[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuclear War Thread 2.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: 17659030.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1620) Image search: [Google]
17659030.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1620
Last thread died and people seemed interested in continuing discussion of what to do in a nuclear attack.

This is the FEMA certified Emergency Manager, Timo, from the last thread. I have credentials from FEMA for Shelter Management, Nuclear/Fallout Survival and Mitigation, and Radiological Disasters amongst many others.

I'm no longer affiliated with the Government and my certs are outdated, but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

Are you prepared to shelter in place for two weeks? That's the maximum time it takes for gamma radiation to fall to safe levels to go out of doors for more than 15-20 minutes.

So, let's talk about what to do during the ultimate "happening."
>>
No one?
>>
ok i'll bite. i live in houston. what would the main targets be?
>>
>>77306003

Soviet and Russian doctrine is to take out Government installations (including state capitals), power stations, military installations in a primary wave, following up with destruction of major industrial installations (manufacturing and foundries) along with major financial centers.

As for Houston itself, I don't know what exactly (NASA would be a likely target). My training was for Michigan.
>>
>>77306384
doddamned yooper
>>
>>77304969
I seem to live in that orgy of triangles.
What can I do to protect myself and my family? Something tells me an AR-15 can't help me here.
Should I buy those iodine tablet things?
>>
>>77306536

Ja, former Yooper. Live close enough to an industrial target in the LP that I would be in the 5 psi over-pressure ring (completely leveling a brick house) of a 400 kT or greater warhead going off over the steel mill.
>>
>>77306765
Round Lake Beach?
>>
>>77307201
Close. Fox Lake.
>>
>>77304969
That map us from the 80s and is retarded.

This same map has been bait on 4chan for atleast 6 years now.

Yea let's destroy all the big non military ports..............
>>
>>77306765

Iodine is not a bad "prepper" item to have.

Try to have 2 weeks of food, about 2500 calories per person per day and a gallon of water per person per day.

Should it look like war is coming, building a shelter in the center of your basement out of tables and shielding it with books on top and whatever you can around it to shield you from the radiation is a quick and "better than nothing" shelter. You can make a "doorway" with two 90 degree bends to allow egress to a toilet. Do not leave the shelter for more than a few minutes a day, listening for the all clear via a crank or battery radio. Two weeks is likely if nukes are near you.
>>
>>77304969
I live in San Bernardino County CA. Any safeish place to go?
>>
>>77304969
>,fw I thought detroit was safe because it was over run by blacks
>It gets 10 nukes.
Fuck
>>
>>77307361

I don't have a current map and the one I trained on was "confidential." Never claimed this one to be updated, but I should have stated that also.
>>
>>77304969
Are you the faggot that keeps making these posts pretending to be me?

I posted on /sci/ and /pol/ before proving my certifications and some people are copy catting me.
>>
>>77304969
I am, but would rather not.
>>
People who go to burning man are going to have all of this stuff in their house, prepped and ready to go all the time anyway.

I live in AZ, my house does not have a basement (nobody does around here, since it would require blasting through rock). What should I do to avoid fallout in the days immediately following a nuclear attack?

I already have a generator, water, and food for everybody that lives here for at least 2 weeks (this is our leftover canned/bottled stuff for burning man).
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x454
>>77304969

>tfw DC

Fuck, why do all the good jobs have to be in or near major cities? I work in the tech sector and it's hard to live innawoods in my field.

I would have to work a shit tier low paying job if I didn't want to live in a giant nuclear bullseye.

No amount of food or ammo stockpiling is going to save me from a 300 kt airburst going off less than a mile away.
>>
>>77307573
I have never posted a thread like this before. I am just me. You FEMA too?

>>77307537
Detroit can be tooled to produce war materiel, still. Steel mills, Rouge Plant, transport hub from and to Canada.

>>77307490
Not sure of physically safe places in SB. If you have a basement, the best bet is to shelter there. Traffic would be nuts if a warning were issued and you'd just die in your car.
>>
>>77307537

>gets 10 nukes

Would probably make it look better desu
>>
>>77304969
Being about 30 minutes away from the Center of Birmingham, AL, would the radiation be a bigger threat than the blast itself? and for how long before open air would be "Safe"?
>>
>>77307946
Yeah I have a strong inclination you are not actually FEMA trained or DHS trained.

What were your cert titles?
>>
>>77306384
Unless you were trained in the 80s or earlier you are lying.

First strike is missle defence and ready icbms. Second strike will be conventional forces. After this strike is done there will likely be a lull. Especially by russia. Why would they want to destroy ny, la, or houston? They are major ports connected to all the freways and are comunation hubs.

The map is retarded. It is not what would happen at this point.
>>
>>77307946
Would mountains be safe? Would deserts be safe?
>>
>>77308175
Yeah this guy is lying. If he doesn't tell me his cert titles then I know he is lying.
>>
>>77304969

What is the possibility of enemy nukes being programmed to launch days/weeks/months after a massive exchange to kill survivors once they have left their fallout shelters?
>>
>>77308437
Guy with actual certs here. Zero.

The point is not to kill everyone on Earth. What would anyone gain from that?
>>
>>77308265

I'd think living in the mountains would be good as long as you are far from any strategic targets. They provide some shielding from blast/heat and probably fallout.
>>
File: 1400806759026.png (437 KB, 1944x1611) Image search: [Google]
1400806759026.png
437 KB, 1944x1611
>>77304969
Here in Italy we have several targets for Russian nuclear warheads, mostly US military bases and Italian navy bases.
It's safe to assume that even if 10 warheads were detonated our country will simply cease to exist.
Here, another cool map if you're interested.
>>
>>77307730

If war seemed likely, you could dig a dirt shelter. Dig a hole, put boards on top of them and cover it with the hole dirt (at least 2 feet).

There's instructions online how to do this. It's not the best but if you have no alternative, it's better than nothing.

>>77308107

Radiological/Nuclear Awareness Trainer, Infrastructure Security and Resilience, Emergency Manager Accreditation, Hazardous Mitigation, and many others.

>>77308175

I was trained 1999-2003.
>>
>>77308571

Not for every city, I mean. Just a few special cities like NY, DC, LA?

Would seem like a pretty good way of further fucking with the minds of your adversary to have him know a second strike could come anytime after the first.
>>
Is Redding in Northern California at risk? I can't think of anything up here worth nuking aside from being a small city.
>>
WTF is in Montana and North Dakota that the Russians want to nuke back to the stone age so badly?
>>
>>77308899
Modern weapons would kill everyone in a city. Virtually zero chance of survival given the power of the newer weapons.

I live in NYC and I have run through many scenarios. A small device wouldn't kill everyone but a ICBM would kill everyone many times over.

The use of these weapons are beyond human comprehension, if they were ever used, there would be no need for a second strike.
>>
>>77309057
Your strategic nuclear silos.
Which is why they're excluded in the second strike scenario since they all left the base.
>>
>>77309129

How many individual warheads would be sent to a city like NYC?
>>
>>77304969

How will Atlanta fair? Also are warnings suppose to be issued?
>>
>>77304969
I live in Northern Colorado near the bottom black dot north of Denver and if nukes started flying should I bug out to the mountains or head southeast? I live 10 miles from Rocky Mountain National Park. I also have multiple hunting spots in the mountains. I also have a lot of survival gear into backpacks including a 10/22 with 100 rounds in each bag, bullet reloading gear in my vehicle, 3 compound bows for family, and water filters. I also have 3 days of canned goods in each backpack. Would I have advance Warning?
>>
How about a storm (Tornado) shelter? Safe?
>>
>>77307328
I'm in Lombard
>>
>>77304969
>north dakota
>montana
>wyoming
y tho
>>
>>77309574
More people need to get the flag extender script.
>>
>>77309408
This is speculation of course, because no one really knows. We also have some interception devices over major populations.

The point is one weapon would wipe out all six boroughs and some of New Jersey.

The weapons are hundreds or thousands of times stronger than Hiroshima.

The only way to survive in NYC would be to hide in subway at maximum distance (close to long Island) assuming one weapon hit at central park.

Even my home in New Jersey would be knocked off its foundation.
>>
>>77309148
The absolute first thing is the other side's icbms after the defense.

Major cities are best to capture. If you can kill the adversaries icbm retaliations then his normsl troops then you can just sail into their cities.

Most people in this thread are subscribing to very old ideas.
>>
>>77304969
Wait I live in hartselle Alabama..would I die?
>>
Phoenix, Arizona here. How screwed am I?
>>
I live about 20 miles out of Boston, MA. Would I just be dead anyway from the strike since I'm so close, or could I survive? And is it taping your windows what you're supposed to do to stop radiation leakage in from the windows?
>>
>>77309971
Agreed, I am only saving flags from countries, when I run out of countries I will use the DLC and save extended flags
>>
>>77308437

That's not what they want to do. If our ability to wage war is over, that's all they want.

>>77308265

Depends on where the fallout is carried. If you're downwind from a target, you're still going to have to deal with fallout and will need shelter.

>>77308947

You're concern would likely be fallout.

>>77309428

EAS would likely be activated. As for how well Atlanta would do, I couldn't say. It really would depend on what the enemy's goal was in an attack.

>>77309574

You would still need a fallout shelter. You don't want to be in the open when the fallout gets there.

>>77309715
If it's underground, it's better than nothing, but you'll need extra shielding in front of the door as it would not block gamma radiation.

>>77310381
The map is not correct, I just used it because it was the one I had on file.

Targets would likely be military and government in nature in a first strike.
>>
I'm a certified lifeguard.

My advice is to buy a rifle, canned food, and fill your tub with water.
>>
Okay I live in new zealand. Is there anything even worth targeting in a nuclear war?
>>
File: bamer.jpg (270 KB, 834x679) Image search: [Google]
bamer.jpg
270 KB, 834x679
I live in Huntsville, i already know im fucked. Would an underground tornado shelter help me?
>>
>>77310534

How long would it take for EAS to be activated from the time the missiles start flying?
>>
>>77310103
True.
Standard Soviet doctrine called for nuclear destruction of Verona and Vicenza in 1979. Now I'm quite sure they wouldn't bother with cities as long as they don't have nearby bases , silos or other military targets.
Man, the 80s were crazy times.
Basically every city in Europe, America and Russia was to be nuked.
>>
florida would be toasted 1000x over, guess I should move to the eastern edges of Kansas? shieett

What are the nerds at Raytheon doing? Make a fucking capable interceptor, the GMD seems nice in theory
>>
>>77304969

There are copper mines in the upper peninsula of Michigan. Are those safe?
>>
>>77310534
How long would it take for the fallout to reach the ground?
>>
>>77310486

Don't know. As the capital, it has a higher chance of being a target in a full scale nuclear war.

>>77310495

Depends on the yield of the nukes dropped, how many, and how many went off target. If you are 20 miles from ground zero, most likely you're going to live unless it's very large.

Gamma radiation will go through solid walls, taping won't do much except keep radioactive ash full of alpha and beta particles out.

>>77310598

I don't know about targets. Talking about IF an attack were to occur.

>>77310680

Better than nothing if it has at least 3 feet of soil over it, but the door would need extra shielding.
>>
>>77309936
AWAKEN, YELLOWSTONE
>>
>>77304969
I DON'T HAVE FOOD OR SUPPLIES FOR MORE THAN TWO DAYS
>>
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>77309936

those are the buried ICBM launch complexes that are still operational.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90th_Missile_Wing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/91st_Missile_Wing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/341st_Missile_Wing

The US also has ICBMs in Ohio-class submarines. The US also has nuclear warheads for shorter range munitions (ALCMs, Tomahawks, etc)

So, the US has lots of nukes, but the black dots on the map are the ones that can't be moved...
>>
>tfw I don't live particularly close to any of the blasts
I would get fucked by shock waves.
There's also a NASA base near here used for Navy Seal training. Not very good for us. Might be 15 miles away. No basement, no shelter
>>
>>77310689

I think the warning time before the first impacts was said to be 15 minutes but I cannot be certain.

>>77311109

A deep mine would be a great shelter as long as it has an adequate air supply not letting contamination in.

>>77311260

If you're downwind from a bomb, survive and see the mushroom cloud, it will likely be at you within 30 minutes to an hour depending on the winds. Try to shelter asap, but if you need to gather shelter supplies, do it as fast as you can.

If you're far from a detonation, listen to the radio for fallout warnings and watch the sky.
>>
Raleigh NC. What would happen?

I do know they nuked goldsboro but it didnt explode in the 60's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash
>>
>>77310099
>The weapons are hundreds or thousands of times stronger than Hiroshima

The weapons that are on active duty today usually have configurable yields, and, they tend to have much smaller yields than what the arms-race bombs of the 50s and 60s demonstrated.

A typical US warhead in a MIRV would be 400kt

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W87)

The WW2 bombs were around 15-20KT.

So, modern warheads that are likely to be detonated are about 20-25 times as bad as the bombs dropped on Japan.

Also, because they are fusion bombs, they may produce less radioactive fallout (but that's a configurable parameter of the warhead design..)
>>
Anyone here heard of Bethalto?
>>
Tacoma,Washington
Pretty sure I'm fucked, is there any visible signs of fallout?
>>
>>77311849

It would depend on the means of the enemy and what their endgame was on which targets would be hit. Military facilities and government centers would be the most likely first targets.

The fallout is what should concern you.

>>77312347

Fine, powdery ash to coarse ash would falling, depending on how far you were from the detonation.
>>
>>77312787
so i could hide in my basement and be fine?
>>
File: f80.jpg (12 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
f80.jpg
12 KB, 367x202
>mfw i live in El paso
>mfw I didnt think we were worthy of a nuke in a nuclear war
>mfw no only do we get a nuclear strike in a 2000 nuke war, but we also get a 500 nuke war

I don't get it, all we have is Fort Bliss. Its a major Army Base but is it enough to get a nuke.

>mfw we also have the White Sands missile range base

oh fuck
>>
>>77312787
What would happen in Tacoma Washington area?
>>
>tfw southwest Virginia

Feelsgood.jpg
>>
Wouldn't want to be in North Dakota.
>>
>>77312865

You need shielding, especially overhead. Gamma radiation can penetrate feet of concrete.

Place a table in the center of the room and stack several feet of books or dense, solid objects on top.
>>
>>77304969
>Central Montana
JUST
>>
>>77312899
The only thing I know about there is that Owen Wilson "owns a ranch out in El paso"
>>
>>77307490
909 brother
>>
>>77313058

There's a naval base nearby IIRC, and they rearm missile subs there so it would likely be hit.
>>
>>77304969
What happens if a nuclear power plant gets a direct hit? Concerned because I live in Illinois
>>
>>77313550

It wouldn't "amplify" the explosion or anything, and just be destroyed like anything else. It *might* make the fallout a little more fallout-y but it really wouldn't matter.

The chain reaction making the explosion happen can't feed off the reactor's core.
>>
>>77310495

I live about 20 mi from Boston too, as far as I understand all of eastern MA will be blanketed by overlapping blasts.

Everything from Rt 91 east is gone.

So much radiation and destruction, it's not worth living through.

If you somehow escape to west of Rt 91, survivalists. will rob you and kill you
>>
>>77311545
you're cucked
>>
>>77313550
EXPERT OPINION HERE PAY ATTENTION:
If the blast "engulfs" the plant, the radioactive material will be vaporized like the rest. If the shockwave destroys the plant but leaves the inner structure overall intact (like in Chernobyl, the cement roof was blasted off but the radioactive material kept coming out) then you'll have HUGE problems, the entire area (thousands of square miles) is likely to become a radioactive shithole for many years to come.
>>
>>77307361

No shit. Even in a 500 warhead scenario, there would be counterforce strikes against the ICBM fields in Wyoming and the Dakotas.
>>
>>77310680
Huntsville isn't that bad..
>>
>>77304969
Count I ask about a place like Ocala, FL which has a lot of people but basicaly nothing of military or strtegic value except perhaps a transit hub for major highway north and south called I-75. Why on Earth would it be a target for a nuke in a 500 nuke exchange? No real airport, no heavy manufacturing, no command infrastructure, no high tech anything. Ditto for other similar places that while on the maps don't seem to me to have much of a reason to be targeted. Using that as an example, can you say something to educate us?
>>
>>77304969
How does Alaska fare?
>>
File: Ohio Strike Map.jpg (224 KB, 979x1283) Image search: [Google]
Ohio Strike Map.jpg
224 KB, 979x1283
im more concerned about fallout patterns, judging by the usual jet stream it doesnt matter if you dont get hit east of the Mississippi, the winds will bring the radioactive material over you.

I live in SE Ohio, and though ive never 100% confirmed, the rumors in town were always that they were a target because of an ANG Avengers base nearby. though im not sure about that, i do know the power plant in Beverly and the one in Conesville were targets.

How far would the fallout from presumed targets in russia/china come across the ocean?
>>
>>77314721
How long will it spew radioactive stuff until it ceases? Generally curious because we have 11 (six operationsl) nuclear plants and over 12 waste containment facilities. How long till all of that stops seeping RADs into the environment?
>>
San Antonio here. I'm fucked due to the massive military infrastructure in the local area. But that leads to another question. Once TACAMO reverts control to ground, what's the policy on, say, emergency US capitols? You could probably run the US out of San Antonio but that assumes we're not taken out in the first strike.
>>
>>77315614
Chernobyl is still releasing tons of radioactive material in the air, and its been over 30 years since the disaster.
But that was a shitty commie structure, flawed in design even by Soviet standards. I believe American nuclear facilities will handle it better.
And a massive sarcophagus of cement and steel can always solve the situation.
It's physically impossible for particles, even gamma rays, to pass through several meters of hard material.
As long as a central government is still fuctioning, I think America can recover even from total nuclear war although it will take many decades.
>>
>>77314721

I believe even the Gen 1 Western containment chambers were designed to survive the overpressure of a "near miss" nuke. Not saying you're incorrect and I'm sure failure would still be likely, but I think there's safeties in place to try and stop it, like a gravity SCRAM.

>>77315247

Again, the map is outdated an inaccurate. I just used it because it fit with the theme of this thread. In (((CURRENT YEAR))), what is going to get nuked and why is up to the doctrine and means and goals of an enemy, so what they target is up to them.

This is more about the "It Happened!" scenario and what to do to survive after, should you have not become fallout yourself.

Military and government facilities, including state capitals are obvious targets. Places that make military weapons or parts of weapons are also likely targets.

Ocala is the home of a Lockheed Martin facility. Not a large one, but one that does develop and assemble a strategic asset: missiles, fire control systems and launchers.

>>77315266

Again, depends on the means and goals of the enemy. Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson is a likely target as it would be the first line of defense against Russian bombers from Kamchatka.
>>
>>77316050
>I believe even the Gen 1 Western containment chambers were designed to survive the overpressure of a "near miss" nuke. Not saying you're incorrect and I'm sure failure would still be likely, but I think there's safeties in place to try and stop it, like a gravity SCRAM.
America and France have the safest nuclear facilities in the world. I won't doubt your ability to fix problems before they blow out of proportions.
>>
>>77304969
KEK. There's no nuclear weapon more destructive than a population of low IQ niggers.
>>
>>77315608

As any nuclear exchange would happen over a period of hours to maybe a day, the fallout would all fall to safe(r) levels within the same time frame globally (with the exception of maybe a few limited local exchanges days after the initial war and limited to short ranges).

>>77315994
The Chain of Succession survivors of the government would probably retain Continuity of Government from an undisclosed location and if Mount Weather somehow survived, direct commands from there.

Once everything was "settled," they would probably try to set up government wherever was the least damaged infrastructure and communications-wise.

(Don't quote me on the latter CoC at that level was above my training/knowledge)
>>
>>77316696

Said the LBFM.
>>
>>77304969
let's consider the Greenbrier in WV that for decades was a secret command center if needed during the cold war but decommissioned (as far as we know) maybe 40 years ago. That was surely a target in a 100 - 200 missile attack, let's say over 50 years ago. But would it now be the safest place to be? Additionally, how fast do these things change? Is a map good for at least 20 years, on average, with 95% same info, or is it more like a map is good for 10 years with 95% still accurate, or even less? Is this a good or a poor way to think of it?
>>
Will you cunts over there be able to access any form of simple text based internet once the bombs hit??

Cause the shitposting would be legendary and we'd hate for you mutants to miss out.
>>
>>77316873

Don't you have an oil tanker to be driving, Max?
>>
>>77316873
I'm pretty sure most of the main DNS servers and backbone connections for the Internet are in America. The whole world would be without shitposts.
>>
>>77316873
I'm working on a manner of shitposting that uses smoke signals, but it's hard to get the image posts right.
>>
>>77316823

Mount Weather (or Site R) if the current publicly known Emergency Operations Center for the Federal. It would probably get hit with as many nukes as Offutt and Cheyenne.

I'm willing to bet there's a newer secret bunker for Congress (this knowledge would be well above information I was privy to) that has not been disclosed.

As for targets, I imagine the Russians modify them at least annually. If an auto plant is torn down in "City X" and that was the only place in "City X" that could produce weapons, it is no longer worth the expense of nuking. If K.I. Sawyer no longer is an Air Force base, no need to nuke it.

The maps probably change with socio-economic factors as fast as they happen.
>>
>>77317460
>no need to nuke it.
"Gotta nuke something."
>>
File: australian deathmatch.gif (2 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
australian deathmatch.gif
2 MB, 256x192
>>77317248
>white smoke signals only area
>cunts come over and burn rubber
>>
>>77317460
what percentage of incoming missiles would be intercepted and prevented from detonating at or hitting target. Is that different on a second strike than the first?
>>
>>77316873

Landline telephone switches are still networked in such a way to be hardened against nukes, making "minimal" communications still possible, even at a very limited capacity post-strike.

While broadband is dominate and used for everyday things, where I used to work, we would do a monthly check of our dial-up network and the redundant numbers for other dial up connections.

When phone jacks stopped being common in computers, we bought specialized USB-to-phone-modem adapters.
>>
>>77304969
Why would they aim for Kalamazoo...:(
>>
>>77306384
Hooray for living in Flint...

At least it'll be quick.
>>
File: image.png (255 KB, 510x297) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255 KB, 510x297
>>
>>77317823
is there much of a case that can be made that any first use would be one or two nukes, or only a few nukes, rather than how I understand it would likely be a launch of hundreds at more or less the same time incoming?
>>
>>77317991
Least your insides have lots of lead shielding
>>
>>77317460
I lived in sawyer, it deserves one regardless
>>
>>77318055
I can only pray for cool mutant powers.
>>
>>77304969
Northern Maine is starting to look reeeeal nice.
>>
File: screammonkey.jpg (102 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
screammonkey.jpg
102 KB, 500x371
>>77318034
"By Dawn's Early Light" deals with that situation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/By_Dawn%27s_Early_Light

>>77318254
>tfw you'll have to serve supermutant Michael Moore.

Some friends joked about hoping the rain just a few days after Fukushima exploded would give them powers and not cancer.
>>
>>77317823

That would be a military asset and I would not know of their abilities. I was trained to deal with "Nukes hit, keep as many alive as you can for as long as you can."

In our training, we were told to believe less than 10% of Russian/Chinese sent our way would not reach their target due to booster failures or MIRV/detonation failures.

First Strike/Second Strike would only be different in our options to retaliate should we lose bombers/missiles in First Strike.
>>
File: kumsc-bird-2002.jpg (217 KB, 1498x1231) Image search: [Google]
kumsc-bird-2002.jpg
217 KB, 1498x1231
pretty sure I know what that Albuquerque target is.
>>
File: durr.jpg (7 KB, 243x251) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
7 KB, 243x251
>>77310099
>6 boroughs

Your post must be well-researched and informed. gtfo faggot
>>
>>77318363
He doesn't actually live here. He only shows up whenever there's a chance to get in front of the camera.

He actually told people not to donate water or help so as to make it more "tragic" for better PR. I'm a Democrat, I dislike the governor and the Republican Party, but Christ do I ever hope that fat fuck gets killed.
>>
File: campnuke.jpg (67 KB, 509x529) Image search: [Google]
campnuke.jpg
67 KB, 509x529
Could probably rig up some radio stations of us just pissing ourselfs laughing while being mates.

You guy could listen :)
>>
Living 20 miles south of Tinker AFB with just a Tornado shelter. I'm totally fucked aren't I?
>>
>>77317976

The target is Battle Creek for W.K. Kellogg airport's Air National Guard base. It's capable of hosting B-52s.

There's also something right around that area I cannot disclose but is of important value to eliminate to an enemy.
>>
>>77318590
Oh I know. I've said he should just by the town and make it a sound set for when he's being a whiny bitch.
>>
>>77318477
Wtf is this place?
>>
>Ameriabros Mom is spreading extra wide for the war effort ever since her body was atomised and spread over the prevailing east-west air current.
>>
>>77318845
In 1992, the Kirtland Underground Munitions Storage Complex (KUMSC) was activated at Kirtland AFB. KUMSC is the largest storage facility for nuclear weapons in the world. The facility provides storage, shipping and maintenance for the United States Air Force and Navy. It is operated by the 898th Munitions Squadron (898 MUNS) and the 377th Security Forces Squadron (377 SFS). The facility is state of the art, with more than 300,000 square feet located entirely underground. Total capacity of warheads stored there is over 3,000, and includes the B-83 and B-61 gravity bombs, and W-80, W-88, and W-87 warheads for the Minuteman III and Peacekeeper ICBM's.
>>
>>77318705

Not exactly. 20 miles, believe it or not, is far enough from most common nuke yields to survive.

We based a lot of our protocols/training on the belief most nukes to fall near us would be 475 kT to 750 kT (common warheads for a Russian missile at the time) and they really only cause major damage in a radius of 3-4 miles. 10 miles from Ground Zero would feel no effects save for flash-blindness and fallout.

If it's a buried shelter, it's better than nothing. The door will need shielding against the fallout, but you could survive there.
>>
>>77304969
>certified Emergency Manager
>my certs are outdated

So.. you're NOT certified.

How did you get certified (when you were certified, that is)?
>>
>>77304969
why is Pittsburgh spelled wrong on that map? we are retarded here and added the h at the end. even after it was removed as a relic from the old English way of spelling, we put it back at the end a few years later.
>>
>>77319222
So line the walls of the shelter with lead? How else would you actually shield it?

I assume gas masks or an air filtration system for the shelter would be necessary to.
>>
phoenix arizona/ nevada here in phoenix arizona my bathroom is concrete really thick walls, in nevada i have a 2 story house and standard stucko walls, how screwed am i on both situations and i don't have that much food for now.

>>77319341
he said in the op he is not certified read the thread don't mongolize him
>>
>>77318745
The Fort Custer missile defense system?
>>
>>77317921

Ok what about this - what if, during the course of a day we normal people text post to a server. This will store the information until a set time.

Then, at that agreed time each night a simple pulse generator encodes these shitposts into morse code and the surviving ameribros huddle around their receivers in the dark and copy out the shitposts onto paper.

You could then keep the shitposts, and use them when you encounter new groups on your quest for survival.

You probably couldn't reply back, but I don't think anything would really be lost - if anything, your community only can gain from our fake news from outside the irradiated zone and general shitposting.
>>
.-.. --- .-.. / ..- .-. / .- / ..-. --. -
>>
>>77319341

My certs are outdated as in I don't use them anymore and have not taking refresher courses or anything of that nature since I no longer am in the field.

I got my certifications post-Schoolcraft Firefighter II. My department/township decided it needed an Emergency Manager since that position did not exist there at the time. I was chosen since I had already taken FEMA Incident Command, Mass Casualty Incident Command and Disaster Preparedness courses before I joined, on my own time (I wanted them so I could make Lieu quicker).

I took the courses and expanded on them even as I took a position on the State level. Most of my FEMA EM training was between 1999 and 2003.
>>
>>77319672
>he said
In one breath he was certified and in the next that he wasn't. I don't see anything wrong with trying to nail down the claims of an anonymous, self proclaimed expert, especially on *this* board.
>>
File: 1450818358473.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1450818358473.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>77304969
>Lafayette Indiana targeted
>i....iits....its just a s s sssmall town, guys, r...right?

mfw terrorists know all the smart midwesterns and moon men came from Purdue
>>
>>77319672
am i good or bad>>77320026
>>
>>77304969
I've already got it covered. I know what targets are near me, know that, even though one is almost certainly a ground burst target, it is down wind from me and I am out of range for blast, heat, radiation burst and, unless there is a storm system messing with wind direction, fallout.

I also know routes out of the area, and I would want to leave, that are not on any maps. I know secluded places not expected to get any fallout that have water that you've never heard of. I also know how to produce and preserve food. Funny thing is, most of that has to do with me liking to hunt, fish, four wheel and garden, not because I am preparing for a nuclear war. I'm not really that worried about it happening.

But it is fun to think about, even though it would be horrifying to go through. I know, for example, that one of the first places that I'd hit on my way out would be a pharmacy or two, while everybody else was still trying to figure out what to do. Antibiotics, pain killers, other meds that may have trading value.

>>77306384

If you want to read up on what the Soviet strategy was during the cold war, here you go:

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb285/

You'll find that the Soviets were more flexible on their strategy than that. What you are talking about is their full launch strategy. They had more than that. Either way, I doubt it would take more than a few nukes to wipe out our power grid either for good, or for months/years.
>>
>>77304969
>an actual useful thread
Holy fuck, thank you OP.
>>
>>77319571

If it's buried, put a mound of dirt on the top, 2-3 feet high for better shielding. For the door, stack books or another dense material as thick as you can.

Since fallout falls, an inverted U-shaped air intake with a baffle around the opening is good enough for air quality, so long as it is at a height it doesn't risk "inhaling" fallout on the ground.

>>77319753

No. I don't think that missile defense system has been there since the 1970s, btw.

>>77319758

My Morse is shitty and I am probably one of the last Americans who can read Morse (12 WPM).

>>77319947
-. --- ..- .- .-. .
>>
File: cluster.png (616 KB, 460x342) Image search: [Google]
cluster.png
616 KB, 460x342
What exactly is this cluster I live south of?
>>
>>77304969
Hey op i live in edinburg, tx and as i'm surrounded by nothing why is my area in a triangle orgy?
>>
I assume the target in Snohomish County Washington is Boeing
There's not really anything else here.
>>
>>77310680
I live in Philadelphia. I suspect we have already been nuked.
>>
>>77319571

Personally, if I had a bare room shelter (and this may be very cowboy) I'd buy as much Copperised Lead Sheets as possible and hammer them into place using a vertical compactor. Go crazy and make it 3 ft thick of leady goodness. 5 ft, who gives a shit? make sure to reinforce it with 10 x 10 compression squares though. Big ass 3 x 12 bolt thru the middle to squeeze the shit out of it.

Standard carbon chem filters can be provided by agricultural companies, and with an ample supply of food and water I think I could possibly sit the blast out and stay comfy for several months afterwards.

The new 'house batteries' are really attractive, and even rigged up to an exercise bike can charge in sequence and will keep your wife not fat.

LEDs are fantastic, I have grown 3 ft high mango tree that produced fruit using the Supernova ES.
>>
>>77320057

Would "formerly certified/don't update my certs" have been better wording?

>>77320305

Stucko won't shield shit. Concrete is good, but your ceiling isn't concrete. Ceiling needs to be shielded.

For two weeks, water is more important. If you draw from a deep well, you should be safe to drink that (provided your pumps work). With minimal movement in the shelter, you can survive on 800 calories a day easily but you will be weak as fuck when you can leave.

>>77320521

Good stuff. Nice to see a proper knowledge-base.

>>77320628

You're welcome. I'm glad you're finding this helpful.
>>
File: InShot_20160615_002003.jpg (889 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
InShot_20160615_002003.jpg
889 KB, 1920x1920
>tfw live in middle of Dakota super cluster

Hopefully its quick,
ready to check out of this circus
>>
>>77320652

As this map is outdated, I'm going to assume t was Military and Continuity of Government facilities.

>>77320671

McAllen-Miller International Airport is large enough to host B-52s.

>>77320809

Anything Boeing would be a target for a full scale war against the US.
>>
>>77320641
Ah fuck you, now I'm going to spend all night trying to figure it out.
>>
>>77321266
So do we actually win a nuclear war?
Does that change based on whether we are the aggressors or defenders?
>>
File: 1459488011943.png (80 KB, 923x728) Image search: [Google]
1459488011943.png
80 KB, 923x728
How would Canada fare in these scenarios?
>>
:'( there's a Boeing plant in my home town that does repair on nuclear guidance systems. I'm fucked aren't I?
>>
>>77321266
It helps that my pops was in the MIC during the coldwar. I've had my hand on the nosecone of an LGM-118.
>>
>>77321072
This definitely isn't a bad idea, the shelter is buried (under concrete), so this along with the way to power the well pump, lots of spam and canned vegetables, and an ample bourbon supply would set me up good for months if need be.

Exact specifications as is for people who want to know:

10 x 10 room 4in thick concrete walls and roof, unshielded door, and ventilation leading outside raised enough to prevent flooding.
>>
>>77321580

It's something innocuous enough to everyday life that you wouldn't think of its value to an enemy, but it's not something I should point out as being there.

>>77321589

It's up to the President and the military. Watch "By Dawn's Early Light" on YouTube to get an idea of how we might respond to a nuclear attack. No response to a single nuke, limited response, "Eye for an Eye" response, total commitment... it depends to the situation.

Again, this was not my scope of practice.
>>
>>77321681
>Before the bomb dropped
>There were many beavers here.
>This was a land
>Called Kan-a-dah
>>
>>77321589
A full scale exchange? We lose, unless our opponent is North Korea. Our opponent loses too. Even a limited exchange is going to fuck all sorts of shit up. There is a lot of ground effect shit that goes on near a nuke, and that would fry all sorts of shit with our power grid.
>>
>>77321962
>It's something innocuous enough to everyday life that you wouldn't think of its value to an enemy, but it's not something I should point out as being there.
I'm already going through the list of industrial suppliers. It'll hit me after this thread dies, but you'll be gone.
>>
>>77321975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKr-D5VDBU

Ka-Na-Da
>>
>>77322086
>>77321962
Unless you're talking about Kellogg's? Food supply is pretty critical, but I would think transportation would be a bigger killer to our food supply.
>>
>>77321944
Even when pouring the concrete base for this, you could easily drop in sheet after sheet of lead into the walls and hold them up with shoring until dry. Lead lined walls with rebar strengthening :)
>>
>>77321589
You can only win a nuclear war if you can neutralize your enemies retaliation ability or if your enemy has no retaliation ability to begin with.
>>
>>77304969
Seems this thread was prophetic. It's starting now, lads. Godspeed

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/a/massive-explosion-heard-los-angeles-communications-offline-possible-nuclear-attack/index.html?adkey=bn
>>
File: 206.jpg (58 KB, 300x229) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
58 KB, 300x229
>>77306003
I can only think of a few possible targets of interest:

>The Medical Center
>Houston ship channel
>Energy Corridor
>Ellington Field Joint Reserve Base (home to the Texas Air National Guard 147th Reconnaissance Wing)
>Hobby and Bush airports
>Houston Army National Guard Armory
>also 4th largest city in the US
>>
>>77322259
Fun fact: Sheetrock for X-Ray rooms has a 1/16" thick sheet of lead glued to the back. You really won't need much more than that. The concrete will already stop a fair amount, unless you are close enough to ground zero to have other problems.
>>
>>77322259
That is how the shelter is currently as built by the previous owners, All I would need to do is add lead to the walls and door and find a way to power the well to provide potable water to the shelter.
>>
>>77321962
i literally just finished "By Dawn's Early Light" on YouTube. Kinda old but thrilling scenario. Question: how likely is it that the comand structure fractures into opposing elements with different agenda? That basically is what happened in the movie.
>>
>>77321681

You'd lose airbases that could host B-2s, B-1Bs and B-52s almost certainly. Any place with a North Warning System radar would most likely be gone.

>>77321701

Depends on the war and logic of the enemy.

>>77321770

> I've had my hand on the nosecone of an LGM-118.

Jelly. My oldest cousin helped design the Peacekeeper at Martin Marietta. He was an engineer in the Guidance Package that the LGM-30G now uses.
>>
>>77322422
KEK, I have an underground bunker with nuclear weapons, a national lab and a branch of the Air Force Research Lab near me. If nuclear war comes, I'm sure to see some fucking mushroom clouds.
>>
>>77322422
>Hokitika, New Zealand.

>They have a giant merino sheep.
>>
>>77322511
No shit. My dad did a lot of the testing on the survivability of the electronics in one of them.
>>
>>77322455
That sounds ideal. I should probably look at the science rather then try and make everything 5 ft thick
>>
>>77304969
Have stores of canned food, cooking oil, rice, beans, a Victory garden (google it), some iodine tablets just in case, some guns and ammo, a fuckton of water too.
>>
>>77322806
No one ever regretted having more protection between themselves and radiation than science said was necessary.
>>
>>77322806
I should also point out that with radioactivity, the more radioactive it is, the less time it hangs around.
>>
>>77322926
first aid as well.
>>
>tfw living in Fort Worth

How would Mexico be affected by this, I assume border towns would be fucked, how far into Mexico should I try to run if The WarTM shows signs of coming?
>>
Kennesaw Georgia here. Around 45 minutes from Atlanta. I have a second house in Blue Ridge Mountains of Georgia but only go there some weekends. Am I ducked if we get nuked?
>>
I live in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Am I safe and what are safe places for me to go to
>>
>>77322968
If it is bad enough that the US has no real safely habitable places, get to the southern hemisphere. There is not as much atmospheric mixing between the northern and southern hemispheres as you might think.
>>
>>77309129
hi retard. it's not "power", as power is tend to be things of peace, and love, and ayahuasca. actually it is the degeneracy of these weapons. thank
>>
>this meme map will never stop getting posted
>>77306003
You are a low priority.
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/?t=1bcac8b56072b4d24dbc494bd95686a4
>>
>>77323072
I would be concerned about naval bases getting hit.
>>
>>77323032
the problem will be once it begins it will be impossible to get there. So if not there already it's like it doesn't exist for you. You will not be getting a 4 - 5 hr warning to get your shit together and go. It would cause mass panic. So everybody left to perish in place.
>>
>>77323072
say your prayer. Guarantee you it's a high priority target.
>>
>>77322086

It's something less important than Kellogg's or an industrial supply. It's just something we need and there are few of them. The fact you can't imagine what it is is why it's important. We would not be chatting without it.

>>77322504

I find the chances of a failure of command structure (Continuity of Government) in that movie to be unlikely but possible. Our government is human and not infallible.

How well CoG would exist in a nuclear environment has never been proven, so it could happen, but unlikely.
>>
>>77323196
No ones going to waste a nuke on Hawaii
>>
>>77323116
Well, being that I live in Fort Worth and I speak Spanish, moving to Mexico would be ideal, should I really go all the way to Patagonia to be safe?

>>77323173
According to this one, my city is fucked, but Mexico should be safe.
>>
How would Toronto fare? How about Windsor?
>>
>>77323421
Most important US naval base in Pacific.
You're toast
>>
>>77323464
That map doesn't include Mexico. The scenario is something like a 500 warhead strike on the USA.
>>
Russia doesn't have the capability to deliver anywhere near 2000 warheads in a volley without being #annihilated
>>
I keep thinking one of the tricks would be to maintain positive pressure in your bunker. Just enough to push any nasties from the outside world away.

Even though a 20,000l tank of pressurized air on a slow bleed will help for the first week, after that it's the 6ft x 12 ft bluegreens you trenched into your external walls threaded with leds that will provide the vital fresh air we need :)
>>
>>77304969
Alright. I live in the middle of nowhere in Lincoln, Nebraska. Where would they hit?
>>
>>77323421
Except for a naval base that subs might need to dock at sometimes. Pretty sure that the Japs also thought Pearl Harbor was important.
>>
>>77322801

If he knew an engineer from Michigan with a Finnish last name, he probably knew my cousin.

>>77322926

Do you have a place well shielded against fallout to store that? If not, it becomes a hazard, especially contaminated metals.

>>77323032

Again, it will be the will of the enemy and their desires and means. Fallout is your concern.

>>77323072
Pearl is a forward base for subs and their nukes and our advanced forces. It is a very high priority target for any war involving the Pacific.
>>
>>77318550
Sorry made a typo, I was on my phone.

At least I am telling the truth unlike this dumb faggot OP.
>>
>>77323464
Only if it is bad enough that the US is, for the most part, uninhabitable. If there are safe places to live where you can grow crops, drink the water, etc... without leaving, then no, you won't need to cross into the southern hemisphere. But if we got hit so fucking hard that you were going to develop cancer within a couple of years and any children you had were going to have five testicles and one eye, then yeah, southern hemisphere, because we just got monkeyfucked, and there will be fallout that takes a while to come down, and it will be all over the place.
>>
>>77323629
I'm aware, what I meant is that there doesn't seem to be many nukes in the border, so unless Mexico also got nuked to hell I'm sure I'd be safe there, at least in the border. Hell I could probably make some buck off stupid gringos at the border.
>>
>>77312093
There are twelve of those warheads in each missile.

More likely is a "small" device being used or a dirty bomb.
>>
>>77322422
>ship channel

Ask your retarded self why the enemy eould want to destroy one of the most important ways of their invasion to destroy the rest of that.

The best doctors per xapita in the world
A huge runway that houses no planes
The largest refinery production in the world but unable to produce due to broken pipelines and no embargoed sea traffic

Houston is a prime target. But not one you want to destroy.

Most of you queers are thinking in terms of 1960s nuclear war. The nuclear war scenarios have focused on tit for tat at 10x speed since the late 70s.

At this point there is little to no danger to anyone outside of the blast zones of 72 hr forces.

If the russians do the unthinkable they mean to invade. And they will need pkaces to do that. And houston/galveston is too good a place to blow up unless necessary.
>>
>>77323940
I think we may stop immigrants into the Southern Hemisphere after these events for security reasons.
>>
What are those huge clusters in the mountains? Bunkers or norad or something?
>>
>>77323851
Question: would the electric grid go down meaning almost nobody would have power without their own generater and fuel, or their own solar? or would many places have power for people not bombed and hundreds of miles away from the targets?
>>
I live near wood river Illinois, it and it's neighboring city Roxanna are home too three large oil refineries which according to locals, was number three on the German list of bombing targets in the US in WW2.

I'm guessing I'm pretty Fucked right?
>>
>>77308175
The third wave is always on large population centers. You think the Soviets would invade a radioactive wasteland when themselves would have been a radioactive wasteland?
>>
>>77323414
Server farms?
>>
>>77324054
Fortunately for you, there is no land route to your island for me. I think that what we'd end up doing is going down, taking Argentina over, and making it great again.
>>
>>77324239

I agree, but would love to watch your ass trudge across the Pacific Land Bridge (11,683km)
>>
>>77323587

Again, depends on the end game of the enemy. If they just want to kill America, you're fine.

If they do kill America, Windsor will suffer from Detroit's steel and auto industry getting nukes.

>>77323683

Again, don't know. There's Offutt AFB near Omaha that is a very likely target due to it commanding all US Air Force nuclear bombers, so the fallout is your concern and Lincoln is a capital so it is likely a target itself. Shelter in place for two weeks with VERY HEAVY shielding.

>>77323910

And what makes you think I am lying? What can I say to let you know I'm honestly just trying to be helpful and I really do (did) have certs in what I am talking about?

>>77324082

If your generator was not connected to The Grid and had a carburetor when an EMP hit, it will run. EMPs fry solid state shit, not old school carbs. Solar might survive an EMP hit if it doesn't have a fancy circuit board.

Yes, most anything on The Grid would fry from an EMP (in the correct yield and height) for most of the Continental US as the charge would travel through The Grid itself.

>>77324168

Can't say.
>>
File: fatass-scooter.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fatass-scooter.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>77324521
Fuck that, niggah. This is the USA, and I'm not fat. I'm sure that one of those bariatric scooters could make it 12,000km on a single charge on account of the fact that I'm not 3 metric tons. Trudge my ass.
>>
>>77323414
I give up. Johnson Controls battery production?
>>
>>77324157
Again you are thinking in 1970s paradigms. Read some modern strategy books. After the initial barage the main conventional fights will be at ports.

Yes the victorious nation will want survivors to work for them. How exactly do you think we got all those ww2 loans paid back?

There is litteraly no point in killing an entire population and erasing all their infrastructure.
>>
>>77324706
Any attack on the US would be accompanied by a first strike against NATO and top-tier allies like Japan and Australia. You know that.
>>
>>77304969
I've got a lot of family in Phoenix and Albuquerque, if shit goes down there, am I going to lose them? Are our detection systems good enough that they can get out of the city in time? Or are they basically fucked?

I don't know what I would do. I'd rather die with them then watch them die.
>>
>>77324802

So I went and looked at some big ass scooters. I figured the Afiscooter S4 Wide Seat 4 Wheel Scooter by Afikim was suitable for you, and at $6,074 is a bargain.

http://www.parentgiving.com/shop/afiscooter-s4-wide-seat-4-wheel-scooter-by-afikim-7921/p/

Specs? Travel Charge Range: 28 mile. That's 417 burgers eaten while you wait to recharge. 834 if you eat two :(

There is no drive thru in the pacific :(
>>
>>77324706
>If your generator was not connected to The Grid and had a carburetor when an EMP hit, it will run. EMPs fry solid state shit, not old school carbs. Solar might survive an EMP hit if it doesn't have a fancy circuit board.
>Yes, most anything on The Grid would fry from an EMP (in the correct yield and height) for most of the Continental US as the charge would travel through The Grid itself.

You'll find that a lot of the effects of EMP are overstated. Remember, my pops tested the survivability of the electronics. When you look at what it takes to fry a solid state circuit board via EMP, you suddenly realize that blast and heat are bigger issues if you're that close, assuming that circuit board isn't hooked up to the power grid.

When you see the video that shows a car getting killed, keep in mind that is double the max jolt that you would get from an actual EMP caused by a high altitude nuke.
>>
>>77325291
Albuquerque is getting hit in a nuclear war.
>>
>>77325821
I think Phoenix is more likely. Phoenix is the largest city in the southwest (excluding Californian coastal cities)
>>
>>77325876
Nope. New Mexico has more nuclear weapons in it than any other state, and it also has the facilities to maintain them. Albuquerque and Los Alamos are getting hit. It's probably a top 10 or top 20 target.
>>
>>77324706
This moron thinks a carb will protect your engine but a panel of tiny copper wires over a mile long might be ok during an emp?

For fucks sake. OP is a fraud. For most emps your phones will be fine. Most vehicles will be fine. Only long distance electricity will be disrupted. Your generator will still run fine.

People who spout this shit are retarded. The very basic laws of physics shiw it. And it was proven in Hawaii. Rich fuckers used to shiw up to watch high altitude tests. Street lights went out but watches kept ticking and jeeps still ran.

But surely those jeeps didn't have spark plugs!
>>
>>77324955

I'm going to tell you to not fret about it. I honestly can't say what it is but it's not very important but important enough to a decapitation strike. It was shown to me as a "Confidential" item, so I won't disclose it.

I will tell you this about Ann Arbor as a conciliation prize: there is a CIA/NRO/GSA/DIA satellite receiver and analysis facility in downtown. It's classified but a widely known "Open Secret" around here. You can see it from Necto.

>>77325077

Most of NATO has no nukes, save for Britain and France's pathetic stockpiles that could be smashed 15 minutes before the US even knows missiles are coming at us.

>>77325291

Again, I don't know who would be nuked. I'm trying to help those who want to survive.

>>77325497

Most all of us are right now typing on something charging on or hooked to The Grid at the moment and these devices are very sensitive to power surges. They would probably all fry in a US-targeted EMP. Russia intends to launch a high altitude EMP during a strike.
>>
File: 1464733560469.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1464733560469.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>77304969
>this map
I was always told Midland, MI was on the USSR shitlist because of the Dow plant and Corporate HQ, yet it looks like only Grayling, Bay City/Saginaw and Manistee were targeted above the major pop. centers down south. What gives, FEMA-guy from Micigan?
>>
>>77325876
Cities aren't priority targets. You want to cripple the ability of the enemy to fight a war. While killing all their people would theoretical do that, you can use fewer warheads and hit strategic infrastructure instead.
>>
>>77326070

> a panel of tiny copper wires over a mile long might be ok during an emp?

Where the flying fuck did I say that?

Carburetor-powered engines will survive EMPs, that's pretty well known.

What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>77326159
Yes... but many of those nations have bases or command centers where American nuclear forces will be stationed/directed from.
>>
>>77326282
Phoenix has an airforce base and a nuclear power plant.
>>
File: 1111 032.jpg (130 KB, 1037x775) Image search: [Google]
1111 032.jpg
130 KB, 1037x775
My people..

I'm prepared... Are you?
>>
>>77326178

Old map I only used for the required pic purposes for making thread here. I stated this several times here.
>>
>>77326506
Honestly, no.

I don't know the first thing about surviving without all the modern amenities I take for granted.
>>
File: image.png (136 KB, 385x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136 KB, 385x430
>>77304969
>Milwaukee, WI
>shitload of triangles
What the hell would they want to blow up here? Miller brewing? An abandoned tannery?
>also that shitload of fallout from Chicago
Yep, pretty much fucked.
>>
>>77326475
Those might be secondary or tertiary targets, in my understanding. The primary targets are nuclear weapons, then things like oil refineries, communications hubs, etc. Ask about it on /k/. They have some people who really no their shit who might be lurking.
>>
>>77326380
>but many of those nations have bases or command centers where American nuclear forces will be stationed/directed from.

Above my pay grade, but it's pretty safe to assume the President or the Chain of Succession are the only ones who can launch nukes or even release them from the Department of Energy to be used in warfare.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 236x314
>>77326359
All engines survive emp fairly well. But you said 'hur dur i dunno' about solar panels. And guess what solar panels have? tons of copper coils.

I seriously have no idea why you didn't give up. You even admitted you were a fake and your map was a fake. But here we are 200 posts later and i am still calling you out.

Get fucked OP.
>>
Is all of this stuff really defunct with the neutron bombs Russia has.
I think that it wouldn't be safe for something like 100 years when neutron bombs are used, like the ones Russian media showed their submarine drones would launch http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-developing-nuclear-submarine-drone-2015-11
>>
>>77322200

Look for toilet paper production facilities and paper mills. They'd be the primary target of an Indian first strike.
>>
>>77326886

Every solar panel I work with has no copper in it. Silicon chips and Iridium compose most of the structure.
>>
>>77304969
I'm in Red Lion, York County, PA (zip 17322). It looks like I'm fucked either way. Wat do?
>>
>>77306384
>>77306003

All of America's oil refineries are in Houston. That city would be the first hit in a nuclear attack. Midland, TX here so I'm fucked too.
>>
>>77327183

Detroit Marathon has a huge refinery. Not Texas big, but is takes up the size of a city.
>>
>>77327126
Yea. It must be all those silicon chips that carry the power. There aren't giant copper coils around every power cell. Facing the sun.

But you are so much smarter than me.
>>
>>77314570
Its a strange feeling knowing that bombs will kill you many times over in a nuclear strike and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>77327183
Lets invade a country.

But first lets destroy their biggest industry built on 100 years if manufacturing

Are you fuckers really so stupid to believe this? There are tons f books that say that this type of thinking died in the 70s. No one thinks this way strategically anymore.
>>
>>77327496

Where did I say that? My training says solar panels *could* survive an EMP if they aren't on the grid during an EMP. That's all I fucking said.
>>
>>77325492
Solar panels?
>>
LA here, would they only try to n00k the port?
>>
>>77326159
>I'm going to tell you to not fret about it.
I'm not fretting, I'm just intrigued.
>>
>>77304969
Bullshit. I used to work for FEMA as a GIS specialist. That means I made maps for FEMA (region 3 and region 2) in the regional office and in a JFO, respectively. The maps we make are MUCH better than this. For one thing, we usually make a layer of affected area.

Also, the Denton FEMA office is actually in a former fallout shelter, and I own a farm in Ohio, so I'm good either way,
>>
What is so special about tallahasse? Pensacola and Eglin are obvious but why tally? Just for government fuckup status?

Honestly they'd be doing the US a favor. Worst colleges and worst nigger problem in any city I've ever lived in
>>
>>77328029
Solar panels by their very nature could not survive an emp. to hook up solar panels you must install heavy duty wiring around them. In order to comply with fire codes it makes an arc. This arc is aimed at the sun by definition.

So even denying the wiring inside the panels there are guant 4-20 ft circles of copper on people's roofs. All aiming at the sun.
>>
>>77328658
I mean personal sized ones attached to your scooter. Drive an hour, charge for a few via solar while you tow (and trickle-charge) it, drive however long the battery lasts, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>77312093
Yeah but you're not accounting for something.

Because bombs explode outward in three dimensions much of the energy is lost upward. Also the more you compress air, the more energy it takes to do it.

Because of this, larger nuclear bombs are less efficient. A bomb with 10 times the yield might only have 3 times the blast radius.

So you think a 1.5 megaton bomb would have 100 times the blast radius of Hiroshima (15 kilotons), but this just isn't the case. It might only have 10 times the blast radius.

In any case the blast radius of the pressure wave is not the greatest threat to human beings, although it is for infrastructure. Most bombs are programmed to go off in the air well above the target. This is because the light produced from the bomb is so hot and intense that anyone who isn't standing in a shadow will gave their skin melted off. Trees and grass will burst into flame, cars will explode....etc. Detonating the bomb at altitude ensures the best triangulation to burn as many people as possible. Many large bombs can produce 3rd degree burns 50 miles away.
>>
>>77328413
I was in GIS before you could specialize in it. I think you are a faggot. But yea OP is gay as fuck

You ever done an abstract problem in texas? Nigger you are lightweight if you bever figured out the starting point of a linefrom a dead tree.
>>
>>77320026
How badly would Fort Hood be hit? I live roughly 10-15 miles away.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.