[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREAKING: SENATE BEING FILIBUSTERED BY DEMS FOR GUN CONTROL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: us-capitol046.jpg (159 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
us-capitol046.jpg
159 KB, 600x418
BREAKING: SENATE BEING FILIBUSTERED BY DEMS FOR GUN CONTROL
Watch at http://channel9000.net/stream/cspan2/
>>
Here we go, Sandy Hook 2.0 Electric Boogaloo. I will say though if the Senate starts turning blue in the next few years we may be in trouble.
>>
Filibustering?
>>
>>77414989
talking for way longer than you should to stop legislation being passed or whatever. basically it's an exploitation of the rule that you can't vote until everyone's had their say so if your say never ends then nobody can vote.
>>
>>77414990
Thanks
>>
>republican majority in the senate
>republican majority in the house

Yeah, it's fucking nothing. Let the idiots tire themselves out -- it will prevent them from trying to pass any other degenerate law while they waste their time on this.
>>
Here's what I don't get, what would fillibustering even accomplish here? They don't get to vote or anything so like, why???
>>
>>77414992
There will be a bill that makes people on any sort of watchlist unable to buy guns, and it will pass with bipartisan support and get signed into law. Just watch.
>>
>>77414993
it's the equivalent of throwing a temper tantrum, really.
>SINCE THE SENATE ISN'T DOING WHAT I LIKE I WON'T LET THEM DO ANYTHING AT ALL!!!
>>
>>77414989
mr smith goes to washington
>>
>>77414989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADGJYSdSzw
>>
>>77414987

> Sen. Chris Murphy says.
>'I’m going to remain on this floor until we get some signal, some sign that we can come together,' Sen. Chris Murphy says.

read

>'I’m going to remain on this floor until you agree with me that due process should be circumvented,'
>>
>>77414991
IIRC it can be overturned on a vote but needs about 2/3 of the Senate
>>
The Republicans are the primary users of filibusters, why wouldn't the Democrats just adapt to this scorched-earth era of politics ushered in by the GOP?
>>
>>77415000
Doesn't matter who fucking uses it more, it's about why they use it. They're going all in on this, the same way Rand "Fuck the NSA" Paul filibustered for several hours to protest that "national security" bill.
>>
>>77414994
Eh. To be honest I don't think its the worst piece of shit they could pass.

I think the NRA's current position is they want to make the watchlist more transparent and easier to get removed from if you are on it erroneously.

Now what could be REALLY interesting is if the Republicans got clever and decided to add some amendments that were really progun, like a national CC bill or a legalization of surpressors as non NFA, or repealing the MG ban. And then give those amendments generic names like the Sensory Protection Act for suppresors, or the Gun Violence Fundraiser Tax act (which would be actually the legalization of civie post 86 MGs to be made, and the fundraising being the 200 dollar tax stamp owners would already have to pay).

Or they could even call the National CC law the 'American First Crisis Responders amendment' to really throw them off, complete with 2nd amendment bolstering language.

If we pulled this shit off, it would be an '86 tier coup that would initially let the gun grabbers be happy...until they start losing lawsuits left and right and their gunphobia nightmares become a reality, as we use their ignorance and feels against them to fill America with hundreds of millions of machine guns and destructive devices in every state including the liberal ones, and the federal government doesn't do shit anymore because they would be making soooo much money from thr stamps they'd tell the liberals to fuck off.
>>
>>77415001
Right, because the Congressional equivalent of a temper tantrum really lends itself to good governance.
>>
>>77414994
And we will all be put on the list. An have no recourse to prove we should not be on the list.
>>
>>77415002
>Now what could be REALLY interesting is if the Republicans got clever and decided to add some amendments that were really progun, like a national CC bill or a legalization of surpressors as non NFA, or repealing the MG ban.

No, because that would be an actual compromise, where both sides get something they want. When dems say "why won't you compromise?" they mean "why don't you do exactly what we want and get nothing in return?".
>>
File: childlosesfaithinhumanity.jpg (49 KB, 548x556) Image search: [Google]
childlosesfaithinhumanity.jpg
49 KB, 548x556
>>77414987

What the Fuck are they filibustering? Its not like there is some national CCW law that is to be voted on. They are halting our legislative branch just because they are too inept to get any legislature passed. This is a literal tantrum being thrown by democrats because they can't get their way.
>>
>>77415003
It's an allowed option, and any of them is free to use it. Their usage of sit signifies how hard some of them want gun control. Where are you going with this?
>>
>>77415003
It's almost why Congress has a 10% approval rating.
>>
>>77414995
Funnily enough, for a lot of gun rights advocates, the Senate doing nothing is perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>77415002
Only will happen if the Republican Congressmen have balls.

I've seen no evidence of this in the last decade.
>>
Filibustering...the LACK of a law?

Good job.
>>
>>77415002
Never going to happen. The repubs are all either incompetent or agree with dems on the important issues.
>>
>>77415007
I am actually fairly pleased by it, since it undermines their half-assed assertions that it was illegitimate when it was done by the other side.

But we are wandering into /pol/ territory I guess, anybody want to do a thread about weapons?
>>
>>77415002
How many times have you typed "bomb" while on the internet? How many weapons systems have you used the internet to look up? How many watch lists do you think you're on as a result?
>>
>>77415006
>What the Fuck are they filibustering?

They want an AWB and universal background checks, and are willing to halt the legislative process until such bills are introduced and voted on.
>>
>>77415005
>>77415010
But that's why it would be perfect to catch them off guard. Because they are so used to having things go their way and the democrats are expecting to not get any progress.

So if we use their creeping tactics against them...we could slip it right past them and have Obama sign it without reading too much under pressure from his own allies.

And then like a months later Obama will find out he is the president who legalized machine guns again and his own party will eat him alive.
>>
>>77415003
The government which governs best governs least. -Thomas Jefferson

This a feature, not a bug.
>>
>>77415014
Probably zero since I buy guns and fly for work all the time.

Didn't some anon just say the no fly list was less strict then the terrorist one?
>>
>>77414990

How does that help them if they want gun control legislation to be passed?
>>
>>77415019
They're refusing to do anything else until gun control legislation is introduced.
>>
>>77415020
Introducing it is THEIR job.
>>
>>77415019
>>77415020
>>77415021
It's political theatre. They're "taking a stand" against those evil, heartless, obstructive republicans.

They say they're

>making an effort to pressure Republicans to accept legislation that would deny suspected terrorists from purchasing firearms and require universal background checks.

>“I’m going to remain on this floor until we get some signal, some sign that we can come together on these two measures, that we can get a path forward on addressing this epidemic in a meaningful, bipartisan way,”

So basically they're going to keep filibustering until Republicans "compromise" and agree to universal background checks and making anyone on a secret watchlist a prohibited person
>>
>>77415018
You didn't specify terrorist watch lists. There are a lot of different watch lists, including ones that are only done with data mining. Also, there have been bills (and it may currently be this way in some instances) that place people in recognized militias on terrorist watch lists. So if you could ever see yourself wanting to organize within your community, or see a possibility of these sorts of trappings extending to other organizations, like gun clubs, then you should not think you are immune. Dems love to do this shit incrementally when they can't do it all at once.
>>
>>77415022
> Suspected Terrorists

So pretty much every militia group in the United States?
>>
File: 1464805167372.jpg (39 KB, 462x350) Image search: [Google]
1464805167372.jpg
39 KB, 462x350
>>77415015
Exactly, they're throwing a tantrum because they can't get their way. They aren't using a filibuster in the traditional sense of blocking a bill from passing. They are shutting down our legislative branch until they get their way. Its fucking asinine.
>>
>>77415022
no you fucking idiot. its a purposeful agenda being advanced like its been for the past century. republicans/democrats, neither give a fuck about rights. but you have to make it seem like they do so that the people dont rise up.
>>
They wont ban guns doesnt matter how many amerifats shot up because gun slaes make hell lot of a money and those sales worth more than your life

End of story
>>
>>77415002
>national CC bill or a legalization of surpressors as non NFA, or repealing the MG ban
Tbh I would almost let them put name brand ARs on the NFA in return for this.

Almost.
>>
>>77415027
One can only hope.
>>
>>77415000
you are supposed to filibuster to stop a bill from being passed, not to force the majority to pass a bill that the minority demands and is against the will of the people
>>
>>77414989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDUrw7j0UA4
>>
>>77415030
According to the Dems, what they want is uncontroversial and massively supported by the American people.
This is how you know gun control proponents are divorced from reality.
>>
>>77415032
they still use that one shitty loaded question poll from the day after Sandy Hook as "proof" Americans want gun control
>>
>>77415033
Just like they still use that fucked up study from the 90s where some asshole took one county in one state and compared DGUs that resulted in criminals being killed to all deaths and woundings from suicide and accidents, coming to the conclusion that "a gun in the home is more likely to injure you than an attacker".

Their bullshit is shot down so often they latch onto anything and everything that validates their beliefs.
>>
>>77415019
It doesn't, they're being retarded and pissing people off. Didn't work ever in history.
>>
>>77415015

>They want an AWB and universal background checks, and are willing to halt the legislative process

You know, that's absolutely fine with me. They're the ones whining when shit can't get done when they are NEVER willing to truly compromise.
>>
>Just mentioned that any No Guns if On Terrorist List Bill would have provisions to appeal in cases of false positives

I don't want it, but it's certainly not as bad as everyone is making it seem.
>>
>>77415037
>restricting rights without due process
>"not that bad"
Get the fuck out
>>
>>77415037
You believe them? You think the "appeal" process will be any better than the appeal process for the no-fly list?

>list is secret
>not notified if you're added
>have to send a written letter to FBI
>they may or may not tell you why you were added
>may or may not tell you if you're still on the list or not
>feds have no duty to investigate or reconsider your inclusion on the list
>no affirmative way to appeal your inclusion

Why the hell would they make the appeal process for a terrorist watch list any easier than that for the no fly list?

>>77415038
Also this. There is no due process, no oversight, no transparency. The feds can add anyone to the list at any time for any reason and it's up for that person to figure out they're on the list themselves (there's no notification) and figure out a way to appeal it.
>>
File: 2ndAmendment.jpg (56 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
2ndAmendment.jpg
56 KB, 640x427
>>77415037
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>77415038
>Without due process
>includes due process
Are you stupid?
>>
>>77415040
Agreed. But people are acting like they're going for an AWB or worse again and it's simply not the case.
>>
>>77415041
What due process? Are they going to bring every single person on the lis to court to explain to a judge that theyre a terrorist risk and should have their rights taken away?
>>
>>77415042
An inch is an inch. Forward momentum needs to be prevented for them.
>>
>>77415043
>>77415041
Having an apeal to an automatic rights restriction is not due process. Innocent until proven guilty is still a thing.
>>
>>77415042
They are. It was all about muh scary salt rifle before the bodies were cold
>>
File: Bill-Clinton-DGAF1.jpg (36 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Clinton-DGAF1.jpg
36 KB, 599x337
>>77415042
I'm completely content with the response to any gun control being so (for a lack of a better term) "extreme". It seems that the people have learned that "common sense" gun laws are only small progressions towards their endgame, which is a total ban.
>>
>>77415042
Bullshit. Everyone on the internet is screaming for it. I was seeing posts for it as the shooting was happening.
>>
>>77414987

I feel I should write them a letter thanking them.

The government should shut down more often; if they're not working, they can't fuck things up as fast.
>>
How long is the senate open for, 9am-5pm or do they literally cry about federalising EVERYTHING until they either get bored or achieve in their objective?
>>
>>77415042

Because no matter what they get, the immediate response from the left is "now what else can we take?" since forever.
>>
>>77415017
I remember when Clinton was battling congress and "gridlock" was the buzzword of the day, and he was like "good. There's too many laws on the books already"

Had to get older to understand what he meant but I sure do now. Governmental paralysis is bad if there's a crisis or something of great importance that needs doing, but it is our friend during times of relative peace and stability because it keeps them from meddling just to justify their existence
>>
>>77415052

*my dad was like
>>
>>77414987
What time did this start?
>>
>>77414987
They are literally pulling shit out of their ass. Also why is it gun grabbers sound like such effeminate faggots?!?
>>
>>77415055
Because they are.
>>
So what do you guys think will come out of this?
>>
>>77415057
Someone will pass out from boredom.
>>
>>77415057
nothing

if 30 dead kids couldn't do it, 50 dead promiscuous fags killed by a Muslim definitely won't
>>
>>77415054
It's been going for 8.5 hours, so...
>>
>>77415059
You sure? You have to realize these people think it's the white man's fault this all happened, and add the whole election tension in the air and I don't know what to expect
>>
>>77415061
The election is one of the reasons why it wont happen. Too risky because the voters depending on WHOEVER wins their ass is grass if they are the wrong side.
>>
>>77415057
Too early to tell imo. The Senate vote will probably get split, with the UBCs and the No-Fly list ban being voted on separately.
The No-Fly list ban is DOA in any court with the current state of it, so that shouldn't be an issue going forward (if it gets upheld, then panic).
UBCs have a very slim chance of passing, but they might. All it takes is half a dozen or so Repubs breaking ranks and she goes through. We'll probably get another vote on party lines with UBCs getting shot down though.

The filibuster is just a waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>77414987
DNCs DATA ON TRUMP LEAKED
LINK BEING BLOCKED ON REDDIT SITEWIDE

https://guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/dnc/
>>
>>77415050
Pretty sure it's 9-5
>>
>>77414987

Welcome to the jungle, /k/.
>>
fuck off space niggers
>>
>>77415180
pls no

Seriously though when did /k/ mods start moving threads instead of just deleting them?
>>
????
>>
>>77414987
test
>>
>>77414987
Did anyone else' flags all change to question mark?
>>
>all unknown flags

What is going on here
>>
>>77415791
>>77415516
It's a thread from /k/. Mods moved it.
>>
>>77415516
>>77415791
This thread was imported from /k/, where there are no flags.
>>
File: ???.png (173 KB, 419x628) Image search: [Google]
???.png
173 KB, 419x628
literally wat
>>
File: 1462404312806.png (628 KB, 417x617) Image search: [Google]
1462404312806.png
628 KB, 417x617
>>77415287
A few months or so
>>
>>77415030
The majority demand it and it *is* the will of the people, though.
The problem is that it's politically inexpedient to try and get any kind of common-sense, extremely minimal gun control passed, because they're always worrying about getting re-elected, and discussing gun control at all will get the NRA funding huge attack ads. We've seen that happen so many times.
>>
>>77416381
>We've seen that happen so many times.

have "we", bong?
>>
What the fuck is this neo-nazi board desu kids
>>
>>77415936
It got moved from special /k/.
>>
>>77416381
While that is true something still should be done to stir the Dems they're stupid.
>>77416668
Shut up.
>>
>>77416381
>The majority demand it and it *is* the will of the people, though.

It's really not, or else all these Republicans would have lost their seats. That's generally what happens when you obstruct the will of your constituents.
>>
this is /k/, but I don't really frequent that board so I can't say.
>>
I agree, automatic military-style full mag assault rifles should be banned. /k/ would understand.
>>
>>77417337
Sealand. /k/ finally took it over, but hasn't chosen a flag yet.
>>
>>77417075
bong has no dog in this fight far as any american is concerned, especially a bong that was trying to pass as american before he realized he was on /pol/ with flags
>>
This is why gun law threads should stay on /k/, /pol/ is shit.
>>
>>77417337
a fucking question mark!
>>
File: 1307576777001.jpg (12 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1307576777001.jpg
12 KB, 200x189
QU'EST CE QUE LA FUCK IS GOING ON LADS???????????????????

Is the riddler coming to town?
>>
>>77417494
/k/ doesn't know enough about guns to understand gun laws.
>>
File: feelsscared.png (211 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
feelsscared.png
211 KB, 480x454
>>77417337
G-guys?!?... WTF is happening here?
>>
>>77417337
When a thread gets transferred between boards, it doesnt load the flags
>>
>>77417601
t. Quebec
>>
BASED.

Say goodbye to your 2nd amendment rights bitches.
>>
All "flags" are question marks likely because the thread was moved from another board.
>>
File: 0df.png (47 KB, 404x238) Image search: [Google]
0df.png
47 KB, 404x238
>>77417494
Both are shit, but at least here you can immediately recognize British and Australian shitposters.
>>
>democrats filibustering gun control

That doesn't make sense. Filibuster is when you delay something from going through by literally stalling for time.

But the democrats are the ones who want gun control. They're the ones who want a change. the GOP on gun control wants it to stay status quo. You can't delay status quo. That doesn't make sense.
>>
>>77417756
Who the fuck is moot?
>>
>>77417731
>being this big of a cuck
Kill yourself. Preferably by hanging. We don't need the likes of you around here.
>>
>>77417860
t. moot
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1600x1512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1600x1512
>>77417601
>>77417625
Top this

>file size
>>
>>77417159
Except the attack ads just completely lie about what those Senators and Congressmen actually try and do, which would be incredibly minor things like introducing universal background checks, and say "They want to ban guns! They want to take all your guns away! They hate the Constitution! They hate America!". They're part of the reason that some Democrats have lost their seats, and Republicans have got in in their place.
>>
>>77414987
So they're politicizing the Orlando attack?
>>
>>77417978
Which is exactly the kind of firepower (pun not intended) the Republicans have to bring to the table if they're going to keep Dems from systematically destroying America, much less make it great again.
>>
>>77417337
HAHA
I GOT THE UNKNOWN FLAG
>>
>>77417903
some black guy who used to be a mod
>>
>>77417858
The fuck is happening here?
>>
>>77418075
The Dems always politicize this stuff, then cry the most heinous foul when Republicans politicize anything
>>
File: fbm.jpg (18 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
fbm.jpg
18 KB, 400x388
>tfw known flag
>>
>>77418182
Yes, lie to and deceive the public in order to get into power. Absolutely absurd.
>>
>>77417860
obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>77418336
I mean, a mass murder is an inherently political act, especially when it relates to a political conversation that's been rumbling away in the US for years and years now.
>>
>>77418304
9/10 chance some faggot found a proxy to a country there isn't a flag for and thought it would be hilarious to samefag a ton without people noticing.
>>
>>77414987
>>77414989

I thought the Dems got rid of the un ending filibuster after Rand and el rato did a few filibusters and were pissing them off.
>>
File: 2582395235.gif (30 B, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
2582395235.gif
30 B, 5000x5000
>>77417958
AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN SMALLER
>>
>>77418417
Both parties do it. The difference is why they do it. Dems (or some of them anyway) have the best interests of the US at heart, but they are misguided, and think that stripping everyone's rights will create a utopia, even though in the process they will destroy everything fundamentally American about America.

The Republicans don't want that to happen (for the most part) and things like this are the only real tools they have to stop it.
>>
>>77418911
How exactly do the Democrats want to strip away rights (bar, perhaps, the bullshit "right to bear arms")?
>>
>>77419098
Your cuck is showing, bong.

You know nothing about what it means to be an American because you aren't one and hopefully never will be one. Please leave.
>>
>>77418783
This. It was probably international waters as you can get internet connection at sea but it legally isn't part of the country.
>>
>>77415885
What?
How?
>>
Why are these filthy Democrats holding up production? #DoYourJob!
>>
>>77418848
Neither filibustering nor gerrymandering will ever be banned. Each side wants to be able to use them against the other.
>>
>>77419564
>What?
It's a thread from /k/
>How?
A mod moved it with their ability to move threads.
>>
>>77419627
Naw, it's better for us all when government simply does nothing.
>>
>>77418848
Because it's not obstructive when Democrats do it.
>>
>>77414987
Why give these faggots attention?
>>
>>77414987
>Murphy stated "Clearly, in my mind, there is no reason why anyone should have access to a military-style assault weapon or a magazine clip that holds 30 or 100 bullets."
>Murphy admitted to using Newtown families to break a GOP gun control filibuster.
>Murphy has a 100% rating with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.
>On June 24, 2015, Murphy stated that: "Since Sandy Hook there has been a school shooting, on average, every week." The Washington Post described this statement as misleading.[60]
THE FUCKING WASHINGTON POST CALLED HIS SHIT OUT
OY VEY
>>
>>77419402
Nope. Here in the UK, since the Dunblane shooting, gun violence is almost a total non-existence here.
It's absurd and backwards that you still let anyone and everyone have a gun. If you want to try and claim that there's not a problem with the gun but with the people using it, what exactly does that say about Americans?
>>
>>77419474
>>77418783
>>77418304
>>77417858
Read the fucking thread.
>>
>>77420194
It says that we have gangsta niggas who like to shoot the fuck out of each other. 13% of our population commits 50% of our homicides.

And overall homicide rates are what count, yet progressives only like to pay attention to gun homicides. It's a dishonest debating tactic.
>>
>>77419758

I fully agree. The shameless hypocrisy from the left just never ceases to amaze me.
>>
>>77419098
>bullshit
>"shall not be infringed" right in the fucking constitution

And yet gungrabbers still dont understand.
>>
So by terrorist do they mean right wing gun owners?
>>
>>77418848
this is just a stunt. they want to cry but in order to put any new proposal forward to vote to see if it can be voted on they have to stop filibustering. so if they yield the floor to some one else they can be denied speaking privileges later

they know this. they cant force anything by filibustering its not even the proper way to use a filibuster. its meant to stop something
>>
File: 1440030451434.jpg (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440030451434.jpg
143 KB, 500x500
>>77414987
AUDIO-ONLY STREAM FOR SLOW INTERNET FAGS:

> - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=radio
>>
bump..
>>
from CT. i fucking hate murphy
>>
What are the two measures they're talking about?
>>
>>77420777
WE ARE NOT BACKING DOWN THIS TIME GUN-NUTS. YOU WILL LOSE THIS BATTLE TONIGHT!
>>
Kek, this fucking kike talking right now. He's basically saying he wants to bring the TSA into gun regulations. These statists need to be lynched.
>>
>fully automatic assault rifle
THESE FUCKING LIARS. Let's see if Politifact calls it out for what it is.
>>
ULTRA-RARE FLAG
>>
So is it just dems speaking?
>>
>>77421733
Mostly true: semi-automatic still technically contains the word automatic.
>>
>>77414987
RARE FLAGS

>I want in :D
>>
>>77421627
Are you Daryl Perry?
>>
>>77415049

underrated
>>
File: what the fuckin fuck.png (370 KB, 564x1191) Image search: [Google]
what the fuckin fuck.png
370 KB, 564x1191
Did anyone of you see this thread?
It got deleted. I started a thread asking what happened and got accused of sliding first thing.
>>
>>77417858
>what is a moved thread
>>
We need to get a thread going on how to make guns.
>>
>>77422156
No, there have been two Republicans as well.
>>
>>77422765

That person does not know how executive orders work.
>>
>>77423095

Will this ever happen tho?

How do they plan on even implementing something like this.
>>
>>77414987
How many people will the government have to kill before you give up your outdated 2nd amendment? You dont need a mass murder ar16. The government will protect us all.
>>
>>77414987
wtf is up with the flags
>>
>>77414987
It only took two mass shooting for us Brits to be completely disarmed, so you've done well do far. Good old second amendment. Don't let them do this to you, Americans
>>
>>77420194
That we don't blame inanimate objects for shit like children?
>>
>>77414992
>Let the idiots tire themselves out

while we organize to fire them
>>
>>77423362
It happens when a thread is moved from a board without flags to pol.
Look at the post numbers
>>
>>77414989
The political equivalent of holding your breath.
>>
>>77414987
test
>>
>>77423557
we won't
>>
File: Untitled.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>bullshit waste of time
>>
>>77418911
>Dems (or some of them anyway) have the best interests of the US at heart,

no they don't, they just talk shit for money, thats their job when they're not molesting children
>>
>>77423615
Oh, do fuck off with that bollocks.
We had a gun massacre, we implemented strict gun control laws, we don't have gun massacres any more. Same thing in Australia.
It's absurd to suggest there's not even the possibility of a problem with guns themselves.
>>
>>77414989
it's politican speak for "being a giant whiny little bitch that decides they are going to hold up the entire country by running their mouth and abusing a loophole in the foundation of our congressional system."
>>
>>77421486

thats actually impossible without show of force, but you're selling a shit ton of guns right now
>>
>>77424065
you still have mass killings, stop pretending
>>
get your shit together american lol
>>
>>77424065
you still have the same amount of violent crime as before so what exactly did banning guns accomplish?
>>
File: 1461546210198.png (279 KB, 360x322) Image search: [Google]
1461546210198.png
279 KB, 360x322
>>77414987
>GOP holds up Congress
>Everyone calls them retard obstructionists
>Dems are holding up Congress
>Everyone is cheering them on
IT'S OKAY WHEN A DEMOCRAT DOES IT
>>
File: 1457491893344.gif (175 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1457491893344.gif
175 KB, 500x375
The Democrats will tire themselves out and, I hope, nothing they have done will be accomplished
>>
>>77424270
What mass killings?
>>
File: 1465628009844.jpg (147 KB, 1053x1200) Image search: [Google]
1465628009844.jpg
147 KB, 1053x1200
It's not a filabuster, not officially. Dems are just shilling hard with "chilling statistics" and "common sense".
>>
wtf is the start of this thread secret shill country not marked on maps??????
>>
>>77424451
7/7 bombings
>>
>>77424451
Also, consider that The Troubles were coming to an end in the late nineties. Do you think a ban on guns would have made a difference if they had continued?
>>
>>77414987
One thing I can't figure out:

What exactly are they trying to push for? What is this pseudo-filibuster supposed to accomplish? What are they trying to get passed?

Apologies if it was earlier in the thread and I missed it.
>>
File: What Gun Problem.png (148 KB, 949x559) Image search: [Google]
What Gun Problem.png
148 KB, 949x559
>>77414987

This is ridiculous. You literally have less than a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being killed with a "Assault Rifle". Maybe the senate should not waste their time with this nonsense when there are important issues to deal with such as being over 19 Trillion dollars in dept or fixing health care (which could save thousands of lives).

Really despicable.
>>
>>77415034

that was king county in washington, there are lots of drunk white people (moreso as a percentage of the population when the study took place) and very few brown/black people, so obviously there's going to be way more NDs than DGUs.
>>
>>77423175
Neither does Obama.
>>
File: 1465512963919.jpg (60 KB, 611x960) Image search: [Google]
1465512963919.jpg
60 KB, 611x960
>why won't you let us vote!
PRESENT A BILL FAGGOTS.

Democrats are the worst.
>>
>>77424065

The Happy Land Club Fire of 1990 (NYC)
The 2005 London Bombings (UK)
The Cumbria Shooting of 2010 (UK)
The Charlie Hebdo Shootings (FRA)
The Quakers Hill Nursing Home Fire (AUS)

These all occurred in places with the strictest gun controls law on Earth. They and many more happened after said laws were enacted. Some mentioned, and many others not mentioned here (don't even get me started on China) didn't involve a single shot being fired.

Evil's gonna' evil. You can't legislate away malicious intent. Ban one object, another one takes its place. It never ends.
>>
>>77424065
America has more guns than it has people, and a crimefilled continent willing to smuggle contraband to its citizens, it's gonna be just like the war on drugs, as in it's not gonna fucking work
>>
Can Republicucks speak? Where is Ted Cruz?
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>77425056
>Nigger
>Democratic candidate's husband
>Jeb Bush's brother
>Jeb Bush's father
>Jimmy "Banning Middle Eastern immigrants is fine when I do it" Carter
>>
>>77424617
Congrats, you've identified that bombings can be as bad as mass shootings.
7/7 was also 11 years ago, the last mass killing in America was a few days ago. The last mass killing was days before that etc. etc. etc.

Even if you want to totally ignore the evidence from the UK and Australia, what does this say about the US where gun crime is so vast, there are so many gun-related deaths, and the problem is getting worse? What does that say about the American national identity? Is there something particularly fucked up with being an American?
>>
>>77425535
When your full of so much won, you have to handicap yourselves for other nations
>>
>>77425796
Win*
Fuck auto
>>
File: 1465517638014.png (326 KB, 483x622) Image search: [Google]
1465517638014.png
326 KB, 483x622
>>77425266
>Can Republicucks speak?
No. It's a Dem circle jerk.
>>
>>77425266
Yes, and a couple have done so.
>>
>>77425266
yes, two republicans have already spoken
>>
>>77425535
>totally ignore the evidence from the UK and Australia
There is no evidence from the UK and Australia that your strict gun control reduced homicide rates.

>the US where gun crime is so vast, there are so many gun-related deaths, and the problem is getting worse
False. Crime is going down. See >>77424954
>>
>hurr durr you can't slander we have libel laws
So in this analogy I can legally shoot people.
Nice.
>>
>>77425535
Gun crime with assault weapons simply is not a major problem in the US. Tell me why assault rifles deserve to be center stage for legislative action when you have less than a 1 in 1,000,000 chance of being killed with one. There is no logical answer period, statistically speaking mass shootings almost don't exist.

Our founding fathers knew the pain of oppression and they drafted the second amendment to ensure that no matter what, the people could be a force to be reckoned with. Taking away what many thousands lost their lives in exchange for a chance (not a guarantee) of possibly saving a handful of lives is idiotic, misguided, and shameful.
>>
>>77425535
In light of seeing calls for Gun Control twitter and other social media it seems important to remind everyone of on the following:
There are an estimated 357 million guns(1), and 310 million citizens with one in three owning a firearm (2), making 103.3 Million gun owners in the USA. According to CNN there are 33,636 gun related deaths (3), of which nearly 60% of all of them were suicide (4). This leaves us with 13,455 (rounded up) gun violence related deaths. Which in a population of 310 million equates to killing 0.00004343% (repeating) of the US population in 2015.
However, 48.9% of Violent Crime is Gang Related (5). So from what I can tell, avoid bad areas and gang related activity and you should live an entire life free of lead made holes.
Sources:
1: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/10/05/guns-in-the-united-states-one-for-every-man-woman-and-child-and-then-some/
2: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/one-three-americans-own-guns-culture-factor-study-finds-n384031
3: http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/us/gun-deaths-united-states/
4: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/upshot/gun-deaths-are-mostly-suicides.html
5: https://www.nationalgangcenter.gov/survey-analysis/gang-related-offenses
>>
How much longer do they have to babble to put off everything?
>>
File: image.gif (212 B, 16x11) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
212 B, 16x11
>>77414987
What the fuck happened to all of the flags?
>>
>>77414988
It's going red because of this.

This is the most pathetic attempt to skirt responsibility by leadership in a while. FBI knew all about this guy and they Hillaried him anyway.
>>
>>77424938
AR ban so it's easier for obama to invoke martial law during his third term
>>
>>77425056
This picture triggers me.

3 Democrats living. Obviously not gonna support Trump.

2 conservatives living, OF THE SAME FAMILY THAT PAID UNGODLY AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO TRY TO WIN THIS ELECTION BID AND FAILED. ofcourse they're not gonna endorse him.

Conservative politicians everywhere are supporting Trump, 5 isolated presidents don't prove shit.
>>
>>77426755
Nevermind, read the thread
>>
>>77426580
>Our founding fathers knew the pain of oppression and they drafted the second amendment to ensure that no matter what, the people could be a force to be reckoned with.

Good luck fighting against your government's drones with an assault rifle :^)
>>
>>77425535
The average Afghan, Ugandan, or Iranian has little to no access to assault weapons, by way of a lack of financial ability.

And yet they still manage to execute gays.

Every country has different cultures and variables that affect it. Gun control works in the UK and Australia because they are islands. The US is attached to countries by way of a border to countries that have different gun cultures.

A blanket ban would not work in the US, the population is too large, and the country itself is too close to other entry points for illegal firearms. It is more rational to have better regulations for legal gun control.
>>
File: mfw the bar bitch cuts me off.jpg (156 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
mfw the bar bitch cuts me off.jpg
156 KB, 1024x576
>>77425496
fucking kek
>>
File: boogie.jpg (707 KB, 4233x3261) Image search: [Google]
boogie.jpg
707 KB, 4233x3261
>orlando shooter passes background check
WE NEED BACKGROUND CHECKS GOYS
>>
>>77427065

we don't need to fight the drones we just need to hypothetically kidnap their children :^)
>>
>>77427086
And that's exactly what's being discussed today. Incredibly minor expanded gun control.
>>
>>77425535
America has 382 metropolitan statistical areas (bigass cities), with over 50,000 people living in each and every one of them. These places have ghettos that rival the living conditions and economies of third-world countries. This is where the vast majority of our violent crime comes from. If we were to wave a magic wand and erase all urban centers from the American map, our crime statistics would be comparable to places like Switzerland. Outside of these cities, your odds of being the victim of a violent crime are literally on par with winning the lottery (or losing it, in this case).
>>
File: 0 (2).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>inb4 rand locks the doors and shows them how real men filibuster
>They dont get to piss until he does
>>
File: 1465935842821.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1465935842821.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>77427065
Nice meme, achmed. To keep control over a civilian population you need boots on the ground. Drones won't hack it. And boots bleed when you shot them with AR 15s and Glocks. But you knew that anyway, you shit-spewing simpleton. :^)
>>
>>77427308
A ban on "assault" guns is not minor.
>>
OY VEY DA HOLOCAUST REMEMBER DA 6 BILLION
>>
>>77427086
>It is more rational to have better regulations for legal gun control.

I buy my weapons and everytime I have to go through NICS. I have been able to make one straw purchase in my lifetime and I'll admit, that's probably the only loophole that needs fixing, but of course, bad guys don't fucking care about laws, rules, or "MUH GUN CUNTROLE".
>>
>>77414987
Who the fuck are you.
>>
>>77418075
They're Dems. Christ, are you even paying attention. It's par for the course with that team.
>>
REMEMBER THE 60000000000000000000000000
>>
>>77415791
Going to my collection
>>
>>77427065
Yes because these "tactical strikes" tend to have a 35% accuracy of getting the proper targets, not to mention the fact that you're killing your own people.

Which ever president decides to use drones on the american populace would go down as the worst president in the history...ever if they even still get to keep the title
>>
>>77425535
>Even if you want to totally ignore the evidence from the UK and Australia, what does this say about the US where gun crime is so vast, there are so many gun-related deaths, and the problem is getting worse? What does that say about the American national identity? Is there something particularly fucked up with being an American?
> ever hear of things called niggers?
>>
>>77427065
Good luck fighting against your government's drones with your spoon. ;^)
>>
File: merch.jpg (74 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
merch.jpg
74 KB, 501x585
OY VEY DA HOLOCAUST OF GUNS

REMEMBER THE SURVIVORS
>>
>>77415022
>“I’m going to remain on this floor until we get some signal, some sign that we can come together on these two measures, that we can get a path forward on addressing this epidemic in a meaningful, bipartisan way,”

So they're acting like children then? First the walkout during the moment of silence, now this shit? I guess they're taking their cues from the Petulant President. I guess no legislation will be passed until the the election, then. :^)
>>
>>77427407
They're not even pushing for a ban on assault weapons today.
They're talking about universal background checks, and closing the gun show and internet loophole/
>>
Short arms for a guy that reaches so far.
>>
>>77427659
lol, I can always count on pol to always deliver
>>
>>77414987
I'm scared guys
>>
>>77427574
No shit, because the US government isn't going to start attacking its citizens like that.
>>
>>77425535
>30k deaths per year
>20k suicides
>10k 'gun related' deaths left
>most (75% or more) were gang related
Yes, it's definitely guns and not the dindu turf wars.
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT LISTENING, THEY ARE LITERALLY COMPARING GUN VIOLENCE TO THE HOLOCAUST
>>
>>77427065
The US has been fighting and losing in the middle east for 15 years against illiterate and poorly trained fighters armed primarily with antiquated soviet era rifles and fertilizer bombs.
>>
>>77427661
There is no gun show/gunbroker.com loophole... everyone goes through NICs you retard.
>>
>>77427705
There is no gun show or internet loophole. The law intended for private sales to happen like this. There's also no internet loophole. If you want to buy a gun from an actual seller, you have to get a background check. If you want to buy a gun online, you have to send it to someone with a license to sell guns in your state to do a background check. If you buy a gun from someone out of state, you have to have them send it to a licensed seller in your state of residence.

Stop being a child.
>>
>>77425535
>and the problem is getting worse
>gun violence is actually going down
>>
>>77427705
Those aren't loopholes, they're literally as close as the system gets to working as intended. Background checks are a blatant violation of the right to bear arms.
>>
>>77427802

while they attempt to create one

brilliant, they're trying to reverse meme us
>>
>>77427705
There is no gun show loophole. It's a fucking boogeyman created by liberals. What exists is that a regular citizen, not a business or private entity, can sell his property to someone else without conducting a background check, which he wouldn't be able to do anyway.

Are you going to make background checks available for all citizens to conduct at any time? No? Then you're just fueling the black market because people will sell shit between each other anyway. Why wouldn't they?

Your retarded legislation wouldn't have stopped Omar anyway. He wasn't on the terror watch list. He was removed TWO YEARS AGO, and he cleared multiple background checks.

>As it happened, Mateen was a security guard licensed to carry concealed weapons in Florida, and he passed the necessary background checks to legally buy the guns he used.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/closing-the-terror-gun-loophole-might-not-have-stopped-the-orlando-massacre/486863/

Suspending someone's constitutional rights without due process is WRONG.
>>
>>77428067
Piggybacking.
See >>77424954
>>
>>77428129
this, it asserts the assumption that everyone is guilty until proven otherwise
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.