[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gun laws?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1453377441126.jpg (11 KB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
1453377441126.jpg
11 KB, 225x169
wait, so let me get this straight...you faggots support the fact that the republican senate denied the bill to restrict us citizens on the terrorist watch list from buying weapons!??!
>>
>>77285618
Suspicion is not the same as being convicted. No need to take rights away where there has been no crime committed.
>>
>>77285618

GET A WARRANT YOU FAT FUCK.
>>
>>77285618
It's a simple case of slippery slope you faggot. All of a sudden if your right wing or left wing you could be put on the list because your way of thinking is "wrong"
>>
>>77285618
Everyone is under suspicion anyways. If they put you on some list, they effectively take away the 2nd amendment.
>>
>>77285618
Yet you don't seem to have a problem with a Democrat being investigated by the FBI running for president.
>>
>>77285869

ok lets follow some simple logic:

poi goes on watch list -> why?
suspected terrorist activity

what do we do with such a poi?
monitor them, investigate, and arrive at a conclusion on whether or not to prosecute them

if only suspicion, does removing their right to purchase firearms while under investigation remain a right?
apparently most conservatives who continually give up our liberties for more security disagree, but their actions speak differently

just temporarily fucking remove their rights, if you're a shady fucking sand nigger on a list, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun
>>
>>77285618
So you support the idea of the government being able to spot remove one of the fundamental rights of its citizens for no reason at all?

>B-but the government does have to have a reason!
Okay, who decides what reason that is and if its good enough? The government?

What oversight do they have? What safeguards do they have in place to stop clerical errors?

Basically you want an entity with a vested interest in disarming people to have the absolute authority to do so whenever they want as long as they pinkie swear they're self justified in doing so?
>>
>>77286381

trump is getting sued because he's a fraudster, so what? they're both crooks.

my problem is giving sand niggers guns
>>
>>77285618
The bill was ham fisted with language that allows people not convicted of crimes to be disarmed. Opened the door for me being disarmed for saying 'Fuck Obama' no jewbook.
>>
>>77286425

its not NO REASON, are you fucking kidding? do you know how much shit you must be in already to even get on one of those lists?

my cousin is a field officer in cleveland and tells me about this shit all the time, its infuriating.

why do you think all these morons complain about obama taking away their rights? every time a shooting happens obama complains about how loose the gun laws are and how he wishes he could do something about it...i don't want a sandnigger under surveillance of the fbi to be able to buy a gun, period. there is a reason there...
>>
>>77286501
>FBI good enough to take away people's rights on a whim
>FBI not good enough to stop a felon for running for the highest position in the land
>But its okay! Trump is being tried in a civil court too, totally the same!
Okay.
>>
>>77285618
Still mad that Bernie lost, you historically illiterate dipshit?
>>
>>77286584

if you went onto a watch list, sure...not an ordinary citizen, do you people even read the bills?
>>
File: 1unqo.jpg (74 KB, 750x733) Image search: [Google]
1unqo.jpg
74 KB, 750x733
>>77285618
Yeah. I did. And I will do it again if that nonsense comes back.

I will oppose any and all new gun control, no matter how popular it is or what people like you think about it.

Go choke on some dicks, you faggot.
>>
>>77286674
its not NO REASON, are you fucking kidding? do you know how much shit you must be in already to even get on one of those lists?

>right now

Leave the thinking to the big boys, Charlie.
>>
It does seem sensible to me that you'd be able to deny people who have been under suspicion for terror from purchasing guns. Perhaps not permanently, but something like a five year ban where any attempt to purchase would be grounds for re-investigation.

I do get that you want to avoide the whole minority report thing and the possibility of it merely being a wedge into more restrictive gun control, but just something like this does seem sensible.
>>
>>77286411
Anyone who is suspicious enough to have their right to bear arms taken away should be in custody.
>>
>>77286674
I know people on the no-fly list because some dead guy 40 years ago had their name. They're still on it because the process to sort that out is bugfuck retarded.

You're telling me that the government is so good that won't ever happen let alone commonly? It won't 'conveniently' happen to people of the opposing party?
>>
>>77285618
D U E P R O C E S S

U

E
P

R

O

C

E

S

S
>>
>>77286411
Constitutional rights cannot be violated without due process.
>>
>>77286825

please do some reading you fucking shitwit

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10703t.pdf
>>
>>77286867

that's a whole other story, but ffs, buying a gun while on these lists should be off the table
>>
>>77285618
Are you retarded my man? Do you not understand the concept of due process or why it's important?
>>
>>77285618
Well we are probably all on that list for posing here sooo
>>
>>77286960
>>77286941
my difference is that someone on this watch list being investigated be treated differently

>>77286914
no fly is not the same list, this poi was investigated
>>
>>77287043
What other rights should be stripped from them? Right to vote? Free Speech?
>>
>>77286850
>Terrorist goes to buy gun
>"I'm sorry sir, but you've been denied because you're on the FBI's terror watch list."
>Member of the religion of peace gives up on buying a gun.
>Decides to make several bombs and an exploding vest instead
>>
>>77286991
>right now
What part of changing the criteria over time do you not understand?
>>
File: 1375173182342.jpg (3 MB, 2263x2209) Image search: [Google]
1375173182342.jpg
3 MB, 2263x2209
>>77287043
Why? Our President is literally not even a real American and had literal communist affiliations in his youth. Our President. You want to trust a subversive like that with deciding who is and isn't "dangerous"? Why would you trust someone like Obama with something like that? Better yet, why would you expect me to trust that nigger?

Just stupid. You're never going to make this sale. Just fuck off.
>>
>>77287165

no certainly not, but one that endangers others while under investigation for terrorist activity should be a no brainer
>>
>>77287158
>no fly is not the same list, this poi was investigated
And? You think the same principles suddenly don't apply?
>B-b-but honestly, we'll be careful with this list, we promise!
>>
>>77287158
They are treated differently, the FBI is notified when they purchase a gun.
>>
>>77286501
Downplaying a civil lawsuit
vs
student loan sharking + deleting federal documentation + using her fraudulent foundation to elect donators into high security clearance government positions + oh and getting Americans killed

Same thing senpai desu am i right? *winkie face* famalam
>>
>>77287158
Technically he was no longer under investigation, had he tried to buy a gun while he was the FBI would have been alerted.
>>
>>77287338
Well why not? Second amendment is as fundamental as any of the others, why remove one and not them all?
>>
>>77287276

obama is the best gun salesman in all history at this point, have you watched him deliver a speech after a mass shooting? he complains like he does because his hands are tied and he can't do shit
>>
>>77287338
So they shouldn't be allowed to buy fertilizer?

Hell, why don't we imprison them until they can prove that they're not terrorists?
>>
The fact he was on a watchlist and the FBI did nothing when he bought one should fall on the fault of the FBI. If they considered him a potential threat this should have been a red flag.
>>
>>77286411

In your fantasy world where the Federal government doesn't view whites as the enemy and won't use this legislation to disarm white nationalists, why don't we just ban all Muslims from firearm ownership?
>>
>>77287339

no they don't because no fly does not include an active investigation into a poi, those are automatically flagged.

when you have field agents researching your activity its a different matter imo
>>
>>77285618
Shill, Shitpost or Slide thread detected
Fucking kill yourself
/pol/ needs better mods
>>
So, by the same token, you're all against Trump banning Muslims from travelling to the US?
>>
>>77287485

because it directly affects the safety of others
>>
File: gwg10.jpg (139 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
gwg10.jpg
139 KB, 960x720
>>77287507
That is beside the point, nigger lover. It s my belief that Obama is a Muslim, a Kenyan citizen, and a communist subversive. What you are suggesting to me is that I should be comfortable with letting a Kenyan Muslim with subversive communist tendencies decide for all of America who is and isn't dangerous, and who is and is not a potential terrorist.

My answer to that is unequivocally no, for all time, without exception.
>>
>>77287584
They removed him from the list because "Muh raycissum, he must be being oppressed by his white co-workers"
>>
>>77287664
Foreigners don't have the same rights as citizens britbong.

You can't buy guns in the US when you're on a travel visa.
>>
>>77287216
But like I wrote

>member of the religion of peace tried to buy a gun
>warning bell rings, he is now under further suspicion
>chance of capture and interception greatly increased
>>
>>77287700

i'm not worried about him because even after two terms he hasn't been able to do anything and still won't be able to, so yeah...not worried about it
>>
>>77286739
It was ambigious as fuck as to how you can end up on this list.

At the end of the day, it's unconstitutional to take away someone's constitutional rights sans a CONVICTION.

I'm proud to see /pol/ defend even the rights of murderous muzzies. DON'T TREAD ON ME BRO!

If the government didn't have an EXTENSIVE history of buttfucking us every time we give them even the smallest window.
>>
>>77287484
>>77287582
>>77287592

ok so please tell me how i'm supposed to reconcile sand niggers on watch lists obtaining firearms? you guys are cool with that then?
>>
>>77288023
And so I should wait for the next subversive the Democrats want to raise to the level of the Presidency do the same shit Obama does? No thanks.

I am never going to trust the fucking rats that Democrats vote into office enough to make the decisions you are comfortable with them making. Never. I don't trust them, I don't respect them, and they are my enemies.

Why on earth would I want to empower these people?
>>
>>77288098

true, and we'll never know

i concede your point
>>
So you think that because the government puts you on a list you should have your constitutional rights revoked?

Without irony, you sit down and believe that a list, formulated purely on speculation, without due process, that anyone under any kind of scrutiny, despite not being convicted of any crimes, should have their rights revoked, because you feel that it would somehow prevent "crazies" from committing violent crimes, despite there being copious amounts of evidence proving the contrary?

You think that somehow expanding the net and blocking more law abiding citizens from exercising their constitutional (and frankly, is a natural right of any free person) based on paranoia would have stopped someone who passed their background checks from committing a violent crime?

You're delusional and unwilling to wake up and smell the coffee. Guns aren't the problem. People are the problem. Culture is the problem.
>Buh buh buh how many more have to-
all of them, now fuck off with this tripe.
>>
>>77286501
Obama has been giving sand niggers guns for years, why would they stop now?
>>
File: trumprape.png (241 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
trumprape.png
241 KB, 600x337
>>77286411
>just temporarily fucking remove their rights

Go fuck yourself, commie
>>
File: 1458955574889.jpg (121 KB, 209x360) Image search: [Google]
1458955574889.jpg
121 KB, 209x360
>>77286674
>>
>>77288254

to be fair, i agree with you, i just get agitated thinking there could be a terrorist poi buying a gun near me who could wind up killing myself or a family member and there would never have been anything i could do about it
>>
>>77288283
Thank you. I rescind >>77288399
these doobs and the statement.
>>
>>77288474
The problem is that the FBI dropped the investigation for fear of being 'racist'. Similary to UK during the rotterdam rapes
>>
>>77287700
And my belief is that Trump is nothing more than a DNC plant designed to get Hillary into the white house. Only problem is that his over the topness work a bit to well.
>>
>>77288326

of course culture is the problem, most gun violence in the us aside from mass shootings is just niggers shooting each other...

but, when our population grows to this size, with the volume of firearms that we have, and the culture of mass shootings appealing to psychotics, what do you do?

i don't want to be a random victim as i'm sure you don't, unless you're ok with being a victim to protect the rights of others that are or were as shady being on these lists
>>
>>77287698
Protests frequently break out into violence, so throw out assembly.

They could vote in people the establishment considers dangerous, so toss that one out.

The left constantly considers the wrong kind of speech intolerable and harmful and since you think violating rights is hunky dory go ahead and toss that one in there too.

The second amendment protects the others, if you want to get rid of that one, get rid of them too.
>>
>>77288173
I'm cool with the federal government not having the sweeping authority to revoke basic constitutional rights in secret for arbitrary and unstated reasons with no method of recourse. I'm actually really cool with that.

If Muslims are such a problem that we have to dismantle our civil society and rebuild it to accommodate them then they simple shouldn't be here.
>>
>>77288173

Islam is incompatible with Western values. There should be no Muslims in my country. Giving my subverted traitor government permission to disarm me to keep a minority that doesn't belong here from killing people makes zero sense.
>>
>>77288173
Yes, as long as he is a US Citizen he has that right.

The trick is to make him and people like him actually appreciate their god damn country instead of considering themselves some kind of cancer from a foreign place, but sadly 'ethics' would be too racist for liberals.
>>
>>77288806
>>77288866

ok sure, agreed, but its not just mudslimes, there are also random autists out there perpetrating mass shootings
>>
>>77285618

When they say that, they mean they'll put white men on a neonazi terrorist watch group for shitposting on Facebook and not put mexicans and arabs on it for cutting people's heads off.
>>
>>77288806
>>77288866
>>77288997

i guess at the end of the day, i don't want to defend that right to a sand nigger who was investigated by the fbi, just really irks me
>>
>>77285618
Because the executive branch has complete jurisdiction on who goes onto the terrorist watch list. Tomorrow they could decide that "buying guns" can get you put on the list and there would be fuck-all congress could do about it. Sure someone could take it to court and SCOTUS might strike it down, but that could take years.
>>
>>77285618

The terrorist watch list is a joke.

Only a fucking retard would support barring people from buying guns because they're on some list with no oversight and no due process.
>>
>>77289097
You run into the same problem there. Why should the government or anyone have the ability to strip you of rights just with an accusation?

The insane autist shooter is so incredibly rare that trying to prevent it is just going to end up being a massive waste of time and money. You have 1000 times the chance of being T-boned in an intersection by a woman in an SUV because she was texting than being shot by the next Lanza or Cho.
>>
>>77289097
And how many do they kill? There are 10,000 gun homocides a year in the US. Of those a few hundred are killed in mass shootings. So you have a 1 in 20-30 chance of being killed by a mass shooter if you die by gun at all. But wait, three times as many people die in a car accident than are shot to death, so there's a greater chance of that. But wait, four times as many as that die from strokes, accidents and bad colds each. And four times as many as THAT die from cancer and heart disease.

Concerning yourself with mass shootings is pointless. You will live, and you will die of some bullshit medical failure, unless you actively seek a more interesting death.
>>
>>77289354
Well, get over it. Its called being principled. There are principles you abide by because you view them as important, even when they help people you don't like.
>>
>>77288474

The Federal government will not protect you from Islamic aggression. The Federal government will not even admit that these killings are ethnically and religiously motivated. The Federal government wants to give you delisions of safety regarding these people and import hundreds of thousands more of them into your country. How can you have a measure of security against Muslim aggression? Weapons, training, situational awareness, physical fitness, numbers. There are no guarantees, but living in reality and taking your security into your own hands will put you far ahead of the mean.
>>
You do realize this is the same list by the same people that consider all veterans as possible terrorists too right? I busted my ass in the armed forces and I'm considered as much a threat as Aludabi Dakbar Muhammad and his raghead fuck buddies?

Yeah, no. Until they can prove intent to commit crime no law abiding American citizen can or should be stripped of their right to own legal firearms.
>>
File: topkek.gif (1004 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
topkek.gif
1004 KB, 320x240
>>77285618
Lost
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.