[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you define what an assault weapon was, for the purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: assault rifle.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
assault rifle.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
How do you define what an assault weapon was, for the purpose of legislation regardless of it passing or not?

Does it have to have more than one salty features? Selective fire?
>>
You don't define it because you aint banning shit

SHALL
>>
It looks cool so it's an assault weapon.
>>
>>77187223
>shoulder thingy that goes up
>fires thirty clips per second
>fully semi automatic
>black
>vertical murder grip
>looks similar to a gun they saw in a movie
>>
>>77187223

there is no definition, it's a meme
>>
File: SDpTT.gif (2 MB, 255x188) Image search: [Google]
SDpTT.gif
2 MB, 255x188
How do you take millions of "assault rifles" out of circulation?

Ask people politely to hand them over?
>>
File: tacticool_gun.jpg (191 KB, 1125x900) Image search: [Google]
tacticool_gun.jpg
191 KB, 1125x900
There is no definition for "assault weapon" an "assault weapon" could be a stick.
There is a definition for "assault rifle" and an AR-15 is NOT one.
>>
>>77187223
I only define an assault weapon as a fully automatic weapon such as the M-16 or AK-47 or STG 44 also known as the Sturm Gehehr that all "assault wepons" are named after. The anti gun people seem to want to include Semi Automatic rifles because they are dishonest. If they succeed in banning Semi Autos they will move on to bolt action rifles next mark my words.
>>
>>77187223
If I HAD to make one it would be

Fully Automatic

but even then full-auto is a great way to waste a lot of rounds for minimal return.

I always joke with friends and family when i see more gun control BS,

>Assault is to initiate violence on another person
>Weapon is anything used to deal physical harm

>So an assault weapon is literally anything you use to hit someone, including but not limited to, books, socks, and spoons.

BUZZ WORD BINGO BABY
>>
File: ferret.jpg (105 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
ferret.jpg
105 KB, 1280x853
>>77187223
mfw the government confiscated my 'assault furniture'.
The safety inspectors informed me that the corners were a bit sharp and could cause injury.

The cunts didn't take my ferrets, though. I have to wear welding gloves when I handle them.
They can remove a fingertip instantly. My dog is shit scared of them. Cat doesn't give shit.
>>
http://www.assaultweapon.info/

figure it out
>>
>>77187223
>salty features
Really this. The CA history of gun legislation is hilariously tragic, with a continuously evolving list of "assault weapon features" like bayonet lugs, vertical handgrips, flash suppressors, etc. None of which have anything to do with the weapon itself. I like to imagine our state congressmen are slyly pushing these idiot features around in order to satisfy liberal congressmen so they can imagine something is "being done" about assault weapons.

Really, the redpill about gun legislation is "semi automatics". If they (somehow) outlaw those, and then round up the guns in order to (here's their argument) "stop proliferation", then shut down gun manufacturers through litigation, then guns in America are finished. They don't make this argument though, and I hope they never do.
>>
>>77187223
There is no such thing as an "Assault Weapon".
It's a made-up term with no definition made to scare people into allowing common features, some of which are for safety, to be banned so make firearms nearly impossible to effectively use.
Do not call a semiautomatic rifle an assault rifle either because it's wrong.
>>
>>77188817

I love when the Gun Lobby corners a gun grabber and asks them shit like "Do you know what a barrel shroud is Mrs. Congresswoman? Do you know what it does? Why are you trying to ban something you have no idea what the function actually is?"

Their responses are always gold.
>>
Is an assault rifle an actual thing or is it just a meme name. I always thought the were full auto rifles and that's it.
>>
>>77190509
That's why I posed the thread to see what the views were.

Obviously it's a gun that you want to "assault" something position with, which in and of itself is a generic concept and widely open to interpretation.
>>
>>77187223

Selective/FA fire.

Thats the definition of an assault rifle.

A semi auto sporting rifle, defines their semi auto counterparts.
>>
>>77187223
Bayonett. Looks stupid, unbalances weapon, totally assault.
>>
An assault weapon should be formally classified as any weapon that can be used to fire a projectile intercontinentally.
>>
>>77187223
bump. I like this thread.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.