[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't the US Treasury just print a $20 trillion dollar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: geometricinvestor.png (3 KB, 310x253) Image search: [Google]
geometricinvestor.png
3 KB, 310x253
Why can't the US Treasury just print a $20 trillion dollar bill and fix the debt already?

Really makes you think...
>>
>>76701255
That's not how economy works my fellow burguer
>>
>>76701255

Has Bernie Sanders become a /pollack?
>>
>>76701339
Actually yeah, it does work that way because we own the petro dollar. And we could actually do that. The problem is it would result in our credit collapsing and no one ever wanting to use the dollar, thus losing the petro dollar. So it's a catch 22.
>>
simpsons did it
>>
>>76701255
That would lead to Weimar Germany levels of hyperinflation .
>>
>>76701391
I'm sorry, but did Bernie already lose? Oh, that's right. The primary isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only 98% complete. Does not having the lead 98% of the way through the primary count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the primary is still on? Bernie is still running right now and he has been the best candidate in the Democratic Party primary for how many years now? He's running one of the worst worst in the history of the party who just happens to have a lead because she's feeding off the energy of election fraud and the mainstream media. But you know what? He still fucking sucks. Bernie is one of the best fucking candidates in the history of the party, he went 86-14 in Vermont and would of won the South if the blacks didn't vote. Maybe you should shut the fuck up before you make privileged topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when Bernie wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, Hillary just lost Montana when she needed to get one, just like in 2008. Are you a fucking drunk? Are you white? Are you male? You are a fucking idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm fucking serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Bernie topics because you're a white male who doesn't like Bernie because he's good. Fuck you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll this fucking candidate on the board, like I give a fuck. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a white male. Always doing stupid shit like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your fucking life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. Fuck you. You are nothing.
>>
>>76701417
So it is not how it works, anyway the dollar would colapse, don't worry our economy is worst shit than yours
>>
>>76701255
>bernouts take economics 101
>>
>>76701255
Literally we can print infinite money.

If you think otherwise you're retarded.
>b-but that's not what I learned in Econ 101!

2008: Fed extends unlimited credit to various financial institutions. Literally pumped 17 trillion into the economy and succeeded. We live in a new time regarding monetary theory. If you think inflation still works the same you're wrong too.The inflation rate for 2015 was 0.7%.

Welcome to the future bros.
>>
File: 1328312733370.png (88 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1328312733370.png
88 KB, 260x260
>>76701684
this is your logic.
>>
>>76701821
Have both of what? Remember when Trump said on the debt?
>http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/09/politics/donald-trump-national-debt-strategy/
"We can just print the money!"

He is not wrong. The WORLD relies on the American dollar. That's why literally nothing happened when the Fed worked their magic in 2008 and 2009. In fact, other nations supported it wholeheartedly.

In today's world of currency wars, fiat currency, MMT, digital currency, economics doesn't work the same anymore. The same underlying principles remain obviously such as supply and demand, but monetary theory with things like QE and the 2008 crises literally rewrote the macroeconomics book.

America has a good hand dealt to it with the Jews in the Fed and its power in the world. We can literally print (or digitally create) as much currency as we want with no repercussions.

Republicans use the debt as a meme to get votes btw. They have no plans on reducing it (in fact, they often add more to it than Democrats).

Just saying, m8. Welcome to the future.
>>
File: 1459204800862.jpg (96 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459204800862.jpg
96 KB, 640x480
>>76701821
>>
File: 2a0.png (24 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
2a0.png
24 KB, 210x200
>>76702102
>what is the euro
>what is yen
>what is the pound

Ok. Because just printing money works so well for countries like Zimbabwe. I mean they have a 10 trillion dollar bill. everyone there is loaded beyond all belief.

Well memed my friend. take an econ class and Bernies homepage doesn't count.
>>
>>76702102

>.25 sheckles have been added to your account

-t. bernie
>>
File: 1463057216339.jpg (227 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463057216339.jpg
227 KB, 1500x1000
>>76702419
I know you won't believe me, but I literally have two econ degrees and will soon be starting my MBA. Feel free not to believe my credentials though.

>what is the euro
A currency.

>what is yen
A currency.

>what is the pound
A currency.

I don't see what you're trying to say, but sure.

>
Ok. Because just printing money works so well for countries like Zimbabwe. I mean they have a 10 trillion dollar bill. everyone there is loaded beyond all belief.
Reread what I just said. Zimbabwe is not America. We have special macroeconomic privilege. Another thing is that the Zimbabwe currency was useless to begin with anyways. Also:
>niggers
>ever doing anything right

Once again, refer to our inflation. We have printed MASSIVE amounts and flooded the economy with new money (which is constantly being multiplied by banks too). The Fed, as previously states, pumped 17 trillion alone into the economy. Also, not to mention that massive amounts of borrow money we have under the Obama administration. And where was the SOOPER SCARY hyperinflation? It doesn't exist. I think the highest inflation in the past 10 years has been 3% for one particular year. The past two years has been > 1%. America hasn't really had much fluctuation in it's economy since the 70's after the oil shock besides the financial crises.

I know you took babby's first econ class. That's good. But once you grow up and start doing real research and reading big boy books, you can understand today's economy a bit better.
>>
>people saying this isn't how the economy works
>it actually is, just very gradually

Huh... really makes you think.
>>
>>76702945
> 1% *
Whatever. I'm half drunk
>>
>>76703055
< 1%
Kill me
>>
>>76701255
You must be fucking stupid. You ever heard of Inflation?
>>
File: 1452473388616.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452473388616.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>76703293
>>
File: Draghi-Super-Mario.jpg (39 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
Draghi-Super-Mario.jpg
39 KB, 500x551
>>76702102
>>76702945

This dude is right here in europe we're printing 80 billion of euro per month and we're stucked in deflation. So I'm not even sure it's only an U.S. thing (probably every advanced economic powerhouse can do it)

Draghi don't know what to do anymore and during a conference a journalist asked him "what's next?throwing bills from an helicopter" and Draghi answered super serious "helicopter money?we're thinking about it"

toppest of keks.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.