/impossible-worlds/
Learn what that word fucking means. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>77574461
No, it's very possible that people told me this because they did you fucking retard. I already said that doesn't prove it happened. I'm certainly not lying about it, so that would actually make you the liar friend. Better luck next time
>>
File: 1425119041713.png (226 KB, 652x527) Image search: [Google]
1425119041713.png
226 KB, 652x527
>>77574549
Literally autistic.
Yeah I'm done.
See you next week, since I won't be able to tell you from any other random retard!
>>
>>77574607
Avoiding the argument because you know you're wrong
>>
>>77574461
Also please don't make another Christianity thread if your intent is to act like this. I'd appreciate it
>>
>>77574589
I know you're lying because it's impossible for people to share a dream. That's the type of shit you see in cartoons.
>>
File: 1447489692354.jpg (40 KB, 383x415) Image search: [Google]
1447489692354.jpg
40 KB, 383x415
>>77574788
More like because it's been *LITERALLY AND EXPLICITLY ANSWERED HERE* >>77574308
Ja ne retard~
>>
>>77574851
People literally told me this. I'm not lying about that. Is it possible that they didn't actually share the dream like they said they did? Of course. I've said this three times now. Would you like me to keep repeating myself needlessly?
>>
>>77574876
And believing in a magical wizard is to be taken seriously? I would die in that state, and my conscience had existed longer than a brain in a vat would. Take off your tin foil hat.
>>
>>77575015
Then what the fuck are you running on about? I said you're lying about sharing a dream with someone, because you cannot share a dream. How come you have no recollection of this dream you supposedly shared?
>>
>>77575027
Believing in subjective data is just that, belief. Faith. The difference between God and science is this. One is faith, because faith is all there is. The other is faith in repetitious data.
>>
>>77574876
You believe in God purely on faith. That alone is enough to be retarded. There isn't ANY guarantee that the god you choose is the one that actually exist. I don't believe that what I experience is purely on faith, I can't always be in sleep paralysis.
>>
>>77568145
>>
>>77575222
except it isn't faith, it's reasoning and logic
>>
>>77575299
Data is subjective to the observer. Believing in repetitious subjective data gives you zero edge over other people.
>>
>>77575119
Because it wasn't me who dreamed it. You would see this if you actually read what I posted

I can't tell if you're just trolling or not, but either way, I feel sorry for you and hope things go well for you in your life. Love you bro, God bless
>>
>>77574483
Your faith is meaningless
>>
>>77575358
These are buzzwords for just accepting that things happen a certain way and should have the label "real" slapped on them. Reasoning and logic are both subjective to the observer.
>>
>>77575299
You believe in any proposition outside a priori necessary truths purely on faith. That must make you a super-retard.

There's no guarantee - yep. There's also no guarantee you're not a brain in a vat - but here you are believing you aren't anyway.
Gaytheists are fucking brilliant.
>>
>>77575409
see
>>77575369
>>
>>77575369
I'm not looking for an edge autist
>>
>>77575488
>Nice meme
>Shit post
>>
File: 1409301238809.jpg (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1409301238809.jpg
5 KB, 200x200
>>77575299
Oooooh you're IP swapping!
I fell for it fug ;D
BYE~
>>
>>77575460
You are asuming that one possibility is the only one. And that all are equal likely to occur. I'm not a brain in a vat, because I can feel pain. And neurons are outside the brain. They are connected though. You're implying that I'm just a nervous system.
>>
ive masterbated twice a day for over 15 years. will jesus still accept me? would he ever forgive me?
>>
>>77575557
I just transitioned from mobile data to wifi calm down you sperg.
>>
File: fedora257.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fedora257.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>Christ loves you
>>
File: 1442862354117.jpg (61 KB, 895x944) Image search: [Google]
1442862354117.jpg
61 KB, 895x944
>>77575678
Literally the last time I'm responding.
Just in a last and likely completely vain attempt to make a retard learn something.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/brainvat/
Rip in retardation, philosophically illiterate homo man.
>>
>>77575834
I agree fedora man. He really does
>>
>>77575838
That doesn't prove your god though, it's just fun with inquiry and philosophy. In the event that I am just a brain in a vat, who put me there? There exist a world around me, and someone had to hook up my false reality. Reality still exist, even if it isn't the one I'm experiencing.
>>
>>77575784
Of course. He knew all about you when he took your sins onto himself and died for you. All he needs is your consent to save you.
>>
>>77576037
You literally just have faith in repetitious data. That is it. It doesn't make your perception of reality accurate. Quoting "science" when arguing over whether our perception of reality is accurate is the same as spouting memes. If we are miss-perceiving reality entirely. Then our repetitious data is just a repetitious mess of nonsense.

As far as God goes, Science is a dead end because matter and energy coming from nothing can't happen. Science is a moot point when figuring out where the Universe came from because all it can account for is what is within the Universe. The Observable. Yet it is obvious only the un-observable is responsible for the true going ons and machinations of existence. God is far more "logical" in that regard.
>>
>>77576433
That's where you're wrong, the universe has always existed, with all the matter in the universe condensed in a singularity. The Big Bang didn't come from nothing. But the background microwave radiation suggest at one point the universe was condensed, and the fact that the universe is expanding in all directions at the speed of light is enough to suggest it was condensed. Where did God come from then? Why is it that God can have always existed, but the universe can't? You can't even observe God, you might as well say the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe.
>>
>>77567795
Why do you guys seem to hate every other religion?
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 194x260
>>77567795
Jesus saved me. i am forever grateful, he guides me.
>>
>>77576740
Take away my remark about how you cannot observe God, for God has revealed himself multple times, God does exist in physical form according to what the Bible says.
>>
>>77576775
Go back to your mandir, Rajesh
>>
>>77576786
Praise God!
>>
>>77576775
Because we believe that ours is correct and that other religions come from false prophets who try and lead people to damnation (whether knowingly or unknowingly)

That doesn't mean we hate the people who end up following those religions though
>>
>>77577119
Did Jesus taught you this?
>>
>>77576740
If the Universe truly has no beginning or end.Then all we can observe is what is within an endless Tunnel. Where does the tunnel come from though?

>Sorry, I can only convey what I am thinking in metaphors at this point.
>>
How is the fight with lust going for you guys? What's your plan for summer?
>>
>>77577311
Its mentioned in the bible many times, yeah, but I'm not sure how many times it's Jesus saying it, but I'm sure he talks about them at least once or twice
>>
>>77577535
Source?
Can you quote some verses?
>>
>>77577649
Sure. Here's one

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And here's a list of a bunch more

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-False-Prophets/
>>
>>77577445
How can the same thing no be applied to your god? Astronomers and Cosmologist will continue to make more discoveries, for the pursuit of knowledge is endless. The real reason for the creation of the universe may be something thousands of years away. Why is that some deity always needs to have created the universe? Why would god create a universe that have been prove to be able to function on its own? Why doesn't anything in the universe happen out of order, to where our theories are always be contradicted? Why does the universe appear to function, on its own? Without the aid of something else? Why didn't god design the universe where we had to say it him that created us? More importantly, god had the opportunity to design the universe in the way the bible describes, but he didn't. God had the opportunity to show the world that undoubtedly he is the one true god. But that's not what happened. How Yahweh created the universe is wrong, and proven so. Now his relogion is just as mediocre as the other hundreds. We know that something set the universe. We know because we are here. It does no good to ask what created the universe, because then the question goes to what created the thing that created the universe, and so on, and so on. But by this logic we never get to the actual start, but we are here. So it had to start somewhere. Why not just end it at the universe has always existed, expanding from a singularity?
>>
Oh, we are back in business? Wonderful. Here have some good Saint.
>>
File: 465.jpg (45 KB, 650x380) Image search: [Google]
465.jpg
45 KB, 650x380
Hello, Agnostic or whatever it's called now here. (just never have been interested in Religion really)
I was recently interested in converting to one, and, well Islam is shit, I can't be Jewish and being Buddhist require too much things, so Christianity was the way to go, and I have some questions :

>How can you know he does exist ? Did you got any visions and saw something that was, by you, from him ?
>Don't you sometimes think that your faith is more about giving yourself more courage, a goal to accomplish each day ? To give you more strength in our mad world and not about following the sayings of someone ?
>Do you really believe in the after life ? Eternity seems like such a.. complicated and boring thing, wouldn't you want to end it one day, once you're in heaven/hell ? As Molyneux said, non-religious will have less barriers from doing something bad, for they don't believe in a greater power, so don't you, once again think that you believe in God to have a good lifestyle ?
>What do you think about Islam ?
>What do you think about the violent verses in the Bible, such as : Samuel 15:3, 15:18.
>Why would the Lord allow fellow Christians to die not with honor by Muslims, like in Syria ? And, why would he let you suffer if he loves you ?

After asking some of those questions to Christians, most of the responses were "that's it, or because it is God's will" etc. I know that it may seem clear to you when you have faith, but for disbeliever like us, a lot of concepts are odd. And, sorry if the questions are vagues, and sorry for my frog English.
>>
>>77578180
I'm all for that. It's just that I get this nagging feeling it needs to be questioned. It never feels right to leave it up to a happen stance. It must be quantified. Reaching an un-quantifiable quantity is important.
>>
>>77578180
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_(mythology)

Even the Greeks have a decent description of the beginning coming from nothing. Why did people know this before they could quantify it? These question nag me, and so I keep searching. Through some old text here, and modern research there.
>>
>>77578685
Leaving it up to a coincidence would be saying that a deity created the universe. It isn't a coincidence that universe is expanding. Do you not know how infinitesimal a singularity is? The universe could have been expaninding for an eternity. But we are here. So it must have reached a point sometime 13.5 billion years ago.
>>
>>77579576
Oh please the creation archetypes are no where near science. The big bang didn't come from nothing.
>>
>>77579690
was meant to reply to >>77579212
>>
>>77579690
Then where did it come from?
>>
>>77578589
>I was recently interested in converting to one
why ?
>>
File: physicists.png (38 KB, 358x540) Image search: [Google]
physicists.png
38 KB, 358x540
>>77579788
Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Ask a cosmologist if these things really concern you.
>>
File: 958.jpg (199 KB, 733x487) Image search: [Google]
958.jpg
199 KB, 733x487
>>77579999
To have an identity, kind of. But mostly to give myself some support in everyday life, and when the Civil/Race/Religion war will break out, I know where I'll stand for. I also want to be closer to my Country, my ancestors and their history, I felt like something was missing in my life.
>>
>>77577821
This doesn't mean Jesus hates other religions.

He is just saying that there will be false prophets. This may mean there can be false prophets in Christianity and other religions.
>>
>>77578589
>Buddhist require too much things
What?
>>
>>77567795
I was going to contribute to this thread but I scrolled down and saw people arguing about stupid shit like brains, for no reason.

Maybe see you in the next thread.
>>
Where's the usual fedora Czech?
It's great that /csg/ is back though.
>>
>>77580915
Most of the westerners only know about the "monk" (vipassana, ahimsa, etc) part of Buddhism and not the layman part, this is why he think buddhism is too difficult.
>>
>>77573470

Its far fetched you can look at revealations and pick out multiple theories i like the one where its all about the middle east and the whore of babylon is saudi arabia
>>
File: 1466080149739.jpg (43 KB, 352x417) Image search: [Google]
1466080149739.jpg
43 KB, 352x417
>>77567795
Red pill and Religion seem to be incompatible to me. It's the original conspiracy and earliest form of mind control. How can you reconcile the two?
>>
>>77567795
Jesus christ was black, this is a known fact
>>
>>77583796
Yes it's mind control. But the controller is you. You practice to control your mind.
>>
File: 1john1-6.jpg (119 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1john1-6.jpg
119 KB, 800x800
>>77576786

praise the lord
>>
Who is the patron saint of 4chan?
>>
anyone participating in this event?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5eVY6tY698

tl;dw:
>a pastor spoke out against the sodomites
>he lives in california
>californian sodomites are going to protest their sunday service
>to counter that, they're bringing in believers from all over the region this sunday to shatter the attendance record and show we have solidarity
>>
>>77583796
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qo2STq3UDQ
it's not incompatible
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.