[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> retardeds on /pol/ will defend this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
> retardeds on /pol/ will defend this
>>
>>76709505
Can't both the Chinese and Trump be right?
>>
>>76709505

It was a resonable guess on his part.

Global Warming/Climate Change is a substitute religion for lefty athiests.

As long as belief is a part of our genetic makeup, we will need religion.
>>
>>76711309
And, leftists are exceptional for turning their causes into religion. Look no further than vegans for proof.
>>
>>76709505
I don't believe in man-made climate change
>>
>>76709505
he did kind of oversimplify it, but overall thats way closer than obama's version.
>>
Hernie Sandals literally said that climate change caused terrorism.
>>
>>76709505
You should research Agenda 21. It's horrible and tyrannical
>>
>>76711309
Science is only a left vs right thing in the US though.
>>
File: 2087384547439.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2087384547439.jpg
140 KB, 1280x720
>global warming

literal meme
>>
>>76709505
Pacing and leading. Look it up.
>>
>>76709505
well, he's not wrong
>>
>>76711309
>science is a leftist communist SJW plot to destroy good abrahamic values christian men!!!!

Sometimes I doubt /pol/ is ironic, but I really hope it is.
>>
>>76709505
Climate change is a natural phenomenon, holding your farts won't stop climate change. Enjoy this relatively hot age while it lasts, till the next glacial age.
>>
>global warming
>relevant

pick one

or don't your response is also irrelevant
>>
>>76711584
>daily mail
>>
>>76711663
Science has been tied in with politics for years already, anyone who has ever done any sort of research knows it. If you go for anything that threatens something politically, you'll be stopped right away.
>>
>>76711606
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/145160928141/climate-change-and-trump
>>
>>76711401

They're not exceptional for turning their causes into a religion.
They're exceptional in their ability to claim they're not doing that, and actually believe their own lies.
>>
>>76711797
i have one with al gore crying too if you want
>>
>>76711803
>research
Define research.
>>
>>76711606
>the chinese invented co2's ability to trap heat

You are retarded. There is no way around it.
>>
>>76711848
>al gore
>>
>we need to tax the shit out of American consumers because China, India, and Brazil won't stop polluting
>>
>>76711860
Judging by his idiotic posts, I imagine his definition of research and science is reading "Recent study shows..." on online blogs.

What he should be saying is "bad science is bad", rather than "science is bad".
And bad science is used by all political movements, and all ideologies.
Like /pol/ reposing the measuring of skull volume to determine intelligence.
>>
>>76711949

>Like /pol/ reposing the measuring of skull volume to determine intelligence.

When has this ever happened, you massive autist?
>>
>>76711584
it's climate change now you cuck all that ice is going to kill us
>>
File: spiderman-dont-care_o_300312.jpg (308 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
spiderman-dont-care_o_300312.jpg
308 KB, 640x492
>>76709505
Don't care.
>>
>>76711949
>>76711584
Or using this "argument". Today being colder than yesterday doesn't disprove a trend in temperature.
This shit is measured over decades or centuries even. Oooooh last winter was warmer than this one, thus no global warming.

Now the idea that we must fight global warming, or that its unnatural, I don't subscribe to these. But we are due for an ice age some time soon.
I recommend we build more factories, and more coal plants, not less, so we can power our way though legit research and resources to prepare for the inevitable climate change, not trying to delay it by a few generations by intentionally handicapping our industry.
>>
>>76711901
>the father of the modern global warming awareness movement is now blacklisted bc his Armageddon clock (which was backed by 90% of climate change scientists at the time) turned out to be bs

any credibility you people had was lost long ago
>>
>>76712046
Multiple times per day, every day.
And when I mention how stupid it is, I get called a kike, a SJW, an idiot who doesn't understand scientific facts and so on.
>>
>>76712114
>al gore
>being relevant to climate science ever
It's not my fault Americans only respond to "celebrities". Anthropogenic climate change was a legitimate field of scientific enquiry decades before the ego-fest of An Inconvenient Truth.
>>
>>76712217
and those same scientists backed him internationally

1/10 you tried
>>
>>76712140

Maybe that's because you are a goddamn idiot that sees what he wants to see and not what is actually there. Been here for years, haven't seen this bullshit you're spewing once.

If you're referring to the differing levels of average IQ distribution among races and you think that isn't based on facts, you really are a fucking moron.
>>
>>76711949
This isn't reddit, if you have anything to say about my post, reply to it directly. There's no need to act like a faggot if you're posting anonymously.

And no, I mean actual research. In science, quality only goes as far as interest is concerned, you need support, money, and people who actually want that to happen. It's not as simple as "I showed convincing evidence, so they have to believe me!", you'll be questioned and guessed by a thousand other researchers whose interest might not meet with yours, and the only way to convince them is by providing actual undeniable proof, which usually takes years to acquire.

If you want to see it clearly, check out the researches done on passive smoking, they're a perfect case. All are badly done, they only exceed at not being applicable to reality.
>>
WTF
>>
>>76711949
The problem with haing this notion of "pure" good science is that it ignores the reality of human behavior and bias.

No science is done conclusively without heavy funding, heavy funding always comes from a source that has its own goals and agendas. If the universe is a puzzle scientists are paid to look at specific pieces and make conclusions that more often than not serve an ideological goal, whether the fact is objectively true or not is only a smokescreen to defend any number of socio-political agendas because inevitably the same researches or at the very least the commenting (((academia))) will use it to dogwhistle towards the narrative of their choice.

Going "muh pure search of truth" reeks of leftist religiosity on par with "if the will of God was TRULY being passed on to society everything would be better!"

t. atheist Christian
>>
>>76712287
>ur dumb, also here is a strawman

Nice argument.
>>
>>76712283
What "same scientists"? What are you even talking about? Science doesn't happen on TV, you know. Have you ever even read a research paper?
>>
>>76709505
What, do you believe in santa too? /pol/ is really retarded today
>>
File: supporternames.png (30 KB, 687x510) Image search: [Google]
supporternames.png
30 KB, 687x510
The CONCEPT OF climate change. In context, the meaning is that while western industrial countries take it upon themselves to limit CO2 emissions, thus limiting their own productivity and competetiveness on the market through regulations and such, countries like China just don't give a fuck about the climate and this gives them an extra edge when competing, since they don't have to spend money and time worrying about their factories spewing harmful emissions. The Chinese and other such countries would be all too happy to support green movements in the West, however - to put it in /pol/ terms, the Chinese are climate jews.
A probably poorly worded tweet(140 char. limit) from 2012. Trump himself doesn't really give a fuck about the concept of climate change and global warming and all the major enviromental protection agencies and so on, but he has expressed normal concern for having clean air and water.
>>
>>76712346
>i have no idea how research funding actually works
OK?
>>
File: POTD-fog_2759714b.jpg (39 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
POTD-fog_2759714b.jpg
39 KB, 620x387
>>76709505
Yeah, fucking chinese with their evil enviromentalists who keep murrica down
>>
>>76712346
Hell, just by NOT doing some studies over others the gap in data can lead people to their own conclusion, a shining example being how any research into racial disparity between humans especially as it pertains to behavior and IQs being completely quashed and ridiculed before its even attempted. The limited amount of studies that actually managed to squeak by is full of excuses and caveats because the political nature cannot be divorced from the implications of the data. Like that study that showed African niggers are too stupid to pass the mirror test as old as 6 years. The researcher himself gives some bullshit justification of "cultural differences" without a shred of data to support that.
>>
>>76712452
>while western industrial countries take it upon themselves to limit CO2 emissions
They haven't.
>China doesn't care about the climate
It does.
>>
>>76709505

really makes you chink
>>
>>76712525
>>76712346
Your argument is basically "bad science exists, thus all science is bad".
You should reconsider your stance.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 390x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 390x488
>>76709505
Prove it isn't a plot from the Chinese to drastically restrict the west's ability to manufacture goods due to "climate" restrictions/taxes
>>
>>76712472
Explain to me the funding sources of 80% of scientific research and how its completely unbiased, as well as the journals and peer-review vanguards and how they themselves are equally unbiased and apolitical.
>>
>>76712525
>racial disparity between humans especially as it pertains to behavior and IQs
Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>76709505
Wow, commies reaping the benefits of commie policy being pushed on non-commie nations... Who could have seen it coming?
>>
>>76712619
False dichotomy. It doesn't need to be completely unbiased and purely apolitical for it to not be "leftist religiosity".
You are simply taking two things you for some reason dislike, and are assuming they must form an evil coalition against you and things you like.
>>
>>76712603
China has been outproducing the West for decades without any "climate restrictions" on the West. Production isn't the problem of the Chinese economy, consumption is.
>>
>Retardeds

Nice word you just made up you giant fucking retard
>>
File: start you argument any time.png (429 KB, 399x614) Image search: [Google]
start you argument any time.png
429 KB, 399x614
>>76712395
>pretend something that's incredibly rare if it has even occurred is common experience
>fail to link the numerous archives to support your statements
>get butt-flustered when someone calls you out on your shit
>continue to live as an uneducated village retard no matter how far you may ever get in the shithole that you call a country
Sad.
>>
>>76712419
the 80% of climate change scientists who backed his thesis on global warming

did you just completely forget about that inconvenient truth?

this is pretty much been the standard for climate change scientists since the 50s

>make bold claim including a time frame
>time passes, nothing happens
>"w-well NEXT time its going to be REALLY bad"

another one just predicted the world will be uninhabitable in 30 years

glad to know ill still be alive to see them btfo yet again
>>
>>76712619
>Explain my strawman
No.

If you really wanted to learn something, there are sources online that explain things like grants and peer review. You know how to Google, right?
>>
>>76712580
>>76712733

That's amusing coming from someone who just complained about a strawman. You and the britfuck have been ignoring and distorting anything said to fit your argumentation, try arguing sometime instead of bending every word.
>>
>>76712580
now who's strawmaning? I neveer once said "all science is bad" I myself believe the scientific process to be the greatest advent of western society and want it to continue.

What I don't agree with is blind faith in the clergymen of science and swallowing whatever narrative just because they had guys in white lab coats doing PROOFS. Might as well be the pope going into a dark room and talking to God.

Now, completely transparent studies were we have access to the same data and can investigate into the methods used ect I am all for, but I don't think we should ever believe authority without criticism just because they hide behind the curtain of "truth".

Basically we should be skeptical of ALL claims no matter the source. Doubly so if there is a political implication tied to the research.
>>
>>76712800
Stop getting your science from popular media. Like I said, science doesn't happen on TV.
>>
>>76711663
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming
>>
>>76711663

Stop being so dramatic.

Climate Change has become a religion to the left, and it's as silly as young earth creationists are to the right.

I'm old. I remember when the same type of people were screeching that industrial society would plunge the world into a new ice age by the year 2000.

The sky is always falling.

I find it far more interesting that people who reject traditional deism still find a way to have religion.

Belief is an evolutionary advantage. And as long as we have belief, we will have religion, in one form or another.
>>
File: 1457077896459.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1457077896459.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>76711663
>>76711949
>>76712094
>>76712140
>>76712395
>>76712580
>>76712733
We got a meltdown-in-denial over here.
>>
>>76712862
>Doubly so if there is a political implication tied to the research.
The "political implications" of science are almost entirely exclusive to the US, see e.g. climate change, evolution etc.
>>
>>76712872
If your sources are of such unquestionable quality, then why don't you provide them?
>>
File: 1465452836426.jpg (72 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
1465452836426.jpg
72 KB, 600x394
>>76709505
>Shills will think we care
>>
File: who pays for science.jpg (504 KB, 570x1404) Image search: [Google]
who pays for science.jpg
504 KB, 570x1404
>>76712862
>Basically we should be skeptical of ALL claims no matter the source. Doubly so if there is a political implication tied to the research.

Yet you aren't skeptical of ALL claims. When you see a claim that supports your views, you are quick to accept it.
If you were equally skeptical of all claims, and only looked at facts, you would realize that we are due for an ice age, the climate will change, and developed countries should prepare for it.
There is nothing political about this statement, either. The political part is deciding how to prepare. Thats where interests may lie, and conflicts may arise.

Also bad science gets weeded out over time. The reason you have so many examples of it to throw around is because it gets debunked all the time.
If bad science was treated as fact by the scientific community, and we kept using it as if it were fact, you wouldn't know its bad in the first place.
>>
>>76712628
>Every. Single. Time.

Wow you really blew my argument right out of the water.

>lol what a racist clearly I now don't have to engage in an actual argument because your poven yourself to be a BAD GUY

This is proof of what I am talking about. Because you assume the lack of accepted studies of race are bogus/non-existent you dismiss out of hand the fact that its a scientific question worthy of the same "truth" that you advocate for when it suits YOUR political narrative.
>>
>>76712973
>If your sources are of such unquestionable quality
Never said they were.
>then why don't you provide them?
The IPCC does a great job of listing references to and summarizing scientific research into the climate. I would suggest starting with the latest report.
>>
File: whhhhut.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
whhhhut.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>76712872
>the same scientists writing the current research papers you're jacking off to are the ones who were agreeing with gore

wut?

that doesn't even make sense, they were the SAME people who are now saying X will lead to environmental disaster

Just because they have made new studies based on 5 more years of "research" doesn't mean their bold claims have any more validity than their previous ones

ever hear about the boy who cried wolf?
>>
>>76713089
The boy who cried wolf was right the third time. There were in fact wolves.
>>
>>76709505
Here you go. The Ice is actually growing.
http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2015/05/19/updated-nasa-data-polar-ice-not-receding-after-all/#439f940f32da
>>
>>76713089
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, why are you so obsessed with Gore?
>>
>>76713178
>Americans in charge of knowing the difference between the Arctic and the Antarctic
>>
climate changed a degree better levvy a tax on basic element of life and kill off a portion of population for Gaia
>>
File: kek man avengers style.jpg (365 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
kek man avengers style.jpg
365 KB, 2000x1087
>>76712900
>tfw you remember the general scientific consensus in 2000 was that if we didn't stop polluting the ice caps would be gone by 2014 and the entire east coast would be under water

this is the gift that keeps giving

these people are ALWAYS wrong
>>
>>76713078
>Never said they were

You implied so, and now you want to back off on it. Either you provide your reliable, non-televised sources, or you're shitposting.

This is simple, it's a mere confirmation of what you've been saying.
>>
>>76713235
>the general scientific consensus

Among weekday morning news talk shows guests? Maybe. Among actual scientists? No.
>>
>>76713235
>tfw you remember the general scientific consensus in 2000 was that if we didn't stop polluting the ice caps would be gone by 2014 and the entire east coast would be under water
It wasn't. Again, stop watching TV, start reading research.
>>
>>76713052
>When you see a claim that supports your views, you are quick to accept it.
Strawman much? You don't know me or what science I accept.

Your language reeks of how you lump "us" and "them" to mean the people who won't drink your koolade and blindly accept your narrative of reality. Just like the dogmatic theists you are.

>bad science gets weeded out over time
Thats a bold assertion, ideally yes but I can easily see how shit could get perpetually pushed under the rug and bad science propped up for reason X Y Z with nothing being done about it. I mean nutritional science STILL claims that dietary fat and calories and exercise is the "scientific" solution for why people are fat despite the nation getting FATTER with this very data since the 80s.
>>
>>76712395

What strawman? Either refute the point about average IQ being different for different races, or admit to yourself that you are, indeed, a fucking SJW idiot kike.
>>
File: pepe cat ears.jpg (104 KB, 775x719) Image search: [Google]
pepe cat ears.jpg
104 KB, 775x719
>>76713137
yeah i agree, climate change could become relevant in a couple hundred more years of aggressive pollution

in the mean time the american economy and growing muslim extremism seem like a larger issue

so excuse me for not giving a fuck
>>
>>76713325
>Your language reeks of how you lump "us" and "them" to mean the people who won't drink your koolade and blindly accept your narrative of reality. Just like the dogmatic theists you are.
Sutely you see the irony here?
>>
>>76713228
You would think what happens to one effects the other, since the earth is a sphere. I am no scientist but "global warming" seems like a scam. Heck 20-30 years ago they said we would be frozen under a new ice age.
>>
File: who pays for science.jpg (544 KB, 565x1550) Image search: [Google]
who pays for science.jpg
544 KB, 565x1550
>>76713052
Whoops, cropping killed my image there. Anyway, its from University of California, Berkeley.
>>
>>76711309
>belief is a part of our genetic makeup, we will need a religion

Ah yes, who can forget those genes: Jesus gene, Mohammad gene, Aristotle gene, Locke gene. Most people only think about the genes that determine our aesthetic and biological makeup, but they forget about the genes that make up our mentality.
Even worse, some people think our beliefs and culture come from the beliefs and culture instilled in us by our surroundings, and not our genes. How stupid.
>>
>>76712746
What I'm saying is that China virtually has a monopoly in worldwide manufacturing, in which the US/EU companies outsource in order to keep labor costs down while maintaining/raising prices on goods. So what if in order to maintain that monopoly and prevent anyone from starting up manufacturing in the west they concocted "global warming" to make the govt pass carbon taxes in order to make it impossible to start up business here without having to pay more taxes
>>
>>76713325
>I mean nutritional science STILL claims that dietary fat and calories and exercise is the "scientific" solution for why people are fat despite the nation getting FATTER with this very data since the 80s.

Your nation is getting fatter because you don't use this information.
This system can e used to explain why you are fat, since you eat much and don't exercise much.
You being lazy doesn't disprove it.
>>
>>76713412
>Berkeley
topkek

>Just accept the science, goy. Who cares if the results has already been bought and paid for. Its still SCIENCE after all and science is goooooooood.

I want reddit to an hero when Bernie drops out. I am sick of this infestation.
>>
>>76709505
1 poster, Drive by shitpost confirmed. This should be a bannable offense in 4chan. Atleast be active in your own shit bro.
>>
>>76713402
>You would think what happens to one effects the other, since the earth is a sphere.
One's a huge continent, the other isn't.
>I am no scientist but "global warming" seems like a scam.
As you said, you're not a scientist. Though that should not matter that much, you can still examine the research itself for yourself.
> Heck 20-30 years ago they said we would be frozen under a new ice age. No. Again, no science on TV.
>>
>>76713468
They don't need global warming, they can just treat the workers like shit and they won't do anything about it.
>>
climate change is real
but he is right that china benefits most from it.
And he is even more right about the fact that our economy is forced under restrictions to make the industry more environment friendly while the chinese smoke it away.
In that perspective yes global warming is manufactured towards giving china an advantage
>>
File: Wow what a faggot.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Wow what a faggot.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>76713303
>>76713310
>the six leading climate change experts in the world backed gores claim that "we have 10 years to save the planet" in 2006

either you trust these people or you don't

pick one faggots
>>
>>76713537
You aren't arguing the article, or its sources. You are just crying JEWWW JEWWWW at me.
For someone who is meant to be skeptical about everything, you sure aren't skeptical about the "all science is jew kikery" meme, and are quick to adopt it without analyzing the content.
>>
>>76713468
For one they don't need to do that, as evidenced by their unchallenged monopoly spanning decadea now , and secondly if that really was their plan, they're doing a shit job at it. Where are the carbon taxes? Even the carbon credits in the EU are worthless due to overabundance.
>>
>>76713619
>the six leading climate change experts

According to whom? Self described, or tv show host described as such?
I don't remember the scientific community electing any such six leading experts.
>>
>>76713515
>Your nation is getting fatter because you don't use this information.

Source please? I myself don't have the data onhand but I am positive Americans on average work out more now than any other time in history. We also have been on a low-calorie low-fat diet trend since the 1980s that consumption data will also show.

Although I don't actually have the burdon of proof, YOU made the baseless assumption that

"HUR WELL YOU GUYS AREN'T FOLLOWING THE SCIENCE-GOD SO YOU ARE FAT"

Fucking show your work, faggot. Saying that we are still fat therefor thats why your dogma isn't working is a tautology.
>>
>>76709505
who cares? if trump doesnt win we will have more to worry about than fucking polar bears you cuck
>>
>>76709505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZHnjDJpkVc&ab_channel=Lindybeige
>>
>>76713619
>the six leading climate change experts in the world
What on Earth are you talking about? Science doesn't have world wide rankings, it's not sports.
>trust these peoplw
I trust the falsifiable scientific research.
>>
>>76713666
most experienced in the field

they were the senors of nu-climate change after the fags who got it wrong in the 50s finally died
>>
>>76709505
this and his stance on vaccination are his weakest points but I think he's just pandering to the republican crowd.
>>
File: lololmingo.jpg (58 KB, 470x640) Image search: [Google]
lololmingo.jpg
58 KB, 470x640
>>76709505
gettin' really tired of photoshopped twitter feeds.
>>
>>76713693
>low calorie diet
Americans drink more soda than any other nation in the world. 2-3 times as much as most other nations.
You are most definitely not on a low calorie diet trend.

>hurrr prove that we arent
Prove that you are.
>>
>>76713737
America will. Britain won't.
>>
>>76713666

What about the loonies back in 1980's who were adamant about polar ice caps being gone by 2000? Back then, the same "97% of climate scientists agree" meme was pushed.
>>
File: 1465527408168.png (51 KB, 1504x1016) Image search: [Google]
1465527408168.png
51 KB, 1504x1016
There is no proof that humans are causing the climate to change.

First you faggots called it global cooling, then global warming, now climate change. Back in the 2000's you were screaming that the ice caps would all melt and we'd be all under the ocean by now.

Fuck off.
>>
>>76713623
>"all science is jew kikery"
I was an r/atheist carl sagan bill nye reddit shill not 3 years ago you fucking ass. I was the most PC person you were likely to meet. I even started checking my privilege.

At some point I started noticing patterns that didn't make sense without cognitive dissonance and the rabbit hold slowly incrementally lead me here.

I didn't even type the word "nigger" until a few months ago because the brainwashing was so deep. Don't pretend you know anything about me I was exactly were you were arguing with /pol/ about Jews 6 months ago.
>>
>>76713781
Most experience being guests on TV shows more like.
Most experience selling shock value books probably.

What "experience" even? What constitutes climate change expert experience?
You are repeating shit you read in a pseudo-academic blogpost to shit on other pseudo-academic blog posts and don't see the irony.
>>
It's a shame the Trump is so anti science with his retarded views on global warming and vaccines, but we need him regardless.
>>
>>76713846
You being delusional couple of years ago is no proof that I am today. I have no idea what you are trying to do here.
>>
>>76713769
>steven hawking is not the top scientist on black hole theories etc

>Von Braun was not the top scientist in rocketry

>Rorschach only knew as much about those tests as anyone else

uhhh yeah achieving far more than your peers typically sets you apart from them
>>
>>76713623
>arguing with /pol/ on anything scientific

save your breath. there are people on this board who have difficulty with high school algebra.

Trump should keep his big fucking jew nose out of any scientific issue and so should /pol/
>>
>>76713839
Again, no science on TV.
>>76713842
Rise in tropopause height proves increasing CO2 is causing the warming, not the sun, and changin C isotope composition of atmospheric CO2 proves that the increase in CO2 is caused by fossil fuels.
>>
>>76713822
>soda
>means high-calories diet
>means some of it isn't diet cola

Thats lazy and you know it. A soda is non-fat and low calorie depending on the rest of your intake. I do agree that it plays a huge part in why we are fat but not for the reason you do.

>Prove that you are.
You made the accusation that we weren't listening to the data that has been rammed down our throats for 40 years by the grain industry. Everyone Boomer and younger almost unanimously agrees that fat will make you fat and limit their calories and work out as much as possible and it doesn't. fucking. work.
>>
File: 1464896705759.png (91 KB, 692x534) Image search: [Google]
1464896705759.png
91 KB, 692x534
>>76713935
Nah.
>>
>>76713897
>steven hawking is not the top scientist on black hole theories etc
He isn't. A great example of TV science not being the same as actual science. Hawking hasn't produced anything relevant for years.
>>
>>76713842
this global warming crap actually started back in the 1830s believe it or not.
>>
>>76713874
I wouldn't say we need him, but it is good to have him on our side. That being said, he is pretty retarded at everything except not being stumped and shitposting on twitter.
>>
that's not really true but they are a benefactor of the scam
>>
>>76713436

Again with the drama.

Belief is an evolutionary advantage.
Belief expressed socially becomes religion.
We're all biased, the best we can do is to acknowledge that bias and try to see past it.

>Even worse, some people think our beliefs and culture come from the beliefs and culture instilled in us by our surroundings

Beliefs and culture come from people, nit dirt and trees.
>>
>>76713989
You just supported my point.
>>
File: 1438462784489.jpg (86 KB, 680x1058) Image search: [Google]
1438462784489.jpg
86 KB, 680x1058
>>76714009

>he is pretty retarded at everything
>tfw a bunch of dumb neckbeards call a multi-billionaire businessman and celebrity superstar "retarded"
>>
>>76713990
>made numerous breakthroughs in theoretical physics, many of which were proven true in his lifetime

you are fucking retarded m8
>>
>>76713904
USA has the second highest food energy intake per capita in the world, sitting at 3,750, according to the Food and Agriculture Association of the USA.
It is the number one in the world according to United States Department of Agriculture, with 3,800 per person per day.
Both of these numbers are way above the recommended. You are NOT on a low calorie diet. You are a world leader in getting fat.

>Big Mac and diet soda, please, double fries, hold the onion.
>Bawwww, this pseudo science shit about calorie intake doesn't work, the jews are making me fat ;____;
>>
>>76714111
Sure, decades ago.
>>
>>76714159
This was meant for >>76713972

>>76713904
But yeah, I'll drop it here, arguing with an american on whether high calorie intake makes you fat is a bit too much at the end of the week.
>>
>>76714111
nice trips

Wasting your time m8, he just makes excuses out of hand to prop up his fragile world view. All science is good, until proven bad and all top researchers and scientists should be trusted until they are wrong in which case they are irrelevant anyway.

Its one big fat tautology that they will eventually grow out of when they stop being autistic and get some real world experience with authorities being deceitful under the guise of authenticity and blind faith.
>>
File: laughing while eating 101.jpg (102 KB, 400x648) Image search: [Google]
laughing while eating 101.jpg
102 KB, 400x648
>>76714000

>1830s: the earth is heating up, its going to be uninhabitable by the end of the century
>1900: industrialization is killing the environment, the world will be uninhabitable in a few decades
>1950: the earth is heating rapidly, we only have a few years to turn around this trend or else we're all dead
>1980: by 2000 the whole worlds going to be underwater and also Queens new album is sweet
>2000: if we don't do something the US will be underwater by 2016
>2016: look guys I PROMISE this time, if we dont do something the earth will be unable to sustain life in 30 years.

loving every laugh
>>
http://sacredgeometryinternational.com/randall-carlson-climate-change-real-deniers

A good read related to OP
>>
>Trump constantly says retarded things
>/pol/ always defends them like the sheep they are
good goys
>>
>>76714093
I hate to sound like a liberal, but he had it easy. I'm not saying he did no work, but he inherited a famous company with a good reputation and a 'small loan' of a million dollars. If you were given those, you would become wealthy quite easily, especially when the state endorses crony capitalism.

>Most of his political views like building a wall to completely stop immigration is smart
Okay mate, keep on thinking that.
>>
>>76709505

Pol would defend Trump he he ordered every white man to pay a 50% tax to the jews, and let a black bull impregnate their wives and daughters.
>>
>>76714507
>inb4 it's illegal immigration
I know
>>
>>76714249
i know but its too much fun triggering these fags

i can't help myself, because at the end of the day nothing will happen once again and they will be exposed as the same faux intellectuals that have been carrying this torch for almost 200 years
>>
File: 4 years my ass redditfag.jpg (72 KB, 368x437) Image search: [Google]
4 years my ass redditfag.jpg
72 KB, 368x437
>>76714507
then why doesn't everyone who gets 1 million dollars become a billionaire?

>checkmate
>>
>>76714323

Bingo.

Climate Change hasn't been around as long as Christianity, but it's had at least as many failed prophets and more failed prophecies.

Science is a process, not a belief.

Anyone who claims otherwise is trying to sell you something.
>>
>>76714507

>but he had it easy

He didn't exactly have to pull himself by his own bootstraps, but no, what he has accomplished was by no means easy. Unless you're trying to tell me that you could take a loan of 100 pounds and turn it into 100k-1m (depending on whom you believe about his worth)?

>especially when the state endorses crony capitalism

He wouldn't be attacked repeatedly by politicians from both parties had he engaged in crony capitalism.

>the wall will stop all illegal immigration

He hasn't said this, not once.

I dunno if you are just a spectacularly stupid liberal or has getting facefucked by Mohammad killed what little neurons you've had to begin with, but yeah, you're quite retarded either way.
>>
>>76714666
>Anyone who claims otherwise is trying to sell you something.

hit the nail on the head

Becomes pretty obvious when you look at who foots the bill for their research, gotta keep that tax payer gravy train chugging along

also nice trips mr. Satan
>>
File: 1439779576821.jpg (363 KB, 600x685) Image search: [Google]
1439779576821.jpg
363 KB, 600x685
>>76714666
>Science is a process, not a belief.
>but you'd better believe the scientists you fucking goys
>>
Amazing how the neckbeards know more about science than scientists.
>>
I defend Trump simply because he causes the most butthurt.

Seeing all these people get upset at what he says makes me sleep peacefully. He's got some fun Bantz. I recognize him as 10/10 Australian.
>>
>>76714886

Amazing how the neckbeard's salaries aren't dependent on pushing the agenda rich sponsors want to push.
>>
>>76714886
Ironic how "appeal to authority" is a logical fallacy only when it suits the left.

Same goes for a lot of logical fallacies now that I think about, another that comes to mind is "slippery slope",
>>
>>76714621
Because very few people get a million dollars. That, and not everyone does become 'billionaires', but it's still common to become richer than initially if those conditions are true.

>>76714759
>He wouldn't be attacked repeatedly by politicians from both parties had he engaged in crony capitalism.
Because he is a politician now

>He didn't exactly have to pull himself by his own bootstraps, but no, what he has accomplished was by no means easy
He had to work for it, obviously, but it's not as difficult as you think, or what you'd do. Most of the difficult work actually comes from subordinates, since the workplace isn't that centralised.

>100 pounds and turn it into 100k-1m
Having a loan of £100 and turning it into something is much harder than having a loan of £1,000,000 and turning it into something.

>the wall will stop all illegal immigration
What's the wall for then? A gimmick to make people vote for him? Something to make him look powerful?
>>
File: Trump hindu vote.jpg (49 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
Trump hindu vote.jpg
49 KB, 700x405
>>76714903
Trump is an honorary stayan, jap, ruskie, hindu, hungarian, and chink among other things.

pretty much all the non-cucked countries

>no brits
>no krauts
>no frogs
>no leafs
>>
>>76709505
Nope
I will not.

#Trump2016!
>>
>>76714988
When that authority always has data backing up their claims they tend to be pretty trustworthy.
>>
>>76712524
why would anyone do this to their country?
>>
>>76714985
Seriously? If anything pushing global warming would be AGAINST the interests of those rich bastards. Thanks for showing these scientists are even more trustworthy,
>>
File: bernie #1 fan.png (3 MB, 1656x2064) Image search: [Google]
bernie #1 fan.png
3 MB, 1656x2064
>>76715049
>Because very few people get a million dollars

pretty much every american athlete, actor, upper level manager, or mid-size business owner gets about that much.

The average inheritance will get you close considering houses alone can be worth 500,000-800,000 alone not including life insurance or actual money in the bank.

You clearly know very little about america, probably shouldn't talk about shit you don't know when pretending to be smart on the internet

my inheritance will be about 1.8 million and im not even upper class

most people just piss away that money on poor investments or frivolous crap
>>
>>76715049

>Because he is a politician now

One is not a politician until he actually gets elected into public office.

>Most of the difficult work actually comes from subordinates, since the workplace isn't that centralised.

So what you're saying is that he has a good nose about picking the right people for the job? Isn't that like 80% of what the President does?

>Having a loan of £100 and turning it into something is much harder than having a loan of £1,000,000 and turning it into something.

He went into real-estate, where people enter with tens of millions and get wiped out. 1m is basically the price of a medium-sized apartment in the good parts of NY.

>What's the wall for then?

Reducing illegal immigration by a large amount. People overstaying their visas are the #1 largest bloc of illegals. That's what the deportations are for.
>>
>>76713369
>yeah i agree, climate change could become relevant in a couple hundred more years of aggressive pollution
believing in nationalism and posting such statements. wow.
>>
>>76714903
>10/10 Australian

That's like a herpies/10 in the civilized world, M8.

Get your Shielas under control. Last time I visited the great outhouse down under, I picked up one of your broads. When I saw her Adam's apple, I asked if she was a man. She said, "I'll be anything you want for 3 quid."

After I passed out, bitch raped the mini bar and pissed on the TV remote.

And, the number she gave me went to CentreLink.
>>
>>76715357

>pushing for more taxes (carbon taxes, as it were) and state-funding of failed memes like solar energy goes against the interest of the elite

Wew, sure is Reddit in here.
>>
>>76715593
They just won't fucking leave. I hope Bernie dies on stage so they all crawl back to their fetish subreddits and leave us the hell alone.
>>
>>76709505
Can't blame a business man for knowing fuck all about anything related to science, but the concept of Global Warming was first proposed by a Swede.
>>
File: germany vs america.webm (3 MB, 224x360) Image search: [Google]
germany vs america.webm
3 MB, 224x360
>>76715500
>those two thing are related

i didnt think there was anything in the quaran about global warm-err i mean climate chan-oh wait, i think extreme weather is what were calling it now
>>
>>76715593
Yeah, I bet that Exon Mobile CEO is really excited about those carbon taxes! baka...
>>
>>76715660
if you care about your people and nation, you want to preserve your country for the future generations. you don't want your children and nation living in a poluted third world shithole, do you? if you can prevent polution from happening now, you should do it and not place this burden onto the future generations.
>>
>>76714903
>"I defend retards because I myself am a retard. I recognize him as a 10/10 Australian, otherwise known as the nation of imbred criminals"

thats right call me a leaf
>>
>>76715361
He didn't mean the total worth of his inheritance, you know. He said he got a LOAN, which means money. He was given £1,000,000 on top of the inheritance.

>>76715383
He's in the bid for President. He's a politician or a major figure in the political scene.

>Isn't that like 80% of what the President does?
No. He mostly has to represent the state and be good at public speaking. He may be good at talking to the retarded Americans, but he won't be amazing at talking to other leaders and actual human beings.
You forget that despite it's flaws America is still a democracy and most of the politicians are voted in by the people, unlike your shitty country. The President only picks the Judges for the nation, and that can be nullified by the Senate/Congress.

>He went into real-estate, where people enter with tens of millions and get wiped out.
Proof?

>Reducing illegal immigration by a large amount.
It won't. They'll just get there by boat or by liberals.
>>
Europe is getting hotter, Australia has been getting WAY fucking colder for like a decade + now.

I was born in 85 and I remember when it was ACTUALLY hot. 99 was like the last big time I remember it proper filthy fucking hot.

Summer is just a long spring here now on the east coast.

Seems to me like there's just some shenanigans going on with rotation. Maybe the northern hemisphere is getting more sunrape during a day and southern is getting less now.

Isn't Antarctica fucking growing every year? Why do I never hear this brought up. One ends shrinking, the others growing? One ends warming, the others cooling? Just seems like standard shit to me. Probably a phase.

I think humans if we're having any impact on this shit, it's minor. Volcano's that blew off the last however many years have way more of an impact on this shit than we ever have. One volcano cumming buckets a year will out pollute everyone all at once.
>>
>>76715746

No, but the big banks are. More taxes = more bailout money for them.
>>
>>76715821
funny considering youre actively turning your own nation into a third world shithole without any help from pollution

and Trump all about putting more money into nuclear and hydrogen along with new energies research, but that still doesn't change the fact that 200 years of climate change fear mongering has managed to be wrong every single time

and there are more important things to deal with first
>>
>>76709505
I think Donald J. Trump has a lot of good business connections so it could have been the best information available to him in 2012. In that case he would certainly know more about this topic than the guy who worked at Lockheed before he started hosting shows for children.
>>
>>76715886
If there is any real climate effects 99% of that shit is fucking China anyway who will NEVER do shit about it. We would do 500% for the world's environment by fucking China over once western civilization is back int he hands of white people.
>>
>>76715889
So what you are essentially saying is that a single industry was capable of fabricating decades worth of evidence without catching the attention of the scientific community, just so they can receive money they are already getting. How much tinfoil are you wearing dude?
>>
>>76715886
>I think

Can I just ask you an honest question? Have you ever read a published scientific article on the topic? Do you honestly think it is acceptable for yourself that you can conclude a proposition based on what you think of Europe is hotter and Aussieland is colder?

http://home.sandiego.edu/~sgray/MARS45006/fedorovetal2006.pdf
>>
File: average brit.jpg (92 KB, 539x418) Image search: [Google]
average brit.jpg
92 KB, 539x418
>>76715833
you said most people dont get 1 million dollars

that is incorrect

so now you've shifted the goalposts like a little faggot

good for you, now everyone can see you are full of shit
>>
>>76716118
Yeah, a loan of million dollars. Most people will read the context because they're not American, and thus not full of retardation and autism.
>>
>>76715833

>He's a politician

Except he's not. He's a businessman running for office. If he actually gets elected, then he'll be a politician. I know these differences might be a tad hard for an autistic mind to comprehend, but try to keep up.

>He mostly has to represent the state and be good at public speaking.

Anyone can be good at public speaking with a fucking teleprompter in front of them and even a modicum of charisma, which Trump has in abundance.

>but he won't be amazing at talking to other leaders and actual human beings.

Mhm, except his entire business record states otherwise. I'm not surprised an autist like you sucks at understanding social interaction, tho.

>You forget that despite it's flaws America is still a democracy

Nope, it's not and it never has been. America is a Constitutional Republic and hes been such since its inception. Try again.

>It won't. They'll just get there by boat or by liberals.

I'm certain some autistic dumbfuck from Britbongistan understands the border situation better than the actual border guards who support Trump.
>>
>>76711584
>what are convection currents
>what is the polar vortex
Old bait is old
>>
File: kirken it.gif (2 MB, 500x383) Image search: [Google]
kirken it.gif
2 MB, 500x383
>>76716108
>decades worth of evidence

>decades worth of hypothesis based on that evidence that turned out to be wrong

>centuries worth actually

hmmm really makes you think...
>>
>>76716108

>decades worth of evidence

Are you retarded? Climate scientists have been spewing doomsday prophecies since the fifties and have been wrong every single goddamn time. What "evidence" are you talking about, you fedora-tipping imbecile?
>>
>>76711584
I would like to point out that we watched Al Gore's movie in class back then when it came it out and I have seen four or five wildlife documentaries since then which have the same polar bear swimming in the wide ocean and being desperate enough to attack walruses which wound him mortally. All because of climate change as the different narrators always lets us know. The last one of those documentaries was released just last year.
>>
File: whatbob.jpg (98 KB, 424x620) Image search: [Google]
whatbob.jpg
98 KB, 424x620
>>76716195
most people in NY realestate when Trump started got loans far larger than that

People starting businesses get larger loans today

Thats not an excessive amount of money in real estate, are you REALLY this stupid?
>>
>>76716324
There's nothing doomsday about it.
The planet is getting hotter and that's a fact.
>>
>>76716324
>Climate scientists have been spewing doomsday prophecies since the fifties

[citation needed]

Al gore is not a scientist
>>
>>76716296
Such as.....
>>
>>76716109
I don't read this shit because the only reason it gets published is because there's an agenda in the first place.

I've seen way too many inconsistencies and discrepancies. Taking balloon temps only in summer and from those near mass infrastructure conglomerates with loads of passive heat from electricity, discarding outliers and winter stats.

The last however many years in australia our CSIRO has been spinning this shit that australia is getting hotter and fucking hotter each year, because we have 1 day that reaches some peak heat measured in the hottest fucking single spot somewhere in darwin in a shed or some bullshit while the actual nation knows it's getting fucking colder because it has been.

We had cunts the next town over get frozen windshields and frost everywhere in the morning. Shit that has never happened, and got even worse this year. The dumb cunts went out and poured a kettle of boiling water on their glass because they didn't know how to handle it.

You could connect global warming with anything OTHER than CO2. You could come up with some bullshit about how the collective bodyheat of India during summer bounces off the earth like a radiator, hits the moon and then redirects to warm a hole in the ozone above china and some other bullshit happens and people would probably believe that too.

It's like the "mystery ozone hole" above Australia. There's no fucking mystery. Guess why there's a hole there? Because the middle of australia is bright as fuck massive hotplate and is reflecting sun back out into a focused point like a mirror. That's it. It's not some fucking CFC boogeyman.
>>
>>76711797
>a timespan of 36 years

You have to go back.
>>
>>76716407

>the planet is constantly getting hotter
>12 years of no remotely significant increase in temperature
>OY VEY, IT'S JUST A PAUSE

I love how they switched from "global warming" to "climate change" almost overnight.
>>
File: oh really.jpg (91 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
oh really.jpg
91 KB, 323x323
>>76716466

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6YyvdYPrhY

>i don't even know the history of the science im pushing

wew lad
>>
>>76716012
i am talking about polution, which can change the climate. look at china and their fucking air quality. look at india. this is caused by humans and it did not just appear out of nothing.

>funny considering youre actively turning your own nation into a third world shithole without any help from pollution

not an argument. i am not defending the position and behaviour of our politicians and government. i oppose them. but you are defending trumps position here.

also:
> black president.
>>
>>76716235
>Except he's not.
Okay, let's just say he's not. But he is stating controversial political views that will make the government uneasy, and make them dislike Trump.

>Anyone can be good at public speaking with a fucking teleprompter in front of them and even a modicum of charisma, which Trump has in abundance.

Not true. Trump's charisma is very American, too - in other words, he has hardly any charisma for the rest of the world. The only reason people like him is because he pisses off globalists, which doesn't require any charisma or wit.

>Mhm, except his entire business record states otherwise.
He practically sucked up to others to do this. Is he going to do this as a leader? Face it, most people and leaders hate him (especially the leaders).

>Nope, it's not and it never has been. America is a Constitutional Republic and hes been such since its inception. Try again.
And Britain is a Constitutional Monarchy. Fucking kill yourself, autismo.

>I'm certain some autistic dumbfuck from Britbongistan understands the border situation better than the actual border guards who support Trump.
Yes, because I'm not American and thus not prone to complete retardation. I know Serbians won't be able to understand this, because you're just as retarded, but Americans are pretty retarded.
>>
>>76716487
every prediction made between 1830-2010 related to climate change
>>
>>76716607
I am still waiting for some scientific literature on the subject. Please do find me one. PLEASE
>>
>>76716489
>Because the middle of australia is bright as fuck massive hotplate and is reflecting sun back out into a focused point like a mirror.
That's not how ozone depletion works, compadre. Neither is the surface of the Australian deserts shaped like a mirror, it's still quite Lambertian in first approximation - why would it focus the outgoing beam? Ozone depletion has halted because of the implementation of the Montreal agreement.
>>
>>76716597
>>12 years of no remotely significant increase in temperature
>>OY VEY, IT'S JUST A PAUSE
Global heat content has increased steadily since the 50s at least.
>>
>>76716324
Looked into your claim. In fact, I found that people were saying the same as early as the 18th century. Nice try though.
>>
>>76716078
>If there is any real climate effects 99% of that shit is fucking China anyway who will NEVER do shit about it.
keep living in denial amerifat.

http://public.wsu.edu/~mreed/380American%20Consumption.htm

Americans constitute 5% of the world's population but consume 24% of the world's energy.

· On average, one American consumes as much energy as

o 2 Japanese

o 6 Mexicans

o 13 Chinese

o 31 Indians

o 128 Bangladeshis

o 307 Tanzanians

o 370 Ethiopians

· The population is projected to increase by nearly 130 million people - the equivalent of adding another four states the size of California - by the year 2050.

· Forty percent of births are unintended.

· Americans eat 815 billion calories of food each day - that's roughly 200 billion more than needed - enough to feed 80 million people.

· Americans throw out 200,000 tons of edible food daily.

· The average American generates 52 tons of garbage by age 75.

· The average individual daily consumption of water is 159 gallons, while more than half the world's population lives on 25 gallons.

· Fifty percent of the wetlands, 90% of the northwestern old-growth forests, and 99% of the tall-grass prairie have been destroyed in the last 200 years.

· Eighty percent of the corn grown and 95% of the oats are fed to livestock.

· Fifty-six percent of available farmland is used for beef production.

· Every day an estimated nine square miles of rural land are lost to development.

· There are more shopping malls than high schools.
>>
>>76711521
Which is true if you think about it.

>less water down there
>less to eat
>more violence
>they blame us
>they attack us
>>
>>76716667
Gonna need something more specific buddy
>>
>>76716730
I didn't mean focussed into a single point. I'm saying in general the sun is just rebounding right off of all that bright land. The ozone hole over Australia and Antarctica are there for the same reasons as each other. Large bright landmasses redirecting photons and heat funny.
>>
Earth does warm up, so what? It has been proven to do that on a cycle basis. It's definitely not the first time it's happening, it has got nothing to do with human intervention and there is nothing humans can do to stop it.
The concept that we could do something about it has indeed been invented by the left as a way to create more taxes, which in turn made the west even more uncompetitive compared to China who doesn't give a single fuck about anything that could stunt it's economical growth.
>>
>>76713781
>it's an American is fucking retarded and doesn't know shit about the subject but acts like they're a fucking expert episode
>>
File: BTFO.png (77 KB, 197x302) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
77 KB, 197x302
>>76716704
Gilbert Plass

http://stsimonsislandgaguys.blogspot.com/2011/05/gilbert-norman-plass.html

You can find his research papers yourself, summaries are in the link i provided

stay btfo
>>
>>76711606
>>76711818
But where would Donald J. Trump lead the Republicans? There is no policy that is good for American businesses profiting from getting people to believe in climate change except if you want to apply for public funds and you say it's for climate change. Climate change policies are hurting people and if you think them through the end result is either to just kill half the earth population, because that what it breaks down when you think about the carbon footprint, or just going back some centuries with our technology because cars and all those other fancy inventions are only polluting.

Now if he were to sell Democrats on nuclear energy that would make sense as Barack Obama also became a fan of it after learning about it enough but he did not try to change the public opinion on it.
>>
File: Britania_Rules.png (912 KB, 1156x900) Image search: [Google]
Britania_Rules.png
912 KB, 1156x900
>>76716651

I will never not laugh when someone from your Orwellian nightmare of a country calls anyone else "retarded". It's just too rich.

>But he is stating controversial political views that will make the government uneasy, and make them dislike Trump.

Well yeah, no fucking shit, autistic Sherlock. He's a threat to the current globalist cabal. How is this news to you?

>Trump's charisma is very American, too - in other words, he has hardly any charisma for the rest of the world

How does this matter? He won't be holding public speeches in front of the rest of the world. And the leaders don't have to like him, for fuck's sake, they won't be having sex. They just have to know he's not fucking around.

>He practically sucked up to others to do this

No, he negotiated. Again, try looking at social interaction through the eyes of a normal-functioning person, not an autist, you complete and utter autist.

>And Britain is a Constitutional Monarchy
>a country that switched systems numerous times throughout history is the same as the one who's had the same system since its inception 200 years ago

Autism speaks.

>Yes, because I'm not American and thus not prone to complete retardation.

Yes, because you know the border situation better than the people actually on the border. This is the biggest show of pure, unrestricted autism I've seen in my life.
>>
>>76716872
If that were the case, you would see similar effects in northern polar regions during winter, as pure snow has a very high albedo in the main ozone absorption bands or around 0.3 microns. Boreal Asia/Russia and Canada are rather large landmasses, and would thus induce the same ozone depletion if your hypothesis were correct. However, you don't see this - and atmospheric ozone is very easily measured from space.
>>
File: 1459278760760.png (336 KB, 517x517) Image search: [Google]
1459278760760.png
336 KB, 517x517
>>76717092
Based Serb. Can I move to your country?
>>
>>76709505
I'm literally voting Trump because I want the world to burn and the best part is the niggers in african desert shitholes will all burn and die first
>>
>>76716856
Svante Arrhenius in the 1800s predicted increased temperatures due to global warming would end life on earth

James HUtton made similar claims

As did Perauddin

Gilbert Plass in the 50s said the polar ice caps would be melted by the end of the century

Roger Reville suggested that carbon would literally poison water on earth

do you want me to keep going?
>>
I'm not even going to get into the debate for either side, but what the fuck?

America created NASA, entered the space race, created the polio vaccine started transplanting organs and started developing more-akin to modern coding in the 1950's.

This all at a time when China hardly knew what coal fucking was. China industrialized in the 60's, the concept of human influenced climate has been around since the 1930's.
>>
>>76712346
>No science is done conclusively without heavy funding, heavy funding always comes from a source that has its own goals and agendas.

This!

Scientist: "I want to do a study on stork mating and migration."
State: "Sorry, but we have a limited amount for public funding..."
Scientist: "It's about how climate change disrupted mating and forces the stork to migrate."
State: "Shut up and take my money!"
>>
>>76717231
>the concept of human influenced climate has been around since the 1930's.

**accepted in the general scientific community
>>
>>76717211

We can swap places, unless you're from Cali or Minnesota.
>>
File: edq.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
edq.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>76717231
>immediately thought of this

its all so tiresome
>>
>>76709505

geme theorists believe that GW is used by the UN to tax countries around the world. To come closer to a monopolar world order....
>>
>>76717370
>Cali or Minnesota.

BASED SERB

shit states BTFO

you should come to PA my man, the white parts not niggerdelphia or shitsburg
>>
>>76712543
Stfu Chinese shill, since the 1970's factory emissions have gone way down here. Meanwhile bejing has air only the insectoid Chinese would breath.
>>
>>76711663
I mean Hawkins opposed brexit because he wants EU grant shekels to keep flowing. If that isn't a tacit admission that politics influences the scientific community I dunno what is.
>>
>>76716651

The pozi is really hating the fact that Trump actually has charisma, unlike the soulless old crone Merkel and the dead-eyed cumdumpster Trudeau
>>
>>76717276
So I have been doing research in Austria, the UK, Germany and the US, I have been successfully applying (begging) for project funding in all of these countries, and never ever, not a single time, have any of the funding agencies pushed shit on me. All the funding agencies want is results, publications and raising the scientific profile of the respective agency. I've published two papers which successfully challenged the prior understanding that climate change was responsible for an observed phenomenon - I did not get a censor not from any of my funding bodies.

Conspiracies are fun and all, but this one's just laughable.
>>
>>76717440
Too bad PA is #artilleryforhillary

MO is a better choice, just nuke STL and KYC and we will be fine.
>>
>>76712452
>The CONCEPT OF climate change.

The only thing that can be described as a consensus about climate change is that mankind plays a part in it. That does not mean it is fully responsible for climate change but only few scientists contest human contribution to climate change. So the only point climate change advocates can rightfully call denial is when people state that climate change is to a 100 % not manmade.
There is no consensus about how big the human influence on climate change really is.
>>
>>76711663
Global Warming/Climate Change is a substitute religion for lefty athiests.

As long as belief is a part of our genetic makeup, we will need religion.
>>
>>76717217
The fact that it could end life on earth is agreed upon. The only question is when. In fact, humans are causing a mass extinction event right now. The polar ice caps are also a matter of when. As for carbon poisoning water, basic chemistry proves that to be true. H2O + CO2 makes H2CO3, which makes water more acidic.
>>
What we are looking at is A New World Order.

A remark from Maurice Strong, who organized the first U.N. Earth Climate Summit (1992) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil revealed the real goal: “We may get to the point where the only way of saving the world will be for industrialized civilization to collapse.”

Former U.S. Senator Timothy Wirth (D-CO), addressing the same Rio Climate Summit audience, agreed: “We have got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic policy and environmental policy.” (Wirth now heads the U.N. Foundation which lobbies for hundreds of billions of U.S. taxpayer dollars to help underdeveloped countries fight climate change.)

Also speaking at the Rio conference, Deputy Assistant of State Richard Benedick said: “A global warming treaty [Kyoto] must be implemented even if there is no scientific evidence to back the [enhanced] greenhouse effect.”

In 1988, a former Canadian Minister of the Environment told editors and reporters of the Calgary Herald: “No matter if the science of global warming is all phony…climate change [provides] the greatest opportunity to bring about justice and equality in the world.”

In 1996, former Soviet Union President Mikhail Gorbachev emphasized the importance of using climate alarmism to advance socialist Marxist objectives: “The threat of environmental crisis will be the international disaster key to unlock the New World Order.”

Speaking at the 2000 U.N. Conference on Climate Change in the Hague, former President Jacques Chirac of France said: “For the first time, humanity is instituting a genuine instrument of global governance, one that should find a place within the World Environmental Organization which France and the European Union would like to see established.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/02/05/in-their-own-words-climate-alarmists-debunk-their-science/#1a566c5076fb
>>
>>76717609
>I did minor shit that nobody cares about
>nobody censored me

that's nice
>>
File: PA Trump pride.png (401 KB, 686x537) Image search: [Google]
PA Trump pride.png
401 KB, 686x537
>>76717619
>Too bad PA is #artilleryforhillary

>65k people switched from dem to republican
>Trump beat combined vote totals of bernie and hillary in northampton, wilkes, and lehigh
>only one of those districts needs to flip for the state to go red

Nah m8, even the biased polling has them tied

We're bluecollar af and 200% Trump
>>
>>76717546
None of them have charisma. In fact, Trump has the same amount of charism as Trudeau and Merkel's charisma is below the charts.
>>
>>76712094
>Today being colder than yesterday doesn't disprove a trend in temperature.
Yes, which is why Global Warming got BTFOed by the Pause, and they had to rename their religion "Climate Change" because it got knocked the fuck out so badly.
>>
>>76717683
>moving the goalposts after getting btfo again
They also all attached timelines to when it would happen which did not occur

2/10 laughing at your pathetic pseudo religion right now
>>
File: get_out.jpg (43 KB, 576x640) Image search: [Google]
get_out.jpg
43 KB, 576x640
>>76717757

>None of them have charisma

As if I needed more proof you're an autistic shut-in with no clue how human interaction works.

>mfw Alexander finally decided to stop by after he figured out /pol/ were the only people watching his channel
>>
>>76713052
>If you were equally skeptical of all claims, and only looked at facts, you would realize that we are due for an ice age, the climate will change, and developed countries should prepare for it.

So you would then endorse Donald J. Trump as president, because if he were to lift the environmental restrictions on American industries mankind would have another huge nation to warm up the planet for the coming ice age?
>>
>>76717757
>cucked country can't see Trumps appeal

shocking

good thing we don't care what you think at all achmed
>>
>>76711949
>sperging out about semantics
>calling others idiotic
wew, leftists
>>
NEVERMIND GUYS, WE GONNA BE FINE. FALSE ALARM!!!

“Earth Day” 1970 Kenneth Watt, ecologist: “At the present rate of nitrogen build-up, it’s only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable.”

“Earth Day” 1970 Kenneth Watt, ecologist: “The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age.”

April 28, 1975 Newsweek “There are ominous signs that Earth’s weather patterns have begun to change dramatically….The evidence in support of these predictions has now begun to accumulate so massively that meteorologists are hard-pressed to keep up with it….The central fact is that…the earth’s climate seems to be cooling down…If the climate change is as profound as some of the pessimists fear, the resulting famines could be catastrophic.”

1976 Lowell Ponte in “The Cooling,”: “This cooling has already killed hundreds of thousands of people. If it continues and no strong action is taken, it will cause world famine, world chaos and world war, and this could all come about before the year 2000.”

July 9, 1971, Washington Post: “In the next 50 years fine dust that humans discharge into the atmosphere by burning fossil fuel will screen out so much of the sun’s rays that the Earth’s average temperature could fall by six degrees. Sustained emissions over five to ten years, could be sufficient to trigger an ice age.”

June, 1975, Nigel Calder in International Wildlife: “The continued rapid cooling of the earth since WWII is in accord with the increase in global air pollution associated with industrialization, mechanization, urbanization and exploding population.”
>>
>>76718229
I remember getting a heavy dose of fear-mongering about global warming in 5th grade. This was in the early 2000s.

I can totally see what you were saying earlier about it being like a religion. It's similar to "if you don't follow Christianity's tenets, you're going to hell."
>>
File: too damn hot.jpg (58 KB, 540x653) Image search: [Google]
too damn hot.jpg
58 KB, 540x653
>>76718229
>its getting too hot were all gonna die

>its getting too cold were all gonna die

holy shit can these people make up their minds?
>>
>>76717923
>pathetic pseudo religion
only on /pol/ is science a religion. If the only thing you've argued is when, and theirs already scientific explications for why they were not then you clearly haven't proved shit about global warming.
>>
>>76714080
>You just supported my point.

How so? And how is the tropopause height related to CO2?
>>
>>76718579
>theirs
wew

>you clearly haven't proved shit about global warming
i proved that 100% of predictions about global warming/climate change have failed to come true

so theres that

and it is a religion

your core belief is that it exists so any and all data you can use to try and substantiate that belief is infallible, while anything contrary (like the pause) is dismissed as a fluke

when belief replaces objectivity it stops being science at all
>>
>>76718610
From Lorentz 2007:

In response to increased CO2 concentration, the atmospheric temperature increases in the troposphere but decreases in the stratosphere [Manabe and Wetherald, 1967, 1980]. The temperature decreases in the stratosphere occur
because to first order the dominant balance in the stratosphere is between warming due to shortwave absorption byozone and cooling due to longwave emission by CO2 [e.g., Held, 1993]. Therefore an increase in CO2 leads to more
longwave cooling in the stratosphere. The warming in the troposphere and the cooling in the stratosphere decreases the static stability in the region of the tropopause, or, in other words, the cooling in the stratosphere and the warming
in the troposphere raises the height of the tropopause. A rise in tropopause height in response to CO2 increase has been seen in both observations and climate model simulations [e.g., Kushner et al., 2001; Santer et al., 2003].
>>
IGNORE EARLIER POSTS!
WE FUCKED!!

January 2000 Dr. Michael Oppenheimer of the Environmental Defense Fund (in a NY Times interview) on mild winters in New York: “But it does not take a scientist to size up the effects of snowless winters on children too young to remember the record-setting blizzards of 1996. For them, the pleasures of sledding and snowball fights are as out-of-date as hoop-rolling, and the delight of a snow day off from school is unknown.”

1969, Lubos Moti, Czech physicist: “It is now pretty clearly agreed that CO2 content [in the atmosphere] will rise 25% by 2000. This could increase the average temperature near the earth’s surface by 7 degrees Fahrenheit. This in turn could raise the level of the sea by 10 feet. Goodbye New York. Goodbye Washington, for that matter.”

Michael Oppenheimer, 1990, The Environmental Defense Fund: “By 1995, the greenhouse effect will be desolating the heartlands of North America and Eurasia with horrific drought, causing crop failures and food riots…”(By 1996) The Platte River of Nebraska will be dry, while a continent-wide black blizzard of prairie topsoil will stop traffic on interstates, strip paint from houses and shut down computers…The Mexican police will round up illegal American migrants surging into Mexico seeking work as field hands.”

June 30, 1989, Associated Press: U.N. OFFICIAL PREDICTS DISASTER–entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000. Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ‘eco-refugees,’ threatening political chaos,” said Brown, director of the U.N. Environment Program. He added that governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect.

Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”
David Viner, University of East Anglia
>>
File: miller smug.jpg (22 KB, 277x243) Image search: [Google]
miller smug.jpg
22 KB, 277x243
>>76718916
please keep going anon

my fucking sides are aching at this point
>>
>>76709505
>Implying people can't change their mind.
>>
>>76712452
>Karl
>>
>>76714507
Even if you think he had a head start, do you realize how long he has been in this position and how hard this is.

>It turns out that 12 percent of the population will find themselves in the top 1 percent of the income distribution for at least one year. What’s more, 39 percent of Americans will spend a year in the top 5 percent of the income distribution, 56 percent will find themselves in the top 10 percent, and a whopping 73 percent will spend a year in the top 20 percent of the income distribution.

>Yet while many Americans will experience some level of affluence during their lives, a much smaller percentage of them will do so for an extended period of time. Although 12 percent of the population will experience a year in which they find themselves in the top 1 percent of the income distribution, a mere 0.6 percent will do so in 10 consecutive years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/opinion/sunday/from-rags-to-riches-to-rags.html?smid=pl-share&_r=0

No matter what advantage you think he had in the beginning you can't deny the impressive run he had especially with the kind of businesses he has been invest in.
>>
>>76718916
That was early in the game. These doomsday soothsayers have evolved. They no longer give specific dates to their claims, because they've lost too much credibility in the past.

Truthfully, this shit goes back even further. Before the global cooling scare, these same "scientists" were warning of population explosion. Paul Krugman even wrote in a book that by 1980, massive famine would have killed a huge portion of the population.

Guess who's a huge global warming advocate today?

These people have no shame, no morals, and no integrity. This is all about money and power, and don't you fucking dare believe differently.
>>
>>76711577
Because the right has lost everywhere else. US is the last ground.

APW is hoax.
>>
>>76719162
>please keep going anon

OK.

>“only 41 papers — 0.3 percent of all 11,944 abstracts or 1.0 percent of the 4,014 expressing an opinion, and not 97.1 percent,” endorsed what Cook claimed.

Surely the most suspicious “97 percent” study was conducted in 2013 by Australian scientist John Cook — author of the 2011 book Climate Change Denial: Heads in the Sand and creator of the blog Skeptical Science (subtitle: “Getting skeptical about global warming skepticism.”). In an analysis of 12,000 abstracts, he found “a 97% consensus among papers taking a position on the cause of global warming in the peer-reviewed literature that humans are responsible.” “Among papers taking a position” is a significant qualifier: Only 34 percent of the papers Cook examined expressed any opinion about anthropogenic climate change at all. Since 33 percent appeared to endorse anthropogenic climate change, he divided 33 by 34 and — voilà — 97 percent! When David Legates, a University of Delaware professor who formerly headed the university’s Center for Climatic Research, recreated Cook’s study, he found that “only 41 papers — 0.3 percent of all 11,944 abstracts or 1.0 percent of the 4,014 expressing an opinion, and not 97.1 percent,” endorsed what Cook claimed. Several scientists whose papers were included in Cook’s initial sample also protested that they had been misinterpreted. “Significant questions about anthropogenic influences on climate remain,” Legates concluded.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

From the skeptical science website, ran by the great Australian scientist John Cook:

>This site was created by John Cook. I'm not a climatologist or a scientist but a self employed cartoonist and web programmer by trade

http://web.archive.org/web/20080213042858/http://www.skepticalscience.com/page.php?p=3
>>
>>76719216
Well you can't really blame us for retaining or lifting our lifestyle, can you? As long as you all sheeple elect Shillary or Drumpf, keep turning on the electric jew at dinner time, trade arms with Saudis, bow to Tante Merkel and the Kraken in Bruxelles .. I don't see my job being in any danger soon. You like having us Earth Scientists around because doomsday scenarios are so much more interesting and palatable to you all then the truth - which is that nothing of any interest is going to happen in your boring, shitty lives.

Thanks for paying my salary, dudes!
>>
>>76718780
>100% of predictions
Is thats what you call two thirds of those scientists being right, as well as the average climate INCREASING. The timing with the polar ice caps would most likely have also been right, but the cooling effect of the ozone layer has been shown by science to be the reason behind this. So for all intents and purposes, you haven't done shit.
>all data you can use to try and substantiate that belief is infallible
Coming from the guy whose side only has 3% of scientific articles supporting their bullshit
>>
File: fuckin kek.jpg (44 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
fuckin kek.jpg
44 KB, 451x392
>>76719353
>97% study conducted by self employed strayan cartoonist

YOU LITERALLY CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>76719474
>two thirds of those scientists being right

>nothing they've said has come true

anon, this is getting sad
its like an 8 year old waiting up all night for santa

>average climate INCREASING

in which way? half the fuckers i listed said we were headed towards an ice age while the others said we would roast

there it is

You will say literally anything to substantiate your preconceived view

>muh 97%
too bad that was btfo before you even posted lad
>>
>>76716624
The trick is to give people reign over their own land. No, not their country but their own soil.

Communists, Greens and Nazis are all in on this environmental stuff but they're making it only worse with their propaganda. You name China and India. What about Germany? Going through school I thought all our farmers are out to poison our soil and rivers and all pharmaceutical companies are out to poison us. Yet I see we are not living in a wasteland and our life expectancy has risen continually.

People complaining to you about pollution of their country are usually no better than the ones crying to you about the faraway rain forest or the Great Barrier Reef. Just care about your own stuff or be consequent enough to shoot yourself to safe the atmosphere.
>>
>>76719513
>>self employed cartoonist

In the past, this was code for pedophile.

Now, it's a resume for a government job.
>>
>>76719353
Image VERY related. Its not the same data sampling but its the same misleading methodology and surprise surprise its the header image on Wikipedias article on "climate change denial"

The source is a shitty blog about how some faggot cherry picked vehemently anti-anthopogenic articles in peer-reviewed studies (already a lost cause given the peer collusion) without mention the neutral or actively pro-anthropological studies within the same sample, given a very distorted appeal to consensus.
>>
File: top kek lel.jpg (25 KB, 400x283) Image search: [Google]
top kek lel.jpg
25 KB, 400x283
>>76720093
wew lad

you are doing gods work but my sides hate you for it
>>
>>76709505
>its a /pol/ replies to bait episode
>>
>>76711584
>per cent
>>
>>76709505
>man made climate change
>real
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.