[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly will happen if Britain really leaves the EU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7
File: brexit.jpg (21 KB, 300x188) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
21 KB, 300x188
So what exactly will happen if Britain really leaves the EU?
Will they join European Free Trade Association, like Norway or Swiss, so that they are forced to implement EU laws, pay money to EU and allow free travel?
Or will they leave the single market and trade with EU for WTO tarrifs (around 60% of British imports/exports are with EU).
>>
>>77103747
They will become a shitskins free shithole
>>
>>77103926
they wont import white EU immigrants but will still import non-white immigrants from commonwealth, like pakis
it seems to me like they would become even browner through brexit
>>
>>77103747
No one knows.

Anyone that claims they can predict it is lying to you
>>
We'll invent new deals, and the EU will have to suck our dick because we're their biggest export market
>>
>>77104162
>white
>eu immigrants

pick one
>>
>>77104882
you have a way higher percentage of export/import with the EU than the other way around
Seems like EU is gonna be in the better negotation position.
And are you really expecting that you gonna recieve the same conditions like now without any drawback?
>>
It will definitely be a bumpy ride, most likely to the downside, at least at first.
>>
>>77105107
9% of our GDP comes from trading with Europe. It's not a massive loss. However Europe sell the UK so much stuff that they can't afford to lose the UK as a market, especially after losing the UK as income from the Union. Also considering the EU's economic growth is pretty stagnant, you need as much money as you can get.
>>
>>77105107
nigga show me your source
>>
>>77103747

Leave is leave. Our MPs seem to be in denial/. But if the choices are EFTA with free movement, vs no trade deals with Europe and secure borders, I know which the public will choose. And to try use parliament to negate the referendum would be a mistake.

>>77104162

Nah lad, leave camp is just hiding our power level. Ultimately we all want paki filth to fuck off. But first we need full control over our borders and the ECHR to fuck the fuck off telling us who we can and can't deport.
>>
>>77105107

We export more to the EU than we import. But we still buy billions of £ worth of EU made stuff. We have no issue with the trade. Just the daft rules that come with it.
>>
What is the point of the EU? If a country wants to deal with an individual country don't they have to deal with the EU bureaucracy?

I don't know if this happens but I can imagine it. If I want to buy UK beef can I be told no because it would be unfair, you must buy polish beef for $x more to benefit the whole union.
>>
>>77104885
what about poles?
>>
>>77105332
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

>>77105689
so what do you expect? Free trade like Swiss or Norway, which is connected to freedom of movement, implementing EU laws and paying money to EU?
Or having tariffs while trading with EU?
>>
>>77105885
that's exactly where things are headed

you know there's recently been a huge push for local produce (particularly in the UK)? I reckon it's because it is able to ignore the clusterfuck that is EU trade.
>>
>>77105518
>Vote Leave is hoping to secure the backing of British Asians by telling them that if Britain quits the EU, it will mean more immigration from elsewhere in the world.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/94adcefa-1dd5-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15.html#axzz4BSzResHu
>>
>>77105306
you export a total of 273B € to EU and import 420B €
>>
>>77105885
you can buy both polish or british beef, but you will have to pay the same tariffs for both
>>
>>77105973
the poles that come here seem to act like niggers, at least where i live. im sure some are alright, but theres way too many. even now i can hear polish outside my window. though id still have them over muslims any day, i think we've had more than enough immigration as it is and until we leave the eu the government can't do much to change this.
>>
>>77105885
>I don't know if this happens but I can imagine it. If I want to buy UK beef can I be told no because it would be unfair, you must buy polish beef for $x more to benefit the whole union.
well no, this does not happen. Most meat in shops is UK grown. Most food in general.

>>77106024
EU trade is easy as fuck. Thats the point.
>>
>>77105974

I made it clear here >>77105518

If the choices are free trade with free movement or not free trade and full border control, I;d take the latter. And I suspect I'm not alone. Our government are already planning in the case of a Brexit to renegotiate on terms that are almost identical to what we have today so they can say 'we respected your decision, let the EU then entered all these other agreements putting us further back than where we started'. That won't wash.

Ideally we'd go for free trade but none of the EU rules (freedom of movement, welfare entitlements, EU stopping us deporting paki filth). BUt I know I'm wanting to have my cake and eat it here. So of the options likely available, I suspect we'll burn all bridges and start from scratch.

There are the small issues I mentioned above. These cannot be addressed within the EU without you making special exceptions for us, which the French will veto. The bigger unspoken issues is general racism. We want rid of all the browns but saying so is overtly racist, so we leave the EU then bring in a points system that favours whites, but we will take highly skilled browns. The deeper, more long-term issue is the preservation of our culture and majority ethnicity. This simply cannot be done with the EU determined to import as many third worlders that want to come for the foreseeable future.

Nothing against other Euros. But the EU can fuck the fuck off.
>>
File: 1462315573309.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1276) Image search: [Google]
1462315573309.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1276
>>77106030

[spolier]We're lying[/spoiler]
>>
>>77106633
>If the choices are free trade with free movement or not free trade and full border control, I;d take the latter.
Are you aware how hard this is gonna hit British economy? When 60% of your imports/exports are suddenly burdened with tarrifs?

>EU stopping us deporting paki filth
EU couldn't care less how you handle your immigrants from commonwealth. As I pointed out before, the leave camp actually plans to import even more pakis

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/94adcefa-1dd5-11e6-a7bc-ee846770ec15.html#axzz4BSzResHu
>>
>>77103747

We all get a free owl.
>>
>>77106831
>We
You are just a guy on the internet.
How can you be so sure that boris johnson or whoever comes to power after brexit wont just do what he said and import more pakis?
>>
>>77106897

>EU couldn't care less how you handle your immigrants from commonwealth. As I pointed out before, the leave camp actually plans to import even more pakis

yet the EU is essentially forcing us to take migrants and they won't allow us to deport terrorists because muh human rights. Other shit, like not being able to put criteria on welfare rights, the shady rules on state ownership (selectively applied), quotas. All that shit can piss off.

>As I pointed out before, the leave camp actually plans to import even more pakis

They're saying that to appeal to ethnics. You think if we don't want Poles here (personally I've no issue with Poles) we're going to welcome Abdul and his forty wives with open arms? This is politicians politicking.

Borris and co are riding on the coattails of Farage's popularity. The most likely system for immigration post Brexit will be points based.

I could be wrong bit I'm pretty sure I'm reading public sentiment right. Every islamism results in more people switching to leave. It's pretty clear what the real concern is, even if it goes unstated for now.
>>
I wouldn't mind seeing bilateral trade agreements for a free trade zone between the US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. NZ and Australia too if they want in. Why not strengthen existing ties between first world countries?
>>
>>77107734
>yet the EU is essentially forcing us to take migrants and they won't allow us to deport terrorists because muh human rights
EU doesn't force you to take pakis. You take them on your own free will because muh ties to commonwealth

>They're saying that to appeal to ethnics. You think if we don't want Poles here (personally I've no issue with Poles) we're going to welcome Abdul and his forty wives with open arms?
I don't know what the politicians of leve camp wanna do, but either they are lying or they wanna import more brown people. Either option would make me feel wary towards them
>>
>>77107880
such a trade agreement would be completely dominated by USA
>>
>>77107880

The problem is you guys signed TPP. So if we're in a free trade zone with you, we're by default in a free trade zone with Vietnam (even if their goods have to be processed through the USA first). The bottom line, UK companies would offshore/outsource to the US where they could then outsource to Vietnam. Bad for jobs, good for Jews.
>>
>>77108147

I said essentially forcing. Through shaming and talk of EU solidarity. Plus the fact that the EU collectively let them march 2000 miles right up to our border.

>I don't know what the politicians of leve camp wanna do, but either they are lying or they wanna import more brown people. Either option would make me feel wary towards them

Nobody does. Nobody really cares what they want. The VAST majority of the media and politicians are opposed to Brexit. But Brexit is growing stronger. Most (not all) of the Brexit politicians are opportunists seeking to attach themselves to a popular cause. But if they think they can swindle us, they're in for a shock.
>>
>>77108449
>I said essentially forcing. Through shaming and talk of EU solidarity. Plus the fact that the EU collectively let them march 2000 miles right up to our border.
wait, are you talking about pakis or refugees now?

> Most (not all) of the Brexit politicians are opportunists seeking to attach themselves to a popular cause. But if they think they can swindle us, they're in for a shock.
I agree with you on the notion that Brexit politicians are opportunists. Thats why I think that after Brexit, when they come to power, they will look for a deal with EU.
Its gonna be the same shit over like in Greece, with Syriza
>>
>>77108691

Refugees. by paki I mean brown.

>when they come to power, they will look for a deal with EU.

You are absolutly correct. They're already planning it.

> Pro-EU MPs could stage guerrilla campaign to reverse Brexit decision

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/06/pro-eu-mps-could-mount-guerrilla-campaign-to-reverse-brexit-decision

The point I'm making is that any proposed deal that keeps free movement will be rejected by the public. The sneakier they try to do it the more visceral the reaction will be.

Call-me-Dave really fucked up trying to appease UKIP voters back at the general election. But what does he care. He's out after the referendum one way or the other.
>>
>>77109125
>The point I'm making is that any proposed deal that keeps free movement will be rejected by the public.
I don't really think public will have a say in it.
After referedum, other politicians will come to power and they will make a deal with EU, without asking the population. At least, thats what I assume will happen
Once again, look at Syriza. They came to power by promising lefists fairy tales. They even made a referendum. And yet, in the end, they made exactly the same thing the parties before them did
>>
>>77104162
The difference is that we will import significantly less non-whites through this system than we would through the EU system anyway
>>
File: eu devil.jpg (51 KB, 496x429) Image search: [Google]
eu devil.jpg
51 KB, 496x429
>>77103747
>(around 60% of British imports/exports are with EU).

Lying piece of shit. 43% of British exports are to the EU. Britain runs a massive trade deficit with the EU, which is why you won't dare to fuck with us after we leave.

Also, there's the small matter of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty that guarantees us continued access to the single market.
>>
>>77109484

I fully understand the point you're making. But Brexit looks like it may squeeze a super-majority. One attack in France is all it will take. While legally the referendum is only advisory there'll be enough voices screaming about it if they try squeeze through EU in all but name that they'll back down or face the British equivalent of a revolution.
>>
>>77109954
are you aware that paki population in UK has nothing to do with EU?
>>
>>77110060
>But Brexit looks like it may squeeze a super-majority.
All the polls so far predict a close run
>>
>>77110040

>Also, there's the small matter of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty that guarantees us continued access to the single market.

Don't be fooled lad. We are voting to bring back full sovereignty and control of our borders. The public at large understand this. IF they try to jew us (see article here>>77109125) they'll get a taste of just how unpopular the establishment really is these days.
>>
>>77107020
Because the conservative party don't like pakis and nobody votes for labour anymore.
>>
>>77103747
You're also leaving the EU my krautman. Everyone is leaving the EU.
>>
>>77110381

A poll out today puts leave 19 points ahead, 53 to 34. And this wasn't even an online poll. Obviously there's still a few undecided, but if they opt leave then 60-odds in favour of leave isn't impossible.

I still can't get over how gloriously the Bremain fuckers have diddled themselves. They had the MSM and 70% of MPs from all parties. And they've still fucked it.
>>
>>77110725
Having Nicola Sturgeon campaigning to stay was the biggest nail in the coffin.

>Let's work with a woman who doesn't even want to be part of the fucking UK telling English people what to do
>>
File: 1464992987305.png (271 KB, 450x516) Image search: [Google]
1464992987305.png
271 KB, 450x516
>>77110279
It will be in 5-8 years when the new Germans and their 4 kids are able to freely move across Europe.
>>
>>77111220

Guess they assumed her 'popularity' from the leaders debates would carry over. Turns out anti-toryism in itself is a pretty weak platform, especially when she is now making the case for tory-in-chief.

>>77110711

>Where we're going we don't need union

Don't give Bremain any ideas lad.
>>
>>77111388
pot calling the kettle black
>>
>>77110725
Keep in mind, that poll was carried out by a Brexit-aligned group, and was reported by the Daily Express, a newspaper which has been championing an exist from the EU for about a decade. So it might not be entirely reliable. The ones putting us at 55% to leave vs 45% to stay are probably more realistic, but even that is still pretty good.
>>
>>77112232

If Brexit wins by a few % then they will just ignore it. Well not ignore it. They'll 'renegotiate' essentially the same deal as we currently have. Depending on who's will is stronger between France and Germany we'll either get a slightly worse deal than before (Schengen area) or slightly better than before (2nd tier EU member, all the trade, none of the rules). Really need 60% for the result to stick.
>>
>>77112685
The Conservatives won't win another election for decades if they ignore the results. The defections to UKIP will gut the party, and voter backlash will condemn the rest.
>>
>>77105974
>so what do you expect? Free trade like Swiss or Norway, which is connected to freedom of movement, implementing EU laws and paying money to EU?
>Or having tariffs while trading with EU?

Why can't they have both? Why does there have to be a downside involved in EU treaties?
Wouldn't a free trade agreement between rEU and Britain be favorable to both of us? (only talking about free trade right now, not the common market with regulations)
>>
>>77114193

They're already talking about how they will ignore it. This is why Brexit needs a convincing win.
>>
>>77110040
>Also, there's the small matter of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty that guarantees us continued access to the single market.

Article 50 is about the right of member states to withdraw from the European Union, it says nothing about guaranteeing access to single market
>>
>>77114576
you wanna have all the benefits but none of the obligations?
Why would any country stay in the EU then, if they could just leave and keep the benefits?
>>
>>77111388
why would they though
>>
>>77115079
>you wanna have all the benefits but none of the obligations?
If it's favorable for both parties why should there be downsides, at all? What's wrong with having mutually beneficial contracts?

>Why would any country stay in the EU then, if they could just leave and keep the benefits?
Exactly. Why?
>>
>>77114576
To participate in the single EU market, a country must fulfil many requirements in regards to legislation concerning certain goods. For a good overview of why it's like that, I recommend reading the Mad Cow Disease part of this book

http://www.eea.europa.eu/publications/environmental_issue_report_2001_22

It outlines how ignoring precautionary measures in name of protecting the local economy allowed the mad cow disease to spread for a much longer time than it should have
>>
>>77106315
Poles are really easy to make friends with imo
>>
>>77115079

>Why would any country stay in the EU then, if they could just leave and keep the benefits?

That's a question you've got to ask yourself. THe EU is based on it's 'four freedoms'. Are they all in your interest? If so, what sacrifices do you consider appropriate?

The EU should primarily be a free trade area. Everything else should be voluntary. But the EU is determined to expand and consolidate.
>>
>>77115575
because most of EU memeber states want not only trade agreement but a single market, which also implies free movement of labour and goods.
>>
>>77116361

>because most of EU memeber states want not only trade agreement but a single market, which also implies free movement of labour and goods.

Do they really? Maybe this gets to the heart of the divide between us?
>>
>>77116361
>most
No, just the nordics. We want a single market so we can sell our products cheaply to the south. Meanwhile, the south gets shafted.
>>
>>77115577
Thanks for the link, but I cant read all of that now. I'm still at work, maybe later.
However, you are talking about legislations regarding the common market here. Yes, ofc Britain would have to abide by rEU laws if they want to export here. No question, but that's true for China and Australia and the US.

So, I'm not exactly sure what your point is. That the EU would have made better laws that could have prevented mad cow disease?
>>
>>77116868
The point is that a common market EU envisions requires all participating members to adopt identical (or, at worst, very smiliar) legislation in order to protect the consumers of the market.

To think that UK withdrawing from the EUwould someonehow not have to abide by EU legislation, or that it could repeal existing EU legislation they have and continue to access the market is moronic.
>>
>>77103747
Actually, only about 45% of British exports are to the EU, and falling fast. A few years ago that figure was 55%.
>>
File: 1445005498508.jpg (21 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445005498508.jpg
21 KB, 500x500
any non muslims welcome lads 2bh
>>
>>77104162
no we wont haha. thats just an argument used to stump the 'leave voters are racist!!!!' people.

the leave campaign is centred around immigration, if we leave we arent going to let in pakis if anyone. its just a good argument and makes Leave seem to be immigration friendly, but we arent
>>
File: 1456784203534.png (67 KB, 181x201) Image search: [Google]
1456784203534.png
67 KB, 181x201
>>77106831
>mfw Muslims getting taqiyya'd by the British
>>
>>77116361
>because most of EU memeber states want not only trade agreement but a single market, which also implies free movement of labour and goods.

>implying
how? What has the single market to do with the freedom of movement?

More generally asked:
Do they really? The only ones who want freedom of labour are the Balkans, the Poles and the Baltics. For very obvious reasons of course. Meanwhile we get overrun. 2015 we had some 250.000 immigrants from the EU, mostly EE. Is it really in our interest to give away the control over who comes to our country? (And this is not even talking about the fugee shit.)
I doubt that and since pro/contra-EU feelings in Germany are about 50/50 right now I'm sure I'm not alone.

Imo, nothing wrong with Croats or Poles coming over here to work for a while, I just don't want to have us have no influence over it. Work visas are fine for that.
>>
>>77117041
>The point is that a common market EU envisions requires all participating members to adopt identical (or, at worst, very smiliar) legislation in order to protect the consumers of the market.
Still don't get it. Are the EU regulations generally better than UK regulations? I would think it's in the UK's best interest to protect their citizens from BSE. What does all that have to do with the EU? Can't they make their own regulations for the British market and abide by other regulations for export?

>To think that UK withdrawing from the EU would someonehow not have to abide by EU legislation, or that it could repeal existing EU legislation they have and continue to access the market is moronic.

And that's exactly what I didn't say, you moron.
>>
File: 1464804646072.png (49 KB, 234x285) Image search: [Google]
1464804646072.png
49 KB, 234x285
>>77118404
Perfideous Albion strikes again!
>>
Guess we'll find out in 10 days. Can't really say much before that. It's unprecedented that a country leaves the EU. I hope it happens. This piece of shit union is stagnating. About time it's reformed or broken.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.