[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Google Autocomplete hides "Clinton Indictment"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: clinton_indictment.png (70 KB, 1463x663) Image search: [Google]
clinton_indictment.png
70 KB, 1463x663
If you search for "Hillary i" you get "Hillary indictment".

If you search "Clinton i", indictment isn't in any of the choices. Nor, is it in any of the choices for "Clinton ind".

Because indictment shows up for "Hillary i" it is assumed "indictment" is not an offensive term. Yet, if you look at the monthly searches, you will see that "Clinton indictment" is in second place to "Hillary indictment".

Try it yourself, you will never get the phrase "Clinton indictment", the closest you get is "Clinton indictments". This leads me to believe that Google subtly censors specific targeted search queries from autocomplete.
>>
>>76903784
Another one I found tonight.

"Hillary Clinton Election Fraud"

Will not pop up in autocomplete on Google, top autocomplete on Bing
>>
This doesn't mean anything.

Google just reflects what its users do.

Want "clinton indictment" to be at the top? Have people search for it over the other results.
>>
Supposedly google removes "offensive" terms from autocomplete. However, what terms are offensive is questionable.
>>
File: 1427299021803.jpg (8 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1427299021803.jpg
8 KB, 200x200
>>76903784
>If you search for "Hillary i" you get "Hillary indictment".
lets check the raw api results to see if you're telling the truth
if it shows up there, but not on the actual search page, then they really are hiding it

https://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar&q=Hillary%20i

kek, well shit, i guess its true
>>
>>76904048
If you look at the graphic, Clinton Indictment is second to Hillary Indictment in monthly searches.
>>
I see you read Drudge yesterday.
>>
>>76904048
>Google just reflects what its users do.

You can use their trend tools so prove that what they offer for autocomplete is far below more popular but less favorable searches.
>>
File: Cksv89NVAAAd5no.jpg (86 KB, 1325x874) Image search: [Google]
Cksv89NVAAAd5no.jpg
86 KB, 1325x874
>>76904420
Ad words Keyword look up and show you monthly searches, but Trends corroborates "Clinton Indictment" strangely missing.
>>
>>76904098
>If you search for "Hillary i" you get "Hillary indictment".
>If you search "Clinton i", indictment isn't in any of the choices. Nor, is it in any of the choices for "Clinton ind".
Please read the post.
>>
>>76904705
The tool also shows the bias

Compare :

https://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar&q=hillary%20i

Indictment is in 4 separate queries

vs.

https://suggestqueries.google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar&q=clinton%20i

0 queries have indictment
>>
I dont know if i can keep eating these redpills

Im about to fucking transcend
>>
I type "Hillary Clinton killed five" and it does not complete with "hookers." Proof that Google is rigging the election for Hillary.
>>
>>76905139
We don't know how their search prediction algorithm works, there might be some shady shit going on or it might just be the way their search predict works.
What we can argue for is that google is for some reason giving priority to lower popularity searches in their suggestions but again we don't know exactly how the search predict works.
Hillary vs Clinton showing different suggestions is not bias it's just different search terms therefore different results.
>>
>>76905933
>Hillary vs Clinton showing different suggestions is not bias it's just different search terms therefore different results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFxFRqNmXKg

They wrote an addendum in the description in regards to Google's response

>"Google Autocomplete does not favor any candidate or cause. Claims to the contrary simply misunderstand how Autocomplete works. Our Autocomplete algorithm will not show a predicted query that is offensive or disparaging when displayed in conjunction with a person’s name. More generally, our autocomplete predictions are produced based on a number of factors including the popularity of search terms."

Because "hillary i" brings up "hillary indictment", this means that "indictment" is not an "offensive or disparaging" term. Furthermore, if you look at the popularity in the images uploaded earlier, "clinton indictment" beats the popularity of all the terms.

So clearly, Google is not telling us the entire story in regards to the algorithm.
>>
>>76906636
Their justification seems accurate. They hide anything negative about Trump as well until it's obvious what you're trying to type.
>>
>>76906816
Except they don't hide "Hillary indictment", but they do hide "Clinton indictment".
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.