[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gawker media files bankruptcy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: file.jpg (41 KB, 382x400) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
41 KB, 382x400
Considering we basically went to war with them two years ago I can't believe there's no thread for this

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/jun/10/gawker-media-bankruptcy-auction-hulk-hogan-lawsuit

>Gawker Media, the media website that thrived off scandal and controversy, filed for bankruptcy on Friday after losing a $140m lawsuit surrounding one of its most controversial stories: the publication of a sex tape involving former wrestler Hulk Hogan.

>It was revealed last month that billionaire tech entrepreneur Peter Thiel had been funding Hogan’s legal costs as part of his latest attempt to close down the website, which outed him as being gay in 2007 with the headline: “Peter Thiel is totally gay, people.”

>Thiel said funding the lawsuit was one of the “greater philanthropic things that I’ve done”, and said he would further lawsuits brought people who said their lives had ben ruined by Gawker.

Victory at last!
>>
File: 1386886542750.png (12 KB, 218x255) Image search: [Google]
1386886542750.png
12 KB, 218x255
>>76809161

This is what happenes when we take those fuckers straight on.
>>
>>76810512
>implying you did anything

They got sued by hulk hogan.
>>
>>76809161
A sad day for the free press
>>
File: 1465366937846.gif (3 MB, 354x200) Image search: [Google]
1465366937846.gif
3 MB, 354x200
>>76810597

Their traffic was down 44% since the beginning of GG and they lost millions upon millions in advertiser revenue even before the traffic drop

We set them up for Hulkster to drop the big boot
>>
>>76809161
Well, here's the thing: the people that fill this board, you know, they can't help but reply to doggers, are not the same people who were here for gg
12/7/14 never forget
>>
>>76810646
0/10 terrible shitpost
work harder off-brand australia
>>
I do hope he buys them out and turns it into a stupid wrestling portal.

Imagine all those nu-male employees, sitting on their bleached assholes 8 hours a day and typing pointless articles about the lowest form of redneck entertainment.
>>
>>76809161
Gawker files bankruptcy , 4chan declares it a national holiday
Trump files bankruptcy, 4chan laughs at you for not understanding bankruptcy
>>
>>76811818
Do not despair, there are ointments available for your condition.
>>
>>76811818
gawker going bankrupt means no one there is writing slanderous garbage anymore, dipshit
>>
>>76809161

>implying forgetting your broken foe isn't the worst thing you can do for them
Let them fade into obscurity and understand the power of anonymous hatred and despair.
>>
>>76811818

Point at this guy and laugh for not understanding how bankrupts works.
>>
File: 1463898660921.jpg (47 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1463898660921.jpg
47 KB, 500x281
>>76809161
>“Peter Thiel is totally gay, people.”
Topkek they fucking deserve it, stupid people making shit up.
>>
>>76809161
>Thiel said funding the lawsuit was one of the “greater philanthropic things that I’ve done”, and said he would further lawsuits brought people who said their lives had ben ruined by Gawker.

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>76810646

The press is protected from the government. They aren't guaranteed protection from private individuals or corporations.
>>
>>76809161
KEK
>>
>>76812825
He is gay. They outed him. They've outed numerous homosexuals, and defended it by basically saying homosexuals staying in the closet is homophobic.

Gawker has no friends. We hate them because they're liberal trash, the liberals hate them because they out homosexuals. It's a company hated by practically everyone and I'm not sure, and pretty fucking unhappy, that it took this long for them to die. How the fuck can something like this last for as long as it did? What the hell is wrong with the world?

Gawker should have been strangled on day one.
>>
File: all this salt.png (314 KB, 1234x946) Image search: [Google]
all this salt.png
314 KB, 1234x946
>>76810646
>Free speech is no excuse for racism and hate speech
>Nah, we won't remove that Hulk Hogan sex tape, freedom of the press protects our decision
>>
>>76811273
Do you have any idea how many native varieties of Pepe we have? Fucking zero, Kek has truly forsaken our Island and our memery reflects that.
>>
Thiel is great, why are there so many crypto fascists in tech though?
>>
>>76809161
>that sticky when Hulk won his case

was a good day on /pol/, everyone was an american that day
>>
>>76811655

LOL
>>
>>76815587

Fun fact: All subsidiaries of Gawker needs to die, especially Jezebel.
>>
>>76817133
Exactly my aids infected friend
>>
>>76817133
Kotaku being gone would be good too
>>
>>76817133
The death of gawker marks the beginning of what seems to be relatively good times for the internet.

I wanna see more of these cancerous content sucking clickbait websites/youtubers/niggers die off due to legitimate lawsuits. Maybe people will start creating and sharing OC for the sake of it again, once the jewed out crowd finally goes away and people stop trying to out meme each other for money.
>>
i kinda feel like gamergate was the turning point. yeah we lost the battle, but were still fighting the war and growing stronger.
>>
>>76818239
GG just pushed it into public consciousness. Trump allowed people to question PC culture. Now with Gawker down... everything is adding up.
>>
>>76818539
its the pendulum swing right on time.
>>
>Out a BILLIONAIRE for being gay.
>Then cross a millionaire by releasing a private tape
>Then ignore court orders
>Lolguysfreespeech
>Get BTFO with the force of a Large Hadron Collider

They deserved it. Imagine you found out some valid embarrassing dirt on a Rothschild and decided to plaster it over the web like an asshole and then go actually break the law somewhere else.
>>
>>76809161
thank god
>>
>>76818035
I'm not exactly sure if it will mean more clickbait or shitty youtube "partners" will get lawsuits, unless they do something on that fucks with some one's privacy or anything else

The only thing that would fix youtube's content creator problems at this point would probably be actual encouragement and less restrictive DMCA, and also less encouragement of vlog shit.
>>
File: 1458342385665.gif (2 MB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
1458342385665.gif
2 MB, 640x492
>>76809161
REAL AMERICAN
REAL AMERICAN
REAL AMERICAN

>real american!
>>
>>76818938
im a gamer, been one since i was little. but i dont play new games (or even watch tv for that matter) because its just so god damn full of forced minority characters and liberal propaganda. i always knew the gaming industry would eclipse the film industry, i just didnt expect a very vocal minority to rip the balls right out of the industry as easily as they have. to see gawker burn right now, esp after the war we had not so long ago just really fucking makes my day.
>>
>>76809161
>>76810512

Yeah it's kind of hilarious we had a direct hand in this. I wish they'd acknowledge that and donate to our servers or something.
>>
>>76819127
>less encouragement of vlog shit and clickbait content

thats what sheepple watch sadly. Stealing and/or compiling content and releasing it as a tight , quick package makes more money than creating said content from scratch and its also easier.

Fair use trials will bring public attention to this particular issue. Some popular jewtube channels had already talked about this before the h3h3 thing too.

This is true for any industry.
>>
File: hulk-hogan-ear-cup.jpg (35 KB, 560x324) Image search: [Google]
hulk-hogan-ear-cup.jpg
35 KB, 560x324
based
>>
>>76819563
I don't really know if it would go through since Watch Mojo has a shit ton of money say otherwise

And then there's also the problem of fuckers making a shit ton of money off of doing nothing but talking about their life. Like the whole "Hey I live in LA, this is my life" in vlog form circlejerk (Who also trespass shit illegally sometimes... but then again I kinda enjoy Urban exploration, so...), and even a bunch of families who literally broadcast every last one of themselves onto youtube as if they're the god damn Brady bunch of some shit. And apparently they generate lots of views and make a good chunk of change.

And of course there's also the people who play games and get money from people watching them play games.
>>
>>76820620
We cant be talking about the content being watched and created , Its cancerous but hey , as long as the creators respect their audience and generally arent cucks or sjws I dont give a fuck : watch minecraft lets plays for days nigga.

But there are plenty of straight up clone channels , compilation channels , reaction channels , etc... making more money than the people who created the videos. I can guarantee you that thefinebros made more money than every single creator of any video they ever featured combined. thats the problem here. Its here to stay because the people , "the majority" , enjoys this type of content. Or they just dont know any better or how to find content themselves.

Still , There is a wide market of quick and easy online content to deliver to the masses and Youtube wont fucking stop you from taking any one of them if you can generate a revenue and call it a "reaction video".
>>
HULKAMANIA LITERALLY RUNNING WILD!
>>
>>76810646
Talk shit, get hit.
>>
>>76821215
thread theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhrY2JJqkiI
>>
SOMEONE TELL THESE FUCKERS AT GAWKER THAT THE HULKSTER JOBS TO NOBODY BROTHER!
>>
File: DENTON.png (140 KB, 307x307) Image search: [Google]
DENTON.png
140 KB, 307x307
WHATCHA GONNA DO?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahnsi0yn2U
>>
>>76810646
idiot
>>
>>76811818
Learn what a company is
>>
>>76815907
Imagine being surrounded by pooinloos, black diversity hires and females only there to push leftist shit every day while you just try and fucking do your job

I'd argue that any straight white male in tech that isn't a card carrying numale is very well leaning towards being a crypto-fascist
>>
>>76815587
> Jezebel
I'm loving it.
>>
>>76811818
a company and a personal bankruptcy arent the same thing

youd know that if you understood bankruptcy
>>
File: 1459071118023.jpg (2 MB, 6064x6072) Image search: [Google]
1459071118023.jpg
2 MB, 6064x6072
>>76810801
>>
>>76815587
>It's also Kotaku, Jezebel, Lifehacker, Giz, etc

And thank the fucking lord for that.
>>
a jewish media company (Ziff Davis) is going to buy them

nothing will change insofar the jews have the money printing machines in their control
>>
>>76815587
Who are these people trying to appeal to? Anyone who celebrates Gawker's fall knows exactly what it means and are happy for it.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.