[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GERMAN LOST TERRITORY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: germanempire.png (3 KB, 238x211) Image search: [Google]
germanempire.png
3 KB, 238x211
GERMANS, Do people still talk about your lost territories today? Is it taboo? Is there any desire among any significant portion aside from neo-nazi edgelords to take back said territory or do you feel no regret and that losing it was justified? Also, is there any desire among Germans to unite with Austria or the Swiss-speaking Germans today or is this something that would gain no degree of support anymore?
>>
>>76890748
We are secretly coordinating with Indonesia to take back our colonies from Australia and New Zealand. But don't tell anyone, Straya! :^)
>>
^ Actually I believe we gave New Guinea independence back in the 1970s. Just as well too, they were high level savage. Even worse than the barbarous Indonesian hut dwellers!
>>
>>76890748

I liked the interwar borders better desu
>>
Nobody cares.
>>
>>76890748
>GERMANS, Do people still talk about your lost territories today?
Yes. Mostly it's jokes but there are also expatriate organizations that get little to no attention and a lot of laughs. The displaced didn't have a good standing when they were forced to Germany. My grandmother advised my uncle from marrying a certain girl in town because of her family being refugees and "they have nothing".

>Is it taboo?
Mentioning it is not taboo.

>Is there any desire among any significant portion aside from neo-nazi edgelords to take back said territory or do you feel no regret and that losing it was justified?
No. Nobody cares about it now and nobody cared about it back then after the Great War. If Keynes wouldn't have been so adamant about Danzig there could have been a clean cut a long time ago but this half-baked approach is what actually caused grievance.
Some of the Polish claims at Paris were preposterous for sure but who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have them in Deutschland anyway? Idiots like Bismarck that waged a war against other Germans just to include millions of foreigners. I can't condone what the Eastern Europeans are doing to the German remains in those countries though. Disgracing and destroying memorials when there are private groups offering to maintain them seems uncultivated.

>Also, is there any desire among Germans to unite with Austria or the Swiss-speaking Germans today or is this something that would gain no degree of support anymore?
There is no chance to that as the reeducation has been pretty effective in terms of separating the Austrians from the Germans in all historical regards. There was a big outrage on both sides when a German TV show included Mozart among the greatest Germans. I can't think of anyone regarding the Swiss as Germans.
>>
>>76891492
We know you don't give a fuck, Ahmed.

>>76890748
>Is there any desire among any significant portion aside from neo-nazi edgelords to take back said territory
What for? To flood it with refugees?

>Also, is there any desire among Germans to unite with Austria or the Swiss-speaking Germans today
Fuuuuuck no. They can have bavaria, though, so we finally get rid of it.
>>
File: MMpresentsTLOTF.jpg (195 KB, 600x377) Image search: [Google]
MMpresentsTLOTF.jpg
195 KB, 600x377
>>76893460
>They can have bavaria, though, so we finally get rid of it.

I would like Bavaria to secede on its own. Then I can finally secede with my Franconian brothers.
>>
The only good German state was the German Democratic Republic.
>>
File: 1460244338529.jpg (1 MB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1460244338529.jpg
1 MB, 4500x4334
>>76893991
What's the deal with you Franken, anyway? I met exactly one of your kind in real life and you can never shut up about being Franken and somehow hate bavarians, despite of being in bavaria. I don't get it.

P.S.: How's Nürnberg doing? Liking zweite Bundesliga so far?
>>
File: 1458843543638.jpg (112 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
1458843543638.jpg
112 KB, 500x546
>>76890748
> Do people still talk about your lost territories today?
Yes, especially the ones with background. My family is prussian/Schlesian and to this date we visit it ones a year (trachy). Family still hopes it will be german ones again but it kinda changed because of disappointing german leadership. Family considers moving back to Poland.

>Is it taboo?
It´s Germany, why do you even ask?

>? Is there any desire among any significant portion aside from neo-nazi edgelords to take back said territory or do you feel no regret and that losing it was justified?

See above. Everyone with heritage of said terretories wants it back....or not considering the refugees.

>Also, is there any desire among Germans to unite with Austria or the Swiss-speaking Germans today or is this something that would gain no degree of support anymore?

No, that is absolutely done. Even edgy nazis don´t want it. No one even thinks about it in their wildest phantasies, especially because the austrians enjoy their sovereignty.
>>
File: DestroyGermanyNOW.jpg (49 KB, 650x451) Image search: [Google]
DestroyGermanyNOW.jpg
49 KB, 650x451
>>76892998
It´s been a long time since I´ve read such utter bullshit. Congrats you´re a typical centre german loser who´s heritage didn´t accomplish anything besides being auxiliaries for the prussians.
>>
Like this fag said>>76895256 people with routes in lost territories are most certainly drawn to this idea. My mother's family is from a small town near Breslau in Silesia but I think there is a fair amount of Jewish ancestory in them so might as well ignore my opinion.
>>
>>76894566
It's simply separate cultural identities and everybody in South Germany knows it. You get the Franconians and the Badener as splinter group from them, the Swabians and the Bavarians. Now the Franconians were the ones to teach those guys that gathered at the Donau German and cultivated them but over time those Bavarians were the forefront for the Catholic church.
>>
>>76897542
So they got leverage and their kings got fair reign over what was Franken by the byshops basically by purchase. The Swabians on the other hand started to marry their way into the Baden line and snatched up their land through the bedroom that way.

It's all pretty fun stuff because from time to time those animosities boil up and you get some hilarious infighting and betrayal going on. The Baden separate to piss of the Swabians and the Franconians try to egg on the emperor against the Spaniards when the Bavarian king decides to make his whole royal court Spanish. It's really surprising we haven't had some form of genocide between the Donau and the Neckar so far.
>>
>>76898223
Swabians are best Germans.
>>
File: harald-schmidt.jpg (103 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
harald-schmidt.jpg
103 KB, 1000x1000
>>76897542
>>76898223
That's... a lot of beef you got going there.
>>76898568
>mfw
>>
>>76898805
That's not what i uploaded at all, eh fuck this shit.
>>
>>76898805
Success breeds jealousy :^)
>>
File: 1452984573748.jpg (120 KB, 692x773) Image search: [Google]
1452984573748.jpg
120 KB, 692x773
>>76899040
What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>76898805
>That's... a lot of beef you got going there.
It's always fun because everyone has another view and spin on it. I never understood this stuff with the Swedes who could basically walk right up to our town for example but then you realize that each and everyone had their own reasons to side with them or fight them.

This whole EU shit is really stupid when your goal is to take out the German risk. Just let us all return to our own states. That way it's also easier to deal with all those leftist traitors and foreigners. :-)
>>
Germans are glad it's called kaliningrad oblast or don't even know about it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.