[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this: >one guy believes in something - it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: RUST.gif (978 KB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
RUST.gif
978 KB, 500x206
Explain this:

>one guy believes in something - it's retardation
>a group of people believes in something - it's a sect
>a whole bunch of people believes in something - it's a religion

Why do we tolerate morons who believe in magical beardmen from clouds?
>>
>>77207802

because the said bunch of people will crack your head open if you do not fall in to place

it's just like society creates norms that it's inhabitants must follow
>>
>>77207802
>not believing in Kek
>>
>>77207881
I swear a god if I ever make enough money, I will hire/kidnap rocket scientists to make me a small space ship to GTFO, I don't want to live on this planet anymore, it's literally retarded, humanity was a mistake.
>>
>>77207881
>society creates norms
No, it's jews. Motherfucking, cocksucking, hook-nosed jews.
>>
>>77207802
I keep wondering myself to this day why Russia didn't just nuclear bomb the shit out of all the sandnigger countries and maybe China.
>>
>>77210112
Probably because jewish MURIKA has them on nuke gunpoint 24/7. And we all know sandniggers and China are just jewish vasals.
>>
File: 9850258.gif (180 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
9850258.gif
180 KB, 404x416
>>77208744
>No, it's jews. Motherfucking, cocksucking, hook-nosed jews.
>>
>>77207802
Which religion believes in magical beardmen from clouds?
>>
>>77210417
Even since 1950? Why didn't Russia leave eastern europe out of their communism and instead force their dictatorship on the much weaker and primitive countries. Saudi Arabia especially has a lot of oil which Soviet Russia should have completely taken control of.
>>
>>77207802
>magical beardmen from clouds
nobody believes in this you autistic fuck
>>
File: scan0006.jpg (904 KB, 2044x1388) Image search: [Google]
scan0006.jpg
904 KB, 2044x1388
>>
>>77207802

You might want to refine your definition. Under it, evolution qualifies as a religion because a whole bunch of people believe in it.
>>
File: sand kangz.jpg (193 KB, 899x570) Image search: [Google]
sand kangz.jpg
193 KB, 899x570
>>77210875
>>
>>77207802
It gives some people peace. If sensible, white, western people want to do this, then sure. However, brown people have proven that they are not fit to assign their fantasies as their supreme deities.
>>
>>77211144

Whites mainly just use it to keep groids under control anyway.
>>
File: Vatican-City_2816583b.jpg (122 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Vatican-City_2816583b.jpg
122 KB, 620x387
>>77210875
>autist
Know any other 4chen buzzwords breh?
>>
>>77211178
>jews
ftfy
>>
>>77211178
I'm not so sure of it, but under white supervision what's the problem?

Think about it though. Any time a brown gets hold of an ideology he can call his own, what good has come out of it?
>>
>>77208681
You atheists had your chance to rule with godless communists and you killed more people than Christian nations could in centuries.

You fucks are no better.
>>
>>77210922
simplistic, flawed, yet fascinating and thought-provoking. what's this from?
>>
Religious nuts are like conspiracy theorists, except conspiracy theorists actually have evidence for their beliefs
>>
>>77211341
I don't consider myself an atheist per se, I just don't give a shit about those things. Why even think about it? It's stupid and waste of time.

And communists are even worse, because they're jewish puppets, and jewry is, take a guess - another cocksucking religion.
>>
>>77207802
Islam is a political system, not a religion.
>>
>>77207802
>hurr durr I'm retarded

We tolerate Christians because having them around protects from something far far worse.
>>
>I'm not a jihadist
>I'm an agnostic Muslim
>TRUST ME STUPID INFIDELS

the thread
>>
>>77207802
I'm no religious man, nor sociologist, but seems like it was really useful for a while. It brought people together, and tried to explain the world more than anything else.
Now it's relevant mostly to morals, and the last field science can't get into. You could argue politics, medecine or science doesn't need (backward) moral values, but it sure needs ethics and we're still in a reject of moral phase that make us do anything for the sake of it.
So maybe we should not go for a full rational society before human mind got it straight (ie abstract thinking is totally fucked up nowaday)
>>
>>77207802
The irony is that Rust found God in the end.

Silly fedora tipper
>>
File: trump.jpg (186 KB, 1500x1120) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
186 KB, 1500x1120
>>77207802
The same way you tolerate non-bearded men with questionable tastes in hairstyles about how scared you should be because of everything else, especially religion.
>>
File: MECHA-HUME.jpg (424 KB, 920x2492) Image search: [Google]
MECHA-HUME.jpg
424 KB, 920x2492
>>77207802
L E L K E K
E K E K E K
L K K K K E K
>>
>>77207802
>Why do we tolerate morons who believe in magical beardmen from clouds?
they are more than us.
simple fact in life, when outnumbered shut the fuck up.
>>
>>77211699
>implying morals can only come from religion

Morals have been a non-religious thing way before Joseph got cucked.
>>
>>77211969
Almost all laws have been derived from one religion or another. Dunno what you're talking about
>>
>>77212097
Why did you go from "morals" to "laws"?
>>
>>77211699

Are those morals good because God chose them, are did God choose them because they are good?

wow, really makes you think...
>>
>>77211964
>Cognitive dissonance of Christopher Kitchens
>We must kill anyone who violently enforces their ideology.

Literally what is wrong with this? Isn't it justice? Unless you are going to go full Stirner on my you can't honestly think that Justice is cognitive dissonance.

>Dawkins
>Philosophy is pretty pointless but I'm sure I'm better at it than philosophers
It sounds silly, but unless you can point out mistakes that he has made against philosophers or in his philosophy, then you are just butt frustrated.
>>
>>77212407
it's disingenuous to invoke the euthyphro dilemma when you're talking to people who have never spoken to an educated religious person and it's patently retarded and sophistic to invoke it against someone who's speaking pragmatically.
>>
>>77212592
>Educated religious person

I highly doubt that anything new can be brought to the table. I doubt that anyone has a good argument for their god being real.
>>
>>77212685
nononononoo, you know what follows this
>>
File: 1462462719791.png (1 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462462719791.png
1 MB, 1440x1080
>>77212685
the fact that you hold this belief is evidence of both your ignorance of contemporary discourse in philosophy of religion and a disheartening lack of intellectual curiosity. have some humility or run the risk of being an example of dunning-kreuger in action.

>>77212879
this guy's a straight up cunt though
>>
>>77212879
Yeah, shitty meaningless word tricks that are mean't to sound like paradoxes that only prove that we don't have a fucking clue what created the universe. Every fucking time.
>>
>>77210922
Really interesting. Got the source, by chance?
>>
>>77212993
although I could tell from the outset that you were bereft of genuine philosophical curiosity, I thank you for making it entirely obvious so that I do not waste my time.
>>
>>77212950
>tries to revoke some psychological nonsense
>can't even spell it properly
>doesn't see the irony in that

Go figure.
>>
>>77212950
It's got nothing to do with my ignorance. I've heard all their is to be heard. My disagreeing with you is not evidence of my ignorance, it is simply my declaration that your argument's for god are vague and meaningless word tricks.

Sure most atheists dwell on the surface of what there is to know about this debate, however under that surface is nothing as substantial as the opinions of creationists, and yet far harder to refute.
>>
who fucking cares? as long as someone doesn't use their religion to override the law, i couldn't care less what the fuck they believe. it's why muzzies are such a pain in the ass to live with since they literally want to establish a government based on their religion.
>>
>>77213135
This condescending attitude is a hallmark of your kind. I have heard every argument there is to hear about God existing and I am still either bereft of the wisdom required to understand it or simply not satisfied by it. In your natural presumptuous nature that characterized the egotists in your position, I know which you will presume.

I am happy to have an honest discussion about literally anything, but I doubt you will give me the opportunity.
>>
>>77207802

To be fair, would be fun to start our own religion...
Oh wait, kek.
>>
>>77212950
>hit a nerve
I supposed to be offended?
>>
>>77213281
>>77213135
Seems I was right. You'd never stray outside your presumptions to level with someone who you have baslessly asserted isn't curious.

Such a display of weak curiosity on your part.
>>
File: f57.jpg (8 KB, 261x216) Image search: [Google]
f57.jpg
8 KB, 261x216
Because it's so heavily ingrained in our culture that it doesn't seem ridiculous anymore. It would if we hadn't been raised to think it was the norm, just look at something like Scientology, it is laughed at by almost everyone for being a ridiculous scam, but really it's no different than Christianity, only that it has not been made socially acceptable yet.
>>
>>77210713
>Which religion believes in magical beardmen from clouds?

all of the main ones, figuratively speaking. all of the main ones ask you to believe some sort of nonsense, to show your allegiance to the group.
>>
>>77213760
>Because it's so heavily ingrained in our culture that it doesn't seem ridiculous anymore.

that's one way to put it. the problem is that humans, even intelligent humans, can make themselves believe anything if they really want to.

the best PBS show I ever saw was about the fraudsters who went around sending parents of autistic kids to jail for sexual abuse simply because a nut held seminars telling them that this happened a lot, and that a therapist could hold an autistic kid's hand on a keyboard and the kid could magically type out "my dad raped me last night" even if the kid had never spoken a word in their life.

frightening stuff, mainly because the only one with enough guts to go on camera was an intelligent normal person who said "I actually believed the kid was doing the typing".
>>
File: putin rabbis1.jpg (106 KB, 610x400) Image search: [Google]
putin rabbis1.jpg
106 KB, 610x400
>>77210112
>believing Russia is some kind of white savior
>falling for this shitty meme forced since 1810's
>>
>>77207802
Because there are so many of them we simply have no choice but to tolerate them.
>>
>>77207802
this show shouldve stopped after season 1
>>
>>77207802
The average IQ is 100. Think on how stupid the average person is. Now grasp that half of people are stupider than that.
>>
File: odin_2.jpg (371 KB, 827x1114) Image search: [Google]
odin_2.jpg
371 KB, 827x1114
>>77207802
>magical beardmen from clouds
Hevjið í homrum
harðmælta kvæðið,
villu valkyrjur,
vetrarins börn,
tit mínar frælsu,
froysandi hvirlur,
föddar av ódn.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.