[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Common sense gun regulations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 23
File: commonsense.png (317 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
commonsense.png
317 KB, 600x600
Why are you against criminal/ mental background checks for guns?
>>
>>77404964

we will have to read how they define background checks.

why do people act like you can make decisions on things by reading the title of a bill?
>>
Because eventually the government will claim that wanting a gun is a sign of mental illness, and the fact that you want a gun prohibits you from owning one. The only way you will be permitted to carry a weapon will be if you DON'T want to be carrying a gun, meaning a draftee into the military. Who the government will order to shoot the mentally ill and dangerous people who want guns.
>>
>>77404964

Because criminal and mental background checks already exist in every state you retarded fucking leaf.
>>
Nobody with schizophrenia should be able to legally purchase an assault weapon.
>>
>>77404964
It makes sense to do, but there is currently no infrastructure to do it. You can't give people's medical and criminal records to shop owners, so you would have to have some government controlled mechanism to check for gun viability. Is a government controlled mechanism going to satisfy the backyard militias?
>>
"This person said some bad things about Jews once. He is obviously insane, because there are no rational grounds for disliking Jews."
>>
>>77404964
"Mental background check"

Who influences the standard of what is considered a mental health issue? Will Conservative Republicans be considered mentally dangerous? Will Patriotic Americans who criticize their government be considered a risk of national security? Will Christians be considered a "dangerous sect" of American society?

Shove your checks up your arse.
>>
>>77405266
>Headline readers thinking critically about what constitutes the topic.

Never going to happen. Who is doing the "Mental health background check"? Are we going to see people with a more "conservative" leaning mentality being declared not fit for gun ownership? So much room for error and bias, but that's ok the headline readers will feel good from the headline and support it.
>>
>>77404964
1: why the fuck is this guys opinion important

2: it's an opinion backed with no relevant facts

3: see pic
>>
If you go to the doctor and clearly are showing signs of severe mental illness there should be no issue having at least some time of system that allows the doctors to flag the person from owning a gun until their mental faculties are back in check. I have no idea how this is supposed to be a unpopular argument.
>>
>>77404964

Because the constitution doesn't say "shall not be infringed unless you can't pass a background check, then fuck you."
>>
>>77405741
The check we already have for FFLs is if you've been adjudicated on mental health grounds. As I understand it Obama's order would expand that to person-to-person (so-called "gunshow loophole"). No idea how the fuck you'd enforce it if some crazy person drove out to Bubba's trailer by the river and bought his daddy's SKS he had in the garage since 1978 for $120 or traded it for his rusted out propane grill.
>>
>>77405741

$5 says they deny guns to anyone who has ever been diagnosed with clinical depression "for their own safety" without realizing the irony in this.
>>
>Occupy Democrats in the OP
You are dishonorably discarded. How much do they pay you to shit up our backyards?
>>
>>77404964
>I am this and just like you and I support gun control!
nice
>>
>>77405309
Holy shit
>>
>>77405605
Report schizos to jail.
>>
these faggots are going to take your guns little by little, this is obviously the first step. and no respectable firearm enthusiast would be on a page like occupydemocrats.
>>
>>77405741
In Soviet Union being ""Capitalist"" was a mental illness.
>>
>>77404964
>enthusiast
>enthusiast
Not owner.
>>
>>77405993
How about deporting those we can't trust with a gun?
>>
>>77404964
Because I can read the US Constitution aka the Supreme Law of the Land and as a responsible gun owner and citizen I believe that the Law should be followed.
>>
>>77406552

Nobody is trying to take your guns. I think most gun owners agree that there needs to be a system that stops hardcore criminals and mentally unstable people from purchasing automatic assault weapons. Nobody here is arguing against that and honestly I think a country like United States could easily implement a system like this if lobbying groups like the NRA got out of the way.
>>
>>77405322
Sp how did Ahmed the Fagkiller get his gun? Was it stolen? Or belong to his friend/family member?
>>
>>77404964
Remember liberal fag all gays and transgender people were considered mentaly I'll less than 20 years ago. Any one who doesn't follow societal norms is mentaly I'll. Any one who is stressed out because of work could be considered mentaly I'll. Playing video games more than a few hours a week is a mental illness. Being part of a certain religious group is a mental illness. Not believing what I believe is a mental illness. Where does it stop?
>>
>>77406791
who cares, he could have got it because I gifted to him, still wouldn't change anything how he's a criminal and my gun is my right.
>>
>>77406727
>I think most gun owners agree that there needs to be a system that stops hardcore criminals and mentally unstable people from purchasing automatic assault weapons.
There is. What we already have.

[spoiler]they buy them illegally retard[/spoiler]
>>
>>77406791
Dude you have to be a fucking retard to purposely fuck up on the background tests

They will ask you

>are you an addict
>have you been to the hospital

etc. Only retards answer them truthfully.

I'm bipolar and still got my guns
>>
>>77406846
I remember hearing about the DSM having the framework laid out for defining "mental illnesses" like having a strong desire to eat healthy, non-processed foodstuffs.
>>
>>77407040

What about the gunshow loophole?
>>
>>77405605
this could cause people with schizophrenia to try and hide their illness and not get treated.
>>
/pol/ is a habbeding board.

if only sane responsible people had weapons, there would be damned little to talk about.
>>
>>77406791
he didn't have a criminal record
>>
>>77406791

>how did a guy who has never been diagnosed with mental illness and worked as a security guard with a license to own a firearm get his gun

Probably the same way you buy cough medicine: walking into a store and buying it you fucking idiot.
>>
>>77407050
just asking you isn't a real background check. They need to actually check themselves not just ask the person lmao of course they know people will lie.
>>
>>77404964

>"I'm a fatfuck that buys shitty guns in the hope that they rise in value over time, and this is why I support Obama's bans and restrictions on guns since it limits the availability of guns but will grandfather in what I already have thus increasing it's value. I'm totally on your side, though!"

:V
>>
>>77404964
What is going to be considered mentally ill though? Are we going to go as far as to include people who have taken Adderall as a kid? Are we going to block people from buying firearms if they have gone and got help for mental health?

Also
>citing "common sense" when wanting to make the topic very one-sided by making the opposition have to go against "common sense"
>>
>>77407146
It's not a loophole. If you're a felon and you purchase a gun at a gun show you are purchsing your gun illegally.

And why would you do that when most private sellers at gun shows aks for photo identification and make detailed bills of sale for their files for this exact reason? Tyrone on the corner won't make you do this.
>>
>>77407146
Jesus, there is no loophole. Gun show vendors are legally required to run background checks on transfers just like any other dealer. The only reason people bring up this argument is because there happens to be a lot of private transfers between people, which is legal in a lot of states.
>>
>>77404964

>Why do you refuse to acknowledge criminal/ mental background checks for guns are already in place?
>>
>>77404964
Already have it. Enforce the existing law.
>>
>>77407146

There is no "gunshow loophole" you fucking idiot.
>>
>>77407543
>Are we going to block people from buying firearms if they have gone and got help for mental health?
They would. And then I would be fucked because I saw a psychiatrist in my early 20s as part of treatment for a substance abuse problem.
>>
>>77407186
You know when leftists say people should get help with their mental illness but then in the same breath say we should take away their rights? Funny huh
>>
>>77404964
Because most crimes are victimless and mental health is totally arbitrary.
>>
>>77407883

They're the same people who say that frycooks need to make $15/hr but blue collar workers who lose their jobs to Mexicans who will work for $11/hr were "asking for too much money."
>>
Lets go through this logic. There was a call to have more shit on guns after sandy hook. It never happened. More after San Bernadino. Never happened. This with Orlando, still won't happen. Ever since fucking Columbine, we've been shrieking and hollering for gun bans and gun restrictions and in some places it has happened. But you know damn well, that if the repealed the 2nd ammendment, there would be an impeachment fest for king nigger and all his little lackeys. Mark my words, gun control is a thing now. But it doesn't matter how many times we end up with a mass shooting. We only care when its a lot of people. When a nigger kills a nigger, we don't care. When someone else kills a nigger, or muslim, or whoever, we call for a gun thing. Move the fuck on and Sage.
>>
>>77406727
>nobody is trying to take our guns
Do you honestly believe that if our government was not held back by the second amendment that they would not try to take all our guns in an instant? Look at all the crazy laws that have been proposed to restrict guns and the only reason a lot of them didn't pass was because they were unconstitutional.
>>
File: burning.png (223 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
burning.png
223 KB, 900x900
>>77407534

So let's extrapolate your retarded idea: The only possible way to do that is create a national mental health database. This is a total waste of time for the following reasons:

1) You're trying to keep sociopaths, people who are manipulative narcissistic habitual liars, from having guns. People who have become experts at hiding the traits that mark them as mentally ill.

2) Psychologists and Psychiatrists are no longer capable of practicing physician–patient confidentiality, meaning that the mentally ill will not seek treatment.

3) The moment you walk into another psychologist's office and get a second opinion that you're not mentally ill then the database becomes meaningless.

Whatever method you think would work to enforce this magical federal background check, it'll just cause mental illness to dig itself in deeper, fester longer, and explode harder.
>>
"Shall not be infringed"
It pisses me off that America has such a fantastic document as its constitution and short sighted idiots are slowly tearing it up.
An amazing libertarian principle that ensures the most fundamental freedom. By implication they are genocide deniers, since the worst non-state mass shooter pales into insignificance next to crimes committed by states.
Any infringement is liable to be abused by the most murderous form of human organization- the state, and yet naive fuckers seem to think the American state is somehow uniquely immune to tyranny and corruption. It is, but only because of the constitution.
Don't fuck it up.
>>
File: how horrifying.jpg (56 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
how horrifying.jpg
56 KB, 225x220
>>77405309
>>
File: trumplets.png (283 KB, 1021x512) Image search: [Google]
trumplets.png
283 KB, 1021x512
>>77408272

but of course, determining who is and isnt muslim is totally 100% accurate and simple, right bud?
>>
>>77408910

Nice red herring.
>>
File: 1453395132797.png (404 KB, 1072x758) Image search: [Google]
1453395132797.png
404 KB, 1072x758
>>77408910
Finding out if someone is Muslim or not is about as easy as figuring out if someone is vegan
>>
File: liberal dilemma.jpg (184 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
liberal dilemma.jpg
184 KB, 536x800
>>77408337

>and yet naive fuckers seem to think the American state is somehow uniquely immune to tyranny and corruption

The great irony.
>>
>shall not be infringed

so why do felons lose theirs
>>
What the hell is a "mental health check"? Like, point to an occupation or lifestyle or tool/vehicle someone needs to have a mental health check in operating and tell me what it looks like for them.

Just because i don't feel like shooting up a school today, or next week, or next year, doesn't mean I won't do it in future.
>>
File: 3GDrsWZl.jpg (60 KB, 640x586) Image search: [Google]
3GDrsWZl.jpg
60 KB, 640x586
>>77409885
Personally I'm in the camp that thinks that if you do the time you should have all your rights restored
>>
>>77405993
Not too long ago, homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Due to political pressure, not scientific evidence, it was redefined as NOT a mental illness, but a government approved...no, government PREFERRED lifestyle choice. The definitions of sane and not sane will change due to political pressure. No profession is free from the corrupting influence of government's coercive power. They will simply label anyone who wants a gun as a dangerous and violent person, with alternating paranoid delusions of persecution (Government gonna get me) and grandeur (We will defeat the military). They will classify conservative views as a mental illness. Never, ever trust politicians. Ever.
>>
>>77404964
>Random guy's opinion

Why is Occupy Democrats like this?
>>
File: Missouri Poster.png (665 KB, 1526x1116) Image search: [Google]
Missouri Poster.png
665 KB, 1526x1116
>>77404964
>Missouri

Shame upon my state.
>>
File: Statism.jpg (16 KB, 239x352) Image search: [Google]
Statism.jpg
16 KB, 239x352
>>77404964
Because I have no desire to be a slave like you, faggot leaf.
>>
File: BanAr15.png (58 KB, 807x601) Image search: [Google]
BanAr15.png
58 KB, 807x601
I'm pro "common-sense" gun regulation.

Banning specific guns because they are scary-black-guns is retarded.

Like how the CZ-858 is up to be banned in Canada even though technically it falls into the "non-restricted" as far as it's physical specifications go. But it looks like an AK-47 and is thus spoopy.

The AR-15 as a restricted firearm in Canada makes sense because it physically matches the definition of a restricted firearm due to it's short length (and thus concealability).

I think "delayed access" makes sense on the topic of becoming a firearm owner. Somebody who doesn't already own firearms, and wants to go on a shooting rampage has to fake their way through the licensing process first; and as a result it doesn't happen overly often.

And having taken the Firearm Safety Course it's actually a very good and informative course. I would even go as far as to argue that it should just become a standard part of public education.

Just because if you have taken the FSC, whether or not you like guns, if you come across a gun that some criminal ditched while running from police, it provides you with the knowledge you need to render that firearm safe.

And I think if that was hammered into children from a relatively young age, you would have less accidents involving children and firearms.

It's not so much the gun control aspect of the Firearm safety program that I think works, as it is the cultural implications of it. '

Canadian gun nuts tend to be a lot more responsible and aware of what they are doing at any given time.
>>
>>77404964
Aren't gun sellers already forced to do some extensive background checks on their customers? For example, I heard that felons and people who have been forced to stay in mental wards are permanently excluded from owning a gun.
From what I've heard, Obama is basically trying to prevent terrorist suspects from buying guns, but those lists are secret and your name could be added just because of your skin color, religious afflination or political views.
Even in Germany, as long as you haven't been formally sentenced, you can still own a gun as long as your mentally healthy (or over the age of 25) and have passed a test.
>>
File: occupy_demcucks.jpg (28 KB, 434x439) Image search: [Google]
occupy_demcucks.jpg
28 KB, 434x439
>>
>>77404964
I'm not, we already have that. There is no background check that predicts the future. The problem really is that the people calling for this do not understand our system.
>>
>>77404964
I am a total for reals homosex and I support the execution of all gays
>>
Not for gun control, but didn't they clear the Pulse shooter as mentally stable?
>>
>>77406791
He didn't have a criminal record. He passed the fucking test. And the reason WHY is that everyone was afraid to report him for anything because that'd be WACIST.
>>
>>77412325
in Canada you just need 2 references and 6 months of patience. And 60 dollars every 5 years.

Also if you are recently divorced or fired (last 2 years) they will want to interview your spouse/employer (for obvious reasons).

Restricted weapons (Short rifles and hand guns) are a little more restrictive. License is more expensive, and you have to call the local Chief Firearms Officers office every time you want to leave your house with it.

But yeah. Ruger Mini-14 ranch, non restricted. Sexier than AR-15 and just as capable.

Why less shooting in Canada? 25% of households in Canada have at least 1 firearm, vs. 33% in US. Yet we have like 1/10th the shootings.

It's not the guns themselves that are the problem m8.
>>
>>77412325
Every gun I own went through paperwork, background check, plus the unstated, unlegislated check of not freaking out the gun store clerk. I have seen them turn people away. The gun grabbers gratuitously make cartoons in which the gun store clerks are idiots who sell to clearly deranged people. In real life, they are watching you, they won't sell to you if you fill out one box wrong or if you do anything thay suggests criminal intent. It's just like a bartender not selling to a visibly drunk person.
>>
Yeah it's funny, some US states actually have more gun control than Canada. Lol.

Also, .50BMG rifle in Canada. YES WE CAN BITCHES.
>>
in Canada also a weapon other than a firearm is defined by it's intent of use.

So you can also carry big ass knives in Canada if you want. As long as you aren't creating a public disturbance by doing so.
>>
>>77412325
What it looks like they will try to do is just declare people insane, like in the later Soviet Union. I have met a psychiatrist who thought that wanting to own a gun was itself proof of mental illness -- guess what, he was a recent arrival from India. Look up Brandon Raub. They tried, at the time of "the freak 2012-2013 one shooting a week streak," to just arrest people without cause, forcibly commit them to a psych ward, then use that to go back to the guy's house and take the guns. In Raub's case he was rescued by a libertarian/Constitutionalist think tank, the Rutherford Institute, and the judge was so mad he threw the whole thing out. Raub had done nothing and owned no guns. They just thought he would be an easy target and grabbed him.
In the aftermath of that, veterans seeking mental health services dropped off, because obviously this totally poisoned trust.
They have an agenda, they try to move forward with it, they overreach, they are beaten back, they try again.
>>
I can already tell you the faggot in the pic doesn't own a gun. Everyone on my Kikebook who owns a gun has said that gun control is a bad thing
>>
>>77404964
Who defines who is mentally sufficient to own and operate a firearm?
>>
>>77412752
Oh man, could it be that Canada has even stricter gun laws than Germany? While we have to join a sports club, wait a year and pass the tests, we don't need anyone to vouch for us. Even a loner could easily get a gun as long as he's over 25 and we can buy most weapons that Americans can also buy (with the exception of pumpguns, 50cal bmg and automatic ones).
>>
>>77408272
>The only possible way to do that is create a national mental health database
Or contract it out to companies that do background checks.
>>
>>77404964
Because they don't work. Criminals just get someone without a criminal record who they know will pass a background check to buy the gun for them.
>>
>support criminal/psycho background check
>turns out you're deemed a psycho/criminal for some reason by the 'infallible' computer system

yea nah, fuck off cunt
>>
File: Jews.jpg (495 KB, 998x1134) Image search: [Google]
Jews.jpg
495 KB, 998x1134
>>77404964
How about for Politicians first? Most are traitors, but never the real problems.
>>
>>77413294
Our psychatrists are legally forced to keep quiet about their patients unless the patient does actively threathen to kill people, in which case he's allowed to alarm the police.
>>
>>77404964
>Why are you against criminal/ mental background checks for guns?
Because there is litteraly zero evidence that they do anything other than infringe upon the rights of good law abiding people.
>>
>>77413370
I think most US states have prohibited .50BMG.

I mean I honestly don't see the Canadian system as being particularly overbearing.

The Firearm safety course takes about 8 hours to do. Provides you with hands on experience (using dummy ammo of course). The hard part is that there's only 1 processing office for the licenses. Which is why it takes 6 months.

I know at least 2 people who will vouch for me. And the last time I got divorced was like 6 years ago, and we on good terms, so she would even vouch for me if I wanted.

Pretty much any gun you can get in the US you can get in Canada (since the US also banned automatics) And then some. Becuase like I said; .50bmg legal Canada wide. Not US wide though.

When's the last time you ever heard of somebody murdering somebody with a .50 though? lol. You can't fucking shoulder fire that kind of power.
>>
>>77407534
What is a 4473?
>>
>>77413713
No, anything .50 bore is allowed in nearly all of the US.
>>
when they start banning black pipe at hardware stores and 12ga shells at Walmart, it will be all over.
>>
>>77413713
As far as I know California is tje only state that bans them
Maybe NJ and NY
Outside of that to my knowledge they are legal everywhere else
>>
>>77413713
I think countries and states that ban .50bmg do so not because of the high murder rates but rather the potential threat to themselves, since the bullet can easily pierce several level 4 plates and security cars.
>>
>you tell your family doctor you have recurring nightmares and you toss and turn in your sleep
>3 years later you wanna buy a gun
>computer says too bad brah, says here you're a psycho!

No.
>>
>>77412325
This is more or less true- they make sure someone's not a felon, not convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence, and also not legally ruled insane by a court or has been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric ward. But we don't ban people from having guns if they have OCD or something. However, medical marijuana patients are prohibited from owning guns no matter why they have the prescription because the government considers them 'addicted to a controlled substance' despite it not being addictive.

So generally, our laws say that people only have their rights taken away based on due process, but there are some things that should be changed.
>>
File: 1444782851697.jpg (41 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1444782851697.jpg
41 KB, 480x720
>>77404964

literally how. It's un-enforceable. Millions of people buy and sell drugs everyday even though it's illegal. The black market has been around since the first time a nation banned something.

You don't know how many guns there are, where they're at, or who has them, so how in the hell do you plan on screening every single gun sale?
>>
>>77404964

Im all for criminal/mental health/watch list/no fly list restrictions.

Gays btfo
Trannys btfo
Nigs noggedtfo
Half asian gentleman btfo
>>
>>77412752
>But yeah. Ruger Mini-14 ranch, non restricted. Sexier than AR-15 and just as capable
No
Just
No
Mini14 is a mechanically inferior design in these terms.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=synlZgnTnXg

Only in the context of a range toy would this statement be applicable but regarding any kind of feild use the AR 15 is significantly superior in design
>>
>>77413823
Yeah in Canada it's like, anything "under 22mm" or something like that, is regulated as "small arms'.
>>
>>77413713
>When's the last time you ever heard of somebody murdering somebody with a .50 though? lol. You can't fucking shoulder fire that kind of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXEK7rcqO-Y

This guy can shoulder that kind of power. I don't think it should be banned though.
>>
>>77414361
Yeah well, what kind of fag drops their rifle in the sand.

And in that case the AK system is superior to all. Since you can pretty much dunk it in a septic tank and still go all jihad with it after.
>>
>>77406791

He went through a criminal back ground check when he purchased his gun from an FFL. But because he had a clean criminal record and no recorded history of mental illness, he flew under the radar.

There isn't a single law that would have stopped him short of disregarding due process and stripping his rights without any evidence of wrongdoing.
>>
>>77414338
>watch list/no fly list restrictions.
No
Seriously fuck these
Regarding felonies and being adjudicated mentally ill you go through due process.

With these they are entirely detached from due process and any amount of accountability and recourse.

US Congressmen have been put on such list

Video related

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NHXN751Io
>>
What would you guys even do if they revoked your 2nd amendment and the police started taking your guns? You wouldn't fight back, that's for sure. So what?
>>
>>77404964
at least your not a leaf posting a john oliver quote on the subject mater of gun control thats inaccurate. maybe there is hope for canada. like those fires could burn away the ghey
>>
File: 1452047854048.jpg (95 KB, 850x640) Image search: [Google]
1452047854048.jpg
95 KB, 850x640
>>77408110
It's almost like they're casting about, trying to score themselves an Australia level ban, but we burgers have just become too humdrum about it
>columbine - high school
>Virginia tech - college
>aurora theater - everyday public
>sandy hook - think of the children!
>San burnadino - le terrorists will shoot up your office
>Orlando - gays

What's left to shoot?
>>
>>77414219
What I don't understand either is how the liberals come to the conclusion that banning assault rifles will stop such massacres? We've seen it happen in Europe several times and each time the gun was imported from the ME because border control was too lax. Your country is next to Mexico, a literal shithole full of hardened criminals who would fill up the niche pretty quickly and sell aks on the black market to everyone who is interested. It's not like you can control your borders like Australia, Japan and Britain.
>>
File: vityaz.jpg (55 KB, 1604x690) Image search: [Google]
vityaz.jpg
55 KB, 1604x690
I am fighting to stop this push for gun control but if they end up banning semi auto's it might not be that bad of a thing...

There will be a fuck huge black market open up and we can get guns we wouldn't have had access to before. I mean look at drugs... there is no problem getting anything you want. I want a Vityaz 9mm and i currently can not get one. Once they go full nazi and ban everything the flood doors will open to illegal arms trade. I would pay $3,000 for a authentic vityaz 9mm full auto.

If they are going to turn millions of law abiding Americans into criminals overnight why stop at semi auto with a 16" barrel amiright?
>>
>>77414477
>Yeah well, what kind of fag drops their rifle in the sand
Combat happens moron

> And in that case the AK system is superior to all. Since you can pretty much dunk it in a septic tank and still go all jihad with it after.
No
The AK fails just as fast as the mini14
After the first shot. If you actually watched the video.
The AK is easier to clean out and get back up and running when it fails compared to the AR but the AR is significantly less likely to fail in the first place.
Which is what you want in a combat rifle.
The AK being easier to maintain makes it a superior survivalist rifle but the AR is an entirely superior combat rifle
>>
>>77414659
Problem is the AR-15 isn't even an "assault rifle".

What classifies an "Assault rifle"?

It's select fire.

AR-15 does not have select fire. The only advantage automatic fire gives anyway is the ability to lay down suppressing fire.

But if you are a terrorist shooting at a bar full of unarmed civilians, you don't even need suppressing fire.
>>
>>77414886
>Combat happens
And rifle dropping fags die before they can pick it back up.

I'm just kidding though. Have my man babies.
>>
>>77414559
>There isn't a single law that would have stopped him short of disregarding due process and stripping his rights without any evidence of wrongdoing.
Or completely banning all non government firearm ownership

Both of which are not "reasonable common sense measures"
>>
>>77414737
The hard part will be actually going out an enjoying them.
Anyone who doesn't live in or near bumfuck nowhere will have no ability to shoot.
>>
File: ar15pron.jpg (365 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
ar15pron.jpg
365 KB, 650x975
Libruls want to ban THIS

Nuff said.
>>
>>77415071
>And rifle dropping fags die before they can pick it back up.
Fun fact
Us troops in WWII and Nam were trained to fall a specific way in order to protect their rifles because of the inherent limitations of the rifle design regarding sand and mud
>>
>>77404964
because you're just a fucking leaf
>>
>>77415445
Woz different times. Different combat dynamics too. Since they were still using battle rifles back then.
>>
>>77415298

I live in bumfuck nowhere so it wont be a problem.
>>
>>77409885
2bh, felons should no longer be considered citizens, and thus should no longer have any rights apply to them. The contract is that in exchange for following a set of restrictions laid out by the ruling party, you get certain guarantees as to what people can or cannot do to you in the sense that the ruling party promises to do its utmost to fulfill this duty.

Thus, if you break the contract, why should the ruling party keep their end of the bargain? They're not the ones who violated the agreement either.
>>
>>77415607
>Since they were still using battle rifles back then.
There are. Battle rifles with superior designs that didn't have the limitations the M1/M14/mini14 have

It isn't about combat dynamics it is about better technology and weapon engineering.
Video related

https://www.full30.com/video/9eef6b3a4eb6c8846a4c8dc4b8968bc4
>>
Off-topic, but I wish congress made it easier for average joes to purchase (modern) full-autos and NFA firearm parts. Like just pay a small fee and have the ATF do an extensive background check on you before they approve you. Personally I wish it'd go back to the way it originally was where anyone could buy a full-auto, but nowadays we gotta compromise.
>>
>>77415678
>2bh, felons should no longer be considered citizens, and thus should no longer have any rights apply to them
Nah
Fuck this
When felons are in prison they serve their time
When they serve their time and are released they should have all of their rights restored.
If a person does a crime so horrendous they should not be let back into society.

The current way we treat felons only creates second class citizens.
>>
File: hhnnngg.jpg (35 KB, 706x706) Image search: [Google]
hhnnngg.jpg
35 KB, 706x706
>>77405309
Why does this seem like a reality already?
>>
>>77416135
Most of the crimes committed by felons should end up with the perp hanged in the first place.
>>
File: cops.png (40 KB, 750x700) Image search: [Google]
cops.png
40 KB, 750x700
>>77409875
this
>>
>>77415980
>but nowadays we gotta compromise.
Gunncontrol has never been a compromise.

If I go up to you as you sit in front of a big cake that is yours and ask if I an take all of it and you say no and i respond with "well let's comprimise I'll only take half" that isn't a compromise.

Compromise by definition means both sides giving up something they want to get some things they want

Gun control has alqays been small chips at what the progun side wants but not getting everything at once for the antigun side
>>
File: image.jpg (840 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
840 KB, 1200x1600
>>77413713
I just went through the process and I despise Canada's firearm system. The course is tedious and the wait for paperwork takes months and months. Once you finally get your gun (the ones that aren't prohibited) you have to keep it stored unloaded and seperate from the ammo in a locked case. God forbid you ever need to access it in some sort of home defense situation... oh wait, weapons for the goal of self defense are illegal in Canada! Silly me, forgetting. The government now has a record of you and can search your home at any time for any reason with no warning. You will also NEVER be granted a carry license. Fuck Canada, I'm going through the process of immigrating to the States.
>>
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 764x1024
I would be ok with this as long as any information collected in regards to the checks are purged from any system after the transaction. It would make sense to do checks. But if they save the data then they might as well put you on a 'gun list'
>>
File: founding strawman.jpg (55 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
founding strawman.jpg
55 KB, 960x539
>>77404964
>>
File: 1463170178010.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
1463170178010.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>77405309
>>
>>77414608
speak for yourself, Achmed.
>>
>>77416579
Also Muskets were like .77 cal. pre-geneva convention (which outlawed expanding rounds)

They would fuck your shit up big time.

5.56 leaves a much smaller wound, and they are FMJ which causes a lot less collateral tissue damage.

I'd rather be shot with a 5.56 than with a fucking musket. I'd be infinitely more likely to survive.
I mean with the Orlando shooting you had one survivor that was interviewed that took 4 rounds and still survived.
>>
>>77404964
We already have criminal/mental background checks.
>>
>>77406791
because minority report is fiction.
>>
>>77404964
>mental background checks for guns?
because there was a time when every person in the club 'pulse' would have been considered clinically mentally ill.
>>
>>77405605
Good news, in America Assault weapons are illegal. You can only buy personal defense weapons.
>>
>>77416572
They will never do it. Remember when the TSA said that none of their X-rays were saved and it turned out that tens of thousands were and they got leaked? Canada had a long gun registry that turned turned out to be a failure so they scrapped it. They said all the information was deleted. Then some people were evacuated due to flooding and the RCMP targeted the houses of rifle owners with information they shouldn't legally have had and took their guns so that "looters wouldn't find them." Citizens had to petition the government to have their property returned. You can't trust the government not to use information you give them.
>>
>>77404964
Another 1 post by this id thread?
>>
>>77414737
>Once they go full nazi and ban everything the flood doors will open to illegal arms trade

The only thing you'd be able to get would be recirculating semi autos, or maybe a bunch of full auto ARs once all those failed machine shops with tooling stop caring.

You getting some full auto soviet shit would be highly unlikely because importing it would be just as risky as it is now.
>>
>>77417214
Actually it's because the RCMP keeps an active database on people with gun licenses.

So they know where you live if you have a gun license.
>>
>>77404964
This would render mental health information public records. I don't think you really want that /pol/fag.
>>
>>77414907
>The only advantage automatic fire gives anyway is the ability to lay down suppressing fire.

not explicitly true...

Full auto has 2 notable other uses.

1) breaking out of an ambush killzone.
This is basically laying down supression, though.

2) CQB.
Full auto with SBRs in CQB is more effective than semi and burst, which is why the m4a1 has it.

The use for semi and burst is basically

>long range shooting
>coordinated fire from a rifle squad that's full of half-trained idiots and is supported by a machine gun and grenadier
>>
>>77417422
There is some debate whether or not they used old data that should have been destroyed. Regardless, what they did was illegal and they wouldn't have been able to if there wasn't a federal registry. Don't let them register you, Americans.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.