[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright Aussies who you voting for this election and why? No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: tweed-coast.jpg (150 KB, 1174x740) Image search: [Google]
tweed-coast.jpg
150 KB, 1174x740
Alright Aussies who you voting for this election and why?
No generic responses please, address actual policies not party bias.
>>
Labor mate I think people should have free education and that
>>
>>76912119
Actually Labor are cutting $5 billion to higher education.
>>
Liberal democrats in the upper house, as always.

I don't know about the lower house, I might vote labor last just to ensure they can't get my vote. I'm in a greens/labor contested area and the politician the greens candidate threw the state election for (he had more votes) just resigned out of incompetence. Labor are a really bad party supported by the fact they're already popular.

>>76912119
There's no such thing as free education, just redistributed funds.
>>
>>76912448
What is is about the Liberal Democrats that appeals to you the most? I want a thread addressing actual policies if possible.
>>
>>76912683
Simpler tax, fiscal conservation, also they're the only party vaguely libertarian which appeals to me. Leyonhelm is against wasting money on liberal arts, for instance. I doubt he believes affirmative action is a good idea either.

To be honest my biggest gripe against them is that they're cosmopolitan libertarian, not nationalistic libertarian. The brilliant argument against cosmopolitan libertarianism is UAE, is what they're doing actually fair?

In that issue I prefer family first, the only party with anything resembling protectionism. Unemployment is huge here and importing more competition isn't going to import anything except higher standards, making it even more difficult to get a job.

My biggest personal issue is that I've been trained for skills that it's bigoted for me to use, because the intersection of more women in STEM and more minorities in STEM is an exclusionary message and is absolutely not inclusionary. Basically, what HR sees when they read this, especially in left wing Melbourne is:
>don't hire white men in STEM
So my talents are squandered.

>>76912446
Likely to curb sociology and courses ending with "studies."
>>
>>76913317
Thank you very interesting. To be perfectly honest I haven't looked at this party or it's policies before, and at least on the surface they do seem to be a pretty good option.

I want to see a tonne of Independent parties and members in this year. The two major parties have become increasingly cooperative and it would be great to shake things up in my humble opinion. ASP, Xenophon, Wilikie, and some greens members will be getting my vote. But you have given me something to think about with a few preferences towards LD's.
>>
Are there any parties that will stop china buying your country?
>>
>>76912057
Voting Greens. It is time to move this country into the future. Am so sick of all the reactionary bullshit, lies, and the skewing of everything in favour of the very rich.
>>
>>76912057

Might vote for NXT in the Senate, I'm just going to write MAGA on my House of Reps ballot, safe Liberal seat.
>>
File: images (13).jpg (26 KB, 380x255) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
26 KB, 380x255
>>76914150
>>76914535
Don't vote Greens. They're the very Marxist who think my misery is a form or correcting some perceived injustice. Independents can be nice, but the ones here are mostly Marxists, it is Melbourne after all.

Think of it like this, Australia has always had a problem with tall poppy syndrome and now, with the introduction of identarian politics, has come to be applied against entire demographics even before individuals have had time to become successful. Is this fair?

This is why you shouldn't vote Greens, because their answer is yes. They'll throw an important seat just because they'd rather see a woman with it than a man. This is the kind of politics you're voting for with Greens, is this how Australia should be run? When having a vagina is more important than the popular vote or merit?
>>
>>76915368
From my viewpoint, no party is perfect which is why it is good to have variety. Variety, much like mixing colours in a painting, paint a whole new picture. I think the Greens do bring an important energy into Parliament, and do create opposition where Labor and Liberal don't.
>>
>>76912057
That pics old anon.
>>
>>76912057
Voting Labor in my electorate as I'm in Wills and it might actually fall to the greens.

Labor in the upper house as:
>may help deflate the property bubble rather than keep pumping away
>won't pass the cuts to corporate tax for large businesses, which won't do anything to increase GNI but will reduce revenue according to most modelling.
>Increased funding for schools.

Both parties actually have pretty similarly placed policies desu, the ones above are what makes me swing. If either party had a plan to help curb the long run deficit I might be convinced to vote for them but they don't.
>>
>>76915705
The Greens are only good for having a voice in the climate change debate, and they fucked that up last time they held the balance of power anyway so I don't trust them with that anymore.

Every other policy field they discuss they are either hopelessly out of their depth or intentionally ignorant, I'm not sure which really.
>>
>>76912057
i don't vote. Never have.
>>
>>76915705
No, they don't, they typically follow labor on all social issues.

>>76915987
Environmentalism should come from the voice of the people, I'm yet to see an environmentally conscious party that doesn't come stapled with questionable Marxist views.

Please don't vote Greens.

Get your diversity in the upper house with liberal democrats.
>>
>>76914476
>parties deleted
>>
>>76916003
Cheers. Gives my vote more weight.
>>
Just another thought re the Greens, we really should be getting on board with increased green energy manufacturing. The countries that have invested are making a lot of money both from exports, large increases in the job sectors, and a LOT of money being saved on resource costs. The Greens will push this hard, no doubt. Libs have been pushing against green energy, and might I just remind everyone they pre-signed the TPP which is going to fuck us longterm. Labor haven't even mentioned it, which is extremely disappointing.
>>
>>76916561
No America, this isn't about you.
>>
>>76916688
Not American, but i will be back in time to vote.
>>
>>76916649
>we really should be getting on board with increased green energy manufacturing
Absolutely, but they have really shitty ideas about it.
Solar is a massive waste, wind isn't efficient enough (though each home should have a small wind generator), and geothermal is too sparse.
Nuclear or thorium is the real green answer we should be pursuing, but the Green Party retards conflate nook-u-lar with Chernobyl.
>>
>>76917065
Wait wait wait...
How the hell can you dismiss Solar, Wind and (well fair enough) geothermal so easily.
If you think wind is ineffective you obviously haven't visited Western Australia. It is windy there pretty much all the time. And gee Sun, in Australia? lol. Anyways yeah so I disagree.

Thorium is a bit better than Nuclear sure, but it isn't just Chernobyl. Look at Japan... have you been following with exactly how bad that spill really is? The coast of the USA is being highly irradiated even now, fish and whales going sterile, Algae blooms are being affected.

The Blue-Green Algae blooms coming off the amazon basin make up 1/3 of the plants Oxygen supply.

It just is not worth the risk hey. Not where there are plenty of great alternatives already being made and utilized.
>>
>>76912057
Shooters & Fishers
>muh guns
Exactly
>>
>>76917065
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Z2wX6avGs
>>
>>76917489
>How the hell can you dismiss Solar
Because of the effectiveness of panels, the cost, and the amount of resources used in making them. It's not about the amount of sunlight, we just have better choices.
>If you think wind is ineffective you obviously haven't visited Western Australia
I'm not disputing the usefulness of wind farms in general. Only for their placement in Australia. Just not effective.
>but it isn't just Chernobyl.
It really is. Chernobyl was forced to happen, and Fukushima was just as bad. It took an earthquake and tsunami to damage it. We wouldn't need to put stations somewhere so precarious.
>It just is not worth the risk hey.
It really isn't a risk. The one in Sydney has been chugging along well for decades. New ones would be better still.
>>
>>76917694
So you think they will bring back guns faster than Liberal Democratic party?
>>
>>76917759
http://bze.org.au/media/newswire/australia-wind-power-already-cheaper-fossil-fuels-and-solar-right-behind-130211

Well there goes your argument, right?

You know they recently proposed and are forcing a nucleur waste dumping ground, right on traditional landholders sacred land in S.A.

Naturally they are very upset to the point of tears. Wind doesn't have waste we need to bury.
>>
>>76912057
will be paying the fine. fuck pollys. maybe i'll go draw a dick on the ballet paper.
>>
>>76918034
Just tick a bunch of independents if you don't want to take responsibility and make an effort like an adult.
>>
Labor, because why wouldn't i vote for this sick cunt
>>
>>76917948
>Well there goes your argument, right?
Not really. It doesn't say where the farms are going. They take up a lot of space for both, and if you hadn't noticed, Australia is quite big. Transmission loss is a thing, otherwise it'll be taking up useful land. One nuclear station would be far more effective, greener, and cheaper (given that we have plenty of our own uranium) than the rest.
>You know they recently proposed and are forcing a nucleur waste dumping ground, right on traditional landholders sacred land in S.A.
Meh?
>>
>>76916328
youre scaring me desu lad

ESCAPE THE RED MENACE
>>
>>76917806
No LDP in my electorate
>>
Probably going to vote for ALA in the Senate, although I might swing towards One Nation because I think Pauline Hanson will have a harder time getting into the Senate than any of the ALA candidates

I live in Malcolm Turnbull's electorate so my Lower House vote doesn't count
>>
I am a Research Engineer and LNP is actually moving money into that area instead of dumping everything into digging rocks out of the ground. This policy benefits me so I will vote for them.

I agree with their immigration policy (I think it should be harsher but I believe it will gradually get harsher) as the LNP realizes it needs more support from conservatives. I also hope that their socially conservative ideals extend to gay marriage.
>>
>>76918372
LNP are cuckservatives, the immigration intake is fucking huge as it is

Immigration will only ever increase under major parties

Why don't you vote for an actual conservative party? Family First, ALA, One Nation, Christian Democrats?
>>
>>76918347
>I live in Malcolm Turnbull's electorate so my Lower House vote doesn't count
Damn shame. Would love to see the republican puppet out on his arse.
>>
>>76912057
Angry Anderson
Bloke is red pilled
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.