[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huxley vs. Orwell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 610x349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 610x349
Who was right?
>>
Both
>>
>>76807659
/thread.
>>
>>76807659
Damn
>>
>>76807659
Explain?
>>
Orwell was up to like 10 years ago, still both were right
>>
Kurt Vonnegut
>>
>>76807659
This. FPBP.

Horrifically.
>>
>>76807610
Right about what you fag? Fuck your low-effort posting.
>>
>>76807659
really makes you think
>>
>>76807917
They both foresaw differing aspects of the NWO society being formed- Huxley knew the people would turn to pleasure, drugs, and apathy, Orwell knew fear mongering and false flags would drive war such as the Iraq War.
>>
File: 1460307079716.png (24 KB, 510x385) Image search: [Google]
1460307079716.png
24 KB, 510x385
>>76807917
Orwell was correct in how the Govt would work/behave with its power (surveillance, proxy war, etc)
Im not as well versed in BNW, but Huxley was more right about the way the Govt would passify citizens with entertainment/information and over-socialization and stimulation.
Vonnegut is never mentioned as much, but I think his evaluation of our future, especially in Player Piano, fits very well with today
>>
>>76807610
orwell was right
you don't know because huxley was right too
>>
>>76807659

This, and the internet is an exact amalgamation of both philosophies as it is both the perfect tool to keep the public apathetic and an excellent resource for the government to surveil us.
>>
>>76807659
Huxley was more right.
>>
File: we.jpg (13 KB, 184x300) Image search: [Google]
we.jpg
13 KB, 184x300
>>76807610
read We by Yevgeny Zamyatin
Inspired both Huxley and Orwell and eerily predicted Stalinism a solid 20 years before it actually happened. It's a great read.

Pic related for the translation I read
>>
>>76807610
Huxley was more accurate in his dystopian future
>>
>>76807610
Huxley was way more right.
Orwell feared ultra-powerful states that would scare us into submission by constantly monitoring us.

Huxley feared a world were we let our unrestrained desires run wild. He feared that we would become undisciplined and only seek out immediate pleasure. That is what is happening. Huxley also believed that most people would be fine with this new world and would embrace it.
>>
>>76807610
Both.
>>
>>76809057
>Orwell feared ultra-powerful states that would scare us into submission by constantly monitoring

What is the NSA?
>>
>>76807610
>>76807659
This. Animal Farm was the means to which social divisions would lead to 1984 and eventually Brave New World.
>>
>>76807659
Brave New World is basically the liberal hipster version of 1984 so no
>>
>>76809261
The difference is that the NSA equivalent also exists in Huxley's world. The difference is that the NSA in Orwell ruled through fear and pain and people accepted it unwillingly. The NSA in Huxley's world is accepted and supported because it helps protect the degeneracy that the people love. The modern NSA is much closer to Huxley's example.
>>
>>76809261
not even remotely comparable in power
>>
>>76808984
I agree but look at the power abuses the government made after 9/11.
>>
>>76809515
Great literary critique.
>>
>>76809695
Criticising the government was illegal John Adams

Shit isn't new
>>
>>76809695
Which we were totally complacent and even supportive off because it helped protect our "freedom" aka degeneracy.
>>
Huxley is an ACID LMAO meme writer. His """"""""""theories""""""""" are useless and only teenagers think they're deep.
>>
>>76809935
What about Huxley is so bad. Brave New World kind of predicts the modern world pretty well.
>>
>>76809935
I thought it was a pretty good book right up until the end.
>>
>>76807610
It has been a while since I read 1984, so I picked it up again yesterday to refresh my memory.

>women are the most loyal and bigoted members of the party, and the most restless fighters against heterodoxy.

He was right about more things that I remembered.
>>
>>76810197
I think the ending is the ultimate black pill. Once degeneracy is allowed to go far enough there is no recovery or escape.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.