[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walmart will stop accepting Visa due to unaccetably high fees
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: walmart.jpg (27 KB, 593x339) Image search: [Google]
walmart.jpg
27 KB, 593x339
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/walmart-canada-visa-1.3630956

Will Walmart finally end Visa and MasterCard's reign of terror?

Credit card processors charge between 2.5~3.5% transaction fee on the merchants, even those in businesses with exceptionally low margins (gas stations get about 4%~5% margin on fuel, there's barely anything left after paying the fees to card companies).

While better computers led to lower IT costs and better fraud detection for the card networks, the transactions fees have actually increased over the past 20 years, indicating the card networks are now extracting rent from merchants using their market dominance.
>>
I use cash for everything anyway, I feel weird using a card it's like your money isn't there. When I use cash I just feel like I'm not going to waste it as much
>>
>>76908468
another thing about using Cards is no matter how safe you might think they are, theirs still numerous ways thieves can get the info they need and even worse companies that'll fight you tooth and nail to reimburse you any fraudulent charges
>>
All my cards are Visa.
Looks like they just lost a "customer."

I work there but only shop there if I need one or two things when I get off work.
>>
>>76908630
If you can't afford something don't buy it. Most people don't seem to understand this these days
>>
>>76908843
>not using a card for the rewards and paying it off every month
>>
Around here, only the dirty mexicans, niggers, and white trash shop at Wal-Mart

Now, Target, that's a high class store.
>>
>>76908979
They might be fine there but the rewards are garbage here I can't see any reason to own a credit card when I can use my bank card to purchase stuff online.
>>
>>76908979

>Oh to be 16

I remember when I was young and thought that I was actually getting ahead by doing that.

Please don't be that stupid.
>>
File: 1417390237348.jpg (9 KB, 240x250) Image search: [Google]
1417390237348.jpg
9 KB, 240x250
>op being a click baiting faggot leaving out the "walmart canada" part
>>
>>76908468
>>76908630
We're switching to digital currency, you can't fight the future
>>
I use my debit card as credit or else the bank charges me to use it as debit.
Is this why?
The money comes directly from my account.
>>
File: 1465704658338-1941773519.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1465704658338-1941773519.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>tfw haven't carried cash in years

Walmart would be fucking stupid to go through with this
>>
>>76909092
I bet you pronounce it "tar-zhay" too.
>>
>>76909404
No, bank charges you fee every time you use debit because it can get away with it.

They also charge the merchant between 7 and 25 cents to process your debit card purchase payment. This is why many small stores won't accept debit cards for purchases less than $5.
>>
>>76909309
What about his statement leads you to believe that there is not an inherent advantage to making your purchases that way?

If you're implying that not a single person on this earth is capable of the discipline necessary to maintain this spending strategy I'm afraid you are likely projecting and also most certainly butthurt in the most traditional manner

ps improper use of memearrow fuckstick
>>
>>76906874
i don't go to walmart anymore anyways because they're always out of the things i went there to buy
>>
>>76908468
then you end up with a bunch of coins in your pockets
>>
>>76909537
85% of their business is ebt and employee spending
>>
>>76908650
>I work there
Sounds like you make them more money than you ever would by purchasing stuff.
>>
>>76909594
only faggots do that
>>
>>76909601
Do they really charge to use debit there? Why?
>>76909654
We don't have pennies anymore and I need change for the laundry anyway
>>
>>76909309
If I'm going to buy a tank of gas, groceries, ammo, beer etc. I can pay with cash and get nothing. or I can pay with my card, get cash back and get it reported as a positive on my credit report when I pay it off. You're not losing anything if you're using the card like an extension of your wallet. Sorry you don't have any self control bro.
>>
>>76909865
That no pennies nonsense is just a thinly veiled way to screw you out of money in the long term.
>>
>>76909865
>Do they really charge to use debit there? Why?

Because they can.

Banks spent decades conditioning people it's okay to be charged a fee to use debit.
>>
File: 1465705039124536573166.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1465705039124536573166.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>76909740
The latter so much is true. I only shop here out of convinience and because of muh 10% discount

>>76909780
I spend most of my paycheck here anyways tbhfam
>>
>>76906874
I don't have a credit card. I used to have one and it was hell. I gave that up. I manage my money better now. Also, I have a reloadable one if I need to get something online.
>>
>>76906874
makes sense, only old people and minorities shop there
>>
>>76909982
My debit only charges a monthly fee if my account has less than $1k in it.
>>
>>76909982
Fucking bullshit is what it is.
At the very least, there should be no fee for using a debit machine distributed by your bank. That way they can all compete with one another by getting their bankers to shop at competing businesses.
But that would make too much sense for the jews, I'm sure.
>>
>>76910125
>having interest/ preferred checking when you aren't financially sound enough to not have to ever worry about maintaining the minimum balance

kek, I bet you have an Amex card and don't travel, too.
>>
>>76909740
I'm not entirely sure but fairly confident that Canada does not have this type of welfare system

This is Walmart Canada we are talking about so its likely that this will not affect bottom line

Does the USA EBT system use the Visa payment network? I actually find that kind of hard to believe
>>
>>76909952
This isn't the first time in history lower value coins are taken out of circulation.
>>76909982
I use debit for small things when all I have is a $20 and just want to buy a bottle of water or something I couldn't imagine having to pay a fee for that
>>
>>76909905

This. Build Dat credit score
>>
>>76910347
>Caring about your credit score

I have a bunch of medical bills I'm never going to pay, who cares
>>
>>76908650
fuck you man fuck your right in your ass

>"looks like they just lost a customer herp derp"
you faggots are the absolute worst because you never actually do it you just scream it as loud as possible to get what you want its your mini temper tantrum.

go choke on giant cock

and no you dont actually work in retail as you would know how much of a faggot people like you are you bloated windbag
>>
>>76909608
>>76909905
>>76910347

It's not about self control, which is very easy to exercise, albeit most people fail to do so.

I too was like you fools: "oh I just have to be responsible", until I realized that in the long run you don't win with banks.

Do you really think a bank is going to give you free money just for the method in which you pay?

Money yes, but free?

Hence the flashback to when I was 16.
>>
>>76910770
doesn't that money come from interest charged on people who don't pay in full
>>
>>76910770
I've traveled around the world in the last few years using credit card reward points I got through sign-up bonuses

Clearly I'm losing a lot of money though :(
>>
>>76910770
>mattress stuffer
>free money

Listen - interest rates may be at historical lows but money paid to you by a bank is not "free" it represents the fee payable to you by the bank for lending it your money.

In the context of credit cards this anon here >>76910956
is right - the advantages for those with discipline are more than paid for by the fools that carry a balance every month
>>
>>76911085
If you already travel a lot, you will reap awesome rewards with travel cards.

If you travel just to take advantage of your rewards, yeah you're going to spend more $$.

It's about finding the card that fits you and your spending habits. Blue Cash Everyday is a great card or the average person.

Don't be one of those fags who gets an Amex Platinum to wave around when they pay for dinner at Outback Steakhouse to look upper class.
>>
>>76910770
I get 2% cash back on all purchases. I've literally never missed a payment and treat my mastercard as a debit. I save 10 bucks a month by having no transactions on my debit card account type.

I think you're just retarded and can't do math when buying things.
>>
>>76906874
No they won't. Do you know how much business they would lose?
>>
>Will Walmart finally end Visa and MasterCard's reign of terror?

Walmart offers a Walmart-brand Mastercard

This isn't about Visa's fees, it's about wanting to force customers to use their brand of credit card so they can make even more money
>>
>>76909537
The breakpoints are so fucking boring. No one goes into mine
>>
>>76913166
They just installed a TV in mine where they play Andy Griffith on repeat all day.
>>
>>76906874

>Canada

Literally who cares
>>
>>76913430
You, too? Ours is satellite because, you know, fuck giving associates something of actual worth. The connection always gets interrupted.
>>
>>76908468
>>76909384

I have never owned a credit card in my life i pay for everything with cash.
>>
This could explain the EBT crisis somehow...i belive thse cashbacks are a scam to depend on us.

also if walmart isnt a visa fan then...well he gunna lose customers
>>
>>76913902

I laugh at you faggots buying everything with cash while I get a permanent 5% discount on everything I purchase since I use my credit card for everything and it's a cash back rewards card. All of you shitters with no credit paying full price while I have a discount on every single thing I buy and my credit score is incredible. I've never missed a payment and never payed interest since I pay it off before its due. Get good faggots.
>>
>>76913816
Yep. Ours has a DVD player. Every now and then someone puts something else in, like tonight it was The Expendables, but it's almost always Andy Griffith season 1.
>>
>>76910956
It also comes from selling your personal information.
>>
>>76910770
I usually cash my points in at the end of the year for about $300-$500 in debit gift cards. I use it for work and get reimbursed.

The money is not free, it's thanks to idiots who keep paying massive interest fees. People who pay off their credit card balance without paying interest are basically getting money from stupid people. My credit score hovers around 800 thanks to having lines of credit and consistently paying them off.

Also there's no real time-value-of-money issues because you're going to buy things anyways and it's a relatively short term between payments.

The only shitty things about cards is that you basically pay more for the item from a business because they have to mark-up items to compensate for the 3%+ charge.
>>
>>76914237
Wtf. We never got a DVD player. Fuck corporate, man. They're so fucking retarded. I swear. You never hear from them unless they do something stupid
>>
>>76914710
Yeah. Corporate is such bullshit. they always call our store saying someone is coming for a walkthrough and the ASM's freak out and get the store perfect and no one ever shows up. You think they'd learn by now. They did it last Sunday morning saying the Regional VP was on his way, yeah, like someone that high up is working on Sunday.

It's funny cause when they do show up, they're super nice to the associates but scream at the managers in the Ad office.
>>
>>76914881
That happened two weeks ago. The regional was supposed to visit but only went to 3 stores in the area. We fucking cleaned EVERYTHING, too
>>
>>76915103
>>76914881
I used to work at a walmart, it was fucking awful.

the CAP teams get the worst fucking gig in the store. We got paid the least and did the most work. At my new job, I make $2 more than I made at walmart and I honestly do like 1/4th the work.
>>
>>76915327
They never shut up about the cap team on the intercom. It's like, holy shit, give those guys a break
>>
>>76915511
Management was honestly the main reason I left, we told them how we needed more people, and we would do our best until we got them, but still every night they would yell at us for not getting the work of 15 men done with out 4-6 people.

The worst part is, we would honestly try our best, we really wanted to get the job done before we went home, but there is only so much a small team can do.
>>
>>76915932
I'm thinking about leaving because the CSMs are a bunch of crybabys. They made me a greeter because they don't have enough, and the CSMs are always yelling at me for something. How about they put their own damn sticker on the returns? Holy shit
>>
>>76913079
MasterCard might be offering better deals to large retailers.

American Express used to be the only credit card Costco accepted (other than their own), but they dumped AmEx in favor of MasterCard recently.

Walmart could be playing hard ball to get Visa to match the deal MasterCard gave them.
>>
>>76906874
reeeeeeeeeeeee
it's real
I'm fucking done with Walmart
>>
>>76906874
>>76912800

>>76912671
>>
>>76908979
>>76909905
>>76910347
>>76911266
>>76912834
>>76914435

Not trolling or intentionally being rude but you're all retarded or live in a fantasy land.

Do you not realize that banks have teams of dozens of actuaries and analysts devoted only to "cashback" or "rewards" schemes?

That's what they are - schemes - and the banks do not care for you. They do not offer that as a reward or a token of appreciation, they offer it because suckers like you will fall right for it and continue to play into their pocket.

I went to UCSB for actuarial science and witnessed this first hand during my first few years in the workforce (BoA).
>>
>>76917139
> "cashback" or "rewards" schemes
Explain this pls
>>
i use cards because online purchasing is hard to do without credit and most goes there. i like to spend cash otherwise.
>>
File: 20160609_050648.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160609_050648.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>76915932
We're having to send a quarter of our overnight people to another store due to a remodel since apparently there aren't enough people aren't passing drug test/ background check which creates the usual shortages and me doing my usual working off the clock thing in order to get everything done because the FOB kebab and nigger cant get anything done when I'm off for my two days.

>>76915327
Congrats in getting out. I don't see myself doing the same because no other place will match anywhere near close to what I make now ($15/hr) since I don't have a GED and being in my 30s it's too late to start anything now. Don't forget: you're here forever.

>>76914881
I laugh my ass off when it's believed any of the higher ups are working on Thanksgiving for the yearly black "friday" evvent, regardless of what higher up says on a news segment.
>>
>>76914052
Making the minumum payments on time doesn't build your credit as fast though.
Also Cards systems can be prone to failure, I was in Walmart the other night and they announced that the EBT benefits were down and the whole store turned into a ghost town.
You don't run into those problems with cash.
>>
>>76909384
Is it really going to make it better?
>>
>>76909594
No, Tar-Jay
>>
>>76906874

No big deal. I mostly pay cash anyways. While I do transfer my forex winnings to a mastercard, I can always just use it at an atm and withdraw the money from there if need be.
>>
>>76906874
I've had about $80 in gift cards since the beginning of the year, Savings Catcher helps.

Since you pay a fee for pre-paid Visa cards, I doubt there is a fee for the stores you use it, but who knows.
>>
>>76918888
there is always a fee. if it is run thru the machine the store is charged. amex and discover are the worse at taking money from businesses. plus these fees are your rewards. nobody in their right mind is going to take money from there pocket and put it in yours but they will take it from somebody else and keep a little for themselves. the consumer is so clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.
we should discuss how your interest rate gets bumped on a credit approval sometime.
>>
>>76917139
>I went to UCSB
Are you also a supreme gentleman?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.