[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ameritips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (105 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
105 KB, 750x1334
The fact that people actually believe this is fucked. Also, tipping servers is a stupid custom since they did almost nothing for you outside of taking your order and refilling your fluoride water.
Discussion welcome
>>
OY VEY GOYIM IF YOU DON'T TIP ME HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO FUND ISRAEL!
>>
Stupid is needing tips to survive
>>
>>76766256
>I don't tip

t.nigger
>>
File: 1454866782220.gif (1 MB, 406x449) Image search: [Google]
1454866782220.gif
1 MB, 406x449
>>76766256
>tfw several of the good restaurants in town outright banned tipping
>>
>if you can't afford to survive as a server without tips, get another job

hey i did it too!
>>
>restaurants can pay employees less because tips cover the wage

THAT is the fucked up bit.
Tips are supposed to be "Wow, you were awesome and made the evening better, I wish to show appreciation for the effort put into being kind and fun. Have money." The fact it's required and expect entirely invalidates it.
>>
>>76768237
YES
>>
>>76767255
>I tip.

t. good goy
>>
>>76768237
Do you know how much tips dwarf the wages? I make $150 a day in tax free tips. Sure it's a bit of an upscale restaurant but I keep this job instead of skilled labor because it pays so well

I also don't tip
>>
>>76766256
We don't tip here aside if the service was good (ie smiling, discreet, nice waiters).
That's the true and original use of tip: giving more to people who made your dinner more enjoyable.

Last time I went to New York it was so fucking irritating, the waitress was needy as fuck, it was so forced and fake that I felt like observed.
>>
>>76766256
I used to know some waiters/delivery drivers who would bitch and moan when they didn't get a tip, or a shitty tip. Then next day they'd be laughing their asses off when they made a huge day of tax-free tips.

It evens itself out. That being said, tipping shouldn't be a thing to begin with.
>>
>>76766256
This is the weirdest custom I've ever seen and I would never understand it. Instead of tipping the cook, because he's the only person that can screw up big time, you tip the waiter for doing his job, I understand tipping a bartender if you had a chat with him, then he acted like a psychologist, I understand even tipping your dentist or vaginalogist or whatever it was called, but tipping a fucking waiter? It's like tipping a cashier at the bank.
>>
>>76769949
>vaginalogist

top kek

also tip is retard why did all you weirdos invented it
>>
File: 1394580008362.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1394580008362.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>76766256
>mfw I can afford to tip but choose not to except for exemplary service
>>
not tipping is degenerate behavior. that's why servers hate blacks and jews.
>>
Tipping is just a scam restaurant-owners pull, in order to pay their waiters less.
>>
>but if we got rid of tipping and paid our workers a fair wage, how will the business survive?
I don't know, perhaps like the other 99% of businesses out there? Love when Americans act like it's such a strange business model to exclude tips, or like there's any difference between paying $9 for burger plus $2 tip and just paying $11 for the burger with no tip.
>>
>I don't tip :^)

You know who else does tip? Niggers.
>>
>>76766256
Nigger just leave a penny of they're shit

That's how they learn
>>
File: nope.gif (314 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
314 KB, 248x200
>>76771426
>You know who else does tip? Niggers.
>niggers
>tip
lol, no.
>>
Here's the thing about tipping

I don't like it. But it is a part of Cultural etiquette. For the sake of bieng Southern Gentleman and preserving traditions I do alot of things I don't like.

No tipping isn't a moral imperative and I hate when people try to shame others for not tipping.
It's neither a good nor bad thing just another neutral part of American culture.

In Europe it's not standard and in Japan tipping is scene as an insult.

So unlike liberal I actually believe in respecting the dominate culture regardless of geography.

I'm believer in "When in Rome" so as long as a tradition doesn't go against the Church or Divine truth. I'm all for asimilation.
>>
>>76772126
question from italy, only infos i have about tips are from reservoir dogs: you give tip to every kind of worker? or only to some? like waiters ok i got that, but taxi? barman? other random faggots?
>>
am i supposed to tip at sonic drive in?
>>
In the States, servers don't get a high wage - In fact, it is low. Your tip supplements that gap.
>>
>If you can't afford to tip the cashier, the shelf stocker and the cart wrangler don't go grocery shopping
>>
>>76766256
Tip threads always bring out the worst in people
>>
>>76772970
Taxi drivers can be tipped, but it isn't necessary. If you use Uber then don't tip at all. Barman sure if you want to. Really though tipping is for people who you felt went above what they're expected to do. Servers are the only people who get tipped for being mediocre and then people wonder why the quality of service has gone down over the years. Its also kind of fucked up how restaurants basically force servers to do a bunch of unnecessary sidework because they know that they only need to pay the server around 3-4 dollars an hour.
>>
>>76772126
tipping is not american or southern..if you took the time to learn about the history of tipping you would know that tipping started by the rich going to euro and adopted it here in america when they came back from vacation ...so the poor man saw the rich man tipping or should i saw WOMEN saw the rich man tipping and saw it as an indication that that man was worthy of her attention...poor guys saw that and wanted to be looked at the saw way women looked at the rich guy..so the poor started to tip..AFTER a while business saw that as an opportunity to make it mandatory even giving lessons on when to tip and how much all in order to save money.

tldr.
the only reason we tip is because poor people wanted to impress women making them think they have more than they do. and businesses took that social construct and tweaked it in order to profit.

*i only tip people when they do things i CANT do ..surgery...fix cars...etc..not people that do things ANYONE with hands and feet can do.
>>
>>76774107
jew restaurant economy damn that low is really disgusting, is that the only job with that low pay?
>>
>>76766256
>not tipping
>it's like $20 at most
>being this much of an insecure poorfag

just admit it, you're poor.

if you weren't, then you'd throw a $100 bill on the table like Walter White on his 52nd Birthday at Denny's like it was nothing.
>>
>>76771130
i don't really see the problem with it. a lot of restaurants go out of business because food isn't profitable
>>
>>76766256
Lol this is basically saying, fuck the company that you're giving the money unless you pay me don't go out to eat
>>
>>76775210

Yep.

I wonder how they'd feel about earmarking a portion of the restaurant to self service. I'll ring my food in at a kiosk and pick it up from the line myself. Just saved myself 20% by walking 15 feet.
>>
>>76766256
1. Businesses that allow tipping violate FDA regularly.

2. Businesses that pay below minimum wage are un-American.

3. Undocumented citizens are not eligible for minimum wage even under DACA.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.