[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the problem with meritocracy? Is there simply too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Big_Think_Pyramid_scramble.jpg (30 KB, 645x397) Image search: [Google]
Big_Think_Pyramid_scramble.jpg
30 KB, 645x397
What's the problem with meritocracy? Is there simply too much corruption and too many jealous degenerates which don't want to recognize potential good in people, for it to ever work properly?
>>
Yes. All people are basically narcissistic. Every action a person takes is to improve their own feelings and nobody elses.
>inb4 projecting
You know I'm not
>>
>>77099490
this, adam smith discovered this basic and fundamental truth

>The invisible hand is a term used by Adam Smith to describe the unintended social benefits of individual actions.
>>
Define "merit."

What makes someone objectively better than someone else, and who is the ultimate arbitrator on ranking people by their "merit?"
>>
>>77099490
I will never understand this selfish feeling of denial, arrogance, dishonesty and destruction.

If you help quality people then they will help you back. What's so hard to understand?

They will help you to improve, to live a better life. But apparently degenerates know that they are incapable of good deeds and prefer instead to promote lazyness, denial, lying, destruction and other immoral things. But why not just take the suicide pill and let quality people live and prosper without any hinderance from you?

It's almost anti-human to be so assbackwardly morally incorrect. Worse than an animal.
>>
>>77100088
thats a naive worldview (I was like that when 18, 19 years old).

Capitalism is a great system, the only problem I have with it is that it doesnt have an upper limit on wealth accumulation. I would set 10 billion tops, and if you have more thant that, it would get taxed with 100% rate
>>
>>77099858
The free market.
>>
>>77099373
Three Problems
>Crabs in a bucket Syndrome: small people pulling those with merit down for [reasons]
>Nepotism: those who achieve merit handing it out to those who have not achieved it, thereby implying that the meritous has actually failed to be merirtorious
>Shit Rolls Downhill: those in meritorious positions leaving those beneath them to handle the weight of responsibility while claiming the merit of being the responsible party

>Problem Four: just because you are capable of achieving merit does not mean you will have the chance to
>>
>>77100777
Ayy, came here to post something like this.
>>
>>77099373
There's nothing wrong with it if you have some infallible god that judges every person's merit.
>>
File: the-crab-mentality.jpg (193 KB, 700x259) Image search: [Google]
the-crab-mentality.jpg
193 KB, 700x259
>>77101254
So I need a power to filter the shit crabs and cut their claws off so others may raise.
>>
>>77101470
that directly translates to creating a more or less "subhuman" class of people based on impulsive behaviors and thoughts

I suppose you could try and reeducate them, but all systems inevitably become corrupted and fail to maintain the ultimate ends they were constructed to promote
>>
>>77101254
If you have an infallible god lying around, might as well name him king, just like our boy Aristotle prescribed.
>>
File: 1463500352249.jpg (40 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1463500352249.jpg
40 KB, 640x628
>capitalism
>meritocracy

Hurr durr my dad got his job through nepotism and then he invested in thing and then thing blew up and then he was rich and then he died and then I inherited his money and then I was rich. Sure feels good to be an Ubermensch.
>>
Well, capitalism made me rich thanks to US greedy corporations and my association with them, so I won't complain. One should leave morals behind if they want to succeed in a capitalist world.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.