[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U.S. Military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 255x198
Hey lads so I made up my mind and I’m 100% sure that I want to serve my country. The only problem is that I’m not sure what branch I want to join. So far I narrowed the list down to the Army or Marine corps, both seem amazing to me. can you guys help me make up my mind?
>>
File: amerifats humiliated.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
amerifats humiliated.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Of course. this webm should help you
>>
>>77049045
Either way you're going to sit at a desk. Enjoy drawing dicks for the next 4 years.
>>
Dont join the marines. They die the most
>>
>>77049183
careful you don't cut yourself on that edge abdul
>>
>>77049772
post about joinning the army? in your country joining the army means that you are fucking stupid and dont know what to do with your life.

just fucking killyourself and save some ppl a little time
>>
>>77049316
Marines die from going into the worst of the fighting. Army faggots die of incompetence.

Which would you rather have?
>>
>>77050046
Right, because it's impossible that the American military has it's own culture to enjoy. No one would eve join the military for any reason other than indecision.

Wall = 10 feet higher
>>
Air force and navy have trades that will immediately translate to good jobs in the civilian world. I went army infantry and there's nothing.
>>
If you want to be able to choose your MOS, go Army. If you want skills that will translate to the civilian world don't go Infantry.
>>
>>77049045
If you have half a brain, you will be fucking miserable in the army or marines. Air Force and Navy are more for people who aren't literal retards.

Not saying that to be mean. It's the truth.
>>
>>77049045
>The only problem is that I’m not sure what branch I want to join.

Branch doesn't matter as much as what MOS you choose.
Do you want a desk job? Do you want to be a truck driver or mechanic, helicopter pilot or a grunt?
This determines what you do every fucking day, and who you work with, and where you do it.
>>
>>77050238
>I learned about the military from CoD
>>
Air Force if you want the best life, Marines if you want to feel important to helping the US.
>>
>>77049183
Obligatory roach.
>>
>>77051915
>Suggesting Chair force
Most of them don't do shit.
>>
>>77049045
Muhreens
>look the best
>are the best
First to fight, proud tradition, long and distinguished service record. Officers get the Mameluke sword and NCOs get a pretty neat saber too. Their dress uniforms are objectively the best looking. Only downside is you might get stuck with a MEU and have to go sail around the world visiting far off exotic countries with navy fags for 3 months at a time.
>>
>>77049045
>>>/k/
>>
File: 1462506138334.jpg (79 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1462506138334.jpg
79 KB, 450x450
This thread is DoD propaganda.

t. army enlisted and it's fucking rad. Air Assault soon.
>>
for the love of god join the national guard.

Unless you want to go high speed, ranger danger, etc. there is no reason to join the military during peacetime. National guard has basically all the same benefits and most civies see the uniform and respect you anyways
>>
File: mex-flag-shit-copy.jpg (58 KB, 402x195) Image search: [Google]
mex-flag-shit-copy.jpg
58 KB, 402x195
>>77050046
Fine military you have José .
>>
File: frank on joining the army.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1230) Image search: [Google]
frank on joining the army.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1230
>dying for israel
>>
>>77049183
when's this from?
>>
>>77052186
Reserves > guard

But active > all
>>
>>77051639
i would like to work in embassies, and the marine corps embassy guard seems really interesting. but i wouldn't mind doing infantry or armor
>>
>>77049045
Marines if you wanna be badass. Hoorah brother
>>
>>77051999
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>77052350
>Cleaning rocks all day because your unit has no money and nothing to do
>>
>>77052186
there is no way reserves are better than guard

national guard gives state benefits in addition to federal.

the only reason to go reserves is if you want to go civil affairs because i'm pretty sure thats only available for reservists
>>
>>77049045
You should probably reconsider the Army. It is definitely not what it used to be and has "adjusted" to the new generation of pussies. Basic training is on a 6th grade level, and they are considering reducing the length to 8 weeks, and removing shooting time, along with removing the grenade toss, NIC @ night, m203 / AT-4 training, and some other extras. Chain of command is broken as fuck. Also, instead of smoking the shit outta the troublemaking lower enlisted, NCOs are no longer allowed to do that, and instead will push paperwork in their faces with counselings and articles which hurts their future and at the same time they learn nothing from it.

TL;DR, go into the Marines. Maybe they still have their shit together. The new army is fucking sad.
>>
>>77049045
Join the Navy then become a SEAL

Or Army then become a Ranger. Or a Recon Marine.
>>
>>77049045
Army, reach as high as you can, but seriously good stuff in the Navy also, Air Force is dope too.

I would Go Air Force, Navy then Army but thats me.
>>
>>77049045
Join the navy. Get on a boat, travel, see the world, and you will more than likely get put on something that will train you for the outsider world like engineering or something. Navy really is the best way to go.
>>
>>77052358
I don't know anything about the Marines, but if you can't get into the MOS you want, don't go in.
If you were to choose the Army you might like being in Armored Reconnaissance, or a scout. Do not go Infantry.
>>
>>77052560
Sounds like a junior enlisted problem

Not my forte
>>
>>77052186
this was meant for >>77052350
>>
>>77050046
good point the Mexican military is a lot better as it leads to lucrative private sector cartel jobs
>>
>>77052595
Isn't the guard's budget the first thing to be cut in each state when budget cuts happen?
>>
>>77053225
tha'ts usually education m8
>>
>>77052560
>Cleaning rocks
>Not getting death by the same 10 powerpoints in a classroom huffing hand sanitizer to stay awake
>>
>>77049045
Army you get promoted quicker, Air Force is more cushy but the trade-off is promotions (i.e. more pay) are slower.
>>
>>77049045
Dude if you want to serve this nation, go join the park service and help protect something really worth you time. Don't fight for the ZOG machine.
>>
>>77053687
Ignore the trip, it's accidentally got left in
>>
>>77049045
Navy, good post tour connections, plus the tech skills you get out of it.
>>
>>77052710
That's like saying work a McDonalds and become CEO of Apple.
>>
>>77050046
http://www.indexmundi.com/factbook/compare/mexico.united-states/military
Link for you, Paco. At least we don't have drug hounds fight our wars for us, you wetback cocksucker.
>>
>>77054255
HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT
>>
>>77054541
REAL BAD
>>
>>77051359
Former marine. Can confirm. Air Force has the best food and the easiest PFTs. Would recommend. 4 years is a long time anon.
>>
If I was in your position, I would go with the Army just because being a Marine is overrated. Try something a bit different. Jusy my oversimplified take on it.
>>
>>77049045
>serve my country.
you mean join the military right?
>>
>>77049045

Just go Army. They have all the jobs you could possibly want and the marines get shit on by uncle sam.

I live in a military town so between all my friends and family I've had a ton of info shared with me regarding all branches. Not that it means anything per se but in all honesty every single marine I know hates it
>>
>>77049045
Marines is harder, but you'll stay in shape and score more puss (or ass for fags). Army is easier, and it's so large that they can't keep track of anyone so you can get away with shit.
>>
>>77049045
N A V Y
U
K
E
>>
>>77049045
Marines or btfo
>>
>>77049045
1 post by this ID sage.
>>
>>77052598
/k/ here just went through basic at Jackson. Us pogs didn't get any training on AT4s at all, only the guy with the highest rifle qual got to shoot a live 203 round, and only the people who were assigned 240s for the last FTX got any meaningful training on them and even then they only fired blanks.
Not even done AIT and I already regret joining.
I do have the opportunity to try out for airborne or rangers, anyone with experience? Is it worth it? Please tell me there's fewer shitbags.
>>
>>77054255
The current CEO of Wells Fargo use to work in a bakery. Really makes you think......
>>
>>77057508
Holy shit me too! My company didn't even do urban combat training or combatives.
>>
>>77059183
We did combatives thankfully, our drill sergeants were pretty gung-ho about that. We only had one day of urban combat training though, I got the feeling it was just to kill time.
If you don't mind, what battalion were you in?
>>
>>77052767
isn't that the most dangerous branch?

if i had to go in i'd ask to operate drones
>get to be comfy with mountain dew and xbox controller
>gun down hajis from 1000 miles away

vidya experience is probably a plus here too
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.