[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in California and it's getting really bad. Homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: banana8.png (224 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
banana8.png
224 KB, 409x409
I live in California and it's getting really bad. Homeless people are everywhere and it seems like the unemployment rate is higher than it really is on paper. There is also a great anxiety in the air. People have a look of dread, no optimism in their eyes. What's going on with this state?
>>
>>76806933
They know they will be nuked soon.
>>
Unemployment is higher than on paper, bad hiring practices like diversity and massive standards confound this. People don't realise but when your hoops are too high it hurts the people jumping instead of the people holding the hoops, who at worst "freeze" positions which is the undocumented reason these practices cause unemployment.
>>
>>76806933
>Homeless people are everywhere and it seems like the unemployment rate is higher than it really is on paper
Thats democrat leadership for you
>>
>>76806933
Is it also possible that when they attempted to regain the jobs lost during the recession, they mostly got replaced by bad jobs that people don't like and don't pay much?
>>
>>76806933
916 here, its not that bad where I live, move to upper Sacramento area.
>>
>>76807026
D-Don't say that!
>>76806933
>Homeless people are everywhere
I know, it makes me sad
> it seems like the unemployment rate is higher than it really is on paper
See >>76807769
>There is also a great anxiety in the air
I bet 10 bucks you live in a big city OP.
>People have a look of dread, no optimism in their eyes.
USA is one of the most depressed countries in the world despite they fucking are rich as fuck
Smells like /x/ shit here because how you can be depressed despite you have fucking everything and can have a family easily as well?!
>>
File: gommiebear.jpg (29 KB, 564x375) Image search: [Google]
gommiebear.jpg
29 KB, 564x375
>>76806933
Democrats, Liberals,illegals, Gommunists, Jews pick one and it's part of it.
>>
File: jew.pg.png (11 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
jew.pg.png
11 KB, 229x220
>>76806933
nothing goyim
>>
File: kill yourself.webm (810 KB, 608x352) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself.webm
810 KB, 608x352
op lives downtown la---library intrawebs prolly just closed----no wonder you're mad

>webm related
>>
>>76808040
we have a high standard of living, but not enough money to own up to it. proportionally we are probably poorer than the rest. imagine moving out of your parents house, while still working minimum wage, and yet every day you eat at a quality restaurant. pricey, right? that's pretty much the materialistic culture here. we just have to have a great furniture set, just have to have a great tv, just have to have a big house, just have to have a luxury car... its fucking hell
>>
>>76806933
mexicans.

kill the mexicans and things go back to normal.

ffs, they intentionally give the jobs to the less qualified people these days. if you're at the TOP of your game you can't get hired here unles you work in silicon valley. everything else they artificially promote stupid people and fire people who are competent and highlight other's mistakes

I fucking hope this state gets nuked
>>
File: 1465177830635.jpg (105 KB, 800x623) Image search: [Google]
1465177830635.jpg
105 KB, 800x623
>>76806933
It's happening all over the country, some places worse than others. I live in a rural town in PA near NY and everywhere, and in every interstate from Indiana and Ohio to DC things are getting bad. I know because just this week I drove to Fort Wayne and shopping is dead, maybe I just went at a bad time in day to many of these stores but it seems like inventory isn't moving. Also the cars people are driving seem older and older these days. I could say more about that or about the companies I have worked for but know this my last employer doubled down on its production of military sales over commercial. That happened while they fired half of the company right after Xmas. Something is not right.
>>
File: i12211659300.jpg (352 KB, 1035x720) Image search: [Google]
i12211659300.jpg
352 KB, 1035x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2zGFXaPn0o
>>
File: 1460247337257.jpg (40 KB, 480x669) Image search: [Google]
1460247337257.jpg
40 KB, 480x669
don't nuke me though
>>
>>76808271
what happened
>>
>>76806933
Illegals are saddling the state for over a billion dollars. We're too liberal for our own good. Unemployment's certainly higher than official numbers, which is something I like about Trump when he brings it up. People unemployed and not looking for work are considered "employed". I like this state, but can't practically justify sticking around.
>>
>>76806933
OC here our city kicked out the homeless from a park and made that section a dog park now. They now live around the city in hidden empty lots and have a tent city. Same if you head down the Santa Ana river near Angel Stadium. It's getting pretty bad
>>
>>76808009
Let me guess, Roseville?
>>
>>76808427
High cost of living keeps you trapped in the state.
>>
>>76806933
The illegals and homeless people are coming here to reap benefits and do nothing.
Also that God damn fish keeps on taking around 40% of the states water supply.
>>
the west coast has been shit for a while now

homeless people on every fucking street
>>
>>76806933

California is extremely liberal because it has nice weather.

The economy of California is based largely on the fact that people want to live their and visit their because the weather and beaches.

Everything falls apart if there is not a steady inflow of rich and intelligent people.

Make it big in Montana? Come to California!
Make a lot of money in the Dakotas? Come to California!

The dirty secret is that the economy of California lives and dies on this principle. This allows California to HEAVILY subsidize non-workers.

The problem is that tourism and the 'hollywood effect' are becoming less interesting to people now that all the niggers and shit fuckers that are being socialized into big cities (sometimes at GREAT EXPENSE to taxpayers) are fucking them up. San Francisco, for instance, is a disgusting city (not even taking into account gays) with loads of niggers, mexicans and asians. Southern California is a giant toilet. People come and visit these places and see that it is shit, then they tell their friends and slowly businesses stop coming and rich tourists stop coming. I live near Malibu - the beach has garbage on it all the time now. People are unhappy because they are stuck. The system is falling apart. Get out while you can.
>>
File: welp.jpg (116 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
116 KB, 960x720
Come over to Vegas or go to Arizona, good shit here
>>
>>76808009
Carmichael has changed alot in the last decade. A lot more "characters" walking around town. There are def more homeless people.
>>
Stockton, Ca checking in. Can confirm it's already bad. Hoping to live long enough to move out
>>
>>76809272
some guppy is getting your water thanks to green peace fags. the homeless dont come to your state any more other states are prohibited from sending them since the law suit years ago

the homeless you see are your fag
>>
>>76808859
Looks like the dad gave him a choice
Shape up or kill yourself
>>
File: daleSighted.png (1 MB, 1048x605) Image search: [Google]
daleSighted.png
1 MB, 1048x605
>>76806933
the priesthood is rising
>>
>>76809313
>tfw i am steve wynns broke nephew
why even live
>>
>>76809444
Ya my ex lived in Carmichael. There is a homeless person begging at every major intersection, at stoplights next to freeway on/off ramps, and little camps set up all over town
>>
>>76806933
>Homeless people are everywhere and it seems like the unemployment rate is higher than it really is on paper.
Yesterday NPR had some "economist" woman saying the economy has never been better also manufacturing is never coming back and that is ok.
>>
File: 1422077275119.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1422077275119.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>76806933
nat socs move north

everyone else gas self
>>
There's a small carpark on a road I sometimes commute down. There's always a bunch of homeless people sleeping in their cars.
My bike's loud, so I make sure I redline it as I'm passing them, often extremely late at night.
Just doing my part.
>>
>>76809444
Citrus Heights to Sacramento is littered with homeless scum.

The poverty train (light rail) is bringing the filth into Folsom too. Usually a super nice town due to Intel, kinda gone to shit since the housing market crashed and the light rail makes it's last stop there.
>>
Northern Chicago Suburbs here. This entire area (Milwaukee to Chicago) has gone to complete shit. Even back in 2010 it was much better. There used to be beautiful well dressed women every where. This area used to be classy and sophisticated.

Now, MANY white people have moved out of this area. There are a ton of asians, mexicans, and indians everywhere. They are loud, gross, disgusting, and they all travel in packs. It's like it's not even the same place anymore.

If I have a day off, I drive 2 hours into the country and stay there until I have to come back. I hate it here so much.
>>
>>76809788
fuck NPR
>>
>>76810020
Come to Rockford
>>
>>76810095
Performed there once. Pretty shitty. Also went to Janesville, WI for the first time a couple weeks ago, that was hilariously shitty also.

Best spot in this entire cesspit is southwestern Wisconsin in the amish hills and northern Wisconsin. Illinois is a lost cause
>>
>>76809139
I came to Austin 6 years ago from the peninsula and the feckless Californians have met their counterpart in the rapacious Texan and now the city is cucked and fucked.
>>
>>76808618
I've seen retail habits change the last two years. Typically people bought my product during tax season. I attributed this to having a tax return and disposable income. Are people getting less money back? Maybe they are worried and chose to save their money instead. Something isn't right.
>>
>>76809902
Are there white homeless in Australia?
>>
>>76809294
>ased largely on the fact that people want to live their and visit their because the weather and beaches.
People will never stop coming to California. If Detroit were in California people would still come because of the weather.
>>
File: drive pepe.png (104 KB, 316x346) Image search: [Google]
drive pepe.png
104 KB, 316x346
But is it happening?
>>
>>76810448
they don't have money. is it really that hard to figure out?

the CEO of ford went on time mag a couple years ago saying "I can't figure out hwy young people aren't buying cars."

it must have been part of the stipulation of the bailout. it's plain as day why people aren't buying anything.
>>
>>76806933
Complaining that people have a look of dread in their eyes in california...
Try moving to North Dakota faggot
>>
I'm noticing the same thing here as well. The East Coast is dead because our fisheries are dead. The West Coast is being strangled by the housing prices, central Canada has been destroyed due to the wildfire and our oil and energy sector being systemically torn a part because it doesn't play into the utopian New Democrat and Liberal agenda even though energy/resource is legitimately 50% of our economy. Just today we lowered our unemployment rate to around 6.8%. The jobs all came from public sector meaning the government is now spending large amounts of money just give people jobs that serve no purpose but making the government more of a monstrosity.
>>
the collapse is coming brother
>>
>>76810663
There's been some articles about how cars aren't that popular with millenials anymore. Maybe it's because many of them live in the city where having a car isn't a bug deal when public transportation is available?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/style/2015/09/02/americas-fading-car-culture/
>>
china
>>
>>76811152
Yeah that probably just reflects people in NYC, Bay Area, etc.
>>
>>76806933
You're in California. I grew up there not so long ago. It's always been shit; it was just covered in delicious frosting for a bit.
>>
Homelessness in California suburbs became a lot more viable when state law required recycling centers at most supermarkets. This happened around 2002. Prior to that I maybe saw 1 or 2 homeless people per year in my middle class neighborhood. After the bank of the homeless was installed it really took off. Groups of mentally ill or drug addicts picking trash and making a mess. Local bike trails have been taken over by them after dark as campsites. Its sad because 20 years ago it wasn't like this at all.
>>
>>76810448
Personally I think it has to do with rent, in PA the frackers brought up rent prices in my state and every other state has gone through similar changes, in silicon valley its been because of the new tech bubble. You get my point though 500 dollars for an apartment is only a drean but when college interest rates are so high you end up paying 250 in principle and 250 in interest each month, so unless the job pays more than 35k a year you are fucked. That doesn't even touch food and everything thing else we need to buy these days.
>>
Wtf rare is that? On jewpad atm
>>
>>76809294
I think the reverse is actually becoming true. That's how my family came to Idaho.

>Dad extremely successful in his career
>Retire the very first day he is eligible at 55
"Welp, I'm done with that crap, guess we can finally GTFO from California!"

I would never ever go back. Place sucks. And frankly I don't like the weather, it's effing hot and dry. I get 4 distinct seasons here.

The only bad part is we have too many other people up here who did the same, except most of them -as opposed to assimilating- brought their Californianess with them and try to change the place.
>>
>>76811152
>Maybe it's because many of them live in the city where having a car isn't a bug deal when public transportation is available?
Most places don't have effective public transit. Maybe teens just don't go to the mall anymore and defiantly don't have a job to get to.
>>
The cost of the average house will be near to $1 000 ,000 in the Toronto and Vancouver area in 2016.
>>
>>76806933
Just saw a map from a shitposter claiming California loses $26 BILLION to illegals annually.

Lol, you're fucked!!!
>>
>>76811152
income is down for millennials more than 30% post recession without factoring in cost of living adjustments, which the fed denies exist, calling it hedonic adjustments, and pretending that inflation is also more than 1%, realistically it's 3%. that means that living costs relative to wages are probably about 170% higher.

they have NO money.
>>
>>76811999
Let us not forget most of them also have a fuckton of student loan debt and thats not helping either.
>>
>>76812186
the student loan debt is hueg but I think they allow it because it's a red herring in a sense. the distortions to price and wage are MASSIVE to anyone with even a basic sense of finance, but 3% inflation is less threatening to a dumbdumb than 25k HUEG debts.

3% inflation unaccounted for will destroy this country in 15 years with no recourse. 25k dollars is a payable debt.
>>
>>76812935
Not when you're working a dead end part time minimum wage job because there's nothing else available and the managers know they can fleece you for all you're fucking worth.
>>
>>76813275
managers are only able to fleece you because of the distortions in the market. wages are rising in east asian eveloped countries.

our inflation is ou of control, and central policy is allocating capital towards lost causes. 25k of debt is nothing compared to the federal debt accumulated under obama. every person alive owes 125k to the government to pay back our federal debt.
>>
>>76814163
Even so, the fact of the matter is that the bottom end of the economy where most of the actual activity goes on (20 million people spending their bi-weekly paychecks generates a hell of alot more activity than a rich fucker buying his 3rd yacht) is getting choked to death. We cant spend money, the govt cant collect taxes and is forced to borrow just to function, and debts continue to pile up, sucking more money out of the general economy and into the banks.

Throw in the waves of layoffs and the imminent arrival of mass automation and the economy as we know it will tear itself to pieces within our lifetimes, quite possibly within the next decade.
>>
>>76814724
the bottom end of the economy generates ZERO productive gains. if you're a waiter, what makes you think you deserve to earn 16k a year, when a waiter in india or pakistan makes 5 dollars a day? you're just as worthless as that pakistani nigger if you're working for min wage.

america is rich because VERY FEW OF US used to be waiters. we were all engineers or building cars.

you can't immediately claim that rich capitalists are to blame, you dolt.

people ARE spending money, but it's all on worthless clothes, school, etc. if we want to improve the economy we need to improve our spending habits, first of all, and demand that welfare be cut off, as welfare drives up the costs of necessities.

the WRONG people have the money and the wrong people have the jobs. and it's not rich people. it's middle class niggers and mexicans who have an affirmative action gravy train nto middle class jobs that they are TERRIBLE at.

they're so bad at it that capitalists decide to export the job to india because the indians are less bad at it than niggers and mexicans.

the bottom end of the economy generates NOTHING. NOTHING.

they're puffing you up and feeding you idiotic answers to confuse you. there's NO WAY that the bottom end of the economy will ever save you, but if you vest your confidence in something like that, the more of a slave you become.

demand more business generation. demand deregulation. or else you're dooming yourself to getting baited into a trap.
>>
Apathy Syndrome
>>
we all just need an ideal to strive towards that isn't muh empathy for le poor foreigners
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.