[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GDR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: 1453793256859.png (52 KB, 450x270) Image search: [Google]
1453793256859.png
52 KB, 450x270
Redpill me on the GDR. Seems like out of all the communist countries, this was the best one to live in. There's even a concept "ostalgie" where people from eastern Germany remain nostalgic for the good old times under communism. What do you think? Is there/was there a comfier commie country?
>>
>>76761479
Those commie bitches love to fuck.
>>
File: f64.png (571 KB, 2000x1233) Image search: [Google]
f64.png
571 KB, 2000x1233
>>76761479
it was based. Easily less cucked than modern Germany. Best anthem ever too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CyPjQQTAM
>>
Long live the east, long live our western army.
Fuck NATO, fuck the federal
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QCwj9RTN4Y
>>
Shithole

Full of inbred russian rape babies

No culture

Poor

Shit infrastructure

Shit everything

Shoul dump all our refugees there, it's not like there's anything left ot destroy there
>>
>>76761479
It was as shit as every other soviet occupied country, and as much of a dictatorship as them, too. Literally went from single party system under the Nazis to single party system under the SED, complete with their very own secret police that was pretty much copied whole sale from the Nazis, too.
>>
>>76762080
WTF? East Germany is the least cucked place in Germany. We should praise them, not shit on them.
>>
>>76762080
But the East always lagged behind the industrial West anyway. Post war it didn't get as much help from the USSR as the West did from the Marshall Plan either.
>>
>>76762127

Agreed. All communist countries were shitholes. Poland was called 'the happiest barrack in the camp' in the communist times because supposedly we handled being under Soviet rule pretty well psychologically but the truth we got destroyed as a country and it changed the nation for the worse. We are still recovering and will be for literally decades to come.

As for ostalgia, we have some sort of it too. That's literally old age talking; people who were in good health and could work in the communist times now say it was better. No one in their right mind would actually say we miss those times.
>>
File: DDRPepe.png (62 KB, 844x1157) Image search: [Google]
DDRPepe.png
62 KB, 844x1157
>>76761479

> Is there/was there a comfier commie country?
yes and no
it was comfy in a way that it provided for everyone as far as the shitty economy got. Nobody needed to starve or live on the street, the education system was very good (actually some scandinavian states lean heavily on it today), at least all of this applies to the "golden 70s" and early 80s when the country was propped up by the Soviets for the chemical industry and west german money.

equality was also a thing, the state needed a women workforce so they simply made one. equal pay, kindergarten, laws that were way ahead of the western states were enacted to get women to work. Another part of the equality was the equality of job prestige. It was common for a uni professor to live next to a construction worker in a commieblock, their kids would visit the same school etc.

another thing was the absence of substance abuse - heavy drinking was widespread but other drugs were unheard of.

apart from that it was a hellhole with a secret police, low standard of life, the economy run into the ground and a very, very small group of rich elites living on the cost off 99% of the population
>>
File: Emblem_Stasi.png (20 KB, 125x187) Image search: [Google]
Emblem_Stasi.png
20 KB, 125x187
>>76762127
U talkin bad bout der Stasi???

[v& and torture intensifies]

lol at all these children praising Eastern Bloc shitholes as "based countries"

fucking retards... probably Bernie fans and/or "remain" voters/pro-EU shitheads.
>>
>>76763086
>lol at all these children praising Eastern Bloc shitholes as "based countries"

mostly its just the image of safety and stability that these countries present. My Grandparents on both sides had trouble with the Stasi, so did a lot of other relatives including my father and still they all said that simply a lot of problems today were nonexistant back then, although of course there were heaps of other problems.
>>
>>76762883
One of my best friends grew up there and escaped with his father in the early 80's.

He was an ardent musician and music lover, he told me how he was arrested and questioned by Stasi agents because he used to listen to a transitor radio to hear "non-state approved" music coming from Wesy-Germany.

He'd climb up on a rooftop in a certain spot by the wall that got "somewhat listenable" reception.

Dude said EVERYTHING was regulated "by the state for the good of the people"
Fuck that shit.

It's horrifying to me that there are tons of millenial shitheads, spoiled by the ACTUAL "land of plenty" created by Capitalism, who think communism is a "good thing" and will somehow create EVEN MORE optimal conditions than that which they have now!

Scary.
>>
To be fair, it was the Second Best Germany around in that tome
>>
>>76761479
As you can today, simply visit Cuba for 5 days.
>remove the comfy beaches and nice weather
>remove the comfort of being able to buy needed goods with foreign/convertible money and just try to shop anything at the local money only stores.
>replace their immigrations by even more incompetent tier of shit like the US Immigrations on steroids.
>replace the pretty lax police and CDR by the most stereotypical german wörk and regulations autists possible
and you have the DDR.
>>
>>76763086
>remain" voters/pro-EU shitheads
>>76763086

lol fuck off, I'm a communist voting for Brexit. it's a capitalist club created to suppress European workers.
>>
>>76761479
East Germany was incredibly based and, like you said, run better than any other country in the block as it was still Germans who lived there after all. The embargo held us back on technology tho.

>no third world mass immigration
>very bad relationship to jews
>the big brother who kept people from turning into degenerates
>hitler-jugend like "pionier"-programs
>>
>>76763913
you dont need to tell me that, my father (was a tank maintenance teacher) was ordered to break up with my mother because of her being christian.

the GDR was shitty in a lot of aspects, especially when it came to the treatment of the individual, but at the same time west Germany was far from being anything else, they were a bunch of hypocritical corporate shits
>>
>>76764104
Also I forgot to mention the beauty of the regulated market.
1 large bowl of soup and some bread: 0.30 Ost Mark want a single pickle with your soup? That be 2 Ost Mark as it's a luxury good.

Same as in Cuba, A burger is 1.25 CUP, you want fries with that? That be 3 CUC please. Now you think you get a big basket of fries right? Nah buddy, it's 5-7 single fries that are in most places only available on Sunday.
>>
>>76761479
>There's even a concept "ostalgie" where people from eastern Germany remain nostalgic for the good old times under communism.
This is quite normal for old people who spent their whole life living under one regime though.
>>
>>76761479
DDR care about Prussian spirit more than Western Germany, desu.
>>
File: Everlasting Summer.png (2 MB, 1166x687) Image search: [Google]
Everlasting Summer.png
2 MB, 1166x687
>>76764423
If you have ostalgie for Pioneer programs, and you happen to be a weeaboo (on 4chan I just assume everyone is), you should play Everlasting Summer! Make your own choices as you play through the tale of a modern Russian, transported to spooky 1980s Soviet pioneer camp, discover existential mysteries and fuck cute commie girls

This was made by our good friends on the Russian *chan so you know it's quality stuff
>>
File: 1454192543460.jpg (231 KB, 1280x723) Image search: [Google]
1454192543460.jpg
231 KB, 1280x723
>>76765842
it's also FREE and available on Steam

reminds a lot of people of Katawa Shoujo, but a lot more spooky and violent
>>
This is one of the most remarkable Wikipedia entries that exists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zersetzung
>>
File: 1455884230795.jpg (16 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1455884230795.jpg
16 KB, 500x411
>>76766521
I bet this shit still goes on today
>>
File: rance.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
rance.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>>76761479
pretty good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEJsVwDiN68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG3BvkT6YQ
>>
Daily reminder that jewess Anetta Kahane, who is responsible for Germanys internet censorship was working for the Stasi (secret police) and her father fought in the French resistance against Germany.
Reminds me of the history of Angela Merkel / (((Kasner)))... really make you think
>>
>>76767794
>(((Anetta Kahane)))
>>
>>76762127
The Stasi were bad but especially in later decades they didn't kill many people.
>>
File: warsaw pact.png (624 KB, 2000x2386) Image search: [Google]
warsaw pact.png
624 KB, 2000x2386
>>76761479
Gorbachev should not have given it up but just reformed its economy while keeping the political system. Then at least part of Germany would survive.
>>
>>76763913
I get the feeling that a lot of millennial "communists" are moderate but just like the Soviet aesthetic.
>>
>>76768280
nah, the collapse was okay
the mistake was reunification
we should have stayed independent that idiot Bush should have listened to the Brits. What we got instead was a literal annexation, only that the people cheered for it for six months or so until they realized capitalism is not something that rides through the streets and hands out coca-cola.

its true that we have gained a lot economically from it, but the social climate has gone to the gutter here
>>
>>76761479
>comfy?
I don't know about that, they were pretty steadfast in their communist conviction.
A lot more ideological than e.g. Hungary.
It was the wealthiest Warsaw Pact country though.
Which isn't that hard, if you consider that it was one of the most industrialized and developed regions in the world before the war.
They were/are a lot more "german", and even unapologetic german.
Soviet propaganda doesn't hold a candle to hollywood etc.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.