[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, i was planning on moving to georgia, but im unsure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (4 KB, 283x177) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 KB, 283x177
Hey /pol/, i was planning on moving to georgia, but im unsure of where exactly.

Im askin /pol/ because the political climate is about 99% of my moving decision. Where i live is filled with overpriced homes and shit tier landlords. Ive saved 4k so far.

Avoid atlanta, obviously, but whats another good city? Any anons currently in georgia?
>>
>>76871985

Anything north of the perimeter except for Norcross and Marietta. Anything off of 400 is fine. Roswell, Milton, Alpharetta, etc.

I live in Holly Springs. I work in Atlanta.
>>
>>76871985
>Where i live is filled with overpriced homes and shit tier landlords

then why are you coming here

What are your political leanings? What sort of lifestyle do you crave? Are you aware that demographically, Georgia will be liberal within 15 years? Do you think "Wisdom, Justice, and Moderation" as a slogan should actually be practiced as guiding principles?

Answer these and I'll help you anon
>>
>>76871985
Tbilisi is a nice town
>>
>>76872274

We won't be liberal for quite some time. Even the Yankee transplants are acquiescing to the views of east Cobb and north Fulton, eg. conservative.
>>
this will give you a county by county breakdown of where all the niggers are which is useful unless of course you're a nigger

http://www.indexmundi.com/facts/united-states/quick-facts/georgia/black-population-percentage#map
>>
>>76872655
Thank god
>>
Where are you moving from? If it's Florida or some north east hell hole, then don't bother. We hate all carpetbaggers and half back snow birds from Florida.
>>
Ah, a thread that I am knowledgeable on. Here are my credentials:

>lived in Georgia outside Atlanta since 1992
>Graduated from the University of Georgia
>have traveled extensively through the south

First off, the climate is absolute shit. From May to September it is regularly 90-100 degrees out with intensely uncomfortable humidity. I cannot even go on a jog outside until after 9pm most days because it is dangerously hot to even be sweating. Kids who attend sports camps during the summer are required to take constant water breaks so they don't pass out and die under the perpetual, blistering Georgia heat. This whole place is like a swamp until you reach the Appalachian mountains. As for the other seasons, Fall lasts about 2 weeks before we segway directly into winter which is a strange purgatory of 60-80 degree afternoons and 30-40 degree evenings, so you walk out the door in a t shirt and shorts but have to put on a jacket as soon as the sun goes down. Spring is quite pleasant, though and lasts about 2 months before the summer heat encapsulates every aspect of your existence.

Moving on past climate, living here is pretty cheap. I live in a suburb southwest of Atlanta near the airport that is very nice and until recently almost 100% white, although ever since we got a Wal Mart the blacks and mexicans are slowly taking over like everywhere else in Georgia.

Atlanta is a hellhole and driving through it for work is one of the worst experiences you can imagine. Our roads and infrastructure were not at ALL adequate for the explosion in Atlanta's population throughout the 90s and 2000s, and today every intersection of the interstates is a gigantic bottleneck clusterfuck that adds 30-40min to your commute if you are ever so unlucky to be near one during rush hour traffic. I truly believe we have the worst planned roads in the country and often find myself planning ways to get out of here just so I never have to deal with the traffic here ever again.

cont.
>>
Also if you're a nigger, don't bother, we hate them all too.
>>
>>76872524
Gwinnett gets more and more liberal by the day, and the rest of Fulton and DeKalb are some of the most liberal regions in the country

I don't think we'll ever see a dominate Democratic stronghold or anything, but we're definitely headed for a balanced legislature/battleground state, and IMHO that's a good thing, because some of the bonkers shit our congress puts up needs more consideration than a rubber stamp
>>
>>76873111
To add.
II was born in California. Now live in central Georgia (Dublin is close if you want to google).
You can buy land for around $1,000 an acre out here.
Gnats suck.
Job market isn't the greatest, but theres enough here.
>>
>>76873111

You sound fucking soft.
>>
>>76873645
And stay away from Atlanta of course.
But its worse than you realize. Had to pull off the main freeway in southern Atlanta to get gas. It says a lot about a city when cashier at 7-11 is behind bullet proof glass.
>>
File: dHOUMAS house Plantation.jpg (41 KB, 590x429) Image search: [Google]
dHOUMAS house Plantation.jpg
41 KB, 590x429
As for politics, I grew up in an extremely conservative, protestant environment, but modern Georgia is increasingly becoming liberal, black, and mexican. It won't be long before the Democrats break the Republican monopoly on the state outside Atlanta simply because the demographics are seeing whites get the hell out of here and blacks/mexicans move into the homes they left behind.

If you truly want to live here, I recommend a suburb-type town to the south of Atlanta. North Atlanta towns like Alpharetta are the wealthiest in the state and where all the super rich corporatists, athletes, actors, and politicians live, but driving anywhere there is an absolute nightmare since our infrastructure cannot possibly cope with the insane amount of people who moved there in the last 20 years. Living to the south of Atlanta has made my life a lot easier since getting around is not as tough.

The further you get outside of Atlanta, the more "southern," traditional, white and republican it gets. You'll start seeing big pick up trucks, then rebel flags, then guns, deep southern accents and all the fun things associated with rednecks, so keep that in mind when you plan just how far outside Atlanta you want to live. There are actually towns here where everyone is southern baptists, alcohol is forbidden in the town's jurisdiction, and people spend tens of thousands of dollars in donations to their church.

Our mix of deep south in the outlying towns and the cosmopolitan nature of Atlanta has made georgia a very diverse state for people who want a taste of every part of the south. I like it for that and consider it the objectively best developed state in the south in all aspects, so come live here if you must come to the south for residence.
>>
>>76873453
fuck Gwinnett. I moved up there for 2 years and said fuck my job and moved back to Douglas. Too many yankees.
>>
>>76873689

I sweat really hard by genetics and hate looking like i just took a shower for 4 months of the year. fuck it if that makes me soft then I am soft
>>
>>76873689
this, born and raised down here, either you like this shit and embrace being hot and sticky (hint: chug water) or you don't.

OP, if you want city livin' but hate the thought of living in/near the only relevant one, Athens, Macon or Savannah would be the next best thing, followed by Rome and Augusta, then southwest shit towns with zero culture last like Columbus, Valdosta, and Albany.

DESU you can't go wrong with anywhere except the southwestern quadrant, basically don't live any where South of LaGrange and East of Macon
>>
>>76872147
30062 here
>tfw cobb chose rubio
>>
>>76871985
Come to Alabama op. We have guns, beautiful women, and a great football team.
>>
>>76873934

Try losing some weight, fat fuck. That's the easiest way to spot a transplant: someone that can't handle the weather. Bitches.
>>
>>76873913
fuck you too
>>
>>76874299
I reckon you live in Hamilton mill you faggot
>>
>>76874138

Heh, my last house was in Cobb. I got the fuck out when they announced the funding deal for the new Braves stadium. Wife was like "it won't get THAT bad". Last week they said their park fund is broke because it went all towards the new stadium. Horrible; Cobb literally has 3 fucking parks.
>>
>>76874441
>implying I have that much money
>>
>>76874444
absolute shithole
all "whites" are secret jews
>>
>>76873839
Thanks for all the info anon.

I am coming from florida, so heat is nothing for me.

I want more white/republican areas which is also partially why im moving.

Im more worried about job economy then anything else. How much do you think i should save before moving?
>>
>>76874662

>job economy

No where else is killing it right now more than Atlanta. Every week I read about some new company relocating to Atlanta in the AJC and bringing hundreds or thousands of jobs.
>>
>>76874278

Lol not fat, just from the midwest where we still actually have 4 consistent, logical seasons. I will admit this weather fucks with me on a primal level though
>>
>>76874444
Quads of truth. Cobb is also following in Gwinnett's footsteps and will be white minority in the next decade as Gwinnett already is. Atlanta tore down all the housing projects so blacks are using their housing vouchers to rent older suburban homes. This fucks up the suburban schools and cause crime to increase. Newer homes in turn see a decline in value, which allows more blacks to move in. People in Cobb who think they're going to magically repel the blackification of the county are going to lose their shirts as home values plunge.

Meanwhile yuppies are gentrifying the ghettos, pushing even more blacks to the suburbs. You need to go pretty far out to avoid this. All the inner counties are fucked but some of those on the edges of the metro will be fine for a while.
>>
Marietta, alpharetta, Roswell, Peachtree corners, johns Creek, sandy springs, Dunwoody, buford, suwanne are all good and close to Atlanta
>>
>>76875091

That's not true. Between 2010 and 2014, Cobbs white population went from 62% of the county population to 64%. White flight from Douglas and Fulton.
>>
>>76874662

you'll want a suburb town, then. Depending on your income, you have options. If you have serious cash, you could move to Peachtree City which is pretty much your idea of a white republican paradise (for now). Otherwise, a town like LaGrange would give you a pretty good environment for cheap while still being near the interstate and Atlanta. I'm not really sure what number to give you financial savings. Maybe other anons can offer advice. Rent here for a single person apartment is usually around $1000 a month, and the housing market is probably pretty similar to Florida
>>
>>76874629
you would of loved it. full of snobby niggers and fags
>>
Brunswick, GA here.
it's ok, lots of darkies but still a deeply red area. decent beaches, cheap homes, relaxed gun laws, etc.
>>
>>76875915
Oh, I know. It was my hometown; I grew up with it.

Where did you live in Gwinnett?
>>
>>76871985
Peachtree city is literally white people land
>>
File: cupix.jpg (46 KB, 864x486) Image search: [Google]
cupix.jpg
46 KB, 864x486
>>76875468
Nice non existent source. Enjoy being culturally enriched while screaming 'Cobb is white! Cobb is white!'. You even have a nigger on your county commission. Not even Gwinnett has one of them yet.
>>
>>76875345
>Marietta
As of the last census, it was only 52% white. Cobb is becoming Atlanta 2.0. Don't screw with OP like that.
>>
>>76871985
If you can handle a big gook population, Gwinnett is the place to go
>>
>>76876797
My bad I thought it was considered good. I haven't been over that way much. I live in gwinette which is a decent place but not the best. Close to work tho so it works for me
>>
Come live in Stockbridge anon, this shithole.... I mean paradise is lovely
>>
>>76876547
And there are golf carts everywhere
>>
>>76871985
Avoid South Fulton, South Dekalb, and Clayton Counties.

South Georgia is pretty based, but the economy there sucks. Metro Atlanta is where you'll probably end up. Just remember that anywhere you move in the Atlanta area that's affordable means that either it's full of niggers or has a shitty commute into the city.
>>
>>76873111
Haha this poor shit lives in SW atl. We call that area SWAT for a reason you fucking dindu. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>76878822
This is completely true
>>
>>76872655
topkek, Georgia is full of Niggers
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.